Can the WWE have a serious cartoon?

other than the whole "appeal to the most number of people" approach (keep it "for all audiences"), what other factors prevent the WWE from making a serious cartoon (make it too serious and sponsors will pull their support from the main product)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmq7RZOdCmY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>what other factors prevent the WWE from making a serious cartoon
they've yet to make any serious content at all.

>WWE
>serious
ishiggydiggydoowhereareyouwevegotsomeshiggtodiggnow

yeah, they've been in that position as early as 1985

was thinking stuff like undertaker-kane-paul bearer's collective history can be done in the animated movie format.

One would imagine the constant plot and alliance shifts would be rather difficult to maintain.

Look at this. How many of these guys were heels by the time it came on?

They're already a live action cartoon. If anything, animation might allow them to go trough with shit they don't have the budget to set up IRL. Or to bring back famous wrestlers who can't wrestle worth shit anymore IRL. Like they can have the Hulk wrestle Cena without it looking absolutely pathetic. Or them wrestling in locations they could never get. And female wrestling can actually be made to look good. Because let's be honest: women can't wrestly worth shit, not enough upper body strength for the stunts.

These responses confuse me.

>WWE isn't real

WHOA HOLY SHIT, it's still a form of written entertainment. It's like saying "I want to see a serious Superman comic" and some nerds going "Uhhhh pffffft what a retard you know Superman is a flying strong man who shoots lasers right? It's impossible to make a 'serious' Superman anything pfffffffff"

>WWE
>"""""""""""SERIOUS"""""""""

Im going to miss this show so much

Animation takes too long. Look at the Flintstones movie, CM Punk was the main antagonist in it, but had been let go by the time the movie came out. Then with the second Scooby one Dusty Rhodes was in it, but it came out a year after he died.

While it's usually not serious, check out Kinnikuman if you want a GOAT series based on wrestling

>We'll never get a WWE Boku no Hero Academia with Hulk Hogan as All Might
>There will never be a Universal Survivor Arc where the WWE champions face aliens for the survival of the universe
>There will never be a scene where the Undertaker uses his final ripple
>There will never be the moment where John Cena and Dwayne Johnson uses Potara to become Cenock and mutter "You can't see what the Cenock is cooking"
>There will never be a moment where AJ Lee discovers being a wrestling girl was an inside job by incubators to make energy for themselves

i know. hence the suggestion to animate stuff like the undertaker's backstory/history.

time is pretty much set so they can work it without it being dated and would be a treat for the fans who can still somehow call out the exact events in canon.

seen the ultimate muscle version. hilarious and awesome.

how they manage to cram what it took naoto and takuma several episodes (come up with a killer move, make friends) to do in just one episode for haruna is amazing.

all of them

>aliens are here to harvest humanity for food
>GATTAI!
>"You can't cook me..."

I feel old as fuck now and I'm only 35

>seen the ultimate muscle version. hilarious and awesome

I can promise you that the original, and the new revival arc are even better

WWE is basically a live action cartoon M8.

>Rey Mysterio Jr and Rey Mysterio Sr will never do the Father-Son signature move to defeat Ultimate Warrior
>Asuka will never have her father freeze himself and be forced to become a space wrestler
>We'll never see Brock Lesnar do the Hundred Cracked Fists on Sincara whom has a thing about forcing people to say his name.
>We'll never see CM Punk sacrifice his friends on the Eclipse to the God Hand so he can become a "UFC Fighter"

I think they mean there are no serious story lines in wrestling. The wrestlers overact and cheese up already over the top rivalries and story arcs.

Unless you want a behind the scenes cartoon that deals with steroid abuse, unproperly cared for injuries, alcoholism and womanizing.

because wrestiling is boring as fuck to write and it needs decent to good subplots to make people interested on it and it will need to go higher than All-ages bs.
it needs to go KING OF THE WILD
>tfw i hate wrestling irl but I like it in anime and games
if only Toei wasn't a bunch of cheap motherfuckers...
youtube.com/watch?v=hmq7RZOdCmY

mike gets prime ED space

almost does nothing except save naoto from a jealous kevin.

>Tiger

guess we know who the ultimate tiger really is

They meant to say that WWE "NEVER" had serious stories

Life sports aren't meant to have stories

>WWE
>serious
no

no one said shit about it being "real" or not, it's just retarded and always has been. it's like asking if soap operas can be serious. of course not their entire defining feature is the complete and total lack of anything that could ever be taken seriously.

animated adaptation of the katie vick saga when vince?

I read a trap hentai that looked almost exactly like this.

>There will never be a scene where the Undertaker uses his final ripple
>Implying Taker wouldn't put on the stone mask

I'd watch the hell out of a "WWE Mutants" special.

GIVE UP!?

that ending its the hypest shit

From the previous trials, I don't think it works well.

They already have models made for video games. Maybe this isn't such a crazy idea after all. I think one obstacle is the delay. Shit in WWE gets changed month to month based on fan response.

fug, I need to start watching WWE again. Do you know what's a good place to pirate it?

So how is Japanese wrestling anyway compared to WWE?

In New Japan Tag matches are clusterfucks without any coherence. Everybody has to gets their cool moves in with little to no attention to the drama or coherence. The Young Bucks matches are the perfect example of this, in the sense that they are "self aware" of the tropes of prowrestling, so they make fun of them.

I prefer WWE in that regard. They don't have to break the inmersion to deliver a good story, and guys like The Revival or The Usos are the best example of that.

In New Japan, 1 on 1 matches are more "competitive" and serious (even if they have spots in every match were the wrestlers just trade chops, slaps or forearms like a tough guy contest). And the story is usually told better. The style is more physical, so it requires a greater pain threshold and more atleticism. Talents like Kenny Omega or Tetsuya Naito are crazily creative with the offense, but still work within the boundaries of the match. The characters are not looking to pander to the public or show off, but to actually win the match/beat the shit out of the opponent.

WWE is way more simple and, since they have to work so many dates, safe. The wrestlers are kinda like Pokemons, with 4 or 5 signature moves to hype the crowd, even if sometimes deviate from that if the story calls for it. Roman Reigns is a good example of that WWE style. That doesn't mean the stories can be exciting or compelling.

xtremewrestlingtorrents

The only weekly program worth watching in my opinion is NXT. The WWE PPVs are usually a hit or a miss.

With that being said, they have done a good job with this rivalry, and I can't wait to see what they have in their pockets for the actual match.

thanks for the info

Japanese wrestling is pretty damn great. There's something for everybody, especially if you don't particularly care for New Japan. If you like character driven, long term stories, fast paced wrestling & great tag matches, there's Dragon Gate. If you want a more traditional wrestling product, there's All Japan. If you love huge beefy men hitting the shit out of each other or deathmatches, there's Big Japan. Or if you're a fan of comedy, you have DDT. The puro scene is very diverse & has a wide array of talent.

Meant to add: On the DDT part, they do comedy better than most promotions today. They've done street fights inside an empty Tokyo Dome, battle royales on a train, & they have one of the best gimmicks in wrestling today with their DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship. Think the old 24/7 Hardcore Title with its ridiculousness cranked up to 11. The belt has been held by a ladder, a poster, a sex doll (multiple times) & the 1000th champion was the belt itself.

S-Sauce?

>There will never be a series finale where the Rock People's Elbows POTUS Golden Vince McMahon from their WWE Watchtower orbiting the Earth.

these are the chaos! comics right? how are they?

Will we ever have a series about Naoto and Takuma comfy fighting strange wrestler all over the word without Tiger Den sheningans?

what would the theme song be for the theme song power up bonus?

realistically?

that's... really sad.

that and their tiger's den training gives them an edge over regular wrestlers that non-TD wrestlers suddenly giving them trouble makes TD weak.

Tiger's Den is like Shocker, they never stay gone for long. They WILL be back.

they're probably still there (new mr. no) but with reduced capabilities

bring in tiger the great the fourth {/spoiler] for extra pottery (going after both tigers)

I mean, not to say you can't have serious themes or anything with Superman, but you're never going to have anything SERIOUS with it, strictly because Superman is who he is. You can't really take a conflict seriously when the hero can knock his block off with a single punch, or just pull up stakes and travel across the universe to Apokolips and spend the rest of his days beating the shit out of Darkseid the moment he pops his head out. That's why everybody thinks Batman is a really serious series, because the only power he has is his immense fortune, both financially and luckwise.

can they release this type of show now with the modern roster?

Wrestling literally killed one of top 10 boards in quality.
I hope it dies suffering.

NXT could, but WWE has a problem. It's name is Vince.

>NXT
>worth watching
lol

>Raw
Vince will fuck it up

I thought it was the autistic tumbler fans that will never be pleased with what ever you do.

WWE already is a live action cartoon/live action sports anime. There's no point. If you want WWE itself to get more serious then, as much as I know this is a hackneyed thing of me to say, they have to go back to being more like they were in the Ruthless Aggression/Attitude Era. I haven't watched WWE consistently in slightly over a year though so I don't even know how it's going, all I remember was watching an episode of Smackdown in January or February and noticing that they were in a smaller arena than usual.

;_;

kinda. i'm talking more about their cartoon properties that most fans think are too childish (movies and camp wwe, before it was cancelled).

was thinking more of they can mine kayfabe characters histories and stuff and animate it.

meng/haku stories alone can be a good action (or horror) if you think about it.

andre the giant flipping over a car full of drunk guys sounds awesome in animation (depending on the studio).

I take it you've never seen their behind the scenes stuff? The WWE 24 series is great.

fpbp