Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hckmtBDBmvQ
tfwiki.net/wiki/Watch_that_killed_Hitler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Optimus did nothing wrong.

a true hero

>protagonist doing a war crime in a movie for kids
fucking michael bay

Movie Optimus is a brutal son of a bitch to anyone and anything who isn't a human or Autobot.

Context ?

GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Optimus executing some poor sod for literally no reason

Nothing unjust about executing a traitor.

>literally no reason
Alright genius.

I heard this movie was so bad that you have to go see it

Does he retain his mean streak in The Last Knight? Anybody wanna share?

Always double tap.

Traitors do not deserve to live.

Nope, all the times he's mean is when
One of the quintessons brainwash him into nemsis prime

Optimus executes unarmed autobot

Well he isn't in the movie for very long, but he does lay the smackdown on Megatron basically the second they encounter each other.

Megatron kinda got shit on in Last Knight.

Grimlock tail whipped the fucker through a wall with zero hesitation and Megatron basically disappeared until the final fight.

Is "I am a strong independent little Mexican girl that needs no man" girl as annoying as expected?

Yes, but she's hardly in the movie.

He meets his literal Maker and the first thing that comes out of his mouth is 'I WILL KILL YOU'.

It's weird how much you guys hate the Transformers movies.

Sounds like you like a lot of unpopular things. I mean, I get you have to invent that kinda mentality when you (general you) are constantly reminded that the greater population is telling you you're wrong about something.

After all, what's the best part of an internet critic's review of a Transformer movie? The directly-stated (or sometimes simply implied) annoyance that everything they whined about had the rest of the audience in stitches/engaged/loving it.

Every night the Decipticons power down, they're haunted by the fear of the monster they created.

Don't forget Anthony Hopkins mercing him with a sniper rifle cane.

Are you autistic?
People can have different opinions about things, that's kind of how the world works.

Nah, Transformers was fun and good, because if it wasn't, they wouldn't have made a lot more. C'mon, it's Transformers. Giant robots punching the shit out of each other. We know we don't live in the darkest timeline, because in the darkest timeline, they would've failed.

Internet critics are at their most entertaining when they try so hard discussing a movie franchise that will inevitably prove them wrong. Even funnier when they know it, going in. Successful tent pole movie + fun-hating internet critic = best humor.

The "Fight like a girl" bit isn't even in the movie

Too many humans in it when I just want to watch a movie about giant robots killing and destroying other giant robots.

>Nah, Transformers was fun and good, because if it wasn't, they wouldn't have made a lot more.
That's some weird logic

>Bumblebee killed Hitler

Bay did it. The absolute madman.

You aren't obligated to like something just because a lot of people do, you autistic fuck.

WRONG

That was fucking cool but it ruined the we came from space in the first movie canon

>Tfw no cinematic multiverse so will will never have a Wonder Woman / Captain America / Transformers movie set in WW2.

I mean they could've just left for whatever fucking reason but who the fuck cares about it at this point it's so convoluted.

Literally why would they have a tiny assassain bot?
Does he fit into some Prequel?
What about Cuba?
And the submarine autobot?

Optimus is known for brutally and heroically massacring decepticons in gruesome fashion in the movies.
Usually this is in a fight, but at the end of dark of the moon, he rips megatrons face in half with a battle axe in response to megatron saving his life. he then proceeds to coldly execute via multiple headshots the big bad who is unarmed and begging for mercy.

>Megatron and Optimus are more often than not portrayed in most TF works as being equals or near equals
>he's routinely shat on in the films

Why.

>It's popular then it MUST be good!
Fuck off Michael.

Hey now. Optimus was disarmed before doing that to Megatron

Why did Anthony Hopkins just an hero himself at the end like that?

He wanted to go out with a bang.

No BB was there in the Car lot. and other bots have been there for sometime.

So what violent gore acts does Optimus do in the fifth movie?

I always found it weird how Optimus can be leftist enough to rationale that humans are completely innocent and un deserving of judgement seemingly in the same capacity as animals but then will completely cut cunts heads off who are begging for mercy.

He had a chance to discuss peace or some sort of compromise with Megatron after teaming up with him to defeat Sean Connery but instead just stabbed him in the back.

They actually toned the the gore in this one. No one even got their spine ripped out or anything.

>"optimus! we need a truce"
>immediately disemboweled and beheaded by optimus

>Megatron did nothing the entire movie
>sits in his depression pit during the final fight
>decides to help out
>"Optimus we should reall-"
>fucking demolished instantly

IT BROKE NEW GROUND!!!!

Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival! Everyday ends with a Tums festival!

She was looking in the camera and talking to the audience, of course it fucking wasn't in the movie.

>Cullen recalls auditioning for the role of the robot Optimus Prime at a casting house in Burbank, California, explaining that as he read Prime's character breakdown, he saw that it was "the opportunity of the year", and heeded his brother Larry's advice: "Peter, don't be a Hollywood hero, be a real hero. Real heroes don't yell and act tough; they are tough enough to be gentle, so control yourself."

AT-AT AT-AT AT-AT AT-AT AT-AT!!!!

>Enrique, say hello to your wife for me!

What did Nitro Zeus mean by this?

>Captain America
Are you suffering from a recent head injury. We had a movie where he was fighting Nazi Hydras.

You're the one with the head injury since you didn't read what he fucking posted

Somebody's wife got CONNED.

>let thousands of humans die just to teach them lesson

Was anyone more disturbed by the opening scene of ROTF than anything else? I mean you got deception remnants living in fear and hiding among humanity not hurting anyone, suddenly autobots and the US armed forces show up and start chasing them causing them to transform and cause all sorts of collateral damage, one of them gets sawn in half by sideswipe and Optimus brutally kills the other big guy after crippling him. Their only crime was defending themselves. Wtf Bay are you purposely trolling children who are watching this?

The one being killed here is Sentinel Prime, Optimus' mentor. Basically the events go:
>Sentinel and his ship crash landed on the moon a long time ago after the war on Cybertron, it was uncovered during the moon landing, but kept a secret
>The ship was carrying some devices named pillars
>Optimus finds out humans lied to him about Sentinel and the ship, gets pissed off, and goes there to uncover him
>Sentinel is brought back to earth, where he and Optimus do some reconciling
>About halfway through the movie, turns out Sentinel made a deal with Megatron to keep Cybertron alive after the war
>He brutally kills Ironhide and destroys the entire human headquarters, which Optimus arrives just in time to see
>Sentinel uses the pillars to open a space bridge, which allows a shit ton of decepticons to come through to Chicago, killing a massive amount of people and taking over Chicago
>His plan is to use the humans as slaves to rebuild Cybertron as he views them as worthless and inferior
>Autobots get coaxed to leave the planet in peace. They do, but are destroyed by Starscream almost as soon as they launch
>Autobots actually ejected before their ship was destroyed, and come back to try and save the humans
>Massive battle ensues, another autobot dies as well as many decepticons including Shockwave,
>Optimus fights Sentinel, ending with Optimus getting his arm ripped off and him about to be killed before Megatron intervenes
(Sentinel has been treating Megatron like shit the whole movie despite them working together)
Megatron beats Sentinel due to element of surprise, asks Optimus for a truce. Optimus declines and rips Megatrons head and spine out of his body with his axe
>That leads to this scene, where Optimus kills Sentinel with Megatrons gun, uttering the words: "You didn't betray me, you betrayed yourself"

There, now you know the context and the plot of the third movie. Megatron and Sentinel both deserved to die, despite what some people claim

Posting best Sentinel and his bitch, don't mind me.

>Decepticon sympathizers

1 > 3 > 4 > 2

Bayverse Megatron is just prioritizing Cybertron over Earth, really, since Optimus is a humanboo.
Doesn't he also have a bunch of baby decepticons that just end up dying because because Prime kills him?

I guess it's just to make it seem more of a "grey morality" thing between the cons and bots.

optimus still bad ass as fuck, i haven't seen a movie since 2

Good point. What the hell were those hatchlings in 2? And it looks like the dinobots can reproduce as well in The Last Knight since we had baby dinobots running around.

>bay sweating nervously, hiding his mpreg transfomer fanfics
>"T-they were assembled you guiz l-li-like in the c-cartoon"
>"Robots can't have babies, that would be g-gay, ha ha ha..."

>Optimus murders the single mother who just saved his life in cold blood when he offers peace between their factions, dooming his many children to a slow death by starvation and keeping their war going

Rule of thumb: Don't fucking push Optimus Prime to the breaking point

Bay loves his Megatron/Starscream mechpreg fanfic. They practically look domestic looking after all their little deceptipeepers.

Fucking decepticucks get out REEEEEEEE

Was anybody laughing at Frozen Optimus at the beginning of Last Knight? So he flies off to space at the end of AOE to find his creators but runs out of fuel before he can even exit the solar system? Lol.

Nooptimus

Besides the Barricade jokes I'm really a fan of this whole unintentional "Optimus was the villain all along" bit the movieverse has been ignorant about.

>and we'll go sailing no more

So this guy right?

What's his endgame?

To punish and enslave. It's written right on his ass.

>but runs out of fuel before he can even exit the solar system
Doubt it. Pretty sure he travelled far first to hide the seed before reaching Cybertron.

What is with people thinking Optimus was ever some kind of superman level non-killer, and that Michael Bay was making him something he wasn't in the movies?

Wasn't it in the first episode of the first series where Optimus is mocking Megatron for begging for mercy? Optimus would have been killing left and right in all of his media if he wasn't a product of the 80s.

PRIME OF MURDER

Well that's just... PRIME

Fuck I forgot about The Seed, but then again so did Bay.

Either parroting popular opinion or ignorant of how saturday morning cartoons were.

Eitherway a legit concern was that the killing in Transformers were a bit too personal and macabre. Ripping skulls off, axing the face for a decapitation, punching someone's spark out, etc. Granted this wasn't just Optimus but it's rather funny that the Autobots have done far worse in glorious display of bloodshed than the Decepticons, whom the worst they did was Megs ripping Jazz in two, the rest were execution gunshots.

>What is with people thinking Optimus was ever some kind of superman level non-killer, and that Michael Bay was making him something he wasn't in the movies?
Because in Gen 1, the lore was that Autobots were civilian droids and Deceptacons were military droids. That it was originally the case that Autobots were not as good at fighting but the whole point is that they were not built to kill. That they were able to be trusted because they were created with a peaceful origin.

Now that is just the cartoons, and obviously the Bay films are a separate universe. But it is still unsettling to see Autobots enjoying combat too much.

I bet in someone's mind this scene is a good as Optimus' arrival scene in the '84 TF the Movie.
that person would be wrong.

That's a fair point, and I can see how the gratuitousness of the killings could give people pause. This is just the first time I've heard that contention rather than non-ironic versions of Thanks user

I think it's the way Optimus does kill his opponents. Like tearing off the Fallen's face and then ripping his heart out only to crush it right before his eyes. That's some Mortal Kombat levels of execution.

Well it had explosions out of the ass so in a technical standpoint it was worse.

If I were actively comparing this and the 84 iconic scene I'd be laughing because I'd imagine G1 Prime doing a front roll when Megs would say "PRIME!" and then just sucker punch with knuckle dusters spelling "FREEDOM" transforming on his fist in Megs's gut for a final blow

it's literally just the old G1 movie scene played out without Hot Rod getting in the way

>some poor sod
>literally no reason
You can't fool me Satan

Actually it's almost like roll switching

>Optimus is Megatron, Megatron is Hot Rod, Sentinel is Optimus
>Bay Optimus saying "Please" might as well be a plead for mercy for a merciless killer
>Bay Megatron bursts into the scene and prevents Sentinel from delivering the final kill

The only difference is that Bay Optimus then single-handedly (literally) does both of them in. I absolutely loved it when the music stopped like he fucking snapped.

>What is with people thinking Optimus was ever some kind of superman level non-killer, and that Michael Bay was making him something he wasn't in the movies?
because Bayverse Optimus is a deranged maniac like John Rambo when he's supposed to be a Gary Cooper/John Wayne cowboy sheriff type protagonist that adheres to a strict rigid moral code when engaging his enemies.

Michael Bay's Optimus would never once consider settling the War with Megatron in a 1 on 1 fist fight in accordance with the ancient laws of Cybertron... much less the half dozen times G1 Optimus goes for it. (all while knowing full well Megatron will likely be cheating his ass off the entire time)

This is Optimus Primes most iconic character trait and to be so edgy as to dismiss this as negligible in favor of carnage and spectacle is to completely fail at understanding Prime.
>But it made money so that's wrong

I prefer the way Animated and Prime dealt with the origin of the Autobots and the Decepticons.

In both series, the Autobots were the ruling political class that comprised of most of the middle and upper classes while the Decepticons were largely lower class miners and workers fighting against the corrupt Autobot system.

Megatron, as the miner turned gladiator turned politician, attracts a lot of sincere followers as well as thugs and criminals and other outcasts that deserve to be outcast, and the political movement turns into an all out war.

It puts just enough ambiguity into the war to make it interesting. The Autobots are defending and fighting for a system that, while definitely corrupt, is more good than bad while the Decepticons are fighting against injustice (some real, some perceived) in the system. Megatron becomes someone who started with a legitimate point but quickly falls to the same kinds of evil that the ruling Autobots did, mainly the lust for power.

Thus most Autobots are good and most Decepticons are bad, but a few on each side are the reverse, being Autobots taking advantage of their higher class or honest to goodness freedom fighters. Optimus is a good guy defending a flawed but working system while Megatron is correct in his criticism but hypocritical from his own tyranny.

TFP basically took the IDW concept and simplified it. Personally I do like the twist they did with "Decepticon" and instead treating it as a movement that reminds the bots that they "shall be deceived no longer".

Bayformers is like a post-apocalyptic scenario where the Autobots and Decepticons drained the planet of its resources and caused it to implode, making the generically evil Decepticons seem like the chaotic neutral in reviving their race and correcting their mistakes and the Autobots trying to stop them from murdering a million for their mistakes. In text, this is pretty great stuff but in the movies it's more of an unintentional oversight.

youtube.com/watch?v=hckmtBDBmvQ

these hatchlings are dead now.

No, but this did. tfwiki.net/wiki/Watch_that_killed_Hitler

*autistic laughter*

Decepticons go home.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

See, this is how you shit post.