So, aside from Blue Berry and Jonah Hex are there wild western set comics worth reading?

So, aside from Blue Berry and Jonah Hex are there wild western set comics worth reading?

I don't have an answer for you, OP, but does anyone know if any of the Rawhide Kid's series are worth a read? I was gonna start because he's qt but I've never read a western comic before, and despite liking the movie genre, western comics seem kinda lame and boring.

Yes. Try Ostrander's Blaze of Glory/Apache Skies, Tim Truman's Hawken/Scout, Bat Lash (the DC Showcase and the Guns and Roses minis are good starting points), Daisy Kutter, and I haven't read it yet, but I've heard some good shit about Bouncer.

I'm a fan of the Bat Lash stories DC put out. Picked up the Showcase on a whim and it was very much worth a read.

The early Kirby comics are OK but not great. They're very similar to your classic Westerns where the morality is simple and the hero always saves the day with his gun. But Kirby is a master of exciting storytelling so it's worth the read if you are interested in the character or just want some old fashioned Western action.

I don't think I could enjoy Rawhide Kid. Not into the whole gay cowboy aspect.

This looks rad, thanks.

the Dark Tower comics have their moments.

Is it scanned? No local comics store and I can't seem to find it online.

No one mentioning 6th Gun?

What's it about?

I've been enjoying this but it's really a 50/50 blend of western / scifi.

Oh and it's Image so after three years we're finally hitting issue #15.

The Bouncer series written by Alejandro Jodowosky

High Moon

The Guns of Shadow Valley

These, plus Severin's Rawhide Kid and Bat Lash mini-series, and Joe Kubert's Tex, The Lonesome Rider.

Bat Lash mini series? By who?

Plenty, but most of them are only available in non-mongrel langauges. Sorry.

There was like, a full year between issue #10 and #11 I think. Such a damn long wait.

John Severin, Sergio Aragones and Peter Brandvold.

Been seeing a lot of space-westerns recently: Copperhead, East of West, and Lawless.

I love classic Rawhide Kid, hell, I'll read any of the old Marvel Westerns. I don't even mind Rawhide being gay, but I hated the fuck out of swishy let's-listen-to-Judy-Garland-sing-showtunes-and-paint-our-toenails stereotype gay.

tex and shit, go look for the italians.

Bouncer, by Jodorowsky & Boucq was pretty good.
Some western ones in Les Tuniques Bleues, but the comics is more centered on the secession war

Garth Ennis Ghost Rider Trail of Tears. Its western horror