Rick and Morty is for intelligent people

Rick and Morty is for intelligent people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg&t=84s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>twitter memes
kys

>The only decent character out of the 9
>Is the one that is excluded
Truly...activates the almonds...woah

Intelligent people don't repost .jpg memes with excessive compression that they found on social media, but what would you know about that.

This is a meme made by 4channers.

>Shitting on Jerry like that.

Fuck whoever made this.

Bird Person was included in the list dumbass

t. beta cuck that relates to jerry

All of them are shit actually

Jerry is a fucking spineless doormat, tho.

Yes. Summer is the least shit, and she can still be a cunt.

Rick and Morty is 200% more enjoyable if you don't have Internet access. Then you won't be exposed to the cancerous fan base. Call me Reddit but I think it's an overall good show, although Season 2 was a notable step down in quality. Unpopular opinion but I hope the show doesn't delve to deeply into lore and story, the show is best when introducing new scifi concepts each episode and then just making jokes that are funny. Whenever a comedy show gets too focused on backstory or lore, the main goals of the show seems to get muddled; the goal being to be funny

Jerry was the only one to rightly call out rick from the getgo. He shits on rick because rick is a self destructive piece of shit who will destroy jerry's family.
Jerry is THE only character any of us should root for in this show

>Not liking Jerry

I bet you think Rick is cool too.

I'm sympathetic to Jerry but I think Morty at the start of S3 has the right idea. Rick's not completely evil but he is a dick and not to be trusted.

>HAHA, LET ME PISS ON THE CHARACTER THE WRITERS WROTE TO BE PISSED ON

Rick and Morty is a shitty and predictable show that is made to appeal to nonintellectuals who still think memes are funny.

Reminder that hating Jerry because he's not an edgy, nihilistic, depressed faggot like the rest of the characters is reddit tier cancer.

thanks the characters for not you on being greatest T.V.?

It seems like they're doing more and more to make rick out to be a dick as the show goes on, maybe to see how long before the audience turns against him completely and starts honestly rooting for jerry

>he doesn't think memes are funny

Rick and Morty is for dumb people who like to think they're smart.

Jerry is actually pretty solid in a crisis situation. He rightfully recognizes the danger of Rick.

Rick and Morty is reddit the show

t. intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour

Ill never understand peoples hatred for Jerry.
Sure he was kind of lame but he was seriously the only voice of reason on the show and only wanted to protect his family from Rick.

>upboated

rick morty and jerry are the only good characters on the show.
Meeseks, the cat, poopy butthole and bird person are fucking jokes. Mortys momĀ“s entire arc depends on Jerry and Summer is a decent teenager character.
Who made this? Reddit?

>kys

Kill yourself.

>Ill never understand peoples hatred for Jerry.
A sad but overwhelming majority of Rick and Morty's fanbase self-insert as Rick: the intelligent, witty, hilarious, edgy, non-conformist nihilist who's always one step ahead of everyone else intellectually and verbally and goes on cool adventures in which he must rely mostly on his own resourcefulness and a bottomless barrel of one-liners. As such, they are incapable of understanding that Rick is being specifically written as a deeply flawed and damaged character who is genuinely going to be the downfall of all his friends and loved ones and simply believe that the character is being played entirely straight. Comfortable in their ignorance, they end up viewing Jerry as the stick-in-the-mud loser who's just trying to stop Rick (them) from being the coolest person ever. He's every boss that ever scolded them for coming in late to work. He's every teacher who ever made them tuck in their shirt. He's every parent who ever told them "because I said so". He's every authority figure who has ever made them feel less than and, because of that, they hate him and everything he stands for regardless of whether or not he's right about Rick (them).

>THE WRITERS WROTE TO BE PISSED ON
Did they?
youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg&t=84s (1:22)

So why does everyone hate this show again?

Not everyone, only Sup Forums hates it

Because its popular elsewhere.

Sup Forumsntrarian is a thing for a reason.

The writers had always intended for Jerry to be the voice of reason and the only legitimately reasonable/good-natured person behind his cowardice and stupidity but, perhaps ironically, most of the Rick and Morty fanbase are too stupid to understand that they're not supposed to be rooting for Rick.

I like the show because it was adapted from a purposely shitty back to the future parody made by a person with mental disabilities. I hate all this shit by redditors about it being deep. I watch it so aliens say flippity floopity glim glar.

So Sup Forums hates it because it advertises itself as being "intelligent"?

It's a decent show, but it gets annoying at times. It's no masterpiece

Jerry had that, but now he's a fucking idiot. I'd prefer rick because he at least has some common sense

this. Ricks a prick and selfish one at that.

He's sometimes not selfish but often puts his family's safety or the world at risk for his own selfish gain.

Rick isn't an entirely evil person, but he's that dangerous combination of depressed, self-loathing, intelligent and thrill-seeking that makes his mere existence a detriment to everyone around him. He's not intentionally evil, but it's in his nature to selfishly seek out ways to ebb the numbness that constantly threatens to consume him and, in the process, he inevitably drags others into his world of existential suffering. It's what's happened to Morty and, to a lesser extent, Beth. Summer's too concerned with her own empowerment and desperate for a strong male role model to get out before it's too late.

Really, Jerry's the only one who has a remote chance of escaping Rick's vortex of self-destruction unscathed.

doesn't mean hes not a fun character

it's the big bang theory for people who make fun of the big bang theory

It's for people who want to watch Family Guy/Adult Swim Originals but feel they're too smart for Family Guy/Adult Swim Originals

>Jerry was the only one to rightly call out rick from the getgo.
And do absolutely nothing about it, thus:
>Jerry is a fucking spineless doormat
Continues to stand.

It doesn't. He's fun as fuck and the reason the hospital episode was great.

What the fuck could Jerry do, honestly? Everyone else in the family adored Rick. He's the estranged father of his emotionally damaged wife. And even if he did attempt to force him out of the house, it's fucking Rick. He would probably just freeze him or turn him into a literal piece of shit or something. The guy crashed an entire alien economy and toppled two empires in one day. Jerry's just an advertising exec.

Jerry represents the time before the "current year" of course he's hated

with the tightest fedoras

>Declaring defeat before even trying
I can see why you'd defend Jerry as a person.

It might be a bit edgy, or use entry-level philosophical arguments, etc. but I wish this "hurr reddit" shit would stop.
It's one of the few things I can use to connect with my old bastard father, it's kind of a family/ multi-generational show in general for most people I know who watch it.
Let people have some fucking fun, not everything has to be outsider art.

> ITT: chuck roastie meme Reddit memey non kino meme a rino.
LITERALLY REBBIT, am I right fellow kekkers

He has tried several times only to be roadblocked by Beth or to be mixed up in one of Rick's schemes which ends in him weaseling his way into staying.

You're really placing too much responsibility on the man's shoulders, here.

>unscathed
Rick's blatant emotional abuse of Beth already cost him his marriage.

To be honest, he's probably better off without her. Beth is an emotional leech who thrives off of making Jerry feel small so she can feel big.

get out underage.

True, but Rick also in all likelihood took his children away from him too.

This. Only beta faggot redditors like Jerry

>Rick is legitimately an abusive horrible person
>we're supposed to like him
Don't want to go MrEnter and start ranting about morals in cartoons but when you have a scene where a man pulls down his grandson's pants then pushes him down a flight of stairs so he could be both injured and humiliated in a public setting, then show him walking away laughing as his grandson is literally in tears, then your show is just fucked up.

Summer, maybe, but I want to say Morty still sees that his dad is a fundamentally good person because he's disillusioned with Rick's alpha charm.

Faggot

>we're supposed to like him
That's the thing though: we're not. We're supposed to enjoy watching him be a sociopath, sure, but we're not supposed to like him or even support him most of the time. The character is just too subtle for most people to understand. For all intents and purposes, he's a villain protagonist and the writers are gradually making that clearer.

Sup Forums doesn't like outsider art either. They've been bashing Summer Camp Island nearly nonstop in every thread about it ever since it got announced. Generally Sup Forums has three groups of users in regards to cartoons: Contrarians that will praise shit like Johnny Test and Teen Titans Go!, "It's just a cahtoon!" fags that mostly enjoy bland commercial comedy like Wander Over Yonder or Uncle Grandpa and DEEPEST fags who latch on to anything with any semblance of plot.

Shows that fall into more than one of these categories, such as adventure time, tend to be the ones to dominate the board. Rick and Morty is in the DEEPEST group, but once it failed to deliver on it's DEEPEST tease, Sup Forums began to hate it. Essentially, there being no follow up on "evil" morty killed it on this board.

The only good Jerry is Doofus Jerry.

>people still don't get Rick is the bad guy yet
I think that's people like OP's problem with the show. The large majority of people who like this show are too dense to actually "get it"

i wonder who could be behind this post?

The Doofus Jerry arc in the comic was a great showcase of why Jerry Primes are garbage people.

>Essentially, there being no follow up on "evil" morty killed it on this board.
That would have sucked HARD. I like Evil Morty in the single appearance he had, that was fun. I don't know why he should ever come back- the exciting part was a bait & switch reveal, what the fuck would evil Morty even DO when he returned? What mysteries even remain about him? It seems pretty clear cut that he got a bug up his ass about Rick being a dick, killed him, replaced him with a robot, and started killing as many Ricks as possible.
The very structure of the universe kind of dictates that the lore can't get too deep- the size of the multiverse renders basically anything as microscopic, and events kind of just happen at random. It's just a wacky inter-dimensional adventure.

They wanted an overarching story. That's it. It's why everyone was so pissed when the season cliffhanger was immediately wrapped up in the april episode.

When you try to force an overarching story where it won't fit you get Southpark Season 20.

Now that the council of Ricks are gone and the intergalactic empire is defunct, who is even left to oppose Rick? I guess Tammy and mecha-Birdperson, but what can they do that an interdimensional cabal of geniuses and the far reaching military might of a galactic government couldn't?

And does Rick even still need Morty anymore? I thought his only purpose was the block people from seeking out his brainwaves (the galactic government, presumably), but now everyone knows what planet he lives on.

Go- *BUUUUUUURP* God isn't real, M- *BRAAAAAAP* Morty! N-nothing *URP* matters, LICK MY BALLS TO BE SURE, MORTY! *HUUUUUUURK*

WUBBALADUBDUB!

In most any other show, Jerry would just be a wacky sitcom dad. He's certainly not any dumber than any other cartoon dad.

The others just don't have a Rick or resentful wife to abuse them.

>just one government existing over *infinite galaxies
He's also obviously lonely and bored- if he just needed brainwaves he'd pop Morty's garbage brain out, hook it up to life support, and shove it in a briefcase.

that's what makes him funny though rick in comparison is just annoying because the show sucks his dick so hard.

>people taking bait this obvious

Truly these are the end times

as i said before in another thread jerry is like chi chi.

you hate them for getting in the way but they're ultimately in the right for not wanting their family/kids to be put in danger by their father in law/husband & his friends.

I don't think I'll ever understand how people can like Beth more than Jerry.

>I thought his only purpose was the block people from seeking out his brainwaves

I can't believe you believed Rick.

I have a friend who unironically likes Jerry. Is he ok?

He tells me something about how shows like Simpsons, Family Guy, even this show like to shit on the dad characters so much. Is he onto something?

I can understand why people like Rick, but who the hell likes Beth?

this site is only twitter memes anymore

that makes a stupid person, not a bad character
is every dumb or evil character bad?

Holy shit, that is just plain cringe. Seriously, how are the rest of you not cringing so hard that your bodies turn in on themselves, condensing your very being into a black hole of cringe. I can feel my spine telescoping from this shit.

>woy
>bland

This so much

This was clearly made by a woman. Not the say that all women are as dumb as this cunt, but there are certain brands of stupid that only men and women are respectively capable of.

Correct.

Your sexist biases are showing.
>Sh-shut up cunt
Before you get your feelings hurt and craft a witty little retort, why do you assume this reads like a woman? I read it in a cringy little fat neckbeard's voice.

lurk more, lady

Did you even read the entire post? You sound like a triggered little girl.

I don't hate it and i don't mind the fandom because i know from experience that they are gonna ruin every show, but s2 was way less funny that s1

>Rick and Morty is 200% more enjoyable if you don't have Internet access.
Or you know, just don't visit reddit.

roastie btfo

Nothing worse than when a show starts being aware of it's own popularity. You start to get the sense that it's trying to meme itself with every gag. Not sure if that makes sense.

I read your comment with Jerry's voice. It kind of fits. Just saying.

BASED Jerry

I remember when the first season aired, it was beloved here. Then after a little while other sites started enjoying it, and now it's reddit and was never liked on here
And the wheel continues spinning

>calling others dumbass
>unironically liking the most casual liked meme character

It's popular, and Sup Forumsntrarians love nothing more than to gobble cocks. The quality of something is always completely irrelevant for why all of Sup Forums hates on something. The whole reee normies board culture has stopped being an ironic joke and is now just actual board culture that stupid people believe in seriously.