Have you stopped following industry people on social media over politics?

Not that you stopped following them for that soul reason, but more because they don't seem to post things you originally followed them for relating to the industry their in, with it being more filled with politics constantly?

Pick related being the most well known.

I've stopped following lot of comic artist, and writers who seem to rarely have anything posted about their profession, and it being increasing nothing but a political feed.

The most recent one I stopped following was the VA Neil Kaplan, who seems to be largely partisan, even putting his name on Twitter in "((()))", and posting a screenshot of him being blocked by trump.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Takei is my favorite comic and cartoon!

Same.

yeah it's like... why aren't more people talkimg about comics and stuff instead of social media

Internet celeb shit should be punished with a permaban.

>following industry people on social media
I dont even do this.

I stopped following social media accounts years ago. This is nothing new. At best you find some industry people who use tumblr to show off concept art and preproduction details from cartoons they work on. Those are still mostly politics-free

>(((VA))).. ANIME VA...
Shocker someone that mostly does stage acting for tiny plays would be super whiny. We've never seen that before out of Houston, Austin, and Ft Worth...

Not Sup Forums. Miss the days of banning Sup Forumstards coming into other areas of Sup Forums.

>Everyone's a Sup Forumstard

Also talking about people in the comic, and cartoon industry is Sup Forums related.

I don't. Why the fuck would I stop following? I think most of the people who were on the warpath over Howard Chaykin's cover were making a huge mistake in feeding the Twitter beast, but for some of them I still like their work and will still follow them. I think Cameron Stewart's making terrible mistakes in these debates but I'm still willing to pick up Seaguy 3 when it's out. I don't agree with Chuck Dixon's politics but I think he's a solid writer.

All I know is that "Live by the sword, die by the sword" and "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" are still pretty damn apt to a lot of outspoken people online (doesn't even matter what your political affiliation is; I've seen this happen with both sides) so for the most obnoxious people all I have to do is wait and they'll slip up and cause people to turn against them. If I like their work, I'll still eventually get their work.

I try to subscribe to the idea of separating the art from the artist.

Most actors, artists, writers etc. are fucking horrible people who I'd probably never want to meet. I can enjoy their work in entertainment, provided it's not glaringly obvious that it's not ideologically motivated (lookin' at you Bill Nye), but for the most part, I'll ignore the person behind the proverbial mask.

Twitter is where good people go to metamorphosize into hideous self-aggrandizing people, and where hideous self-aggrandizing people go to receive validation from other hideous self-aggrandizing people.

If you like someone, and you find out they have a Twitter account, for the love of fuck do not let your curiosity ruin the illusion that they are a decent human being.

I don't use social media.

yes I remember the numerous cartoons and comics produced by George Takei

OP is literally just virtue signalling. Fuck off Sup Forums.

But safe spaces, hug boxes and confronting opinions you disagree with or something!

Pussies.

I'm in the industry and follow over 1000 mostly comics folk, so yeah the politics shit can get grating but what can you do. It just makes me appreciate the guys that stick to posting work and media they like even more.

Yes because a site full of trolls cannot pick up shit posting and splitting hairs while trying to manipulate the rules to do so. Sit down and shut up fsggot.

I never knew that I had any respect for Scott Adams, the guy who makes Dilbert, but holy shit. After last year? I discovered that I actually had some when I lost all of it.

I never needed to know the political views of the dipshit who draws Dilbert for a living.

Sup Forumsmblr is the most Sup Forumsphobic board

>Have you stopped following industry people on social media over politics?

user, I've stopped using social media altogether because of politics.

>He's known for star trek, which is Sup Forums related, if not we wouldn't have star wars threads either,

> He's done VA work which falls into the cartoon catergory,

>Was used as the most well known example, of people related to pop culture to used SM for politics.

>Sup Forums
>not knowing what virtue signaling is
Kill yourself tumblr fag

isn't Takei a pedophile? Im pretty sure I remember him talking about how its okay for younger teenagers to have sex with older guys on the howard stern show

no that's Milo Yiannopolos

OP is signalling that he has virtues that run contrary to those of the people he's shit-posting against. He is literally virtue signalling.

>A troll calling another person a another troll

Nice try fag

>Nah Im pretty sure it was Takei

Why the fuck would I? I can separate the actor from the person. Just because someone's good at something or makes something I like doesn't mean I have to like and agree with them.

No, I don't care.

[citation needed]

this

>Takei
>"internet celeb"

he has millions of followers

He's a celeb, and he's in the Internet. He's an internet celeb. Notice I didn't say e-celeb.

I don't think that's it since they're not trying to elevate their status, more just seeing if people stopped following others since it wasn't what they expected the feed from them would be like.

We also don't know what their beliefs are since he never said if he disagreed with what they posted, only that it wasn't what he expected.

Fair enough I don't feel like finding the video maybe Im wrong

>"I don't hate gays, I just want to pass laws systematically discriminating against them!"

What the fuck are you even on about
Like what does any of that have to do with what I just posted

"Virtue signaling" is a buzzword for something we already have a word for; being a self-righteous twat. Buzzwords in general are actually just excuses to not listen to someone and argue with them properly. This is a common mistake because most people are so polarized one way or the other politically that they cannot even conceive of the idea of listening to someone from the other side, debating the points with that person in a polite and constructive manner, or tolerating them enough to live and work alongside them despite the fact that in most cases both they and the other person are reasonable adults who are citizens of the same nation, or even neighbors. This is because politics have been dramatized into this epic two-sided struggle for control of the very soul of the nation, which is ultimately not what politics is or should be. Politics is the way people in a civilized nation decide how to direct their country's laws in the way that is most beneficial for most of it's citizens. By making politics into what is essentially reality television, we have sabotaged our own nation.

You know...

OP said that he stopped following George Takei because of Takei's politics. By advertising that, they are virtue signaling. They are letting everyone know that they disagree so firmly with Takei's politics that he stopped following them. How did OP not say what his views in terms of politics are?

I think he said he sympathized with Milo on that topic. He got heat for it, I remember that.

>Jeanposting
Oh, so you're just here to shitpost. Nevermind then.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A

For what Goddamned purpose do you follow over 1000 people. At what point does it just become an endless torrent of nonsense that's impossible to even try to keep up with for you?

Hell I only follow 65 people and it's already a pain trying to keep up with them all.

>everyone I disagree with is Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
You have to go back.

>everyone I disagree with has to "go back"

>I would rather not be forced to interact with people who have nothing better to do than to stir shit constantly, or be a massive asshole by advertising their homophobia, racism, anti-semitism, etc

Better?

I'm gonna quote OP here

>Not that you stopped following them for that soul reason, but more because they don't seem to post things you originally followed them for relating to the industry their in, with it being more filled with politics constantly?

>Pick related being the most well known.

Again I don't think he stated that he stopped following Takei, but was using him as an example since Takei is often cited online (including here a few times I think) as a celebrity that is somewhat related to Sup Forums who turned very political, which wasn't something many people who I'm guessing were fans of Star Trek originally followed him for.

This is what I believe, and how I interpreted his comment, feel free to think what you want though.

I had the opposite reaction. But that's only because I got that he was trying to teach persuasion while talking about Trump. Most people just pay attention to the Trump parts (like they read an article from some right-wing place and go rah rah rah for it or they read an article from some left-wing place and go reeeee against it) Like why did he make the comment about calling someone "Hitler" is racist toward Germans? Because he talked in previous entries about how identity is the strongest persuader. And going by the slapfights on Twitter and tumblr he's really not wrong.

Or maybe because it's annoying?

>Anything that's on Toonami in the past, present or future counts as Sup Forums
>People openly discuss JoJo, Dragon Ball Z, Hunter X Hunter, Digimon, etc.
>Imagine if [insert not Sup Forums related material] was in the DC Universe!
What happened? I swear this was a different place before 2010 and we still had movies then.

>Gay Asian man has liberal politics? Who could have seen this coming?

Pushing for a more accepting, welcoming and decent society, where people aren't discriminated against for conditions they have no control over is annoying?

>Using social media
Very few creators use Twitter/Tumblr as purely new content they've created. I want to use these sites for news but everyone uses it as a bitching platform, not realizing it could be damaging to your career.

>people shouldn't have the right to criticize the government when I think they're wrong: the post

yeah good luck getting the A2 crowd to give up those A1 rights user

>using social media
>post 2007
>or literally ever

If you own any form of social media, be it Facebook, twitter, tumblr, etc you should be hauled to the gas chambers. Which reminds me: social media screencaps in OPs and OPs about social media should be permaban status

>Have you stopped following industry people on social media over politics?

>Pick (picture is of George Takei) related being the most well known. [sic]