Is ComicsExplained the only good Comic Youtuber?

is ComicsExplained the only good Comic Youtuber?

who are some other good ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umdcBZWsmNg
youtube.com/watch?v=pHA6tVMapME
youtube.com/watch?v=mWWREYcmjqI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> ComicsExplained
> Good Youtuber

He's not as bad as comicstorian, but it's still extremely subjective. He's very hit and miss, but good for him for having a differing opinion than me on what he likes as a story arc.

StripPanelNaked for the best comics analysis on Youtube

I don't watch comic reviewers or historians because they're all spastics

I used to like Diversity & comics or whatever but hes kind of "bad" he has views that i can agree with, but his SJW Marvel is cringey and he shits on things i think are pretty good, he just seems kinda blind desu

Midnight's Edge, motherfuckers.

my friend who i've been getting into comics really obsesses over this guy, and while Squirrel Girl and America are total shit it just feels like hes coaxing over what this guy views as good rather then just going ahead and reading it, Diversity is fine but it doesn't seem like he has a grasp on the bigger picture just vids of him shitting on marvel and talking about how good or bad it is, idk thats gay id rather a DEEP ANALYSIS over haah this was good haha this was BAD

I hate this calorie thieving fat fuck for how much he sucks up to Batman

Strip Panel Naked makes great videos that aren't reviews or recaps, but analysis. It's quality stuff.

Is there a book with a "diversity" character that he HADN'T shat all over? Marvel is easy prey, but he even attacked stuff mostly acclaimed by Sup Forums like Green Lanterns.

I guess X-Men Gold kinda sorta counts?

Projecting neck beard detected.

CALORIE THIEVING

yeah thats kinda why i dropped him, i should tell my friend to not skip these character because of him

He keeps on the same subject too much.

Rob has a great voice but he is sometimes very shakey when it comes to factual accuracy.

And with that said...

He actually liked Gwenpool, Black Bolt, and Infamous Iron Man.

All you guys that are hating on Diversity and Comics are trying way too hard to find problems where there are none. Yea, I'd agree that he COULD delve a little deeper, but what he does is smart and informative and even a little funny. He's not trying to be anything that he's wanted not. It's a rant channel and a comic review channel. Not really sure why everyone is taking issue with that.

>ComicPop
>Diversity and Comics
>Professor Thorgi
Like others have said, ComicsExplained is just slightly higher than Comicstorian on the douchebag scale.

>Gwenpool, Black Bolt, and Infamous Iron Man.
those arent diversity characters, and Infamous is dribble

am i trying way to hard when hes dumping on a lot of good stuff, i dropped him for that reason

>He actually liked Gwenpool, Black Bolt, and Infamous Iron Man.
Well, they are not really "diversity legacy characters"

>he even attacked stuff
Oh god, attacked!? What is this, Tumblr? The guy buys comics and reviews them. Sometimes he likes them, sometimes he doesn't. It's fine to disagree with him, I do all the time, but to think he's "attacking" or "going after" something that you like is whiny bullshit.
Also, Green Lanterns is shit. Read Hal Jordan instead.

>le tumblr boogeyman
when will this fear end

That's true but they are in the same category of shit decisions by Marvel.
>Infamous Iron Man
Rando character takes over for regular character because reasons. Plus Bendis.

>Gwenpool
Specifically made to appeal to the Tumblr/diversity crowd.

>Black Bolt
Written by SJW writer who spews nonsense on Twitter all day and got the job because of being an SJW.

>Oh god, attacked!? What is this, Tumblr?
Are you really going to argue semantics? Say "bashed", whatever.

>Also, Green Lanterns is shit. Read Hal Jordan instead.
I read both, but I prefer GL's buddy cop atmosphere, though GLC is good too, especially Guy.

>Missing the point.
>Tumblr's full of whiny bitches who can't take criticism.
>Sup Forums is full of realists and assholes
>This user is literally bitching about a critic "attacking" his comics.
>Pussy ass bitch probably comes from Tumblr.

>Sup Forums is full of realists

>thinking about buying a certain collected edition of some comic
>look it up on youtube to see whether the binding is any good etc.
>all of them just review the story itself, as if I need their input on whether to read Sandman or From Hell or any other well-known comic
>focuses the camera on themselves instead of the book, just holding up next to their face and maybe flipping through a few pages to show one spread
>don't mention anything about the quality beyond "oh it looks so good on the shelf!", nothing about how easy the book is to hold and read, whether you can see everything in the middle etc.

Fuck all of them. They fill me with an incandescent rage with how they think anyone comes to them to find out whether lauded comics are worth reading, instead of whether the edition they're reviewing is worth reading.

The same thing happens when you want to look up a "fancy" edition of some classic book. No, I don't need you to tell me that Jane Austen is worth reading, Suzy Q. I just want to know whether the book you're holding has nice linespacing or looks cheap with a bunch of typos like some cheap editions.

Being cynical isn't being a realist.

>Pussy ass bitch probably comes from Tumblr.
Oh, fuck off. English is not even my first language, and I certainly did not intend to use "attack" as some sort of a loaded word.

According to the guy himself, he "roasts bad comics", so excuuuuse me, princess, for not using the proper terminology.

Ew, no. Comicpop on the other hand? God-tier

>Sup Forums
>realist

Being a bitter "cynical" edgefuck isn't being a realist, user.

It's closer than being an optimist.

>Likes Miles Morales
>Likes FemThor
>Thinks they should kill Peter off so that Miles can be the main spider.

He's pretty crap.

>>Professor Thorgi

Lol no. He's one of those who think you're a nazi if you don't like Legacy characters like Riri and Miles.

>>Thinks they should kill Peter off so that Miles can be the main spider.

This is probably the third time this month I've seen someone try to express that, are reviewers and reporters being paid to push that idea? I mean there's a more obvious way to getting Miles to be Spider-Man without having to kill Peter: Reinstate Peter and MJ's marriage, have Peter get injured almost the same way in the Spider-Girl universe, and have him retire. Miles can be Spider-Man in the time that Peter and MJ raise baby May or Annie May or whoever.

No that's a terrible idea. It's literally kicking Parkerfags to the side while shoving Miles down their throats instead of Peter. Why can't both characters exist at the same time? DC does it just fine with the Batfamily, Superfamily and the Green Lanterns.

Saw a podcast with him once were he said he thought Superior Spider-man was one of the best stories he ever read couldn't take him seriously after admitting such shit taste.

I agreed with him on the "Who has the most awesome tits in the Marvel universe?" videos.

Or they could just make Miles Dusk so this stupid argument can stop.

>bendis shit over slott shit

is that even an improvement

>and have him retire

No, fuck you. I want adult married Peter shuffling married life with being Spider-Man goddammit, not him having it returned only to get sidelined. Let him be the adult Spider-Man and Miles can be the teenage fuck-up they've been pushing on us all this time.

>Miles can be the teenage fuck-up
Bendis will have to die for this to happen.

The point, you fuckers, is that the people who keep trying to push the "Peter needs to die so Miles should become Spider-Man" aren't even able to come up with that idea much less come up with a decent way for them to coexist. Either their comic knowledge is limited or they're desperate to push the idea out of spite or shilling.

>Professor Thorgi
Dude has a problem if you hate some of the Diverse characters that are awful.

ComicPop!

Literally not true.

>ComicsExplained
>Good
y-you're kidding right? The guy is supposed to spoonfeed normies entire comic book stories in a no confusing and concrete way. Have you seen his videos? He rants, he deviates from the point, he goes on tangets, he's terrible at explaining considering most of his audience probably doesn't read or ever will read a comic. Plus he's a huge dick who thinks he can run over other people that has less than him.
Fuck him.

youtube.com/watch?v=umdcBZWsmNg
This one

>Not really sure why everyone is taking issue with that.

Youtube won't stop recommending him.
I haven't found any youtube comics talk that wasn't too far one way or the other politically. Picking apart things that for being some slight to their ideology that 9 times out of 10 wasn't anything at all. Non-SJW channels not knowing a character has been around for years throwing a fit claiming they're new 'diversity characters.' SJW Channels throwing fits over micro aggressions.

Really I'd like something that talks about the making of comics itself not just what comics fits in their wold view.

I know Diversity and comics tried to draw comics and talks about that sometimes but he's one of those dumbass guys that idolizes old artists and doesn't like art that strays from the 'house style' often.

ComicPop does some great podcasts

storytimes, state of the industry, what ifs etc

lewtoons is pretty good.

This. I like watching him, but he gets things wrong often it feels like.

in all honesty FrostThunderGamer is the only decent comictuber I know. his vids are pretty funny while not sucking anyones cock or shitting on things for the sake of shitting on things.

Have you even watched his videos? He reviews comics. He's enjoyed plenty of SJW comics that he thought he was going to hate.

>Really I'd like something that talks about the making of comics itself not just what comics fits in their wold view.
God this is such an asshole-y thing to say. He reviews comics! When Marvel is infested with SJW ideology, it turns out that that's gonna piss some people off. Are you really saying that commenting on Marvel's obsession with diversity and political correctness is wrong? There's clearly a problem here, and he's pointing it out.
Also, he has openly praised some books for having "progressive" messages, as long as it's not beating you over the head with it.

He respects and enjoys older, "house style" art, but that doesn't mean he never appreciates and praises more modern artwork.

I like Comicsexplained on The Weekly Pull but I don't like his videos. Comic Pop is my favorite but I feel like Sal is too harsh sometimes on current comics

youtube.com/watch?v=pHA6tVMapME

He's definitely at his best when they talk about the comics from his childhood

I like Faust when he actually posts a video.
And no, not just because I want to fuck the Scottish twink.

I like ComicDrake, he's chill

He might be a SJW but he keeps his SJWness in twitter

>Sup Forums is full of realists

NerdSync

If you want channels that talk about ongoings, then you're fucking retarded and autistic and there's no point in helping you.

that's one of my favorite thing about Fantagraphics, each book gets its own video where they open it up, show the insides and the spine. They actually understand that the book is just as important as the contents inside

I watched some videos when he shat on things I like and he didn't really bring any interesting points that would change my opinion. I just stick to his videos that I agree with or books that he enjoys, he can be pretty funny at times and is only watchable anti-SJW comic youtuber.

I like /comfy/ youtubers, chilled guys that go through their hauls, collections, give some recommendations. Not necessary pinnacle of literary analysis but I watch them before I go to sleep, to calm down etc.
Channels that I have in mind; Nerdventures, earl grey, chycho, Gore Vidal, Walt's Comic Book Channel, sleepyreader666

>just as important
Nigger please

If i'm spending 30,50, whatever on a book I want it to be well made.

Why is there so much YouTube shilling in here lately? It's like you faggots want this board to turn into Sup Forums.

>the book is just as important as the contents inside
That is some retarded shit right there.

Since ComicsExplained is a black guy, I only trust his opinion on electricity-based superheroes.

That is the whitest black dude I've ever seen.

Looks like a beaner to me.

Have you never bought a high quality collected edition release before? Well made books last longer, look better and show your money was well spent. There's nothing worse than dropping a good amount of money on a glued hardcover book. Reading is an experience and the book can help immensely in your enjoyment of it or be a detractor if it's poorly made.

I watch Variant. It's okay I guess.

Yeah, actually, I'm a collectorfag but I'd never say the style is as important as the substance.

In fact, I survived the Image boom and Liefeldpocalypse and limited to 450k sparkled cum variants of the 90s. They make companies look desperate and drive an artificial marketplace. You shouldn't have to go crazy with the packaging if you've got a good product, either.

He also likes RiRi

>All these comic channels
>No one mentions based comicbookcast

Nerdsync doesn't update as much anymore since they got hit with the "Adpocalypse", but the videos are very informative and professionally done, and the host is quite charismatic.

He's leagues better than Comicstorian. It annoys me how much they work together and shill each other because I actually find Benny to be the most insufferable cunt on YouTube.

God that corny fucker's narration is unbearable.

I think at one point he stated he liked Cho Hulk better than Banner & found Banner boring.

>The Weekly Pull
I like most of the crew but I can't stand CapedJoel. He literally has the worst taste in comics, if the comic has any sort of political or social justice themes he gives it a great review

>Sal is too harsh sometimes on current comics

Far from it. He seems almost hesistant to give current shit a bad review, while being extra harsh on back issues.

He's mixed black and white.

My nigga's an Oreo?

Oreos are 2 thirds brown and 1 third white.
ComicsExplained is 50-50 both

Eww.

>comicbookcast
>Remembers watching them when Joel was around
>Dropped when Joel seemed to leave
>Dropped also because Armin & everyone else just didn't click with me & were bland to me

Yeah, Back Issues is great, I'm using it to get my sister into comics. The episode they did on the Clone Saga is my go-to explainer for anyone who wants to know what that whole shitstorm was about.

It is kind of frustrating watching Sal fawn all over Snyder's Batman (which I couldn't get into) and proceed to dismiss King's run (which I fucking love so far) but hey, he seems like a stand-up guy so I'll live and let live.

Why are they even called Comicbookcast when they don't even talk about comics anymore?

I genuinely enjoy everyone from the weekly pull podcast. Except Joel, dude is way too annoying.

BEN SHAPIRO

youtube.com/watch?v=mWWREYcmjqI

This.

Sal is too big a Marvelfag. The only DC stuff he's ever read/likes is Batman, Superman and Justice League.

But of course

NASTY

He always spergs out in the worst way. I never thought i'd see a black man freak out over comic books like a valley girl flipping out over a new tube of lipstick. Plus, he loves the taste of nick spencer's cock way too much. It's funny watching his face when Sal, and Comicstorian shit on Secret Empire.
What made me stop watching him, and realize he's a phony were his IvX videos. He couldn't praise enough how awesome that shit was, then a few days later on The Weekly Pull he talks about how trash it actually is.
His only redeeming quality anymore is his unapologetic dislike of comicbookgirl19.

he was a lot better when he used to script his videos beforehand, and stayed on topic and kept out the stupid fanboy shit.

Doug Ernst is pretty a decent anti-sjw comic guy. he puts some thought into his reviews and makes some interesting points instead of just shitting on it solely because it's sjw crap.

he's a valley girl in a black man's body

>too harsh sometimes on current comics
Most of them deserve it though.

It's about the same actually. Optimisim makes things better, and Pessimism makes it worse.

Cynicism is a different bag, it sort of depends on the context. However, what post people think of as Cynicism is really just a specific branch of Pessimism where you expect things to go incorrectly.

Joel has a creepy laugh. I wouldn't let him near kids.

Literally the first thing I check if I'm in store.