Wonder Woman reached over 700 millions at box office

Well...that's fucking impressive.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-july-wonder-woman-is-officially-dceu-s-1498936802-htmlstory.html
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/marvel-kevin-feige-wonder-woman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DELETE

Wake me when it makes Deadpool money.

Eh. I pirated it. I lost it when they did a fucking L'oreal commercial between the trenches. I almost expected her to say "Because I'm worth it!" as she bashed aside that artillery shell.

It's always Deadpool with you people

Soon, buddy. Then you won't have the "b-but Deadpool!" excuse anymore. What's the next plan? That it hasn't made a billion?

Good show

IT WAS OUR TURN MARVELBROS
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

But its any good?

I like the Marvel movies a lot. I have no problem with having more good Superhero movies and it's about time Wonder Woman got a movie let alone a decent one.

Yeah kinda,good story, fun characters, comfy romance,mediocre villain, bad cgi in fights.

Typical capeshit 6.5/10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sup Forums would probably believe this

Decent chemistry between Diana and Steve, Gadot isn't as terrible as you would think, pants-on-head retarded story and ending.

4/10, on par with most MCU films.

kek what site is this?

>inflated by over 400 millions
>box office is 346

It's got a lot of heart, and that helps an immense amount. Reminds me of Thor/Ant-Man -- plot is a little basic, but it's got some great moments of larger-than-life-wonder and funny characters to keep the plot afloat.

THeymiscra is really dull, but once Chris Pine shows up he brings a lot of life to the film and it's never less than solid from then on, with a few notable 10/10 scenes. Definitely a 7/10.

By itself, 5-6/10
In comparison to the rest of the DCEU, 7.5-8/10
Critics are literally going "Give it a chance it's not like the others."

And here's the real article.
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-july-wonder-woman-is-officially-dceu-s-1498936802-htmlstory.html

Better than every Mousevel film so far. Whether or not it's actually good is, of course, up to interpretation.

they really believed in that

I thought it was long winded and boring, but every action sequence was great. Little preachy at time. They checked off ptsd, diversity points, and women's sufferage in a joke. Hell even had native americans. I liked nu-kirk and Gadot's parts a lot. Honestly, it's a romance story hidden as capshit. The target audience is definitely girls, and good for it. They deserve a hero. The villains were good.

It won't change your life, but you can do a lot worse in 2 hours.

Still havent seen it, but then I havent watch a movie since last year.

Is DCEU Wondy anything like DCAU Wondy? I dont mind Gadot much, but she comes off as way to mousey and shrimpy to play Diana, and that's one of the biggest reasons I havent made it a priority.

That, and Im not much of a movie guy these days anyway,

It was only better than Suicide Squad in terms of quality. Better than all the other MCU flicks though, by far.

>Marvel movies consistently get received better than DC movies
>DC finally gets a good movie
>"IT WAS OUR TURN"
DCfags, how do you even dress yourselves?

I miss hawkgirl being mainstream at JL cartoon times.

I got more emotion from it than most Marvel movies and it kept me invested all the way through. Not sure what I'd rate it, but I did enjoy it.

It's not a surprise the movie is successful. After all the Gurl Powah propaganda shit that's been made there is a healthy base of Emasculated Beta Loser Males who truthfully buy into the bullshit. I mean after all Star Wars Estrogen Awakens is MOAR successful than Unrealistically Competent Woman.

In the modern day there are too many beta faggot loser male simps. Try and make Wonder Woman back during the early days of cinema? Shit would have flopped. To make any film successful you need it to adhere to the culture and the current culture for decades has been Emasculate Western Males. So this is the fruit after all the labor that has gone into mentally castrating men and boys.

For Wonder Woman to be successful along with garbage like Star Wars Force Awakens you need to do the following in society/civilization:

- Feminize Acamedia.
- Media is Gynocentric filth along with politically correct
- Politics is all about getting the Female Vote and as such politics is all about pleasing women.

That's all it took to make Wonder Woman and other similar films a success. It's entirely artificial fluff. I truly wonder what will happen to Wonder Woman as a property once Western Civilization collapses? Interesting times. I mean could you imagine a beta cuck being told to eat shit and die if he goes to a network or studio pitching an idea for a show or movie about presenting women as everything they have never been? After Gynocentrism is exposed and brings about the ruination of Western Civilization, I can see such a scenario. Beta loser male simps being essentially blocked from ever having a say.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I think it's the best DCEU film we've gotten so far. Which isn't saying much.

>81 replies

That board is cancer

Marvelcucks will lie, steal and cheat to prove their brand loyalty.

>has wonder woman in the title
>main character is a female superhero who is powerful
>movie is released in 2017

Not surprised at those numbers, honestly.

>I pirated it
How is the pirated copy? Doesn't come out until the end of August here so may give the cam a go if it is good.

It's fucking sad if a DC A-Lister like Wonder Woman can't beat a once Marvel C-lister like Deadpool.

She comes off more arrogant and moronic if that's better.

XCU and DCEU have a non-aggression pact bruh

Yeah it's a good enough coming of age story.

I rewatched it today and saw the Justice League trailer for the first time, it hyped me the hell up for more WW.

Batman & Superman together (with a little bit of Wonder Woman) couldn't beat GOTG domestic box office, and GOTG 2 made more money both domestically and internationally. Even Suicide Squad almost matched BvS domestic run. I will never stop being amazed at how they completely fucked up that one.

Deadpool and WW actually have a lot in common in that they are famous characters with comic book reading people but had to prove they could succeed against the more family friendly MCU movies, and the multi-decade advantage in movies Bats and Supes had over WW.

So I loved both movies. The real enemy should be playing safe.

Impressive how many stupid people there are in the world who will gobble up whatever shit is shoved in their face without any kind of cognitive or critical thought whatsoever.

ho hum, still not 1B yet?

Also they're characters people really wanted to see in cinema, every couple of years we get a new Batman/spiderman/Superman while no one cares about thor or captain america.

Wonder Woman and Deadpool in the other hand are characters fans were BEGGING to see in the big screen for years.

BUTBUTBUT DCHADS ARE MISOGYNISTIC

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN REEEEEEEEEE

While I appreciate and even encourage open introspection, I don't think this is the place to do it. We are talking about the Wonder Woman movie here.

If you are being sarcastic then I understand and appreciate it, but in case if you're not, shut up.

Ah, but you see if she was a man it would've made a billion.

One negative thing I can see coming out of Wonder Woman I can think of is that Marvel is probably going to start to push Carol Danvers harder.

>probably
They already said wonder woman sucess was the absolute proof that Captain Marvel movie can work.

>Implying they aren't pushing her as hard as they can.

If WW failed, they would have even more reasons to push a Carol Danvers film. They would just change the discourse to claim they were doing things "right". But as WW is winning, they are playing the "we know it could work" card.

Come on, no one can possibly believe that.
We already know this. She got into MvCI and stole Jean Grey's moveset. She is the only superhero movie I hope to bomb. She may have been the one character that I was glad to see die in Death Battle.

kevin said that
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/marvel-kevin-feige-wonder-woman

It's funny how they made a movie people liked to watch, and so people watched. Good for them, hope this trend continues.

This made me wonder: do they even have any evidence or source to support or justify their efforts into pushing captain marvel? I mean, does normies have started to like her, or show any interest, or something?

What's necessary for them to accept "sorry, this isn't going to work"? Or am I missing something and suddenly captain marvel is the new hotness in town?

what other options they have?Wonder woman got a lot of money from female fans(50% of the movie public is female), Marvel want their share in that extra public that male heroes can't acess.

No idea. Maybe the digital sales of her stuff is good? Maybe the editor is just attracted to her. Maybe they just keep trying to roll that rock up a hill.

>console wars
Sad. Just, really sad.

You ever heard about the ghost cities in China that has hundreds if not thousands of buildings completely empty? I feel like Marvel is doing the character equivalent of that. Just make shit for a demographic that either doesn't exist or is incredibly small compared to what they want. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone excited about her.

I remember my sister brought her up to my mom and she thought she was talking about Billy Batson.

That's quite a thing that your mom knew Billy Batson.

Theres an hd version already up.

She grew up with 70's Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Lou Ferrigno Hulk. I know my dad loved the Hulk.

>I feel like Marvel is doing the character equivalent of that.

>
Well, it looks like it isn't working at all.

everyone loves the hulk, he's a simple and pure creature that love smashing

>Upset that movies with female leads are successful
>Other people are beta males

k

I watched it last night, really enjoyed it. Even the CGI shitfest ending was saved by Steve's sacrifice.

Old people know the OG Captain Marvel. My dad used to watch the serials. He surely knows more about him than The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman or any Marvel character, including Spider-Man.

Yes, user. Everyone else has shit taste and not you.

None of the MCU hero debuts beat it either and Wondy beat all of them

That's like $1 billion in man dollars, wow!

Fair enough. Thought he was a slightly more obscure character, but seems I'm wrong.

>and GOTG 2 made more money both domestically and internationally

wrong

Marvel cannot get people to buy her comics no matter how many books they shove her in. - I don't see why anyone is going to go see her movie. Even Feige doesn't have much faith, he hired a male/female directing duo so they can blame the man if it's bad, and had to bring Sam Jackson back so people might go watch it.

Thank God for that or Homecoming would bomb

>I mean, does normies have started to like her,

Normies have no idea who she is. Remember when Brie was cast and there were articles saying "SHAZAM : MCU has it's Captain Marvel!" ?

They would be better off doing something with Scarlet Witch

There is no Wonder Woman equivalent in Marvel, even if they had the rights to every character. They should have just made a Black Widow movie while people were clamoring for it instead of trying to force some D-lister no one cares about into being their 'Wonder Woman' when it's never going to happen.

>I remember my sister brought her up to my mom and she thought she was talking about Billy Batson.

>your mom is hotter than your sister
Funny. Also, is your mom single? Post her feet.

>a Black Widow movie
No one would see it as a superhero movie.

Marvel didn't invest in solo female heroes sooner and got fucked, all their female heroes are sidekicks, even Carol lives in the shadow of a Mar-Vell

>Medusa lives in the shadow of her king husband
>Ms. Marvel lives in the shadow of Captain Marvel and previous teen reboot king Spider-Man

My bad, it's 20 million behind worldwide but it did beat it in domestic box office, and will probably end within 10 mil behind, if it doesn't reach it. And this is fucking GOTG vs. Batman & Superman together for the first time.

Is there a single solo female superhero in Marvel that doesn't live in the shadow of someone?

I think he was even more popular than Superman at some point, until DC fucked Fawcett over.

but WB spent 200 million on tickets.

And GOTG2 was a good movie which was also a sequel to a good movie while BvS was bad. Had BvS been even passable it would have made a billion

Squirrel girl.

Yeah, they're fucked.

Yeah, that was my point. No A-lister can completely save a shit movie, but a C-lister can have a hit if the movie is good enough.

>Scarlet Witch's most famous stories are going crazy over magical abortions and recurring daddy issues with Magneto

AMERICA CHAVEZ LIVES IN NO-ONES SHADOW!
NEED SOME VIVAPORU?!?!?

It was actually pretty spot on for a mass appeal movie. It even avoided the sjw touch. That one moment where she is excited about the baby set it free for me. Also she's still skinny as fuck but she's got on screen chemistry.

>Hell even had native americans
They had native americans in World War 1.

There weren't a ton of them in comparison to others, but there was still like 100k enlisted. They didn't just randomly insert a native into the war.

They were pretty good at encoding messages. Many Germans could speak English and could understand intercepted Allied messages, but Choctaw was unknown to them.

I saw BvS at a free screening and was sicking to my stomach as a DC fan. How the fuck can you fuck up these iconic characters so badly? This was worse than Batman & Robin. I'd waited ages for these two heroes to be on screen together. And THIS is what we got?

Though the Native American in this one was a merc making money on the front lines.

Don't even tell me about it. I went to see it with my nephew, who is a total Batfag and DC fan overall, and the look on his face when we walked out of the theater was fucking heartbreaking.
It was great to see him walk out of WW so happy after that.

Demigods can do what they like.

I liked his dialogue with Diana when the others were sleeping. This movie was pretty damn good at outlining characters while avoiding expository dialogue/monologues. The only thing that was a shame is how obviously cut the sniper's arc got. He deserved to have a payoff.

Patty Jenkins said nothing got cut from the movie.

Nah, it's more about fucking Snyder, I went to see it just because Snyder didn't directed it.
Seriously, fuck Snyder, at this point I think even Kevin smith would direct DCU movies better.

I think the point was that people suffer ptsd

The Miller Batfag in me was relieved when floating up from cave by bats turned out to be just a dream, and satisfied with Batman ruining a warehouse of bad guys.

The barely there Supesfag in me that didn't watch MoS thought it was jarring his first appearance of in BvS was flying a guy into wall sandwich

The DBZfag in me loved the Doomsday fight.

The WW hater in me started to turn around with BvS and went full circle with WW.

All in all okay money spent, let's try some more.

He probably would. His Flash/Supergirl episodes were good and he grew up reading DC comics. I wouldn't be mad if they let him direct a Green Arrow movie or something.

Well, it probably got cut before and never made it into the shooting script, but you can tell they were setting something up and it never payed off.