Untitled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDFu9ZZjVqg
youtu.be/JWmIL4cBFyA?t=54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fans complained about that the critics complained about the shit plot and direction.

That family could have easily avoided Zod's beam, or Superman could have easily floated up a few feet so they could escape. Shit writing is shit, user.

Where was this autism when a Batman left Ra's to die in Begins? Or when Batman killed a fuck ton of people in BvS?

Still doesn't solve the problem of having an incredibly powerful and pissed off supersoldier destroying the rest of humanity.

>When you're getting so destroyed in comics, animation, video games, tv and now movies with WW that all you have left is to try and shitpost about a 4-year old movie.
I hope WW gets an Oscar. It'd be the icing on the cake.

>Can't so much as bruise one another
>Suddenly for DRAMA, capable of insta-kill with bare hands.

Batman's no kill rule is fucking stupid.

>its a DC fags still try to argue that bad movies are actually good thread

again

And Superman was going to do what, keep Zod in a headlock for rest of eternity?

Snyderverse Superman intends to kill all of his dangerous superhuman villains.
Another six movies with Luthor then?

Damn...

people did hate that in BvS you just didn't hear as much about it because there is so much more to hate about that movie than just Batman slaughtering people

I mean people also threw a lot of shit at that too user, Batman has been a murderer in all of his live action portrayals. Mr. Sunday Movies did a Batman kill count video and supposedly Zack Snyder looked at that and said oh it's okay for Batman to kill because he's done it before

>Or when Batman killed a fuck ton of people in BvS?

But you see the autism about that all the fucking time because people can't comprehend it's not meant to be Batman at his best, it's him at his worst, holding by a thread from descending into pure villainy.

Zod was filled with despair at the loss of Krypton and everything he held dear.
Superman might have KO'd him, took him somewhere remote and tried to reason with him.

But who am I kidding, Cavillman is a turbo autist who can't talk to people.

Literally hundreds of people have already died as a direct result of Superman and Zod's fight, as confirmed by BvZ, why is Superman suddenly concerned by this one dumb as shit family?

>WW
You mean the generic shit that's only getting nearly the praise it is because of the female lead and 'muh empowerment?'
Just look at this shit

>reason
>with a zealot
There's patience and then there's wasting time.

Yes. And it's going to outgross GotG2's domestic. The posts on that day are going to be incredible.

I love the autism revolving Batman's no-kill ruke. If you know anything about martial arts, you know that one punch KOs basically can give you brain damage, and the type of beatings Batman gives to criminals on a regular basis require them to have massive injuries that could be life threatening. Same thing applies to car crashes with the Batmobile.

But nobody ever brings this up because it's easier to whine about more inane shit that fails to adhere to cartoonish violence rules.

>Parents murdered in front of him
>Decides to devote his existence to preventing anyone from suffering as he does, brings villains alive to face justice.
--
>He and employees ignore alien invasion warning and go about work as usual
>Employees killed in battle for humanity's survival
>Becomes villainous psychotic bent on killing other vigilantes.

Snyderfags will defend this to the death.

this was a goat scene, although, the slow more irritated me

Probably cause he doesn't want people killed and is trying to save them.

this scene gave me goosebumps

Or maybe Snyder could've shown Superman showing the tiniest bit of concern for all the people in the city.

Show him desperately trying to save people but Zod won't let him. Or every time he tries to save someone Zod starts wrecking even more shit. Show us his desperation, make him fucking PLEAD with Zod to stop or take the fight somewhere else.

But of course Snyder is a fucking hack and would prefer Superman to come off as an uncaring dick so he can have an extra 3 minutes of super cool explosions.

>might've
He just spent like 30 minutes trying to do just that and thought He did only for him to pop back up a ok.
There's nothing really autistic about ending a fight that could kill tons of people rather than continue it in hopes of a long shot solution.

This is a comic book universe where you can use rockets and heavy autocannons and not inflict casualties on bystanders tho.

Maybe he shouldn't have slammed Zod through all those buildings then.

He was barely keeping up with Zod as it is, but somehow he's just going to be able to KO a military man with way more martial arts training? 'kay.

The family is there to remind retards like you that if Zod isn't stopped permanently, people would keep dying. It was a device to indicate there was no other option but to kill him.

He also literally committed genocide against his own people because "krypton had its chance!"
Don't try to terraform Mars or anything to revive your dead race, just fuck those guys.

zod wasn't directly targeting humans UNTIL that scene.

superman only learned of the casualties afterwards.

>Show him desperately trying to save people but Zod won't let him.
Oh you mean like he did in Smallville?
>Or every time he tries to save someone Zod starts wrecking even more shit.
Right, like that scene in Smallville.
>take the fight somewhere else.
So would that play like exactly how it did in the film?

Yes, slamming Zod through skyscrapers in the middle of downtown Metropolis will clearly not result in any collateral damage.

Well memed

I had no problem with the cities destruction honestly, it was everything else that was dumb. The only thing that bothered was if Zod killing a family is enough for Superman to kill Zod then why didn't Superman just kill him earlier when the entire city was getting raped.

>superman only learned of the casualties afterwards.

>Entire building collapsing
>Huge explosions everywhere
>Have super hearing and vision
>Didn't realize people were getting hurt
So he's a retard?

Were you just not on the internet when Batman Begins came out? I remember Batman fans talking HUGE amounts of shit about that scene. People fucking hated it, they thought it was a betrayal of Batman's character. So where were you?

>He was barely keeping up with Zod as it is,
Zod, Faora and Nam-ek were completely incapable of harming him, as was shown exhaustively
but somehow he's just going to be able to KO a military man with way more martial arts training? 'kay.
Literally what his lab-rat Father does in the film's opening act.

>I'm too stupid to understand a basic character arc in the movie

This is why nobody takes you people seriously.

>So he's a retard?
Let's be honest, it explains pretty much every odd moment in both movies.

>Don't try to terraform Mars
But he can't physically do that.

>Literally what his lab-rat Father does in the film's opening act.
when Jor-El gets the jump on him?

But I'm autistic about both of those things. Also

>Batfags seeing flaws with their Batgod

Do you guys complain when the exact same thing happens in comic books literally all the time?

Are you mad she didn't turn into Mrs Pac-man?

>Oh you mean like he did in Smallville?
Oh, you mean the town Superman took the fight too?
>like that scene in Smallville.
Why the fuck do you keep using Smallville to justify Superman seeming like an uncaring dick in the Metropolis fight?
>So would that play like exactly how it did in the film?
No. I would have Superman begging Zod to take the fight elsewhere. Zod would tell him to get on his knees, Superman would do it. Zod would just start wrecking people/stuff even more since he sees how much the humans mean to him.

You mean when they're just normal people living under the red sun and Jor-el takes them by surprise?

Yeah, I forgot that Jor-El jumped out of the shadows at Zod in a completely peaceful scene where Zod was in no way antagonistic towards him. Thanks for setting the record straight.

>Batman has been a murderer in all of his live action portrayals.

Post yfw you realize the only Batman movie that he doesn't kill in or angst about his parents in is Batman and Robin.

Jor-el knows all the sciences, including the sweet science.

It's just not focused on in the same way in the comics. The focus is much more on Superman being heroic and saving people, and the death and destruction gets minimized. Whereas Snyder seems to want to focus on all the death and destruction while playing down the shining heroism of Superman.

That was also the movie which producers insisted on being turned into a campy Batman 66 style toyetic flick since Forever and the Burton movies were too dark for kids and they wanted to make money.

You fucking retards have headcanon defended this film for so goddamn long you've literally forgotten the actual movie.

They Krypto-Fu fight for almost a minute.
youtube.com/watch?v=tDFu9ZZjVqg

Pull your heads out of your goddamn asses.

>Oh, you mean the town Superman took the fight too?
But he didn't, Zod did when he showed up at Smallville.

He didn't even try. He basically aborted thousands of possible Kryptonians to spite Zod.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind B&R so much were it not for the fact that it can't tell if it wants to be a kids movie or an adult movie.

Because I'm pretty sure all of the sex jokes Poison Ivy was quipping every five minutes weren't for the kids.

>Zod, Faora and Nam-ek were completely incapable of harming him,
What are you talking about? Nam-ek and Faora haf him on the ropes the whole time and were in complete control of the fight.
Same deal with Zod, superman was just outmatched.

too true, BvS is the best capeshit

Choosing not to save someone is an effective sidestep around Codes Against Killing. Bruce knows his superhero RPs.

Granted, simply handing someone over to a hero without a Code Against Killing is more effective.

Okay, yeah, this is fucking bad. Doesn't the movie set up the idea that Kryptonians are genetically engineered into castes? If Jor-El is a scientist and Zod is a soldier, how the fuck can Jor-El keep up with him in a fight?

Also, can we talk about how Michael Shannon seems to be acting like some sort of monster in this scene? Like, I know Zod is the villain of the movie, but Shannon seems to have been instructed to act in the most unhinged way possible.

>lab rat Jor-el
Jor-el was man of action, coming from a noble family or warrior and conquerors. He was more like Tom Strong or any other science action hero.

>But he didn't
youtu.be/JWmIL4cBFyA?t=54s

They were on the Kent farm. Clark took him directly into Smallville. Killing god knows how many people.

Cause fighting is a science.

Batman fans hated that

If they were going to make it set in the 1910s they could have at least designed her outfit to look like something that would have been designed in the 1910s.

>they were on the kent farm
Yeah, in Smallville. Zod was already in Smallville so therefore the claim that Superman brought the fight to smallville is a false one.

I don't understand why this movie wasn't set in WWII. It clearly wanted to be.

her costume wasn't designed in the 1910s but in Themyscria.

>Zod was already in Smallville so therefore the claim that Superman brought the fight to smallville is a false one
Are you fucking serious? I really hope you're just baiting otherwise you should seriously be tested.

The Kent farm was miles outside of the town proper. Clark took him into the town itself where countless people lost their lives. They were nowhere near the fucking town until Clark took him into it.

Reminder

Seems to me Superman finished the fight in Smallville.

>It clearly wanted to be.

Because of ze germans? Come on, bro.

>this is horrible, i've been doing this for years and gotham's crime has only gotten worse and now the joker has killed robin (even though this is something that had to be confirmed outside of the film's story because writing is hard)
>let's see, how can i possibly make things worse and more challenging on myself
>i know, i'll start killing criminals so that when they die their family members will try to take revenge on me, essentially creating a generation of evil batmans set out to oppose me
>oh but wait, i can't kill the marketable characters with 4 or 6 movie deals in the future, i guess i'll let the joker live even though i've forgone my no kill rule and have abandoned my psychotic obsession with keeping criminals alive in the vain hope that they could be saved and rehabilitated and killing the joker would actually be beneficial to me and gotham as a whole, nah, killing nameless goons for the sake of "cool" action scenes is better
>you know what i'll let killer croc live too. he's not marketable, but he's not gonna do anything
snyderfags will defend this

>superman fighting inside a city is bad
>but it's okay when Pacific Rim robots did it two months later

>Nam-ek and Faora haf him on the ropes the whole time and were in complete control of the fight.
So you don't remember that fight either?
You HAVE seen Man of Steel, right?

Supes and the two of them fight to a stalemate, with no one injured, til Faora eats a missile and their scout ship shows up to beat a retreat.

>The Kent farm was miles outside of the town proper
They're super-fast aliens in a spaceship, miles away from town proper might as well been mere inches away.

Pacific Rim was slow robots fighting literal mindless, building sized monsters. Try again snyderfag

That's a totally different movie

>Well I don't have a real argument so I'll just act obtuse and write shit that has no relation to the movie

>Next I'll use Godzilla to defend MoS

I thought he retired and only came back because Superman.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

What does their speed and spaceships have to do with Clark willfully taking the fight into the town?

Literally drags Zod to a populated area for a brawl

>So you don't remember that fight either?
I do, it was a very good fight scene.
>Supes and the two of them fight to a stalemate
But this is blatantly wrong, Nam-ek and Faora tagteam him then superman briefly got rid of nam-ek, got beat up by Faora and then Nam-ek came back knocking Superman down with a train.
>THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE
>YOUR VERISON IN THE INCORRECT VERISON
>BY ALL MEANS, POST A LINK TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE FIGHT SCENE SO YOU CAN PROVE YOURSELF WRONG

remember when pacific rim made a point to show that citizens had been evacuated to underground bunkers to protect themselves from kaiju attacks. of all the movies you could have chosen, you picked that one? the movie where kaiju attacks had been happening for years and humanity had means to defend themselves against the attacks and protect its citizens? what about star trek into darkness? where the giant fucking starship crashes into a heavily populated city and likely kills hundreds of thousands of people and it's completely glossed over. not even the sequel makes time to mention it, nope, gotta have kirk rock out to the beastie boys again.
>i don't have a counter argument to what i don't even consider to be a real argument with any credibility so i won't even try to dispute it because i'm to intelligent for that

The arguemt is that he brought Zod to smallville with the implication thatbhe brought the fight to smallville but it's the other way around.
>superman didn't bring the fight to smallville
>the fight went to smallville looking for Superman

The idea of a Batman who retires to live peacefully in the better parts of a city still troubled by crime is Goyer's worst contribution to the mythos.
And really, that is saying a lot, as much pure shit as he's tainted it with.

because people would think it's a captain america rip-off.

same problem why we can't have an decent armored dr. doom.

people will think "they ripped off darth vader!"

He didn't retire peacefully. He's miserable, lost almost all faith in his activities doing any good because crime is like weeds. He's semi-suicidal throughout BvS.

Missourifag here, you've clearly never been to Kansas (or Missouri).
Smallville style communities are small blocks of town in the midst of miles and miles of fields, as is actually shown in them movie (and the linked video). Superman plows Zod through miles of empty crop fields, blasts him through a huge silo (to no effect of course) and then through an inhabited Gas Station before dropping him in the only real population center for miles.

Did you watch the fucking video? Superman LITERALLY punched Zod into the middle of the town (killing everyone that was at the gas station)
>the fight went to smallville looking for Superman
Because that's where Superman was after punching Zod there.

Are you seriously fucking arguing this? This is how far Snyderfags have fallen.

>None of them are anywhere near the town proper
>Superman gets angry
>Superman literally punches Zod into the middle of town
>Zod leaves and Faora and the others fight Superman in the town
It's objectively true that Superman took the fight to Smallville. I-It honestly baffles me how you're even attempting to argue what is right there.

>He didn't retire peacefully. He's miserable,
THAT'S WHY HE'S THE FUCKING BAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. No shit you can't "beat" crime as a concept.
>He's semi-suicidal throughout BvS.
Muh Headcanon

Don't underestimate their HEADCANONS

I'm saying that Zod didn't bring an alien war ship and his two best soldiers to Kansas just to search a farmhouse, it's pretty clear that Zod was just gonna Raze a couple cities just to prove he could and he was gonna start with Kal-el's home.

>t's pretty clear that Zod was just gonna Raze a couple cities
Muh Headcanons!

Like the other user said, you have clearly never been to Kansas or any other midwestern state. We have a joke that the town I live in is the 3rd largest city in the state, right behind the capitol and the fucking field next to us.

It's simple logic, Superman didn't bring the fight to Smallville cause guess what? Zod was already looking for him. We already know at this point in the film that Zod was planning to kill humanity.
Ergo
>Superman didn't bring the fight to smallville.

You know how planes go really fast right user? Spaceships go even faster and considering this was a spaceship from an advanced alien race it was probably really fast so no it doesn't matter if Kansas is a big state guess the spaceship can cover that area in seconds.

Yep.
I've been to Plano, IL where Smallville was filmed.
It's a little town of 10,000 or so, and you have to drive 30 minutes on the highway past fields to get to a decent sized city.