With Homecoming coming out on Friday...

With Homecoming coming out on Friday, I thought it's time for one last debate about the previous two Spider-Man film series.

Which Spider-Man film series was ultimately better?

I have an appreciation for both and both will at least be better than the dog shit that is Homecoming.

The first one is superior in every way. Even Spider-Man 3 holds up against the Amazing films.

Rami>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Webb

Andrew Garfield plays a better Spidey
Toby McGuire plays a better Peter

Amazing films are trash btw

As movies, the Raimi films were better.

Tobey was a good early, awkward Peter Parker that sadly never really developed beyond that characterization.

Garfield was a terrible Peter but was much better under the mask.

Really stretching te word "debate" here booooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I hated the web actually coming out of the wrists. If they going to do that the hole should be from his ass

How is this even a question?
You prefer something that was made a cash-grab with a gritty realistic tone that failed to emotionally connect with viewers, or a series directed by a guy who ACTUALLY loved comic books?

Spider-Man 2>Amazing Spider-Man>Spider-Man>Spider-Man 3>Amazing Spider-Man 2

>That's a nice outfit, gay homo!

Why is Raimi's Spider-Man so mean?

Obligatory post pointing out that young Peter Parker was never a soft-spoken austistic dweeb.

Garfield's portrayal of Peter before getting his powers certainly wasn't a perfect adaptation but people who pretend Tobey did a better job are retarded.

Raimi's movies are superior but I prefer Andrew Garfield's portrayal as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

/thread

Friday?

I'm watching this on Wednesday

Raimi went too far sometimes with the dialouge

rhino isn't a guy in a big dumb mech suit. that's all i have to say

< This. The Raimi series was better. It almost goes without saying.

Giamatti would have looked awful in a real Rhino suit

he was in Ultimate

fair enough. it was just stereotypical hollywood spicing shit up that i didn't care for.
dumb. i want my rhino suit that he never takes off and has no holes for using the restroom. totally not dumb ;)

Andrew Garfield was the better actor
Amazing had better action scenes
Raimi had less executive meddling fucking things up (3 being the obvious exception)
Amazing had the better female lead
Both had perfectly fine origins (milk memers pls go)
Both had good Bens and Mays
Amazing had the best suit
2 had the best villain

It was all a mixed bag, none of them were perfect or even close to it. My favorite was the first Amazing Spider-Man, although ASM2 had some of the best "Spider-Man moments" of the whole franchise in spite of the overall mess it ended up being. If the originals were your favorites that's cool but take off your nostalgia goggles and admit there were aspects of them that weren't so great.

Yeah and Rami's Spider-man didnt do rad tricks on his skateboard

the immediate turnabout in the beginning of ASM2 had me shouting at my tv screen "YOU JUST SAID YOU WOULD STAY AWAY WTF"

Not sure where brainy awkward geek got crossed with normal intelligence skater bro

The relationship stuff was one of the worst parts of ASM2, if they'd just left it alone for at least one film and let that plot sit on the back burner the pacing would've been helped so much.

It's really painful for me to rewatch ASM2 because the more I watch it the more I can see the shining bits of a good film hiding underneath all the garbage the studio piled on there.

No, when Raimi wanted to show Peter being "cool" he dressed him up like a high school emo and had him awkwardly thrust his hips are random women on the street.

yeah i getcha, i've only seen it once, fairly recently, and came out with a pretty good overall perspective. but the re-watches usually ruin most films unfortunately. combing the scenes for every feel to fill that nostalgia hole or whatnot. i loved gwen stacy but they just stumbled on that part. it really shows when you watch them back to back

Does anyone remember the weekend when the first Amazing Spider-man came out and Sup Forums was nothing but Spider-man storytimes? That was nice

>Amazing had the best suit

Except it didn't. It was a cheap-looking knockoff of the Raimi suit. The Raimi suit was obviously better designed and better made. The ASM2 suit was just a panic induced copout because the first ASM suit was so shitty and got such a negative reception.

But he's a awkward wallflower, of course he doesnt know how to be cool

wasnt here but soundsgoodman

It's okay to like shit user, but we don't want to hear about it.

If you have to ask then you seriously just shouldn't even watch movies

Why do people like the oversized, buggy eyes on the live action suits? They work in stylized 2d, but they look terrible in real life.

They should've remained friends and only gotten back together in the end of ASM2. Then Gwen dies and Peter is hit hard because it was a result of him foregoing his responsabilities.

i would probably like it more if they changed according to his mood like in the widely hated animated series.

Tobey was great Peter but a poor-ass Spidey.
Andrew was great Spidey but a poor-ass Peter.

Tom seems to had found the balance between the two identities.

Look, I quite like ASM1 and Garfield over Maguire, but it's quite simple math;

Raimi: Two enjoyable movies, one dogshit with kinda a conclusion
Webb: One enjoyable movie - for me, anyway, one dogshit disjointed movie without a conclusion

exactly. just like uncle ben. the distance created between the two would make her untimely death more meaningful and "outofnowhere" if you will. shyamalan style bitchezz

This.