You know Sup Forums its time we take some time and enjoy some Negro comics

You know Sup Forums its time we take some time and enjoy some Negro comics
so sit back and read some All-Negro Comics #1 from 1947

>Ace Harlem

Honestly fucking incredible.

Its like just the most innocent, unintentional racism but he's also a comic book detective so he's automatically hyper intelligent.

hes pretty fucking awesome

Excuse me i'm dumb, i skipped right to the comic, its actually by black dudes.

I think.

Honestly that first page has some really weird text in it.

Still its hard to imagine this was from 1947, the time period in which Billy Batson was "yo massa my name Biggums"

>ZOMBIE!
>using the word zombie as a "Zoinks!"

You know what, this shits alright.

Yeah everyone who worked on the comic was black its pretty progressive

Thinking about it yeah it does seem very in touch with the black american culture of the time, with all the properly done 'jive speak' instead of the "whats a darkie" stuff you'd get in other comics where they looked like Mr. Popo and spoke like parodies of slaves.

>Hep cats
Jesus, I keep forgetting people actually talked like that. Heard it in movies, heard it in music but it's fuckin bizarre seeing it written down.
Shit, that's pretty ballsy for 1947. Fuck the comics code! Monitoring thread for more Ace Harlem

That's all the Ace Harlem there is, as that's the only issue they made. Stay tuned for Lion Man though.

Bump

Based OP

wait
wouldnt young muggers make more mistakes and get caught easy?
i mean if you made it to an old experienced mugger and you areent in jail you must be doing something right
If anything the fact that there are no traces in the system is a sign that you arent dealing with a petty criminal with a police record

There's no traces in the system because they'd just started as criminals and hadn't been caught yet.

I thought the same thing. I don't know if that was a thing back then but I like it.

I'd honestly like to see a modern reboot of this with black creators. I bet it'd be ten times better than the white guilt "progressive" comics of today.

Ace Harlem might be the best Dick Tracy pastiche I've seen. Chester Gould had a lot of people trying to ape his success during his heyday, but this manages to pull it off better than most.

Also that cover looks like it came from the underground era 30 years later.

The characters look like they just changed the skin tone. I don't know why tho.

Fiction. We do not swim.

just started mugging is unrealistic
mugers start with smaller crimes and work their way up there
there should be something about them in the system

Oh boy, this should be fun.

.......This is not a million miles from what you could see in some comics today. Art stylish, I mean.

I foretell you that a time will come when a young Negro athlete will make people forget there ever was a name like 'Phelps'.

Huh, actually ended up enjoying this. Thought it was going to be the usual racist caricatures, but it's surprisingly decent. Thanks OP, I'm a faggot for judging it by the cover.

how many times do they write NEGRO?

Ten times in the introduction, which averages out to exactly one Negro for every sentence.

It wont be a black bitch. I tell ya that much.

That's because it literally is All-Negro. Everyone involved it the development was a negro so they were just making comics they wanted rather than pandering or exploiting.

Yeah, I definitely got that impression halfway in. Like, it felt more authentic and genuine if anything.

Doubtful. The same center of gravity advantage that makes blacks the fastest runners also impairs their swimming ability. That's not to say that the "blacks can't swim" meme won't disappear one day, just that they won't be setting records

Africans have more genetic diversity than all other human peoples combined. Your assessment, therefore, fails in its assumption all Africans have one particular physical trait in common - although almost all record-breaking African runners come from a relatively small area on the continent.

Yeah, that's because they have to outrun fuckin' lions, Darwin was right

And Koreans are good at archery because they fought pandas and tigers.

Possibly.

You are assuming that a diverse group will manage to produce an outlier greater than the outlier produced by a group of outliers.

>Able to understand the comic's old lingo and keep up
>Recognize references and even know the songs
My god ... I might secretly be a negro from the late 40s reincarnated to be a fat white nerd.
Or I know jive as a 2nd language.

What is the 'group of outliers' in this case?

Was there ever an all negro comics 2?

Why is she telling the police to hold up? Surely she'd want them there as fast as possible.

Note to autists who take everything literally: This is a joke about how language usage has changed.

>What's she going to do? Fix him some dinner?
>Shucks no! Picking flowers. Just like a woman!

Wew lawdy

Can you imagine the fun if this was published today?
>who wrote this misogynistic garbage?
>actually, it's the first comic with an all-black creative team!
>...

The former one might be correct.

Awww man is he public domain?

No then you would have white landwhales screaming about mysoginoir or some shit.

Bump. Did the man take out OP to stop the storytime?

Just checked wiki, shit is mad depressing yo

>Evans attempted to publish a second issue but was unable to purchase the newsprint required. Many believe he was blocked from doing so by prejudiced distributors, as well as from competing, white-owned publishers (such as Parents Magazine Press and Fawcett Comics) which began producing their own black-themed titles.

That had to have felt terrible as fuck to not to have been able to get at least a 2nd issue. Especially when the work was quality enough to be getting a positive reaction on Sup Forums 70 years after its publishing. I wonder how much money the staff lost just trying to make it work