Why?

Why?

idklol

Kirby must have done some horrible shit we don't know about to be treated this way after death

Because making the New Gods strange otherworldly monsters is better than more humans in space with funny costumes for aliens.

Why not?

Because every big movie has to set up a sequel. This is higher priority than being a watchable movie.

This wasn't in the movie, it was released as an online teaser after BvS dropped.

it's like you've missed the entire point of the New Gods

>Has a diatribe in the movie railing on Superman for being an Evil God.
"The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Ah. 'Cause that's what God is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El. Clark Joseph Kent. See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Jo, because God is tribal. God take sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from Daddy's fist and abominations. Mm-mm. I've figured it out way back, if God is all powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He's all good then He cannot be all powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands."
>Literally working for Evil Gods the entire time.

Only Goyer can write with this little self-awareness.

Yea as we all know the works Jack Kirby have been sitting around like the dog shit that they just waiting for the visionary director of Sucker Punch to fix them.

Nothing in that movie implied he was working for Darkseid, only that he was aware of Darkseid/Steppenwolf and the threat they posed.

Darkseid is fine. The other New Gods are literally humans in spandex. A few of them have funny helmets. The normie audience can only suspend their disbelief so far, user. Trust me, I hear what you're saying. But from a marketing/appeal to the normies standpoint, it makes complete sense to make them more alien-looking.

>The normie audience can only suspend their disbelief so far,
And this is why the self-conscious Snyderverse failed.

Audiences specifically go to superhero epics for belief-suspending action and adventure.
Nolan didn't WANT to make superhero movies, but still paid due to the fantastical elements in them. Snyder completely failed to understand their basic escapist appeal.

>Warner Bros turns another character into another CGI shit house.

Yea not surprised.

>The other New Gods are literally humans in spandex. A few of them have funny helmets. The normie audience can only suspend their disbelief so far, user.
If normies can accept THREE Thor movies they can handle comic-accurate New Gods.

But the thor movies are the normie's least favorite MCU movies.

Different normies; they do excellent as chick flicks.

There's a world of difference between the asgardians and new gods, the biggest being the thor movies can always retreat back into Generic fantasy.

>But the thor movies are the normie's least favorite MCU movies.

This must really jiggle your cashews.

>Dark World is 77% and 3.9

>There's a world of difference between the asgardians and new gods

Tales of Asgard was just Kirby's dry run before he could do New Gods. C'mon.

Ragnarok is going Full Kirby.
Your opinions are Pleb and Shit.

I get what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree. In fact, I think one of the biggest complaints normies had was how unrealistic the depiction of Two-Face was in the context of the rest of The Dark Knight with its attempt at hyper-realism. Also, it's not really the best to bring up Nolan in a positive light when speaking about adapting DC's comics. The Nolanverse was immensely disrespectful to the Batman mythology and has done far more damage to Batman's image for normies than good. Case in point is that they actually thought that Bale's Batman was good, despite the fact that he basically played some other character in a Batman costume.

But regardless, I think you're overstating how much people are able to suspend their disbelief. Especially normies. Why do you think Doctor Strange didn't play it fast and loose with magic? Why do you think Batroc didn't have his purple leotard? Or why Hawkeye didn't have his purple and blue outfit? Even Marvel recognizes when they need to pull back on something. Marvel's problem is they go full steam ahead with the talking Raccoon and yet can't reliably adapt magic or add some purple to Clint's costume until his fourth appearance.

DC is choosing to play it loose by making characters most people, including comic readers, have never heard of and making alien gods look more like alien gods and less like guys in costumes. It's not hard to understand why.

The Norse Gods the Asgardians are based on are usually depicted as human, though, so it's easier to swallow for most normie audiences. Give them more alien gods that look like humans, ones without any basis in real-life mythology to draw from, and you're probably going to get more raised eyebrows than Warner Bros. probably wants.

Normies have RT accounts?

>Getting BTFO in comics.
>Getting BTFO in animation.
>Getting BTFO in vidya.
>Getting BTFO in TV.
>Getting BTFO in movies now with WW likely to outgross GotG2 domestically.
>Can only cope by posting year+ old shitposts in a chink sewing forum.
The absolute state of Mouseketeers.

No, they only give them out to Sup Forums Gold Members.

>likely
Confidence..... slipping....

He can't state something that hasn't happened yet as a fact you retard.

>Give them more alien gods that look like humans, ones without any basis in real-life mythology to draw from, and you're probably going to get more raised eyebrows than Warner Bros. probably wants.
Setting aside that Ego and the Elders of the Universe look completely human.. they already accept that The Alien looks like a handsome Kansas farmboy and flies "because sunlight".
The Guardians are blue midgets.
Sinestro is a red man.
The only alien aliens in DC's movies are the crowd of CGI extras in Green Lantern. And that worked super-well.

Regular audiences weren't terribly familiar with the Norse Gods at all, which is why the first Thor movie literally cracks open a book to explain Loki to the audience.

>He can't state something that hasn't happened yet as a fact you retard.
Welcome to Sup Forums. Make yourself comfortable.

Because it looks cool as shit?

>Ragnarok is going Full Kirby.
First of all, Ragnarok is clear Walt Simonson's Run and second of all fuck you that shit ain't even half kirby.

>First of all, Ragnarok is clear Walt Simonson's Run and second of all fuck you that shit ain't even half kirby.
So much wrong in this post that it's breathtaking.

>GotG 2 $383mil
>$50mil head start
>5 week lead
>Run basically over, especially with SM here.

>WW $347mil
>Already ahead of GotG2's pace
>Will still be around for weeks
>Pulls in women, who typically visit movies at later dates

It's happening, user. I'm going to be the first to post when it does.

They explain Loki in the movies because he's different from Loki from the myths.

You mean "fairy tales"

>Hela's assault of Asgard, just like Simonson
>Simonson's Planet Hulk Run
>Costumes are Kirby
>Backgrounds are literally stolen directly from Kirby's artwork
Nope, not even half Kirby.

he walked away from DC

>Already ahead of GotG2's pace
Intradesting, seeing as how WW is behind Guardians 2's 30 day take.

You might want to review your maths.

GotG2 May 5th-June 4th -- $355,580,702
Wonder Woman -- June 2nd-July 2nd --$346,229,475

Ruh oh.

>Wonder Woman cut down a $50mil lead to less than $9mil in an equivalent timeframe.
>That means Wonder Woman's pace is clearly slower.
Looks like you need to learn the definition of pace, bro.

Just seeing everything there makes me happy, the colors, the we're pooling pretty much straight from the book character designs.

Is this the guy who banged Wondy that one time and kidnapped her daughter in Earth 2?

>Gets proven completely wrong
>Doubles down on the fucking stupid
You realize that in the timeframe of 30 days in theaters, Wonder Woman has made 9 million less dollars, which OBJECTIVELY puts it behind "the pace" of GotG2?
I feel this concept isn't hard to grasp.

It's fantastic right? When WB and Marvel put out decent movies everyone makes money, everyone gets to leave the theater without feeling ripped off! It's fucking insane.

Let's not forget that Fox is finally making great movies like Deadpool and Logan.
Though the X-Men movie they are working on feels like backsliding.

It's been a good year for comics movies.

If Whedon saves JL it may go down as the best single year for comic book movies.

Both definitions of pace can be used correctly you fucking tards. Wonder Woman is on pace to earn more than GOTG 2 at the next time frame, like 45 or 60 days out, but has earned less in 30.

It was in the Ultimate Cut.

>it's already beaten BvS

I hope we get Big Barda in the DCEU so the musclefags complaining about Gadot can get on the case.

We're not going to get Granny Goodness and that pisses me off

The whole thing feels more a painted side of a van than full blown kirby, like they realized that the GoTG aesthetic sells like hotcakes.

Or Glorious Godfrey.

I was really looking forward to Granny fisting Diana.

I feel like Glorious Godfrey would've been the Loki of the DCEU.

>The Dark Knight
>any kind of realism
I want this fucking meme to die.

>"Gordon, what did they call me at the precinct?"
>"Big Guy. Harvey Big Guy."