Numerous foreshadowed plot threads left unexplored

>Numerous foreshadowed plot threads left unexplored
>Protagonist is estranged with almost all his friends and love interests
>Massive power vacuum thanks to most of the major crime bosses being arrested or having to lay low
Is this the most tragically cancelled series of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=11533
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe there was no power vacuum. Spider-man taking out all three major crime bosses in one night probably sent a message to the rest of the criminal underworld that New York was too risky to bother with. The only ones who are still dumb enough to try probably don't pose much of a threat to anyone.

I always wondered how Peter would have redeemed himself.

Why is Spider-Man cursed to have several cartoons with unresolved endings?

You have a good point. Season 3 may have started with New York getting surprisingly calm, with the Hobgoblin starting to try and round up all the broken factions.
Scorpion could have been a product of a lack of Spider-Man action, and Jameson funding Mac's transformation in an attempt to make a new paper-selling superhero.
Then maybe Hydroman's creation causes Flint to come back.

Well, Liz and Harry were the only people he really screwed over. Liz would probably avoid him whenever possible, Harry would rub his relationship with Gwen all over his face at every opportunity, and Felicia would probably be nettled for a while until Pete could properly explain himself.

Spiderman unlimited was pretty dope and it ended on a cliff-hanger

Damn, I really wanted to see Carnage, Scorpion, Hydro Man, Gwen dying, and MJ moving in

I wonder who they would have cast as Carnage and Scorpion's VA's?

>Scorpion could have been a product of a lack of Spider-Man action, and Jameson funding Mac's transformation in an attempt to make a new paper-selling superhero.

OH shit....I like this.

Homages the original origin story but at the same time reinvents it.

Plus if JJJ is trying to make another hero (before it goes all wrong), it doesn't make him as much of a dick for intentionally creating one Spidey's enemies.

>we could have gotten Hydro Man voiced by Patrick Star

Really grinds my gears

Just like in Spider-Man 3. Only good.

>Hydro-Man tells Spider-Man the story of the Ugly Barnacle

>Crime is down
>Spider-Man is too much of a mainstay, and isn't selling anymore
>Peter is struggling to keep his job
>Jameson is trying to do what he can to stay relevant and keep his paper afloat
>Stillwell comes to Jameson for funding after Norman Osborn disappears
>Jameson decides to use Stillwell's experiments to MAKE himself a new superhero to sell papers
>Recruits Mac Gargan, a low end investigator with a clean background and a history of being the underdog, to be a new superhero
>Stillwell utilizes a new enhancement serum aimed at making Mac not only similar to Spider-Man, but far stronger and faster
>The Scorpion is created
>At first it seems fine, but the serum deteriorates Mac's mental capacity and drives him insane
>Scorpion aims to kill Spider-Man to prove he is New York's best superhero, despite not fighting any crime
>When Jameson tells Mac he's gone crazy, Mac thinks he's become his sworn enemy and tries to kill him too

You have no idea how crime works. There's always going to be some asshole who'll move into that area.

Besides, we know Kingsley/Hobgoblin would've been a major villain, plus there were plans for a new crime lord, either Kingpin or Mr. Negative.

Kingpin was off the table. That's why we got Tombstone. The rumor was that Hobgoblin was going to start trying take control, as would Foswell.

I know. Weisman said he'd like to use Fisk, but also was interested in Negative, basically implying he'd sub one for the other.

Also, nothing was confirmed on Foswell. He's just a reporter. Tombstone is already the Big Man.

Weisman hinted that Foswell was going to end up "going back to his roots" at some point, so it was speculated that he would be another Big Man.

Ultimate Spidey had an ending, but no one here likes that show

I think he meant that as him taking on the Patch persona. If they followed the comics, he might've even died saving Jameson or something.

>USM has the only resolved conclusion

It's a bad end for us.

No, it's mediocre at best. I still haven't started season two, I've read the comics already so I know how it will go. Say what you want about Ultimate Spider-Man, but at least it was doing new things and was unpredictable. It was vastly inferior, but it had fresh ideas.

SMTAS > TSSM s1 > SMU > USM

New=/=Good user. Also take your nostalgia goggles off because SMTAS has aged like milk. The editing was atrocious and almost seizure inducing. It holds a special place in our childhoods but cmon

The cancellation was karma for Peter dumping Liz.

Anyone who praises SMTAS is blinded by nostalgia.

It's a bad show.

Didn't they have the whole second season written and recorded for this before it got killed?

>but at least it was doing new things and was unpredictable

It had pretty basic storytelling. Norman was the Big Bad, but redeems himself because he wuvs his son, there are hamfisted morals about the importance of team-up and friendship, despite the fact that they hated each other's guts until the season finale, SHIELD is always portrayed as a righteous organization, even when they do shady shit, and even their attempt at plot twists failed when they made both of their traitors obvious as hell.

Also, new ideas aren't inherently good, especially with stuff like bullied nerd Rhino, emo teen Vulture, Scorpion being a rejected Mortal Kombat character, and them having no idea what to do with Harry.

Worst X-Men show

Eh, you've seen one Weissman show you've seen them all. I'm more pissed at Loeb shitting up the second season of EMH before unceremoniously killing it.

>Became more episodic than overarching plots
>Tossing out Josh Keatons voiced lines for Drake Bell's because Ultimate Spider Man was on the way
>Surtur storyline left unresolved
>Last episode was a rushed Galactus plot
It really was sabotaged

>Eh, you've seen one Weissman show you've seen them all.

Lmao, nah. They all have some similar tropes, but they have different tones, characters, and concepts. Young Justice is his most popular show, but Gargoyles is the magnum opus. Despite that, Spectacular is my favorite of his.

Is this any good?

It gets better with each season but Season 1 is painful to watch.

It starts out really bad, but it bumps up to mediocre in later seasons.

But he said that for season 3, and Foswell was already Patch

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=11533