We all agree that 2007 was the real, "concrete" downhill slide for Cartoon Network right...

We all agree that 2007 was the real, "concrete" downhill slide for Cartoon Network right? 2006 was a mediocre year for them, but I believe 2007 is when it was *blatantly* headed downhill.

After the Boston bomb scare incident in February 07, Jim Samples resigned and Stuart Snyder took over as president. Under his watch,
-CN City ended in June 07
-The beloved Fridays block ended in Feb 07 and was replaced with the poor Fried Dynamite
-The shitty version of Toonami began (the one with soccerball-faced TOM as the mascot) in March 2007
-The seeds of CN Real were planted in Sept 07 with the show Out of Jimmy's Head
-Network began showing shit reruns like Johnny Test, 6teen, Total drama island, and George of the Jungle

It's been really interesting seeing the sliding window. I remember not too many years ago when that time frame was considered well past the CAN prime.

Shows like Jimmy Neutron and others from that era were considered mediocre to bad. Now I see people talk about them highly.

Nothing wrong with it, but keep an eye out for it. You'll probably be able to see it too in a few years when new kids start coming in.

2007 was a mistake, but imo CN recovered afterwards. You got god tier shows like Chowder and Flapjack, Total Drama turned out to be decent in the end, Symbionic Titan and Robotomy were fantastic before they got canned, and Adventure Time, Regular Show, and even Steven Universe all showed the promise of a strong new, bolder direction for the channel. And then after that we got a fucking Toonami revival out of the fucking blue.

Then all their shows either stagnated or got cancelled, and well now TTG airs 60 times a day, and it seems like the miracle wore off.

What does "CAN" stand for?

I meant to write CN, but added an A for some reason. I'm somewhat drunk right now so things are iffy.

Though, it's really more general. Not CN specific. Nickelodeon and Disney and whatever have similar sliding windows.

Years ago, around 2005, most people said CN, Nick and Disney went to shit around 1998-99. Then that cutoff changed to 2004 around 2012. Then recently it changed to 2006-2007.

Jimmy Neutron is just memed on here due to nostalgia and 3D animation that has aged like milk. I don't think I've ever witnessed Sup Forumsmrades actually praising the show.

Yep. I'm old as shit, so I've seen it happen a few times now. It's just kind of how things work, I think.

I've wondered, did 80sfags used to think Nick died in 1991 when they started making the Nicktoons which had crass, satirical humor? Before then, it seems Nick mostly showed "gentle" and "kind" educational shows.

2007 was a downhill slide for nearly everything. To me 2006 was the last real standalone year. Everything from 2007-now is just a blur.

Not an unpopular opinion. 2007 is widely considered the year where everything went to shit on this site.

Mainstreaming of social media
PRISM Internet-spying program begins
The Big bang theory premieres, popularizing "geek culture"
Tumblr founded
Michael Bay's transformers
iPhones is released, allowing idiots easy access to the Internet
The Cake is a Lie
Keep Calm and Carry on
Great Recession begins
Crank That Soulja Boy
Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Obamamania begins and the current wave of SJWs and loony liberals slowly gain power (they voted for a man based solely on his skin color)
History Channel begins to show not-history shows
Brendan gets divorced and loses much of his alimony in the settlement (JUST)

>History Channel begins to show not-history shows

That was a deep cut.

Which is weird because at least 75% of the userbase 100% started posting here AFTER 2007.

The 2007 meme is just a convenient scrapegoat for a host of far more complex issues. Like how Tumblr-hate didn't even exist as it does now until around 2014 or 2013.

Well, 2007 wasn't the end, but it was the beginning of the end. Things like iPhones and Facebook weren't noticed too much yet until around 2009-2011

I faintly remember Chowder and Flapjack getting shat on when they were first airing, around maybe the CN Real era. Now they are getting a high amount of praise.

Yep. It's a good bias to be aware in oneself and others. And it is so interesting to see it happen again and again.

>We all agree that
this isn't Sup Forums
kys

Actually I remember people praising Chowder and Falpjack when they were airing. People on forums were saying those shows digged CN out of the Squirrel Boy/My Gym Partner's a Monkey/Juniper Lee/Camp Lazlo/Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi "slump days" of 2004-2006.

Nowadays, oddly, I see people bash Chowder and Flapjack as the "beginning of the end", and praise the era of AmiYumi and Lazlo.

2007 is evil incarnate

>Check out Animal Planet
>Show about treehouses

>Check out History Channel
>Show about truckers

>Check out Discovery Planet
>Show about a bunch of naked people out in the wilderness

I stopped watching Cartoon Network around Robot Jones/Con Carne

You should check out Court TV. Those Who Can't and Jon Glazer Loves Gear are great.

bump

>Falpjack

>realizing 2007 was a DECADE ago
Just kill me now, I'm too old

>Started browsing Sup Forums during newfag influx
>realize mos the this sites traffic is from people that started lurking during the election
>I've been on this site for over 10 years

>Remember when CN experimented with Live Action? That was the best, things went to shit when they stopped.

It's coming.

Beware what you wish

I can agree with that.

>realize mos the this sites

The more time progress the more time the "worst year" gets changed due to nostalgia
>2008 was the year everything became worse
>2009 is when everything went to shit
>2010 the past years were just setting the seeds

So on and so forth I mean 00's kids are becoming a thing trust me in a few years you'll see people nostalgic about symbiotic titans

user people would have had to actually have watched Sym-Bionic Titans for them to get nostalgia about it. ;_;

Just wait for the day when there are Teen Titans Go nostalgia threads, quoting it like today's Sup Forums quotes Spongebob.

>nostalgic about SBT

So you mean right now? Retards have been demanding it get a Toonami conclusion as Jack did ever since Jack started, despite being told constantly it's written off. It wasn't even a good show in any way but people are blind to that because muh genndy

Jimmy Neutron is a legitmately funny show, through and through. The greatest criticism I ever see of it is the CG being unappealing.

Yeah, pretty much this. Cartoon goodness comes and goes in waves, and CN had dry spells before 2007 as well, but it was probably the most marked one as we got the CN Real push and leadership changed hands.

>Just wait for the day when there are Teen Titans Go nostalgia threads, quoting it like today's Sup Forums quotes Spongebob.
Be careful what are you wish for. It might happen.

Exactly. Like the first year of a recession isn't the worst year of the recession. It's just the first year things start getting bad.

2007 was the worst year for every medium, try to prove me wrong, you can't, everything went downhill from there and is just now recovering

Anybody that believes this is under the age of 25.

Prove me wrong.

CN fell off by the time Puffy Ami Yumi got there.

im
SIXTEEN TRYIN TO FIND MY WAY
GOT A NEW JOB GONNA START AT THE MALL TODAY

2010 fag reporting in
was only in like 7th 8th grade when I made the bad decision of continuing to lurk on this site.
>Time flies when your wasting it.

I really don't see TTG ever catching on. There'll be TTG-babies defending it like we have the Prequel Defense Force and Gen 6 apologists on /vp/, but I doubt the board will agree.