"We will never forget you til the day we die"

>"We will never forget you til the day we die"

>lmao jk now most of us have probably been marty mcfly'd out of existence do to a radically altered timeline

Genndy why

DUDE AKU POWERS LMAO

>>lmao jk now most of us have probably been marty mcfly'd out of existence do to a radically altered timeline

They were fucking DEAD before that.

The song was foreshadowing.

I never got the issue here. It's literally in the show's opening that Jack seeks to undo the future. What did people expect?

It's not about fulfilling the initial quest, it's about the journey you went through with the quest as a plot setup.
The point is the people met, the places visited, and the obstacles overcome. Going back to the past literally undoes every single one of those and makes the whole show feel pointless.

Most people expected that the show would stick with the overarching theme of improving the future by assisting the people there, and moving on from the past(episode 6 was entirely dedicated to reinforcing this concept).

The nostalgia is always the highest before leaving your home

A future that he then spent 50 years in, changing potentially thousands of peoples lives for the better, showing that despite akus evil influence, good still very much exists in the world
A world that he somehow didnt seem to have any attachment to after spending more than twice as long there as he did in the past. I mean fuck he was like 25 when he was sent into the future? and most of his life in the past was spent being tossed from one country to the next learning how to fight.
But he was willing to abandon all of it to return to his childhood home he left when he was like 8

It defeats the entire point of nearly every episode over the first four seasons. Like, if he was just going to take the first chance to go back, why did he change his mind all those times he could've gone back to save people (i.e. the episode where he saved the two monks helping him instead of going back).

>Most people expected that the show would stick with the overarching theme of improving the future by assisting the people there, and moving on from the past

HahahahahahHahahHHahbHHHhHHahh

Most people knew that he was going to the past.

I didn't like one bit. Literally the second after they discover she has demon powers she opens a portal. Pacing much?

Going to the past nullifies everything that ever happened in the future, which is the world the audience is far more attached too.

The beginning episodes seemed to set-up that Jack is never going to the past, so he needs to stop feeling guilty over stuff he can't change and make a difference in the present.

By season 5, Jack doesn't even really belong in the past anymore. He's spent two-thirds of his life in the future. He's just as much a resident in it as anyone else.

Going back to the past is thematically unsatisfying. The ending comes across as childish even though it branded itself as being mature.

While I agree with you for the most part, he didn't choose to go back at the end, Ashi did.
Jack doesn't even fully comprehend it until they've been in the portal for a few minutes

it should be "Marty McFlew"

The "fly" isn't a verb, so it doesn't make sense to change it to past tense.

Stop making those threads retard.

>jack still gets sent into the future
>moments before future jack comes back and kills aku

where did
where did the first jack go, now that akus not gonna exist in the future?

Split timelines clearly arent a factor here, considering Ashi disappeared with no Aku to exist

Because, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

>>"We will never forget you til the day we die"

fogoten and fogiven. here celebration of jew and other ethnics murder in ukraine. on the picture you can see them watching video produced by CIA in a honor of neonazi Shuchevich.

I'm getting fucking sick of Samurai Jack

>for more than e decade now everyone knows jack has to go back to the past
>he eventually does
>people are mad

I still dont know why,and don't give me the
>reeee he killed all his friends

see

But where are the proofs?

>introduce character
>give them as much if not more screentime than jack for the final season
>character makes Jack happier than he has literally ever been
>going back to the past kills her off, thus pissing off people who liked her, and those who felt she was taking too much screentime(because now said screentime feels completely pointless now that she got retconned)

It doesn't nullify it for Jack though, it was his journey, his tale, and even at the end, when he goes back, kills aku and erases his nightmareish future, that journey didn't change for Jack, those experiences and memories didn't suddenly vanish, just like he remembers Ashi, he remembers all of them.

Are people using that British time travel movie logic where the MC goes back in time and ends up with a different child so he goes back in time to reverse it to get the same child he had before?

Probably shouldn't be holding that movie's logic to this show.

The way it seems to be implied to be is that it's a happy ending where everyone is still alive and they do remember Jack, just not for the same thing.

Also, that movie was as you Brits would call it "shite."

MMMMUUUHHH FFFIRRRSSTT THRRRRRREEEEEEEE EPISODUSES!!!!11

>The way it seems to be implied to be is that it's a happy ending where everyone is still alive and they do remember Jack, just not for the same thing
There is literally only one character of the future whose fate we see, and their fate is oblivion. So the implication is not good for the others.

>There is literally only one character of the future whose fate we see, and their fate is oblivion. So the implication is not good for the others.

Because her life was directly linked to Aku. She also directly states this.

So it's implied good for all except one.

But again the argument I'll probably hear again is "oh, sperm out of place for a sec makes different baby" on top of mismatch parents or parents not meeting ect. Even to disregard the latter two, that first one sounds exactly like from that movie I mentioned here .

Genndy chose to focus on the least interesting thing about the original series: Samurai Jack

Literally all they had to do was add a single scene at the end showing the future inhabitants existing happily in their new Aku-free future, and people would have been happy.

...what do you expect them to do? Have another make-out scene before opening a portal?

Ok fine but it just bothered me why people were upset about something that was inevitable to happen
But I guess nobody expected Gendy to bamboozle everyone in such a way

They shouldn't. Gendy even said something about the matter of how the show was going to end.

It didn't feel inevitable to alot of people by the time episode 10 rolled around.
I personally 100% thought he was going to get back based on the guardian episode, but after
>episode 6 put heavy emphasis on the good that can be done to help the future as well as returning jacks hope despite all portals being gone (side note; was also nostalgia bait to remind everyone of the characters they enjoy in the future)
>episode 7 had jack gain balance and state that killing Aku was his goal now(as opposed to getting back to the past)
>episode 8 gave Jack a reason to live and have happiness in the future
>episode 9 established that has accepted that the past is just a memory, and that he would rather die and fail his quest if it meant not having to hurt Ashi
I became convinced that he was going to kill aku in the future and stay to rebuild it in the image of the village he lived in as a child.

>its an ending people didn't know they wanted
>It's a fantastic ending
those are the key points he revealed about the ending, and neither of them turned out accurate.
(people who wanted Jack to go back knew exactly what they wanted from the beginning.)

It's subjective in that case and I thought the ending was fine enough.

From the beginning I probably wanted a movie that became prevalent on CN around the time the show was ending where he does manage to go to the past and destroy Aku. But, then later I was content that it didn't end and the ending is to be left to the imagination of the viewers. Which is why I think the Gaurdian episode should have been the final episode.

I was just meaning that no one was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. They either already wanted Jack to go back and undo the future, and were satisfied; or they didn't want him to go back, and were unpleasantly surprised.

Non existence is the best possible thing Jack could've done for them

Okay, I see what you're saying now.

What was the purpose of this scene?

The better question is: what was the deal with that Brak looking lady?

>scotsman
>cannot shut up about how much he loves his daughters and is proud of them
>offers any of them up to marry Jack
>keyword "MARRY", as in expecting them to have a future
He was not anticipating/preferring that Jack would go back and wipe them all from existence if it meant destroying Aku.

I think she was just wearing a straw hat

You just assume that he won't have his two dozen daughters born when time catches back up to him. Aku had no real control over how often the Scotsman plowed his wife.

This. Did they just fucking forget about that scene or what?

Evidence that he didn't ask for enough episodes

Fuck I actually can't argue against that.

To keep from tunnel-visioning into All-Ashi All the Time.
To remind us that Demongo exists. I saw the SJ cartoon back when it came out and I do not remember Demongo, maybe I missed that ep, whatever. The only time I ever saw him used in anything was in that Grim Tales comic. So there's nothing wrong with shoehorning him into "He just walks into a bar." At least it serves as showing that there's still weird magical stuff going on in New SJ.

You're right. It looks like one of the kage hats.

Well, kind of like these hats.

>Aku sends Jack into the future
>"Aku" sends Jack back to ten seconds after initial time travel
>They cancel each other out
>Also why Jack hasn't aged at all in 50 years

It's almost like an owl.

For me personally, too much suspension of disbelief is required to think that any familial line would be kept the same after millennia of worldwide events are drastically altered.
Especially since Ashi disappeared, showing that they are choosing to attempt the route of past-alteration having drastic consequences.

The answer is: don't think about it.

I searched this whole topic hoping someone would post the S Hand drawing. I'm disappointed.

>Ashi is literally the only reason Jack made it back to the past
>his actions cause her to succumb to nonexistence
>he still remains in the past instead of disappearing with her
It's really fucking dumb

This. autists gonna autism up in here

But with Ashi 1 half of what's needed for her creation is gone (Aku) as far as the Scotsman and his lineage are concerned the only thing that changes are the events leading up to his death. Aku being gone doesn't mean that he and his wife no longer have children.

>undo world war 2
>millions of people don't die
>however, millions of others don't go to and return from a war
>government doesn't pass GI bill of rights
>veterans don't start settling down in droves
>or they have different partners
>baby boom doesn't happen
That's a presumed effect in a single country of undoing 6 years of war. Imagine thousands of years of difference for events and technological advancement throughout the world.

Genddys a fucking hack and ill never forgive him for that shit ending

I'm not feeling spiteful, but I got hurt enough by it that I certainly won't support his future works out of a sense of self preservation.

Jack kept to his principles throughout the show, he's given dozens of opportunities to return only with the caveat it would come with the direct sacrifice of someone or something.
So he was honour bound to stay in those circumstances, it is important to remember Aku committed multiple genocides many times throughout his reign. Should nothing have been done to return then?

Oh shit I'm sorry

1) it's a cartoon
2) the whole plot about was about Jack going back
3) stop being autistic

I seriously don't understand people who thought the show was never going to undo the future that is Aku
it was in the fucking title
gotta get back, etc.
he got back!
all because Aku couldn't keep it in his pants. Hoist by his own petard.
any other ending would have been terrible

did you just not read the thread or what? It's been explained countless times.
also
>monty python and the holy grail
>the holy grail doesn't make a single appearance in the entire movie
>what a shit fucking film, they didn't conform 100% to the title

It's not the good that you do. It's that you do good.

Even if none of the battles happens. Even if all the stories are fiction. Even if all the hero's are ghosts.

Doing the good is what matters.

This. Going back makes every adventure where he refuses a portal/escape clause stupid.

Because Jack's a goody two-shoes who won't let people die for a portal that MIGHT take him back to the correct time to slay Aku. The Monk's were alive and fighting, Jack could and did save him.
The vast majority of the Army was just slaughtered by Aku and the final point, and Aishi herself dragged him into the portal.

It's more that neither of them gave any sign of knowledge of the consequences.
Which ends up rendering the "sacrifice" as meaningless because it wasn't a weighted and considered decision.

>disliking bad writing means you're autistic

He didn't choose to go back. Ashi forced his ass back. On top of that, 50 years have passed and Jack is just tired of it all.

>marty mcfly'd out of existence

Actually it's also been shpown in BttF that the same people still end up getting born, even with a radically altered timeline.

Look at the "Evil" 1985 where it's said that Marty was supposed to be in Switzerland and a cut scene that showed his brother Dave as a derelict on the streets and rich Biff bringing up the credit card debts of Marty's sister

TLDR: It's possible that all these people Jack meet still come into existence, just not the way we met them

Space immigrants everywhere, the entire system of government is based around a all powerful evil demon running the show and entire races of people who trained you are wipe from existence, yet people still managed to believe Jack would stay in the future.

He owes more to the past than he does to the future.

No matter how much you try to make it sound stupid, it's still the most reasonable opinion.

>where did the first jack go

>space immigrants
A lot of whom have become Jacks friends
>system of government
mostly run by non-aku individuals who could easily be convinced to change mandates if Aku is killed
>races of people wiped from existence
they are chilling in any of the canon afterlifes, one of which is confirmed to have Jacks parents looking proudly to him from.
>He owes more to the past than he does to the future.
He can respect the past through his actions in the present, but it was wrong thematically to sacrifice the existence of those currently alive to end with the childish and naive message of "if something is horrible, don't work to improve, just magically undo it lol."

>bad writing

Even before the ending episode, the season had really lackluster writing, but since it didn't seem to be leading to massive and horrific narrative consequences, it was easy to enjoy.
Once the final episode killed off the deuteragonist and retconned the entire show, the bad writing beforehand becomes retroactively less easy to stomach.
tl;dr bad writing doesn't become as much of a problem if it leads to a pleasant and happy ending.

>random fuck arrives in a peaceful future
>is made king for no fucking reason
I don't think so

>just turn off your brain bro

Him staying in the future would have been fucking awful.

>I made some friends in the future, so let's just forget the entire life I had in the past, my friends, family, mentors, people, and memories for babby's first life lesson. Wait, 1000 years of darkness and death and suffering? Ridiculous amounts of evil and corruption and destroyed places and things that I couldn't remove in a 100 years? Other bad people that would entrench themselves in places of power that I would have to crusade against? Established damaging practices like accepting criminal refugees that would take forever to remove entirely? I suppose I COULD go back to the past and just excise all of that from existence and set the entire fucking planet and maybe even others on a better path, but nah. I met some nice people so let's just like, move on and forget all that, man. You know, I really am doing the right thing by condemning literally millions of people to horrible fates so that a minority of nice people could keep on living in this evil and diseased world.

Even if Jack couldn't go back to the past and had to remain in the future, that would still be infuriating. There's some good in the future, but we're also consistently shown that the majority of it is incredibly fucked and evil, and that Jack's quest to return to the past to undo Aku is what is needed to fix things. That's what makes his quest so important, why it's the central focus of the show and why Jack's determination to carry it out despite his innumerable failures is so inspiring and the linchpin of his character. You would rather have some ending where he just accepts defeat and abandons it so that there can be some kind of theme of moving on that you think it so fucking deep and amazing? No, go big or go home. Stick with the theme that you don't fucking quit no matter how many times you fall flat on your face or how pointless it all seems, because that's Samurai Jack.

Your point is made completely moot by the fact that jack didn't choose to go back to the past.
In fact, he had already given up on the concept of going back.

My point is not moot. I didn't say that's what we got, but what we should have got. Season Five on the whole is a really big disappointment for me, let's just not bring it up.

Well considering most of the people who wanted him to stay in the future do so because they dislike how it was handled, your rant came across as in support of the ending.
My bad for the misunderstanding. Would you have been cool with multiverse?

A-ASHI I-I I LOOOOVE YOU

"Oh man he's gonna be in the next episode!"

AHAHHAHAHA. Like the Guardian right? RIGHT!?

>Would you have been cool with multiverse?
What, like two timelines? I suppose. It would probably be the best of both options. Jack completes his quest but the people in the future get to head into a new tomorrow with hope or whatever. Although ideally I would have liked some cartoony bullshit like showing the characters living better lives in the future, just showing a total disregard for the butterfly effect.

Dumb cheesy shit is okay when it's positive IMO. However in about 5 minutes it became not okay

>cartoony bullshit showing characters in better future, showing a total disregard for the butterfly effect
So far I'm in agreement completely
[Spoiler]what's Ashi's condition in your scenario?

It's okay, user. They were killed by Aku beforehand.

There was only ever one Jack in any one time period, so there's no paradox there. The Jack that was sent to the future is the same one that came back three seconds later.

I know you're fixating on the "But how can Jack get back to the past if Ashi never existed" angle, but you're overthinking it.

That felt like such a waste. At the very least, the flashback of Jack failing to get back to the past could have been him fighting the Guardian, maybe winning, and THEN Aku showing up and destroying the Guardian and his portal.

You don't have to make the Guardian the endgame, but you could at least give some kind of conclusion to it beyond "lol, it happened offscreen".

>For me personally, too much suspension of disbelief is required to think that any familial line

Lmao
You.are.retarded.

You are talking about a show where a sumo wrestler of 7 tons jumped in a samurai and he survived.

A show where Jack was dressed as a princess on a whacky city full of fairies and weird elephant things that could teleport.

A show with robot crocodiles that ride robot crocodiles.

A show where a character learned to jump hundred meters in the air because he was carrying big rocks.

A show that has whacky talking dogs based on Hannah Barbara characters since the third episode.

You are saying that THE MOST IDEALISTIC show on CN, wouldn't follow the most COMMON way to deal with time travel that is "everybody just has better lifes on the future"?

>if he was just going to take the first chance to go back
He didn't though. Ashi just portaled him as soon as she realized she could.
If Jack had time to think about it he probably would've ended up staying to help all the people waging war and getting killed, like all the other times he found a portal.

not the user you're asking, but my idea; Jack is in the forest mourning, but instead of ladybug symbolism, Ashi shows up through a portal "I know this must be very confusing, but there's no time to explain, the future needs you Jack!"
WA-CHA

The thing is, I can suspend said disbelief until the ridiculous cartoon logic suddenly decides to pick and choose when to have major consequences and kills off my favorite character in the season.

If ashi didn't disappear and made a comment about how she can "remember a different childhood with better parents, but still remembers her time with jack" then I can look past it for the sake of a cartoony happy ending. But since they chose to have "realistic" consequences and didn't specify the scope of them, the can of worms is opened and the assumptions are made.

>If ashi didn't disappear and made a comment about how she can "remember a different childhood with better parents, but still remembers her time with jack"

You are just being retarded mate.

EVEN of everybody has better lifes, Ashi would desapear because her DNA is 50% Aku.

Just imagine characters from Back to the Future in their place, with Aku as Biff.

You're right, he didn't make the choice, and neither of them are implied to have understood the consequences.
Which takes away all weight from the "sacrifice" of Ashi.
It's the difference between a character tackling another out of the way of a car, only to be hit and killed by said car, and a character getting hit/killed by a drunk driver on their wedding day.

Executing autists like you should be legal tbqh

also it would have been Marty McFlown

Does bullshit cartoon logic protect people from paradoxs or doesn't it? Because trillions of people being brought into the new timeline on a .0000000000000000000000001 chance that all of their ancestors meet after thousands of years are dramatically altered is just as unlikely to me as Ashi's mom giving birth to seven daughters under a different father.