First look at the 1,000,000 BC Avengers in Marvel Legacy #1

Art by Ribic Story by Jason Aaron

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Deviants_(Homo_descendus)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>“Marvel Legacy #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” describes SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries, secrets, and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock, and adventure as possible!”

>In addition to showing readers how Marvel history and continuity is “all connected,” the publisher promises the special will provide "shocks, twists, clues, and Easter eggs," set up the next year of Marvel storytelling and 53 MU series, and will feature a series of character returns, including "the most talked about return in comics."
>Oh ... and the debut of the 1,000,000 BC Avengers - Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther - who come together for origin of the Marvel Universe.

I thought Mjolnir was created especially for Thor?

Does this mean Jason is retconning the Tempest thing and how Odin couldn't ever pick it up?

It was. Could have been dropped, though I doubt it. Welcome to retcon land user.

I thought they retconned it so that Odin could never pick up the hammer before Thor got it. Marvel editors can't be that bad can they?

Why do I have a feeling this will ignore mutants and push Inhumans more than anything?

Phoenix is there

There are no Inhumans part of the team

Lets wait and see until we get some text

>humans full on cavemen mode
>somehow Wakandan's aren't

Thanks user. Put my jumping to conclusions at ease. Appreciated.

Considering this is the same writer It wouldn't be the editor's fault

>People were joking about Cavengers.
>It's real.
I don't know why I even had a shred of hope for this.

Wait. What the fuck? Clothing was only invented about 170,000 years ago. How the fuck could they have intelligent to make costumes in 1,000,000 BC?

>dat Mignola face on BP

This is by the same writer who did that retcon so it wouldn't really be an editorial goof.

Based on what? Neither should be around at this point in time.

According to a recent Thor issue, it was created a long time ago but sat in a vault until Thor was of age. They make a point to mention that Odin may have wielded it before. I'm pretty sure actual Norse legends are similar.

Who is Starbrand and Iron Fist? (big guy and girl)

>Wakanda mastered the art of making clothes a long time ago

>smug animu poster doesn't know what a Deviant is

educate or kill yourself, I don't care which

I bet this will be a fine companion one shot to Thor but trash and pointless otherwise

I know, Wakanda dude is standing upright, dressed, and looks like us.

These guys are hairy, naked, and hunched down

>most talked about return in comics

Place your bets folks, what underwhelming character will it be?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Deviants_(Homo_descendus)

Sure as hell ain't Mr. Fantastic or Wolverine

This is such fucking bullshit.

Marvel never had anything in mind for "Legacy". This is obviously one of Aaron's retarded ideas retolled by editorial into being the new cornestore of the universe, despite the fact it has fuck all to do with anything.

Also, fuck this retcon that Odin didn't create the hammer. Just more retardery to justify the whole JaneThor's run.

comic books

>I know, Wakanda dude is standing upright, dressed, and looks like us.
The thing is that I thought everyone in the group was from Wakanda, I made a fool of myself which is why my post is deleted.
So you saying that Wakanda's are deviants is that it?

>“Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries, secrets, and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come!
>Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock, and adventure as possible!”
There's something about slapping a "!" At the end of a statement that makes it feel completely insincere and patronizing.

Odin never created the hammer though. The dwarves did.

Odin never created the Hammer even before the retcon.

>1 000 000 BC
>Wakandans already Mesolithic

It will be something lame like Tony Stark as Iron Man or Doom turning evil. Will not be Wolverine, Xavier, Cyclops, Hulk or even Mr.Fantastic.

Why is it Odin and not Bor?

Editors are supposed to catch the mistakes that writers make. That's literally their job.

>Odin
He picked up Mjölnir right there. By your logic, he's called Thor now.

Ok, but it was still him that asked it to be made, it wasn't some unknown piece of magic that just appeared some day.

Marvel bought into the meme

Unsolicited thoughts on Israel.

Well at least we get easy shitposting material.

No, the hunched things are deviants

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL???]

It still isn't.

What I hate about this is that it makes the Marvel Universe feel so much smaller
>>Always a Phoenix (Human Phoenix)
>>Always a Ghost Rider
>>Always a Black Panther
>>Happen to make up an Avengers team very similar to the modern day

It's like the Simpsons where Homer revealed that he had a crush on a girl when he was a kid, and that crush turned out to be Marge. I'm tired of shows always making things out to be solid in stone forever.

>Issue starts out with the first-man trying to become worthy
This looks great. I loved Thor: God of Thunder though.

Be carefull user
I dont know if this neander girl on the bottom right is underage and boob flashing!

>first avengers were literally subhuman niggers
enough with the forced diversity, marvel!

This comic might've been cool if it were a Secret Wars mini series instead of some shitty important retcon event thing.
Also fuck Aaron for fucking up a decade worth of X-Men with his turbo shit event comics.

That the best bait you got? Seriously?

that didn't take long, by the same writer too

This is going to be the new canon of Marvel's past? Also, are these the only images we have of the 'Cavengers'?

So, have Kull and Conan even been born yet? Are they even still canon post-Secret Wars?

>deviant looking that human
If anything the big Akuma looking dude behind Black panther is a deviant.

>Assuming the Neandx's gender.
What the fuck, shitlord?!

user, it's a comic book

If aliens, demons, and cosmic entities exist then I think strips of fabric can

>"humans" still acting like monkeys
>Wakangzda has complex clothing

Man, just fuck Marvel.

MAKE MINE MARVEL!

>dude it's just a comic book lol btw FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
Sure thing, shills.

Yes, but this wouldn't be a "mistake." Aaron isn't Bendis. He isn't going to forget things he himself established just a few months ago.

>no subhuman cock
Fucking dropped. This isn't how you're going to change the industry Marlel. You want to be taken seriously, don't you?

The Asgardian is the only one in complex clothes, Black Panther's clothes look pretty simple, see

He's still a "human" when the "white devils" are naked and in caves. The whole thing makes zero sense.

>This is obviously one of Aaron's retarded ideas retolled by editorial into being the new cornestore of the universe, despite the fact it has fuck all to do with anything.
This. It doesn't feel like the EVERYTHINGCHANGES story. It feels like they just randomly picked Aaron's story to be the leading book of the relaunch for some reason.

Something dispointing

>white devils
what?

wtf stone age avengers?

What text are you quoting?

Like all of Marvel's old licensed comics they're still canon but can't be outright referenced.
Although the last issue of Rocket did have The Doctor cameo.

Proof that the Homo Wakandian is superior to the Homo Sapiens in every way. They evolved first. And that's a fact.

Every one of the Cavengers has clothes. BP has a loincloth and headdress. Agamotto is wearing more complex clothes.

>The Asgardian is the only one in complex clothes, Black Panther's clothes look pretty simple, see
"We wuz astronomers while them white devils were in caves and shit"

t. Marvel, Circa 2017, & Laquisha from Twitter

An obvious contradiction in a timeline of events is not a mistake now? What won't you drones forgive?

Cavengers

Like they would notice that

The Shitposting was inevitable

To be fair, that was a story found in a Book in Omipotence City's library, chalk it up to unreliable narrator.

I really think this should have been 100,000 BC and not 1,000,000 BC.

But Odin has always had total control over Mjolnir.

probably iron man. just in time for avengers "hype" to be built.

We don't have any of the context. We don't even have any of the text. It's a bit early to be crying continuity error.

Remember that time that the forging of Mjolnir killed the dinosaurs?

Who is the big guy next to Homo Wakandian?

According to the Marvel Wiki Odin still used Mjolnir to fight Laufey. He also used it against Galactus when he was in the Destroyer.

But now he can't lift it, apparently. Basically fuck Marvel.

Probably Starbrand.

Poor Coates, he's gone to all the trouble of building up Wakanda's mythology and actually showing the first Black Panther (who was definitely not a million years old) and now this comes around.

Then who is the the mostly bald woman with a pony tail?

Probably Iron Fist

WE WUZ KINGS WHILE WHITEY WAS IN CAVES AND SHIET

Iron Fist, I'd wager.

>Poor Coates, he's gone to all the trouble of building up Wakanda's mythology and actually showing the first Black Panther
Coates BP is wack and will be forgotten soon and plus the first BP was revealed long before Coates and nothing was done with that so Aaron is free to do what he wants

What about Tuk the Cave Boy?

And then Kang the Conqueror shows up

Yeah, I was actually mildly hype for this cause I assumed it would use Tuk and tie all of this back. Having him be The First Avenger is literally perfect and ties everything back to Captain America #1. They could have even snuck in some Inhumans shilling that way.

But nope, this takes place in 1,000,000 BC and Tuk is from 100,000 BC.

One black guy on a team, people lose their shit.

>we believe in magic, super powers, gods, aliens, but we cannot suspend our disbelief when it comes to a black achieving anything

That would make too much sense. Not like a black could be educated enough to become anything important... like President of the United States.

*half black

Weren't first homo sapiens African anyway?

That said, that clothing doesn't fit in 1,000,000 BC, but whatever.