Name a Sup Forums artist who can age characters better than Akira Toriyama

Name a Sup Forums artist who can age characters better than Akira Toriyama.

You can't.

Goku and Vegeta don't look that much different. It's more noticable in Vegeta dad scenes and especially Vegeta in GT

Most Sup Forums characters don't age though

Why would you use screnshots from Dragon Ball Super, where half the characters have been de-aged partially due to the simplified art and design style, partly due to the low quality art?

they might be aged up but Goku was better when he looked like a shota with that face

Jaime Hernandez

Nigga are you serious? Goku and Vegeta are the best examples of Toriyama's realistic subtle aging. As they get older their features become more defined and they pack on more muscle.

DB and early DBZ had a much more western/Disney influence on its artstyle I feel which is why Goku has a face like that

Super's art style doesn't have that seem warm or creative feeling that original did, designs are still god per usual with DB but it's not as good

I preferred Goku's slimmer less defined frame that was still obviously muscular.

>Super is transitioning to slimmer 'otter mode' builds
>Keeping the same level of hyperdefinition so they look like beef jerky now

Christ.

I went to school with a guy called that.
Yeah, probably not so strange but it still weirds me out to read it here.

Meant for

>designs are still god per usual

I disagree, most designs in Super have been awful, this tournament of power especially is chock-full of trash designs.

reminder that Z ruined the Dragonball series forever

But have you seen all the new waifu bait?

Why don't the Japs give a fuck about Cell but will go apecrap over Evil Goku?

Super is trash in general

Pretty bottom-of-the-barrel waifu stuff compared to Z-age waifus. Hell, even GT blows them out of the water.

Boy did it. Goku is no longer the monkey king and it sucks.

They explain in universe why Goku and Vegeta look the same. Saiyans retain their youth in order to be fit for combat. Same thing with Piccolo, except that Namekians age at a very slow rate (Mori had to have been at least over 100 years old).

Those others gods are terrible I will agree but I really do like the designs of characters like Champa, Togoma and some new costume designs.

I am not saying all Super designs are bad, there's some good ones. But most of them are some awful stuff.

I like how subtle the aging is. Goku doesn't look too different but you can clearly which one is older.

Go back to Sup Forums, shitposterino.

This is way easier to tell in DBZ versus in Super.

>Using anime screencaps

Toriyama is great at showcasing subtle aging of characters, but the anime is incredibly terrible on that. Goten and Trunks haven't aged a day, despite the fact they should be teen Gohan's age at the least now.

Reminder that Akira Toriyama didn't draw the anime and characters look different episode to episode because of different artists.

Gohan aged the same way.

Yeah I don't think it will pull of the extremely memorable or well known designs of DB and DBZ but there are some good ones

Trunks in the show now is the same age as trunks was in this.

And he still looks 8.

They still follow the same general model of his designs.

>Goten and Trunks haven't aged a day, despite the fact they should be teen Gohan's age at the least now.

Probably a branding thing. Goten and Trunks with their iconic designs will sell more toys than revamped designs of them. It sucks but it's business.

The anime is inconsistent as hell. The manga's artwork is god tier by comparison. And Toriyama was great simulating subtle aging of his characters.

They try to, but there a lot of inconsistencies and off-model drawings in the anime. Important things like the hair, eyes, muscle size etc...

But my real gripe is OP using images from the anime to demonstrate Toriyama's drawing skill.

So then how old are they?
How much have they aged?

Which is incredibly dumb, since they had no issue redesigning Future Trunks, or when the original manga/anime, when Gohan was getting redesigned every new arc.

I agree, the manga art is phenomenal especially the action sequences. But it does take a noticeable dive after the Frieza saga and things like which shape Goku's eyes are supposed to be change randomly later on.

It's a shame that he's less than half the artist he used to be now. Comparing the round Dr. Slump/early Dragon Ball and angular Dragon Ball styles to something like Jaco the Galactic Patrolman it's hard to believe it was drawn by the same guy.

Young Goku in OP's pic is 20. Super Goku is 40s.
Young Vegeta is 30. Super Vegeta is late 40s.

Gohan is more important

>adds minimal detail to near-featureless japshit style after almost 3 fucking decades
>muh master of subtlety

Can't name a Sup Forums artist who consistently ages their characters at all, though. So you win, I guess.