Ok, Sup Forums, you get a chance to reboot Transformers all over again for a new movie series...

Ok, Sup Forums, you get a chance to reboot Transformers all over again for a new movie series. What does you Autobot/Decepticon lineup look like? Any major changes? Big groups or small?

Autobots
>Optimus Prime
>Bumblebee
>Hot Rod
>Ironhide
>Ratchet
>Prowl
>Arcee
>Mirage

Deceptions
>Megatron
>Starscream
>Skywarp
>Soundwave (With Laserbeak, Ratbat, and Ravage)
>Lugnut
>Blitzwing
>Devastator/Constructicons (all five)
>Knockout

I'd focus on the Decepticons having more powerful members, not to mention outnumbering the Autobots. I'd also focus on the Autobots being ground based, with most Decepticons taking to the air.

Autobots
>optimus prime
>bumblebee
>wheeljack
>ratchet
>arcee
>bulkhead
>kup
Decepticons
>megatron
>starscream
>soundwave(with rumble, laserbeak, ravage, and ratbat)
>Shockwave
>Barricade
>swindle
>waspinator

Design wise I would make the transformers look more like pic related, and include different perspectives on the war, like situations where you see things from megatron's perspective and how he and the decepticons view the autobots

I'd unironically want a DOFP pulled off just because I hate reboots.

>Movie starts with a generic climax of the Bay movies with random explosions and shit
>It's from Barricade's perspective as he tries to capture the Macguffin for Megatron
>Macguffin finally activates and transports Barricade into 1970's

and then shit happens, time changes and nothing but vague references are left for the Bayverse.

>
I'd focus on the Decepticons having more powerful members, not to mention outnumbering the Autobots. I'd also focus on the Autobots being ground based, with most Decepticons taking to the air.

A Decepticons perspective is the freshest way to go even if they shove in human allies. Alternately, them ripping off GotG with IDW Scavengers-esque characters would be better than the half-assed Suicide Squad bit they did with TLK.

A Decepticon perspective would only work with a reboot since Bay's Decepticons are all a bunch of animistic brain dead psychopaths with almost no ability for higher reasoning.

Makes you wonder how these retards won the war

The numbers, and that they're animalistic in nature.

Use this art style

Please the critics and fans

Piss off the normies

>>Soundwave (With Laserbeak, Ratbat, and Ravage)

>I'd focus on the Decepticons having more powerful members,

your lineup contradicts your statement

I'd recreate War for Cybertron since it's about the actual war instead of the aftermath.
I also liked how most of the weapons used bullets instead of the usual lasers.

>Devastator/Constructicons (all five)
>five
there was 6 you casual

Can I make another season of Animated?

'cause I really want that.

For Autobots I'd use characters that haven't been used before or a lot in movies or other media and keep teams small

Autobots
>Optimus Prime (Starts as Orion Pax showing how he became the leader)
>Prowl (Second in command)
>Kup (Old gruff robot founder of the Wreckers)
>Springer (Warrior who wants to be a wrecker)
>Blurr (Comic relief/young bot)

as for decepticons you they've never really been given a chance so I'd keep the usual

Decepticons
>Megatron (Once an Autobot and head of the Elite Guard while under Sentinels rule)
>Starscream (Once loyal to Megatron but after a mission goes wrong he feel he'd be better suited to lead
>Jetfire (Starscreams best friend)
>Soundwave (Megatrons most loyal) includes Ravage and Lazerbeak who can combine to make a human spy
>Shockwave (Loyally follows Megatron only because it's logical)

I had an idea for a comic series that's a MTMTE parody.

Autobots
>Optimus Prime
>Prowl
>Ratchet
>Wheeljack
>Kup
>Arcee
>Hot Rod
>Grimlock

Decepticons
>Megatron
>Starscream
>Soundwave
>Shockwave
>Barricade
>Devastator
>Thundercracker
>Dirge

We were going to have power masters that would've boosted Optimus and more views of Cybertron, who wouldn't want this besides CN Execs.?

Optimus, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hotrod, Cliffjumper, Jazz, Prowl on the Autobot side.

Decepticon side gets Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Blitzwing.

Aesthetics are strictly CHUG/IDW.

I wrote a movieverse fanfiction a long time ago about how I would see a reboot realized. I've always been a fan of IDW/Dreamwave stlye designs since the armada comics so that would mostly be the style

Other than Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee/Hotshot, Starscream, Ratchet, Ironhide, Barricade, and Soundwave , the names of other bots would be up in the air.

>Start similar set in s near future setting similar to minority report or irobot (21XX)
>The intro starts similarly to g1, the decepticons board the ark from the nemesis and while crashing to earth, it breaks up, separating the bots and cons into different compartments
>Bumblebee(or hotshot) is blown out the ship during the battle and plummets from high altitude into a pyroclastic flow while the ark fragments are seen crashing beyond the horizon
>Millions of years later in the future, a government financed, private military/science company finds the decepticons half of the crashed ark and activates them
>before the the battle gets too violent, a damaged megatron activates and orders them to stop
>They end of forging an alliance with the human military and megatron makes a deal; find and help destroy the autobots in exchange for advanced weaponary and technology

Long story short, the main human ends up being the son of a scientist working with the private military company, he befriends the autobots which puts him at odds with his father. and long story short, It's about doing what's right instead of financial gain/power, etc.

Autobots
>Optimus
>Hot Shot
>Bumblebee
>Ratchet
>Red Alert
>Arcee
>Jazz
>Wheeljack
>Cliffjumper

Decepticons
>Megatron
>Starscream
>The Insecticons
>Soundwave
>Shockwave
>Barricade
>Jet Fire (switches sides afterwards)
>Demolisher
>Slipstream

Neutral
>Sideways

>Any major changes?
Not really. I'd have the first quarter of the movie centered around the climax of the Cybertron war with the Autobots escaping to Earth.
We can still do the collecting Energon bit, but maybe keep it as a single depository with just enough energy to get one side back to Cybertron.

>Big groups or small?
I'd have the Decpticons constantly being called in for back-up via Shockwave sending pods to Earth, while the Autobots are stuck with their default team for the most part. Of course some Decepticons would get killed off in the process, but not major players like Megatron or Starscream unless it was to make Galvatron in a sequel.

The only rule I'd have my writers stick to is to not focus the story on humans. Who gives a shit? I'm not on the edge of my seat because Shia LeBouf is screaming "OPTIMUS" twenty times in a fight. Give it a human perspective if you have to; but remember this is a movie about robots beating the shit out of each other.

Word is that CN had less to do with the cancellation than Hasbro themselves, due to the Hub getting off the ground and them not wanting a show they didn't distribute themselves.

I wouldn't want a strict Shattered Glass kind of story, but one where the sides are a little more gray would be fresh. Perhaps make Megatron a bit more sympathetic/having a point beyond being power hungry?

Autobot cast would be pretty obvious.
>Optimus Prime
>Ratchet
>Bumblebee (because we can't not have him with his popularity)
>Bulkhead
>Arcee
>Wheeljack
>Grimlock

Decepticons would also be pretty standard:
>Megatron
>Soundwave with his standard minions
>Shockwave
>Starscream, maybe add Skywarp/Thundercracker/Dirge/Ramjet/Thrust/Sunstorm/Slipstream later?
>Barricade, maybe throw in a bit of Knock Out's campy-ness as well.
Decepticons would also need a female on the main cast. Strika is too butch for a main character and Blackarachnia/Airachnid have been done too many times. Maybe throw Crasher/Fracture or Flamewar a bone?

Go further, set it pre-war, have prowl and streetwise as the main characters solving crimes

Posting my ancient autistic idea
The story takes place in three distinct time periods: The 1950s to the turn of the century, a slightly futuristic modern day, and post apocalyptic Earth. Each focuses on a different stage of the Transformers war.

The Cybertronain war had erupted from tensions between the different City-Nation Clans of Cybertron after a skirmish with the alien Quintessions. The already fragile and fractured government collapsed into war when a rogue military faction rose to take over. The Clans split and formed various factions, the most powerful being the Autobots and Decepticons headed by the Convoy/Magnus Order of Iacon and the Warriors of Kaon respectively.
The war continued until Cybertron itself was seemingly destroyed at the use of a weapon gone wrong (spoiler: it was the Bots). With Cybertron lost and the combatants literally blown across the galaxy, the two factions focus on hiding and rebuilding/reorganizing their forces.

The main story *technically* begins in the early the 1950s after the TF's have been hiding on Earth for around 40 years, but the show flip flops between the three time periods to keep the viewers in an air of mystery of what happened and hint or reveal plot points relevant in another time. It would be harder to write but I feel it would be more interesting if done well

The 1950s story follows a New York man discovering the Transformers existence and getting caught up in fighting a Decepticon-run mafia with the aid of his Autobot partner Shuttershot. He discovers the Cybertronians involvement of technological aid in WW2 and the current Space Race, as well as both sides’ plan to use Humanity as a means to gain enough arms to continue the war. During this period, battles take place in rural areas around the world (but mostly America and Europe) but there are a few skirmishes in the city during night or the suburbs. Micro-war is very heavy here, with TFs hiding as everyday objects in order to infiltrate world government and military forces. This era also has the largest amount of major human characters, a personal favorite of mine being a former shop owner forced into working for his Decepticon handgun.

(2/3)

The second era is the modern age. It closely resembles our own but overall it is slightly more advanced. By this time each faction has a least some kind of influence in every major nation by operatives or politics. This era is very covert ops, with both sides doing mostly recon operations before striking an enemy compound. Not a lot of major human characters in this era, mostly because I haven't really thought of a good role for them. Optimus Prime and Megatron have the most exposure in this era. Major plot elements include Optimus discovering the nature of his creation and purpose and the development of many secret projects of mass destruction.
The third era is post "Zero Hour" aka the major assault that took place after the Cybertronians existence was exposed. Every war device was deployed in a 3 week battle that ended with the near total extinction of life on Earth. Nukes, Citybots, Drone armies, cyber-bombs, everything. With radiation and cybertronian tech rampant everywhere, most of Earth falls into chaos as mutants, aliens, cyborgs, and survivors try to gain dominance or at least survive. Mainly follows a group of Autobots trying to bring some kids and old allies to a safe haven and solve the mystery of Cybertron's sudden reappearance. This is my favorite era out of all of them, having the most fights, weirdness, and open reactions to the Transformers. Cults, Insecticon swarms, lowtech melee battles, wasteland warriors, etc. It's the harsh and crazy aftermath of everything.

Season 1 is mostly the 1950s and modern era, Season 2 begins by ending the 1950's story with a Cold War arc while also sets up the final days before Zero Hour. Season 3 begins with the Zero hour event and ends with the Post-apop crew rebirthing Cybertron

>make the transformers look more like pic related
Fucking why

I'd add in a third faction later on, mercenaries that have been paid by both sides and other species for their services countless times.

>Lockdown
>Sixshot
>Swindle
>Thundercracker (Once affiliated with the Decepticons who left)

More powerful than the Autobots I mean, primarily heavy hitters like Devastator, Lugnut, and Blitzwing

canon