Preview clips from AX surfaced for Castlevania's Netflix series, this shit comes out this Friday

Preview clips from AX surfaced for Castlevania's Netflix series, this shit comes out this Friday.

Intro:
youtube.com/watch?v=dzkJ_MOZFFg&feature=youtu.be

Trevor vs Cyclops:
youtube.com/watch?v=fxUlQFvE6k4&feature=youtu.be

It looks good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBS_76-Xvr0
amazon.com/Castlevania-Netflix-Original-Trevor-Morris/dp/B0733FXS22
youtu.be/kYfzDiCxDyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's another one with Dracula and Lisa, although it's not as close up as OP's.

youtube.com/watch?v=jBS_76-Xvr0

but when they get to perfect waifu and perfect husbando

I'm sad about no Grant

just these three so far.
He might show up later though.

if the soundtrack titles are in order. and that's all there is. it might just go till shortly after meeting alucard for the first season

So they're going to cover all of Castlevania III in different seasons?

Man it looks so good that I don't really mind that much although I would have loved it if each season was a different game.

That said after Castlevania III what other CV game adaptation would be good?

Back when this was going to be multiple movies, Ellis said he was going to show up in the ones after the first. So he'll probably be in the second season.

no grant no buy

>So they're going to cover all of Castlevania III in different seasons?

it's what i'm guessing from seeing the soundtrack titles

amazon.com/Castlevania-Netflix-Original-Trevor-Morris/dp/B0733FXS22

>Man it looks so good that I don't really mind that much although I would have loved it if each season was a different game.

considering the season apparently won't have many episodes. it might be best to focus on one game.

>That said after Castlevania III what other CV game adaptation would be good?

the most popular picks would be simon's games or symphony.

personally. For me it's pretty much any game where the main character isn't alone for the whole game. prevents too many OCs and makes for easy interaction.

Richter and Maria for Rondo , Jonathan and Charlotte from PoR etc.

>That said after Castlevania III what other CV game adaptation would be good?

The first one?

Could an user please fill my casual ass in on a question? I thought Simon was the name of the lead protagonist. Why is he called Trevor? Father or grandfather? I know nothing about the lore, so pleas excuse my ignorance.

Symphony of the Night seems like the natural progression since Alucard is already involved.

castlevania is a series of games with different main characters.
Trevor is Simon's ancestor and the first to kill dracula. this series is based on his game. castlevania 3

Pretty amazing that the same studio that animated Adventure Time is the one animating this series. Honestly impressed with Frederator.

Simon is the protagonist of Castlevania 1. Trevor is an ancestor of his that killed Dracula years before Simon in Castlevania 3. They probably chose 3 because there are more characters for Trevor to interact with.

I want Frankenstein.

Rondo and PoR would be good since they are good games and there are a lot of characters and material.

SotN you would have to get really creative in certain points although it would be good if you do it after Castlevania III especially that scene where Alucard fights Trevor, Sypha Belnades, and Grant, you can make an emotional scene out of that.

But I would still like to see SotN even Order of Ecclesia since it has a good story.

I would also like to see an adaptation of Aria of Sorrow but that would have to be like the last installment.

Is that a question or a statement?

It is impressive but the animation looks kinda choppy. I was hoping it would be as fluid as young justice.

Thanks anons. Appreciate the info and graphic.

Fuck I want to see that 1999 story, sounds interesting.

I feel like Rondo might be be the way to go. You can introduce Maria and Richter which could lead into Symphony.

I feel I'm the only one who'd love to see a Bloodlines adaptation.

When does this shit come out? Looks dope.

>script by muslim appeasing limey cuck faggot
>pre-DROPPED

Are you all right user?

Ellis talked about this when he was writing it years ago. He just couldn't find a way for it to make narrative sense to have a pirate present in a landlocked nation, but he had some thoughts as to including him down the road a ways.

I'm good. That beardy fat fuck isn't.

Depending on how much of Bram Stoker's Dracula you want to reference, he could have be the captain on the ship Dracula used to pursue Mina and cursed when he was the only survivor.

in the game. you eventually travel on a ghost pirate ship to reach castle dracula. So. they could put him there if they're gonna use that.

also. kinda shows the game creators didn't care much about the landlocked nation part

I want Metroidvania faggots to leave, this is a Trevor thread.

And for the record, ritcher is and will always be a faggot that lost the fucking whip regardless of how good was rondo.

not to mention. that weakness to pie

>Richter
>a faggot
>literally beat the unholy fucking shit out of Dracula the most
>somehow got super Belmont powers and could dragon punch, backflip and item crash

Richter is literally the GOAT.

He lost the fucking whip. He ruined it for other belmonts.

Nice. Looking promising.

>those 2 lonely claps at Warren Ellis
kek

He didn't lose it,he gave it to the Morris clan because he was under the impression that Alucard BTFO'd Dracula forever and he was going to finally live a normal life.

The whip is a fucking curse.

Jonathan gave it back to the Belmonts later anyways.

Action is Korra tier , fuckin nice.

He WAS the Belmont who got a Shaft up his ass, user

Shaft is a wizard though, not a vampire. Leon overspecialized his hateboner and the clan suffered as a result.

You are conveniently forgetting why he ended up giving it. He was controlled so he lost the right to carry it. He is the belmont who failed. Him looking like Ryu may be cool, but his ass had to be saved by alucard

>The intro music is not Vampire Killer.

That is simon theme.

And Leon Belmondo?

Richter doesn't even need the whip to 1v1 Dracula. That's how bullshit Richter is.

If you have the cross you don't need vampire killer either.

That's simon's theme really.

Hopefully we get Simon in a later season though, Conan Belmont a best.

never fought dracula
Also. from a later , not that popular CV game

Castlevania 3 is also the basis for pretty much all failed movies.

if they bring in Simon.
I just hope gets a good design.

Nope, if anything they have to adapt Rondo of Blood first because Richter and Maria, and THEN Symphony of the Night.

There's Order of Ecclesia as well. This one takes place after Symphony of the Night.

that will be a long time waiting

>the audience starts clapping in the middle of the video
The memes are real.

less than week away

>beat Dracula the most
Julius actually killed Dracula and ended the cycle

I beat this game but I don't remember a single thing about it. Why is it always brought up like its amazing when its clearly forgettable?

I hope this reawakens my CV love. I was a huge fan back in the Iga days.
Lent art to so many fan games that, of course, never saw the light of day.

Many games = many Belmont generations. Trevor is Simon's ancestor.

i miss the old art

AYAMI KOJIMA is amazing

And Simon defeated Dracula twice in the jap, 3 times in the Legends/american Canon.

Ritcher has one great thing going in, his theme in Dracula X is fantastic.

Does anyone remember if simon fights Dracula in the Lord of shadows Canon?

>oh no, normies enjoying something

I know, but this seems a bit more cost-effective. Imagine a whole series with her style.

>I forgot about it, so it's clearly forgettable to everybody!

I think Symphony is the perfect followup to a C3 story. You could do Dracula X in between but itd be a bit of a retread of C3 and just and excuse to set up SotN.

If I was doing it Id do SoTN with Dracula X as a prolouge / flashbacks

And I think you should go fuck yourself.

Castlevania should continue where most people want: an opening that includes tall gates, simon and Simon's theme.

Yeah.while i started with CV3.
The DS IGA castlevania games brought me back to the series. Who could have guessed it would end soon after that.

Never cared for the 3D or Lord of Shadow games.

Symphony is without a doubt the most popular CV game, whether you like it or not.

>where most people want
So SOTN.

I think you might be a bit confused on what "most people want" with regard to Castlevania

That's not the old art, that's really good art that sadly helped turn castlevania into a faggot friendly game, good art regardless.

But... The old art was even better

Not anymore, a fine game, but the Metroidvanias lost popularity. 3 is still the best, and both 4 and the sorrow games are topping in both fan lists and pro lists, the lords of shadows shitty games had the positive effect of bringing new kids to the franchise. The problem with sotn is that most people couldn't play the saturn version, and as the years pass the story and game play become less impressive on their own. Alucard remains extremely popular, and the game is still praised, but don't pretend it's still the early 2000's. Ritcher it's not even the most autistic choice of a belmont, now it's all about Julius. I want rondo of blood too, but not before simon gets his time. CV3 has been the setting of all Hollywood attempts at the IP. The last time it was supposed to have both Trevor and Simon. Something similar at what we got in mirror of Fate

Simon Belmont trumps Ricther any day.
>killed Drac twice
>survived a 7 year death curse
>by himself

It's canon that Maria saved Ricther's life in the battle of 1791 and had to be rescued by Alucard years later.

So does this show have the classic Castlevania tunes or is the score original?

Seems kind of dumb to waste some of the best vidya soundtracks in history.

Hopefully they base it on the NES boxart.

Yes, he killed Dracula in Mirror of Fate.

Such a waste the best redesign of Simon is trapped in a self contained trilogy.

>No Magical Powers
>No Help
>Just the Whip, Skill & guts

Simon is the best Belmont.

yes in mirror of fate

None of Simons games have any potential for story outside Simons Quest.
Is that what you want? A Simons Quest adaptation?

Fuck off, hes only in three games and one is a remake

/ourguy/

Actually, its 9 games

All of that sounds pulled out of your ass.

>No potential

>Being asked by scared villagers to help them even when they are almost as afraid of you
>alone in the fucking castle, silence, terror shit, feeling alone as you go deeper inside, spooky monsters watching from the shadows
>FINALLY fighting Dracula, just to be cursed and spend years drifting
>fighting Dracula again after a whole new adventure ending with a long fight, and just when Dracula is about to die fucking Simon's theme
Yes. That's what I want, a season with one silent episode and that focus of at least two of his adventures and how the villagers hated him and he just doesn't give a fuck. I don't want quips, Trevor season is all the love I want, and I want to see simon killing spooky stuff.

Kek, I loved him.

I REALLY hope Konami stops being shits long enough for Simon to get into Smash Brothers 5.

Maybe Nintendo can work a deal out with DIC to get the rights to use Captain N too (Palutena is a good enough stand-in for Lana.).

Saw the trailer a bit ago, looked okay, might check it out, but regarding the poster there, is Dracula modeled off of Danny Trejo?

just be glad they didn't go with the art style and character design of Castlevania Judgement.

maybe with bomberman being a success and if this series is good. They might get some interest in Castlevania again...

at least enough to let others like smash use the IP

Yeah, snake doesn't deserve to be in. I even take Christopher over snake.

Fun fact that will trigger the ritcher fanboy. Only Christopher, now Trevor and Simon are Sup Forums.

Dont you dare count LoS and the fucking fighting game.

Judgment was fun

It's a shame castlevania 64 was so shitty and that the sequel while pretty good needed the expansion pack. The designe was pretty good and the characters were refreshing. Playing as a werewolf was a cool idea.

No Soma = no buy

>implying those games weren't kino.

>he doesn't like judgment

youtu.be/kYfzDiCxDyA

Not only it was fun but watching Simon fighting alucard in the intro is great. I don't get why so many get mad at the terrible designe of the characters, after all is not that different from what castlevania fans felt when Metroidvania got the Kojima look. The game was fun.

The developers were wanting it to be so much more. Konami made them rush it out for a holiday release. They shipped the game in a incomplete buggy mess.

Legacy of Darkness fixed most of the issues but was too little too late.

yeah. wish it was better.
some interesting ideas and carrie had a cute design.

Every Castlevania fan has wanted a game where you play during the war of 99 but since konami rebooted castlevania and has pretty much stopped making games we will never get it.

The art in Judgment wasn't bad, however the costume design is way too over the top. To the point where most characters are unrecognizable.