Tom Brevoort quits Twitter

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/29/marvels-tom-brevoort-announces-hes-quitting-twitter-will-relaunch/

>"I think my time on Twitter is coming to an end. There's simply no conversation to be had here anymore, just anger & fodder for clickbait."

I'm confused, Sup Forums. I though anger and clickbait was suppose to be good? Isn't that what Tom said? Shouldn't he be happy that people are angry at him since it means they are doing a good job?

>There's simply no conversation to be had here anymore,
There never was outside of customer support

>start and create a culture of anger and clickbait
>cry about it when it blows up in his face
He deserves it

Slowpoke.jpg

He should quit Marvel while he's at it

user, we need to know why all white males are racist/sexist from them. How else will we know?

>In a recent Formspring question and answer with fans, the frequently and refreshingly candid Marvel Executive VP Tom Brevoort answered several questions from fans about whether apathetic fans or angry fans were worse for sales of comic books, and his answer was unequivocal: When it comes to selling comics, it’s better to be hated than to be ignored.

>Brevoort explains in subsequent answers, although it may seem counterintuitive, “bad word of mouth has rare hurt sales on a comic. If anything, it makes more people interested.”

I guess people got too angry?

Fans got too angry.
Books got too shitty (and expensive and relaunchy)

>I'm going to flee social media in order to make myself less accessible to criticism

Literally kike flight

We interact with them and draw our own conclusions.

>2001+16
>Still using social media of any kind
Who the fuck does that anymore?

maybe when he relaunches his twitter in 8 months he should put out 50 variants of his first tweet

People so they say shit on twitter for (you)s until their tweets bite them in their ass

How fucking dare you?

Most people who aren't social shut-ins. Although the majority is still at Facebook.

>You can't be social without using social media
What happened to humanity?

>Tom Brevoort quits
YES
>Twitter
Well, that's fine too

Just because it's better to be mad than good doesn't mean you can ignore good entirely.

>Who the fuck does that anymore?

>All of humanity were just social shut-ins until the invention of forums and social media!
Are you retarded? Being highly active on social media is almost the antithesis of having a social life. The only time it's really warranted is if you have a company or studio or something and need to get the word out about updates.

I THOUGHT ANGRY READERS WERE GOOD TOM

I THOUGHT ANGRY READERS SOLD BOOKS TOM

I THOUGHT YOU LIKED THAT TOM

TOM

TOOOOOOOOM?

There are reports coming out that the more time spent on social media the more lonely and unhappy you feel

Pardon my ignorance, but who's this asshole?

The article says Marvel's VP but what has he done exactly that's pissed people off?

And yet the Facebook userbase has reached the 2 billions.

Humanity is at an evolutionary dead end.

He came up with the idea at Marvel that they should make comics that pissed off their readers, instead of, you know, GOOD comics.

Well that sounds like a great idea! How's it working ou--... oh.

And what are you, the pinnacle of human potential?

You're just a pot calling the kettle back.

WE DID IT REDDIT!!!!!1

>Shouldn't he be happy that people are angry at him since it means they are doing a good job?
Sure, but that doesn't mean he has to listen to them bitch. As long as the bucks keep coming he's okay with deleting a shitty app like twitter.

I mean, He's not entirely wrong, evolution is almost entirely predicated by environmental pressures that cause random mutations to become advantageous and spread via offspring, civilization has removed the most overt of those so at the very least it's slowed way down.

How about he just quits living?

image is bigger than I thought

The pot at least can admit it's black. The kettle, meanwhile, is drowning in soot, but keeps insisting that being clean and sliver is passé.

The effect civilization has on the psyche of humanity will be felt long before the evolutionary concerns become apparent.

I'm always reminded of the rat experiment that showed what happens when you have a population so comfortable and content so free of struggle. It's not pretty.