Which one is better

which one is better

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Katsuhiro-Otomo-Original-Animation-Anime-Cel-Copy-Bkgd-A10992-/391596759134?hash=item5b2cfc585e:g:98sAAOSwLF1X9~sn
ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Anime-Original-Production-Animation-Cel-Copy-Background-A9409-/232083797847?hash=item360945b757:g:PMcAAOSw9IpX0Gea
ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Anime-Original-Production-Animation-Cel-Copy-Background-A7107-/232032979625?hash=item36063e4aa9:g:N1kAAOSwtnpXj90~
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As a massive fucking weeaboo for anime let me tell you, it's Fantasia, and not even close.

>which one is better

You're probably not going to get any responses. Nobody has seen robot carnival.

Considering the fact I have the initial japanese VHS that retailed for $200 and 18 actual animation cels from the movie you can probably guess which one I prefer. If anyone wants me to post my cels in this thread I can.

"Magnetic Rose" from memories is still better than anything from Robot Carnival though. It's probably the best thing ever animated.

I'm partial to Franken's Gears myself, but yeah, Fantasia for sure. It seems like Presence is the one most people pick though, it must be the waifu thing.

>"Magnetic Rose" from memories is still better than anything from Robot Carnival though.

Sure, but it's way longer though so that's not really fair.

>It's probably the best thing ever animated.

Aw hell no, Kon's script-writing only improved from that point. Kaguya-hime is the best thing ever animated imo.

Post dem cels boi. Fuckin' loved Robot Carnival.

You got it, dude.

Photos aren't great but oh well. The ones I have from Katsuhiro Otomo's "Coming Soon" are my favorites as that sequence was my favorite part of the movie.

I guess IMO Magnetic Rose was perfect. I loved everything about it and the story was handled extremely well for how convoluted it could of been given the complex concept.

This one is probably my best. Unfortunately Deprive is one of my least favorite of the shorts (even though it's still good). The only "bad" short imo was cloud.

My Franken's Gears ones are some of my favorites too.

It was da computer all along! was kinda weak imo. I feel like Paprika is Kon's best script as far as blending reality and fantasy go.

Also I'm jelly, I'd love to have some vintage cels.

my nigga here knows

nothing comes close, even compares, to the masterpiece that is heavy metal

I don't think it's really that defined and I didn't really see that as being the "twist" anyway.

The computer was commissioned by the opera singer to recreate her fondest memories in a semi tangible simulation similar to 3D printing. When the other people came in it tried to do the same for them but subtly mixed them with the her original memories to appease them both despite the face she was long dead. It wasn't really a Hal 9000 situation and the computer itself had no personality or motiv it was all just her residual thoughts from decades ago, dragging ships into it's orbit so it could harvest their resources for more elaborate simulations.

I have a few more other than these but they're not as display-worthy. I got all 18 for like $50 so I can't complain though.

Robot carnival.
Because there you can tell the animators just wanted to have fun while in Fantasia, you can tell the animators just wanted to be artists.

Interesting breakdown, I guess my problem with it was that is just kinda felt like an unnecessary hand-wave after the big emotional climax. Everything regarding the daughter was great though. Especially when you realize that in the beginning the MC is asked about his family and he avoids the question.

Also while not related to the thread here's a production sketch I have from Serial Experiments Lain for anyone who likes this type of production stuff.

Fair enough, I wouldn't expect everyone to like it to the level that I do. I guess it just worked for me and didn't feel like a hand wave. How would you of ended it differently?

Also yeah that foreshadowing in it was great.
it also explained why he was so tremendously shocked when the doll falls off the table when they first enter the ship

Hmm, I don't think I would have ended it differently. I just think that in a ghost story you don't really have to explain the ghosts, but if you do, foreshadow it well before the reveal.

I still really like it though, it's just more of a strong 8 to a light 9 rather than a 10 for me.

Shit, how recently you get these my man? I was eyeing up some Franken's Gears cels on eBay recently

A few months back on ebay. I never really have any competition for this stuff since nobody else wants them. The guy who sold these relisted them like 3 times lowering the price each time. The only ones that ever get bought up are starlight angel which I think is because it got some press on tumblr by "vaporwave" blogs.

Here's some great ones from Franken's Gears specifically that I've been considering since they're just so cheap.

ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Katsuhiro-Otomo-Original-Animation-Anime-Cel-Copy-Bkgd-A10992-/391596759134?hash=item5b2cfc585e:g:98sAAOSwLF1X9~sn

ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Anime-Original-Production-Animation-Cel-Copy-Background-A9409-/232083797847?hash=item360945b757:g:PMcAAOSw9IpX0Gea

ebay.com/itm/ROBOT-CARNIVAL-Anime-Original-Production-Animation-Cel-Copy-Background-A7107-/232032979625?hash=item36063e4aa9:g:N1kAAOSwtnpXj90~

Ah those are the ones I was looking at a while back. I'm torn between a good character shot (because them Morimoto designs) or a lovely background

I'm tempted to get a Roujin Z one, those seem to be on eBay since the first time I discovered the site

tumblr would like the worst short lel

As someone who is always saying Anime is better than the west in pretty much everything animated, I have to give the gold to Fantasia on this one.

It's charming and the animation is good at least. Cloud is the worst imo. Long, boring, contrived and hardly even animated.

I gotta go with Robot Carnival on acounta robots.

>not liking the 80s concentrated in one short

but its straight up the best parts of toku

Vaporwave fags are fucking cancer. Anyways, thanks for posting this stuff user.