This shit is absolutely going to be Sup Forums's Epic Mickey equivalent for the next few years

This shit is absolutely going to be Sup Forums's Epic Mickey equivalent for the next few years.

Why didn't they go for this?

Probably for the same reason Epic Micky didn't. It scared people.

creepy or unsettling design isn't the same as effective design.

>Epic Mickey
Context?

Is there a mega for the artbook yet?

Size is smaller than what it is now, original plan must have been for it to be a monster to terrorize earth, rather than it be large enough to completely destroy the earth upon formation.

The ball of bullshit we got instead wasn't very effective either.

Are those tits?

Nigga I'd say that shit looks pretty damn effective. Just looks those giant tits!

Thing is though, it's purpose is unsetlling. It's literally meant to tear open a planet and demolish all life on it. That thing represents death pretty well.

Gonna have to agree with this user.The cluster we got compared to this is just awful and I would have preferred this a hell of a lot more. And don't say it's too scary, the kids could handle The Lich, Aku, and the countless amounts of Lovecraftian esq. horror they put into Courage The Cowardly Dog so they can handle this.

Consider this: if we had seen the emerged version in the show, there'd be no more show. It's game over.

>Planet gets destroyed
>The SU gang is now forced to hide in space in one of the abandoned space ships
>Show now takes place in space while the cluster ravages the galaxy due to it being the first of it's kind and the Diamonds are unable to control it
>Multiple plot lines at once along with changes in tone

Nah, thank goodness they played it safe and chilled on the meme farm.

I'm glad you aren't in control of the show
Or any show

Yeah, because I'm gonna be able to come up with a best seller off the top of my head within the span of 2-5 minutes. It's just a out there example of the potential they squandered with the arc. It's called hyperbole.

That's not the Cluster...
That's it's tongue.

These aren't just regular emotions...these are...advanced emotions.

>implying isn't better than the shit we got
Shit taste user.

The entire show is wasted potential.

>sugar's artstyle ruined because the animation needs to be made easier for below minimum wage korean animators
>problem is made even worse by awful storyboarders
>non-plot episodes went from monster of the week and gem adventures to boring slice of life with characters nobody gives a fuck about
>over-reliance on shit like crying diminishes what could be impactful emotional moments
>doesn't really affect the quality of the show but the bizarre scheduling that resulted in constant several month long hiatuses made shitty episodes even worse (waiting several months just for a string of bad episodes and then hiatus again does not help interest in the show)

I still enjoy the show to some extent and it does have things to like about it, but it really isn't as good as it could've been. Things like the Zuke situation only makes me think even more that the show wasn't/isn't handled correctly.

No kidding, that whole "hands off" approach clearly fell apart early on. Show could have been pretty great had they handled it more professionally.

It's still enjoyable, yeah, but it's degradation in quality is pretty noticeable at times. And I'd even argue that the backwards ass scheduling affects the quality, it makes the story seem convoluted and spanned out over odd periods of time when in reality CN's airing team is just horrible.

Who's to say in the original version, it forming is what caused the destruction of the planet and not it forming and then roaming around destroying shit like Godzilla?

>sugar's artstyle ruined

I'm sorry, but Becky Sucrose's artstyle looks like hot garbage if it's simplified in any way. I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of her lumpy faces and melty features but she is a competent artist. Way better than the storyboarders of the show.

You may not like it, but at least it was her style and the pilot had a very unique graphic novel look to it. As opposed to the current art style which plays it say on all accounts and looks like it caters to the same audience who love chibis and Nintendo.

>Post yfw It emerges and fights the diamond mech in the series finale

>looks like hot garbage if it's simplified in any way.

i think that was the point he was making

>because the animation needs to be made easier for below minimum wage korean animators

No this was for the storyboarders sake.

How would this have even worked in context of the show? The cluster emerging meant the death of the planet yet here it is just waking on the surface.

We never saw the clusters form we only saw the millions of shards in the middle of the crust.
And if it did form the whole planet would of been destroyed.