Anyone else reading this? If so, what are your thoughts on it so far...

Anyone else reading this? If so, what are your thoughts on it so far? I'm surprised Jennifer's only hulked out twice so far.

>Jennifer's only hulked out twice so far.
I don't read this and you just assured I never will. So thanks for the heads up I guess.

I really enjoyed the first two issues and just haven't gotten around to catching up

only read 2 or 3 issues i forgot how many but it was boring

It's really very boring and the pace isn't decompressed as there was no compression in the first place. Issue 7 has all the content of 7 pages in a normally written comic stretched out over 22. Shameful.

Didn't they basically take away the kind of fun and zany She-Hulk and give us Emo She-Hulk?

The first 3 issues were ok but I didn't care enough to continue after that

And apparently #5 or #6 was bad so kinda glad I didn't continue

It's slow.
I understand that some one sold the idea of making chulk the happy outrageous one and jen the troubled time bomb but neither one is being written well. She just mopes around and doubts herself and when she hulks out the payoff is never worth the build-up.
Just more evidence of everything wrong at Marvel.

Felt like a failed pitch for a Netflix Marvel show they decided to make into a comic.

Read the first few issues and realized it probably reads better in trade so I'm just waiting for that.

Something like that. It's more of a road to recovery deal, with the last two issues kind of giving the indication that she might be getting back to being like that. Though to be honest, it's a slow burn with all the covers teasing the possibility of her hulking out. Though I'm more of a Bryne-era fag for She-Hulk so I may be biased in what I want.
Shame the time she did hulk-out was hampered by art that made it seem too frenetic to understand.

Where's Steve Gerber and John Byrne when you need em?

Byrne is probably masturbating to a picture of a 11 year old girl and desperately trying to turn it into a new series.

>I'll call them the NeXt Men! And they get their powers from being born from underage rape victims! No, I did that already.... they're called the Just Us Legionaires and they're all immortals but stuck in prepubescent girl bodies and dying for some dicking from a mature, uncle figure.

It's got potential

The lawyer side of it works really well, even if it's not your typical cape adventure

The Hulk side has been the slow build and we'll have to wait on this story arc to see how that unfolds

It's better than Totally Awesome Chode

I just can't take YA tier prose and writing style seriously. I tried reading the book but writing style was too jarring for me to sit through.

I've only read the first arc so far, but the writing comes off as forced. Tamaki tries so hard to explore the realities of living with PTSD, but her writing is so dry, unsubtle and "tell, don't show" every attempt to make an emotional connection falls flat. I mean, the main antagonist is the embodiment of a PTSD victim's mindset and an apartment-dwelling Old One but it comes off as empty and dull on every level.

And yeah, I know it's petty, but her new look sucks. Every cover, every promotional artwork for the series shows Jen's new Hulk form as a brawny beast, but the actual artist of the book draws her as scrawny as fucking Half-Life. That's some false advertisement right there.

Got a dl for 7? I only have up to six. I enjoyed it a lot more as one sit down read than I did spread out as it was published.

I thought it was terrible. The entire first trade's worth had as much content as one single episode of the the old live action Hulk TV show, which is sort of the tone I'm guessing it was going for.

It's betting the entire farm on subtle dark emotions, but can't convey a damm thing right.

I think the author is the one who did a boring ass award winning story about girls in a beach shack? Well this shit was worse than that.

I might give it another chance, in 6 months or whatever in trade mode, see if the author's actually got a destination in mind that's worth going to.

All the things people liked about Jennifer are gone. She used to be this confident go-getter now she's been reduced to a snivelling, mousey little weakling. Just because her powers have changed she should still be the exact same person personality wise. She's no longer fun or sexy

It's boring. It's slow-paced. This shit reads like a damn low-tier slice of life manga.

The author just doesn't really seem to have a good mind of where to take this book either. But that's a problem with a majority of Marvel's ongoings as well. There's just seemingly no destination in sight. The books read more like a fucking longer paged newspaper comic.

This as well. Jennifer is not really She-Hulk anymore. She's just more like Bruce Banner actually. And that's not what many people like to see when they read She-Hulk stories. Her popularity was always that she was fun, absurd, and sexy all in one. Get rid of that, and basically make her female Bruce Banner? It's just not gonna work.

>People have never lived a day in the life of an attorney
"ZOMG SO BORING"
>People have never lived a day in the life of an attorney with PTSD
"ZOMG WHEN IS SHE GONNA BLOW AND RISK HER CAREER AND THE LIVES OF OTHERS"
>People don't like the slow rage and insecurities building up to a proper hulk out moment

This is what's wrong with these damn Ritalin children these days, no patience.

The attorney angle dealing with a landlord tenant case was absolutely spot on. There's the shit bird landlord and the impatient, mentally deranged tenant that the attorney can't help but sympathize with but at the same time question. It all flowed in such a believable manner while Jen is forcing herself to stay calm, professional, and respectful through her duties juggling clients and keeping her mental health intact.

But no, realistic stories about the day to day life of a Lawyer that could have a psychotic break isn't fast enough for most people here nowadays.
I miss 2008 Sup Forums

>It's got potential
No it doesn't. And Miles doesn't have potential either, for that matter.

>But no, realistic stories about the day to day life of a Lawyer that could have a psychotic break isn't fast enough for most people here nowadays.

Regardless that's more Murdock and Nelson's bag for playing that straight.

Jen would have that plus the caveat that its somehow tied into the life of a C or D list hero or villain.

Her shtick as a lawyer was dealing with the mundane problems of heroes they encounter outside of not being Avengers or Big Leagues.

I was being patient expecting a better payoff through the first 6 or 7 issues. It was so disappointing to me. I just dropped it.

That's great, but this is a She Hulk book. Go watch Ally McBeal somewhere else

Because fun is unrealistic

>She used to be this confident go-getter now she's been reduced to a sniveling, mousey...

This is how I know you don't read She-Hulk and never have. She's always mousey, reserved, and self conscious when she's Jennifer. She used her green form as a crutch for her low self esteem and literally hated who she was as plain jane Jennnifer Walters.

Didn't she overcome that, like numerous times?

Because she's not waking up from a poorly written shit show written by Bendis coma that can't be changed canonically, right?

Look, we can't ignore the fact that Civ War II happened, she was put into a hulk coma, and has lost her closet family member all in a short period of time.

and to focus on a little bit more:
Yeah, but here we're facing the inverse. She's now trying not to rely on the big green because not only is the form new, but she doesn't understand it or the new emotions of loss, PTSD, and the general lack of control she actually has in her life.

But yeah, let's ignore all that I wish we could, and have Dan Slott tier She Hulk back. But, even canon is event canon and we can't reasonably ignore it all...not without some resolution.

Unless we get lucky and they make a Series with her. Some Boston Legal action.

>let's do a hulk show but never really have her hulk out but if she does it's a couple brief times

Which is the worst way to have it. All Green all the time.