Why doesn't Steven Universe have any world building of the human aspects in the show?

Why doesn't Steven Universe have any world building of the human aspects in the show?

That's definitely one of the series' greatest detriments. There's nothing that shows how Earth was affected by the war to any great extent, and it's honestly really aggravating.

Because they don't feel like exploring that?
Look, I mean, whatever, SU suck, but even I'm not as anal to not understand that the show is focused in character relationship building over world building. since the beginning is not that type of history.

Dude. What did SU do to you that is causing you to make this same post nearly daily?

It triggered him.

What happened to Russia?

>The show is told from the prospective of Steven

As much as I would want muh lore, this is the show's "excuse"

What I hope happens to Russia IRL

Putin is desperate for a warm water port, so he flooded the wastelands in the middle.

In our world he is trying a similar thing by pushing that global warming is a hoax.

the show is supposed to be "anti-escapist", so mostly "the real world" unless the writers explicitly write in a contradiction

so the assumption is that, despite a radically altered history, just enough went right that it ended up just like real life

the blase attitudes of everyone regarding the weird is a stylistic choice to underscore the mundane atmosphere rather than willful ignorance

having a significantly different world culture or having everyone scream every time the gems showed up, or having cops question their every action would get tiresome and undermine the "normal-ish"vibe they were going for

I love how Eurocentric a tumblrina show is, with all continents outside of North America and Europe being deformed.

Sugar realized the world would be a lot better off without Siberia. A LOT better off.

>anti-escapist
Doesn't that just mean comfy?

I don't know about you, but last time I cheeked Florida was still attached to NA
Also reading too much into it.

Not if Comerade Trump has anything to say about it.

How many times have you made this thread in the last week?

None of the humans in the setting give a fuck, it's been there since before they were born and it will be there long after they die. It is literally ancient history to them that is so ancient it isn't even history anymore, it is simple just a normal part of the scenery.

The gem wars happened over 6,000 years ago. It was not an over night change, the world they inhabit was never like ours. It is all a big fat non-issue to all the humans in the setting, it would be like you looking at the sun or the moon and going "wait a fucking minute, was that always there?"

There's probably humans who make careers out of studying this shit, but they're not the focus and this shit is literally littering every other square mile on their Earth and has been since time immemorial by the inhabitants.

You look at the world as is and don't end up thinking "hey, what if the big fucking meteorite didn't fuck up Mexico fucking eons ago?"

That's just how their world is, and has always been.

>Islas Malvinas

Triggered?

Did someone say 'warm water port'?

I like how Russia has been nuked to kingdom come, but Saudi Arabia and Iran are still whole. Really makes you think...

You only nuke real threats.

Be careful what you wish for with those numbers.

Aren't the two just as homophobic and intolerant as Russia at least from a LGBTQ perspective?

At least the borders sort of make sense.

>Kurwa

Every time.

The idea that Russia is nuked because it is homophobic was created by fans looking for some kind of meaning.

No one considers that the area of the sea is also near where the Tunguska event occurred on our Earth.

It's just more Sup Forums bullshit pushing an anti-SJW narrative with their own rhetoric

>unified korea

I'm gonna take you to Swallow City.

Because Sugar is an awkward introvert and is channeling her inner neurosis to keep the environment sterile and safely remote from muddy realism.

Which I guess isn't fair to all the awkward introverts of the past who were able to channel their inner neurosis to create great literature of paramount realism (like Dostoevsky), but, hey, she's just a cartoon writer on social media, what kind of ambition and insight do you expect her to have?

>Also reading too much into it.
That's pretty much what they do. They think that crying "hypocrisy" is an automatic win for their side, so they're always on the look for it, which makes them hyper-sensitive to anything that resembles racism, sexism, homophobia, or anything else they consider a social justice issue. Not because they care about them, but because they like attacking people who do.

>No one considers that the area of the sea is also near where the Tunguska event occurred on our Earth
That makes a lot more sense, but I don't think it's even thought out that much. I bet it doesn't have any reasoning.

Maybe because Florida doesn't exist

Daily reminder that Steven gets enslaved in the next season.

Maybe it's like Warhammer?
>Gems are the Slann-choosing to mostly concentrate in North and South America after their terraforming project went tits up. Powerful gems commanding masses of mindless gem creatures.
>Central Europe has united into the Empire of Man. Having emerged from the ashes of the Aryan Empire and making war on the gems. Militaristic out of necessity and fucking love Wotan (though popular sub cults dedicated to Donar and Drakul are popular in Nordland and Sylvania). Thirty Years War asethetic and badass muskets.
>Sumerians are Chaos Dwarves. Having turned to the worship of dark gods to survive both the Gems and the Aryans. Now they enslave everybody and have rather badass steampunk robots and cannons and shit.
>Ogres are Ogres. OY WHAT IN TH' HELL ARE YE DOIN' IN ME SWAMP. Able to use onions to beef up attacks and shit.
>Scotsmen live next door to Ogres. No, it's THEIR swamp. Celtic magic and yo.
>Aku is joint Chaos and the Skaven. Conquering Asia with no mongols to stop him, he's the arch enemy of the gems and seeks to rule over the world. He swarms over his enemies with masses of chinamen.
>Bretonnians are Frenchies.
>Swiss are Dwarves due to evolving into a subterranean sub species thanks to the gems. Badass armies, but neutral in everything.
>Elves are the inspiration for the Fair Folk and blame the Gems for fucking them over. Really weird, elite units.
>Firmir are blacks due to their similar reproductive cycles.
>All the while, cults dedicated to Nurgal, the laughing God, and the Reaper are spreading like wildfire.

Oh, and
>Russia is the Imperium. United under the legendary Putin Ragnarok who reigns as it's God Tzar, the slavs are the shield of Europe from savage mutant kebabs and chinamen who swarm over the Eurasian steppe. No matter how many kebabs march over the hill, no matter how many blacks try to migrate into Europe, the sons of Russ stand strong and drive them back. Again and again in the name of Perun, with the holy accordions playing as kebabs flee in terror.

Tunguska.