Hopes? Dreams? Expectations?

Hopes? Dreams? Expectations?

Bane in a post credit scene

It flops and kills capeshit movies so the comics can go back to being good before being shutdown.

>"No shit Sherlock"

oh, and one hell of a body count. Or they could go bring back quicksilver to watch Wheedon hit orbital velocity purely on the propulsion of his own ass devastation.

That they somehow managed to make it coherent despite having so many characters.

My bream is a competent Thanos story. I expect it will be shit though.

I'm not even sure I care at this point

>Hopes: It, alongside Justice League Pt. 2 and Star Wars Episode 9 finally crash the Hollywood adaptation centric model, cutting Marvel from its lifestream and forcing Marvel to either improve its animated/comic output or risk being dissolved into Disney proper
>Dreams: Something truly wild and surreal that doesn't need the crutches of witty modernized dialogue and generic stock sci-fi settings to create something genuinely interesting and appealing
>Expectations: A slightly better than average MCU flick that is hailed as the second coming of christ for a few months before opinions lower, like every MCU film

>Thor and Hulk get back to Earth and it's up to them to get the team back together.

>No killing characters just for shock value.

>Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy and anyone else are mostly just cameos, not getting more screen-time than the actual Avengers, nor overshadowing them.

>Thanos revives past villains destroyed by the Infinity Gems, like Red Skull and Ronan, to use as unwilling henchmen.

>Plenty of time and focus spent on Wanda and Vision, both are alive by the end of part 2, with their own movie for MCU Phase 4.

>Loki to take the Mephisto role from Infinity Gauntlet.

>Part 1 to end with Thanos completing the Infinity Gauntlet, snapping his fingers and killing half the universe.

Farmer Thanos.

At most it would be Quicksilver coming back in a time of crisis for Scarlet Witch.

I want to see some Cosmic Entities and Lady Death

>Hopes: It, alongside Justice League Pt. 2 and Star Wars Episode 9
Not gonna happen, sadly. Pretty much every blockbuster that isn't capeshit or Star Wars makes peanuts and the bubble shows no sign of stopping, at least for right now.

> Wanda gets exactly pic related but with a large cape & cleavage.
> Wanda & Vision get a large portion of screen time.
> The Guardians & Spider-Man DO NOT.
> Thor & Vision have a mos scale & style fight with Thanos hand to hand.
> Thanos bitch slaps the hulk like in Infinity.
> Vision does not die.
> Thanos's skin is darker tinted then it was in Guardians.

>Marvel introducing Goddess of Death in Thor 3
>Thanos is suddenly in love with Hela in the comics for no reason
>still believing Lady Death will be in Infinity War and her role won't be taken over by Hela.

They need to do something about Thanos' voice. Put some kind of effects on that, make him sound more alien, and more threatening.

>Hopes? Dreams? Expectations?
No thanks.

Can someone please explain how they can turn the source material into a big blockbuster movie?

From what I can remember the comic series went like this:
Act 1 - Everyone any audience member would possibly cares about fucking dies
Act 2 - Bunch of stupid cosmic shit
Act 3 - Thanos is a massive retard and everything gets reset to normal

How would this make a good cape flick?

At the end of Part 1, Thanos should have all the gems. When he snaps his fingers, it goes straight to the credits.

Yep. It's really common sense to end part 1 with the finger snap, I'd be surprised if they don't.

Thanos murder bombing Vision for his Infinity Stone

They already confirmed Hela isnt doing that

This is hinted at pretty obviously in the featurette, it's happening

I hope that we get a villain that isn't one note and completely lacking depth. I hope for a plot that isn't joke based. I hope that the characters actually develop and stop being mere knockoffs of Tony Stark. Then I remember this is a marvel movie. This is gonna be just like every other movie in the Marvel universe.Nothin exceptional. Just plaine ordinary.

sorry. *plain*

>Hopes?

Manletman is shot with a cross-bow by an even smaller manlet while he's sitting on the pot brooding about the fact that no one respects a futurist in our modern MCU age

>Dreams?

Black Widow gets her thighs wrapped around Thanos, screen goes black, and the next scene is Peter throwing up inside his mask.

>Expectations?

None. As I don't intend to watch it.

good post

Mantis to beat the hulk with one touch

>ROCKET RACCOON: HEY, QUILL, LOOK! DANCE OFF, THANOS, ME AND YOU! QUIILL! ARE YOU WATCHING?
>THANOS: OH NO! I DROPPED THE COSMIC CUBE!
>IRON MAN: THAAANK YOU! *yoinks Cube*
>SPIDERMAN: NICE ONE, UNCLE TONY!
>BUCKY: RAWR! *"""dies""" in an obviously non-fatal heroic sacrifice*
>CAPTAIN AMERICA: BUCKYYYYYYY! *actually dies in heroic sacrifice (until mid-credits scene)*
>BUCKY: *alives* STEEEEVE!
>FALCON: *puts hand on Bucky's shoulderino* We wuz America n shit.
>BUCKY: THANK YOU BASED BLACK MAN! *they split the shield in two and each take a half, becoming the Captains America*
>THOR AND HULK: AND WE'RE HERE TOO!
>EVERY OTHER AVENGER: AYYYYYY!

>part 1 ending with thanos snapping his finger, killing half the universe

this

fpbp

It flops and kills Marvel.

>Can someone please explain how they can turn the source material into a big blockbuster movie?
Same way they did Civil War and Age of Ultron.... by not fucking doing it and doing their own story

The Age of Ultron event was fucking awesome... at the start. Then all the time travel bullshit ruined it. Had they saved that storyline and used it towards the end of their plans for the MCU and made it their Logan, that would have been pretty cool. That or Marvel Zombies, but that's a dream that I know will never happen.

*Heavily changing it and sticking with the story as an apocalyptic nightmare like the story began, foregoing said time travel bullshit, that is.

>Star Wars Episode 9
>an adaptation

>an above average MCU flick
>like every MCU film

w-what?

2.2 Billion

>None. As I don't intend to watch it.
Yeah you are gonna watch it 3 times user

go back to tumblr, bendis

>hopes
that they don't go too nuts with the fucking time travel and cool it with the jokes. Then again if civil war had to be zany I guess there's no hope for this one.
>dreams
Eternity and company show up, Loki is a mean bastard, Thanos gets his due being goddamn scary. Don't really mind if he's not that deep of a character so long as he stays menacing as fuck the whole time and they don't go all Meme-tron.
Maybe spidey tries getting mouthy and gets his head smashed like a grape.
>adam warlock shows up
>they undo that hulk/widow crap

>expectation
Movie's gonna cover the Avengers trying to hunt down the last gem to play some cosmic keep-away while Thanos gathers up the other ones. Vision, Strange and Cap are gonna get killed, they fuck up bad and end up losing the final gem...End scene, finger snap, 7.8/10, 2 billion, enough rustled jimmies to last til the second part.

>Thor and Hulk get back to Earth and it's up to them to get the team back together.
If the stinger of Dr Strange is after Ragnarok, it's most likely that's not gonna happen.
Seems more likely a Thor, Strange and Loki team up.

Hopes?
Thanos is full on threatening despot and uncomfortable to watch as a bad-guy. Lady Death rocks up. Iron Man is taken out brutally. We get all the cosmic stuff happen. Nebula reprises her role and ends up becoming the downfall after big poppa T gets too cocky.

Dreams?
Being a massive fan of both the event and Thanos, I just want a solid movie that builds on the threat that nothing can beat Thanos, except his own mental misgivings. Seeing that side of him brought out would be better. Also, CGI AWAY HIS PUPILS YOU FUCKS.

Expectations?
Loki taking Mephestos role (which I'm cool with), Death being replaced by Hela (meh though not seen her performance), Nebula not getting her zombification god-ness, the Guardians quipping shit relentlessly and taking away the seriousness. RDJ getting too much of a swan song for his goodbye, Bucky getting the shield.
Finally, I expect them to do a middle finger to DC with a "I brought some friends moments" with a massive character lineup of future heroes coming out of a portal causing a collective HOLY FUCK.

I'll forgive a lot if they include this.

>IW and JL part 2 both lead to the end of their respective CUs and the post credits scene for each turns into a two parter that resets the continuities into one single amalgam universe forcing the writers to finally come up with something original

Doesn't he get bitchslapped and neck broken in the next few panels?

Yeah.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Just Cameos
>In the films where they finally fight Thanos

Nah, Guardians are probably going to get a big supporting role. Especially given how fucking popular they are.

>> Vision does not die.

And how the hell do you expect that to happen when the very thing that gives him life is an infinity stone firmly lodged into his forehead?
If anything he's going to be one of the first to die. You think Thanos won't just rip that mind stone right out of Vision's forehead and slap it into his gauntlet, obliterating vision in the process?

Vision is a dead bot walking.

Vision losing the gem does not mean he has to die, nor stay dead even if he does appear to 'die'.

Of all the things that losing the gem could do to him, "he dies, and stays dead" is by far the least interesting.

I have a pretty good feeling it'll be quite good. There is no way Marvel would drop the ball on the biggest fucking film to come out in probably two decades.