New era of Detective Comics Comics

this is the future

Isn't that the tower from Arkham City?

Can't wait til Harley joins the Bat-family.

Gay writers were a mistake.

>0 white males

Oh no, not The Order of St. Dumas!

Clayface

What are you trying to say OP

Are you the guy that gets mad at mad scientists being weird?

the future the future the future

Azrael and Bruce are on the team

Tim is coming back soon

I don't know if Tynion has started to find his legs or if Harper and his versions of Tim and Steph were just obnoxious.

do you guys think in a decade or so when you introduce yourself it will be polite to also ask what pronouns to use?

No, because we'll be an Islamic Caliphate by then and gays will be hanged from lampposts.

Guess he's bothered by the pronoun thing

>what are you preferred pronouns
>tranny doctor
What did they mean by this?

They meant that she's a mechanic cause she's a doctor for a car's transmission
>or tranny if you wil

Clayface's pretty white.

She's clearly making it a joke because she had to ask because she couldn't tell the gender of the monster person

She could've asked it in a less autistic way though. "Are you a male or female?" Is that so hard?

I always take solace in the fact that if the sjws win, they will be the first to get stoned by the islamists they defend so much.

She asked it in a very scientific manner? It's name, gender and species.

What's scientific about asking it's 'preferred' pronouns? That's not asking for it's gender. That's just asking what it prefers to be called! What if it was a tranny monster?! Then she'd have the wrong data!

But then she'd have data on transexualism in the monster community

But she doesn't know if it's a tranny. As a scientist she needs to ask very specific questions!

Okay OP, how would you ascertain how to call a weird furry being when you don't have a clue how its dimorphism works
cause last I checked asking is a pretty effective method

"Are you male or female?"
Asking about "preferred pronouns" is the least scientific way to ascertain anything.

But that assumes that this species of monster has males and females, or only males and females.

>getting upset about pronouns of all things

why the hell should I care about this of all things?

There's literally one those kind of animals on earth. Except for some species that don't mate and give birth on their own, which a are very few. In that case she could ask if it's kind mates to reproduce or if they reproduce asexually.

But this is the DCU, so normal earth biology goes out the window when you have people like Karol in the room.

but how do you know if they even have a gender/sex to begin with, for all she knew dude could've been a herma or some other weird alien
besides it's a starter for an interview

I mean yeah, it could've played better, but it fits a character of a tumblr-tranny doctor and isn't too offensive, ffs her antics took up whole two pages of all DC published, Batgirl's drama queen is much worse in that regard and I like Batgirl

Clayface is white trash incarnated, user.

Not white.

Pretty sure gay writers don't actually give a single shit about taking pronouns seriously.

Not too mention but evil trans doctor is hot as fuck

Not the first time DC has crapped out some Marvel-style shit. It all comes town to how garbage the individual writer is.

Given that transgenders are a very small minority, most people won't ever meet one so no.

How awful!

>ITT, white people problems when reading capeshit

>why is a doctor applying bedside manner

Sup Forums has truly gotten beyond pathetic in its crybaby bitchfits. Why are you such fucking beta snowflakes with the tightest wound sphincters these days?

This seems totally reasonable in context.

And? You going to cry like a little bitch about it for weeks now?

>white people
What does Race have anything to do with this?

No it doesn't, no one in the real world would ask this question unless it was some group meeting of some fringe freaks off the Internet

Well I guess you would know

It's not the real world you ass. It's some mad scientist chick talking to some kind of unidentified furry. In a world of aliens and monsters and shit "how do you call yourself, what pronouns do you use?" are totally reasonable questions.

Now I'm no scientist and I'm no linguist, but I would assume that instead of asking an unknown creature what their pronouns are, it might be better to ask what they identify as. Seems more robust than asking "what do you want other people to refer to you as when they talk about you when you're not around and don't want to use your name?"

Its in character though, if it was Kate, Clayface. or Steph who talks like this then it would read awkward, but its the Tranny Monster doctor who does so it matches with her values.

No. I think my personal electronics will negociate the details on my behalf.

The cutting edge of social justice will have gone to dynamically generated genders and pronouns, much like we have single use credit card approval numbers now.

>what pronouns do you use? Is a normal way to ask what it is

You are infected with the same disease as this "writer"

"I am a floofark, one of the five sexes of my alien people" doesn't tell you what pronoun to use.

In the case of a genetically engineered creature it should do. If we're talking about an alien species there's a whole questionnaire to fill in.

Bah, you know half the reason she asks is because she's hoping he'll whip out multiple, meter-long prehensile penises .

This is why I hate you, America. All these dumb and degenerate things that keep being normalized happened because of you.

>and still the worst DC comic is better than the best Marvel comic
Sad

Only white people care about pronouns

>Abloo bloo bloo muh pronouns

Funny how people love whining about PC culture and how you should be able to say anything you want (i.e. it should be cool for me to insult people with slurs and crass language) but when somebody asks an innocent question about how someone wants to referred by, these same people lose their shit over it, citing degeneracy and mental illness and whateecer else they can think of, and insist there's only one right way to talk of someone. You can't have it both ways.

It's not that, i's some faggot looking for reasons to be angry.

Harley Quinn is in no way, shape, or form better than Ultimates^2

I find she/her hot.

>it's ok if DC does it
JUST

>muh pronouns

I cant believe these special snowflakes actually exist, first world problems at its finest!.

The doctor.

>>What's scientific about asking it's 'preferred' pronouns?
It's called politeness.
Also, artificial monster.

Not-binary sex might result in not-standardised pronouns. If, by example, he had not recognisable sex, the technically correct pronoun would be "it" but it might well be quite not polite.

Why does she looks like the Chloe Bennet?

>I don't read this series

Nigga we have species here on regular Earth where that wouldn't work. For all she knows he's some kind of sexless thing cooked up in a lab, or a one-of-a-kind magic being who has no gender. He might have something that looks exactly like a vagina but it actually turns into a dick for mating.

This is the one situation where asking for pronouns is just a whole lot quicker.

They have to, or at least pretend to, or they'll have to turn in their license to queer by the LGBTQIAZH cartel. Which is already happening anyway.

With Batwoman, Cass, Steph, Harper Row, Luke, and the trans doctor, this is definitely the Captain Planet/Burger King Kids Club of Batman team up books.

Normally you'd have to indicate if you're a male or female on a form before seeing a doctor. Since this is a transgender doctor operating on a humanoid with no obvious gender this actually fits.

I'm still surprised that her first appearance, co-written by Tynion and Bennett, had just a very subtle hint as to her being transgender.

There's no "btw I'm trans" line that can ever be subtle.

That book was extremely disappointing in general. The special snowflake shit was only one of its problems. It's sad because the premise was good and Deadman deserves better.