Can Superman survive in the Tournament of Power. There will be no sun...

Can Superman survive in the Tournament of Power. There will be no sun. They will feel the gravity of the world they are born on. And flying isn't allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dGHWJyDSXps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd say superman is pretty balanced in this scenario since the only thing any of his opponents have to do is push him off the arena

Since Goku has to be the strongest ever cos of shithead fanboys then no. He'll get pretty far but ultimately get beaten

Can you VS-fags please just die already? You don't actually care about these characters, all you care about is looking up little factoids on wikis and pitting them against each other in imaginary cage matches. Fuck off back to Screwattack and kill yourselves.

You have to throw people out to win now.

>There will be no sun
You are fucking stupid

there is literaly just a huge spot light...

>No sun
Hes fucked. Even with the sun, he'd be fucked.

Superman doesn't need the sun you fucking weeb

No sun means limited heat vision you fucking casual.

The no-flying fucks him a lot, since most of his experience involves flying to some degree.

>this is what weebs actually believe
Please, kill yourself

Superman can probably do fine against most fodder characters, gets clapped low diff by pretty much all the stronk characters, gets stomped by Gods of Destruction, Goku and Freeza.
Giving him access to his normal powers doesn't really change any of that.

Since when Superman doesn't need a yellow sun to have powers? Just curious, I always assumed that was still true.

His body stores the sun's energy.

He keeps his powers without the sun, that guy is a fanboy tho, superman loses his energy from heat vision the fastest, but superstrenght and speed?, that is barely used. Superman usually uses heat vision as his last resource for a good reason.

He does get recharged from the stars reflection of moon or. Other planets but it takes way more time. Hell he can even recharge from far away stars but is slow as fuck and can't replace the energy he loses if he is using heat vision.

That means he can lose the energy right? I think that's what OP meant.

What would DC's Tournament of Power team look like?

Superman, Wonder Woman and the Flash would obviously be on it.

Superman can still use his powers without the Sun, especially if it's only 48 minutes. His flying would be removed but he can still leap pretty high.

But wouldn't 48 minute of pure fighting against lots of people just as powerful as you tire you out?

Flash can solo the Tournament

The Tournament of Power last 48 minutes.

The Rules are
- No weapons or extra equipment
- No non-limb assisted flight
- No Killing
- Opponents are only 'out' if they've been pushed out of the arena entirely, unconscious fighters on the arena floor still count as 'in'
- By the end of the tournament whichever team has the most members still in the arena by the end wins.

With his speed, strength, and durability, Clark would make out pretty well so long as he's conservative. I don't recall any specific calculations associated with Solar Energy Burn-off with Superman, but one could probably guess 20-30 years under Earth's Sun mean he's probably got more than an hour's worth of Full Power stored up.

Since he's not expending energy in flight and probably keeping his other EM Projection abilities (Microscopic, Telescopic, Heat Vision) in check... He could probably go the distance.

But then comes the matter of martial art technique... Which is something that, depending on a writer, can be subjective... Supes might end up being at a disadvantage from outright skilled fighters.

Mandatory Batman

Then you just know the writers would have it look like it ended with DC universe's loss, with Superman looking defeated that he couldn't knock Jiren off or something... only for Batman to step forward and reveal how he had done something at the beginning of the tournament that made them win.

>just as powerful as you
Only universe 7 and 11 have Superman level people. Everyone else is weak

Isn't the rule that you can't use Ki to fly? If you can fly without it then you're allowed so Superman should still be able to fly if he wants.
And Superman doesn't automatically lose all of his strength just because he's not near a sun.It would take god know how long before that happens, certainly not 48 minutes since he'd lose all of his powers anytime he goes into a room with no windows

As an addendum to my "Subjective" mention of Clark's fighting skills.

Some writers consider the fact he was a member of the Legion of Superheroes alongside Karate Kid, and living in a world with Batman.

But with retcons and other nonsense, stuff like this can get lost in the mix.

Not just ki. Anything not involve wings would not let you fly.

>then comes the matter of martial art technique
>Supes might end up being at a disadvantage from outright skilled fighters.
DB characters don't know martial arts.

I like to imagine that Batman probably gave Clark a mandatory training program in hand to hand combat so he wouldn't just be using brute strength. He could probably fight well but he'd probably still be in the bottom tier in the martial arts department at the tournament.
Besides Clark is a pretty smart guy, he wouldn't get bowled over either even not counting his powers

>He could probably fight well but he'd probably still be in the bottom tier in the martial arts department at the tournament.
Wrong

Everyone have Superman level people.

Basil was fucking cleaning shop at the start of the tournament, and he was shown (even with the powerboost) to be unable to take out Buu. Weakest form of Buu too (as he lost the majority of his power when he split).

At best he's slightly below old SSJ3 tier. At worst he's lower than regular old SSJ. Either way he's out of his league. Androids could probably stomp him.

That, or power-levels no longer matter in Super, and Superman has always transcended power-levels.

>cleaning shop
>only able to get one butterfly
>able to fight evenly against the sumo jobber from universe 10
Okay user.

That's basically a slow Midnightering by the scientific method.

Kent's a pretty scary motherfucker when he has to be.

Pretty much everyone except Vegeta, Frieza, Androids and Gods of Destruction (Every non-Cell Z Villian, essentially)has a Martial Arts background, and all of those are world class and used to fighting with rules similar to this

Superman can win with pure brute strength, remember all dragon ball characters are glass cannons, all of them have the same set of powers plus their own gimmicks so they are all pretty much at disadvantage against super sheer invulnerability and raw strength.

Clark spent years underground in Magma during Camelot falls that his cells eventually learned to leech off geothermal energy. Id say it would take days or weeks to drain him of his Solar reserves unless he uses Super Flare.

Only to get btfo once it's revealed he can't use items.

Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Metamorpho
Shazam
Green Lantern
DR.Ligth
Manhunter
Phantom Stranger

Please excuse the crudity of this image, I didn't have time to make it to scale or paint it.

I feel like most of the choices are primarily team synergy, strongest representatives, master fighters and strategist and unique gifts that can increase the modulation of tactics and engagements.

Black Canary for crowd control strikes, Zatanna over other sorcerer choices who're dependent on the use of tools (Helmet of Fate, Constantine's Charms, etc).

Hawkgirl is dependent on if the wings are strap-on or, in the case of the show, part of their anatomy and mostly there because someone with natural flight is a good advantage to have on top of being a decent fighter even weaponless.

Manhunter's psychically helping the team communicate with all the rest of his repertoire.

And Lobo? I feel every team needs an unkillable, determined wildcard in a game of survival that decides the fate of the universe. Lobo would ask for an enormous pay out (A Super Dragon Ball wish is definitely something he'd aim for) and he can't keep doing his job if there's no universe to do it in.

You can make your own of course, or just judge this one, either way's fine.

Green Lantern Ring counts as a tool

No I don't remember all of them are glass cannons. Most of them can handle planet level strikes. And the ones that don't will die and make Superman lose.

>Batman
>in a tournament where he can't use his utility belt or any weapons

I forget, is Lobo one of the guys we class as 'toon powers' (i.e. will win if it's funny enough)?
If so, it might be slightly unfair to put him in anything

You know somebody else who completely understands the exact capabilities of his teammates and commands respect in strategic choices and moves while remaining capable of on the fly thinking on par with superhumans?

Because it's more than just the belt we need, my dude.

(I did say my choices were primarily team synergy related, didn't I?)

Not really, even by the end of Z Majin boo got destroyed by his own planet busting blasts. Cell, the one that actually took bullets point black instead of catching them got half of his body disintegrated by a Kame Hame Ha that could blow up the earth, even Beerus clained to have felt an itch when that bullet striked him. And those are the porcelain guns, the worst glass cannons are the saiyans as a whole of course Broly not being able to survive lava with his nude skin for example.

Oh so you're a troll. Okay.

The androids shouldn't be allowed to compete either, IMO. they are also part machine which counts as a weapon.

There's a team of fucking robots from one universe, at least 3-5 cyborgs, so there's gotta be some weird flexibility here or there.

But the Bat-Belt is an outright exterior tool-kit, it's out.

Why am I a troll if I am telling shit that actually happened? If you can cause way ore damage than you can receive you are a glass cannon.

I guess "cartoons cant be waifus" people aren't trolls because you agree with them?

17# and 18# aren't actually cyborgs. they're genetically altered super soldiers. the only mechanical parts they had were the self destruct bombs and shenron removed those.
japanese just uses the word jinzoningen to refer to any kind of unnatural human

I'm trying to put together a Marvel team for this and realizing just how many of the best characters depend on some form of equipment for the breadth of their capabilities.

Cap, no shield.
Thor, no Mjolnir
Spidey, no web shooters
Tony's right out.

Then you look to The Inhumans, the various X teams, The Fantastic Four, and there's an embarrassment of riches but lesser accomplished figures.

So a total preliminary 10-man sortie off the cuff

01) Mr. Fantastic
02) Invisible Woman
03) The Thing
04) The Human Torch
05) Namor
06) Hercules
07) Archangel (The state of his wings seem to keep changing and I've lost track)
08) Wolverine
09) Iron Fist
10) Venom (there's enough time's he's a good guy)

Like I said, just first though choices that I feel can absolutely be improved.

17 and 18 are essentially inseparable from the mechanical upgrades, so they don't really count. Plus, there's actually fucking robots and shit.
Everyone stronger than 1st form Freiza is a planet buster, which means everyone other than Yamcha by the time Android 19 shows up, but there's a difference between just fighting and actively going out of your way to blow up the planet in Dragon Ball. In general everyone's durability to physical/ki/magic attacks is the same as their destructive power, and movement speed scales somewhat linearly with that, but combat speed doesn't, that's its own thing.

Batman and Martian manhunter were always an amazing team, coordination of the team at the speed of thought is a huge plus.

Even Master Roshi can blow up a moon.

It's my understanding that the Tournament of Power is made up of the strongest beings in their respective universes. So...

- The Flash
- Superman
- Martian Manhunter
- Parallax
- Lords and Agents of Chaos and Order (Nabru and Ordru, most likely)
- Kismet
- The Anti-Monitor
- Krona
- Mr. Myxptlk
- Eclipso
- Decreator
- Michael Demiurgos
- Spectre
- Lucifer Morningstar
- The Presence (AKA, God Himself)

This is only fan assumption without actual proof, OK Broly incapable of resist lava is movie shit, but, if the other scenes I mentioned are in the manga they are cannon and proof their physical resistance is very low compared to any superman-like character.

>No red sun radiation
>No kryptonite
I imagine his years of solar absorption would deplete very slowly without these two factors, especially if he won't be flying. Comic krypton's gravity wouldn't be much of a hindrance on a regular strong guy let alone Supes

Superman would eventually run out of stored energy after a few big fights.

If there is a yellow or (preferably) blue sun around he's prolly win it all.

Yeah, high temperature is their weakness that's why a plasma or laser gun affected goku.

Super Cosmic tier's not allowed.

That's why the Kais and Gods of Destruction aren't allowed to fight themselves... Also you're just bein' silly thinking Myx would give a shit about a lower order of existence being erased.

Do you know how SUPERMAN'S powers work?

Mr. Fantastic can get pretty crazy when he actually focuses on his powers, almost as much as Plastic Man

>no batgod
get out of here.

youtube.com/watch?v=dGHWJyDSXps

Just for fun.

What's the cutoff for "cosmic tier"? Because that might preclude Wonder Woman or Shazam, for example. Clearly there's at least some allowance for "godly power", given that Vegeta and Goku are both more-or-less deities at this point.

Phantom Stranger wouldn't fight.
And I love the guy, but he'll just stand there and be cryptic as fuck and then fuckoff.

Switch in Lobo.

That's Reed on the right there, mimicking an alien that just arrived during a F4 Family Camping Trip.

One of the very first things we see WAAAAYYY back in the original Dragon Ball is kid Goku, getting shot point blank by Bulma in the forehead, and being just fine (well, it hurts a little bit, but he's obviously not dead or dying, which is not typical for someone just shot in the head). I think Daishenzuu 7 pegged his power level at like 10 at that point? Something like that. In any event it happened in both the manga and the anime, so it's fully Toriyama-approved canon.

I think Goku also once got shot a few times by a cop (again, as a kid), and was just fine as well.

It's quite likely that they only catch bullets to a) show off their speed, and b) in the case of a hero character, to ensure no ricochets that might harm innocents.

I said "Super Cosmic"

Which basically means they either keep shit running in their universes or have the ability to directly effect the functioning of the cosmos they inhabit with great scale implications.

If you can re-order an entire galaxy by standing over it and moving your hands, you probably don't get to play.

Diana and Shazam might be avatars of deific tier abilities and powers, but they themselves have a limited direct effect on their respective universe.

Where as a number of 'individuals' you named are exactly the sort of reality fudging wingnuts who'd use entire galaxies in a game of frisbee golf.

The dbz universe only has four galaxies, fucking casual

Yeah I think you should really stop. No one's getting fooled here.

Because in the end Saiyans have tough bodies but are still space kung-fu people with enormous quantities of Ki, there is other races with better, stronger bodies in dragon ball.

Also, if the laser blast scene is in the manga is cannon, then maybe Broly not surviving lava could also be.

>Vegeta??

they dont learn martial arts in sayin millitary?

This only proofs that Ki increase is not directly proportional to physical resistance, he trained his body to be resilient and he never says how.

Remember the rock Krillin threw at Goku's head? he was not using his ki to block it yet he was a SSJ so even with a high Ki his body is the same unless he focuses it to cover his body or catches the incoming projectile/blast..

Basically his physical resistance is the same as an adult that that of a child, we have never seen him train to increase it.

we also saw that apache dude who tao paipai killed completely flex off small arms fire, and he wasn't even someone with connections to a mystical martial arts master like the turtle hermit the way goku was

Tao Pai Pai, in turn, is horribly mutilated by a grenade.

wrong

So is frieza a good guy yet?

>His flying would be removed
debatable. His flying comes naturally from his race.

North, South, West and east.

> end of Z Majin boo got destroyed by his own planet busting blasts.
Buu is known for just tanking hits instead of trying to not get hurt because he knows that he'll survive just like every other character in DB that can regen

>Cell, the one that actually took bullets point black instead of catching them got half of his body disintegrated by a Kame Hame Ha that could blow up the earth,
Same as above, he also willingly got hit by Final Flash, an attack that also had to potential to blow up earth, and lost his arm because he new it wasn't shit to him

>even Beerus clained to have felt an itch when that bullet striked him.
He's also the same person that can tank hits that shake the whole universe.

Superman
Batman
Flash
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Doctor Fate
Black Adam
Firestorm
And that's what takes to DC universe to destroy the rest.

Sorry, of a *child Goku* bullets do not pierce but they definitely are felt and depending on the caliber even do a bit of damage.

It does say no non-limb assisted flight, but then that seems to come from the assumption that unless you have wings, you can only fly through Ki.

It seems like a silly rule in any event, though, since in either case I'm pretty sure every single one of the contestants is still capable of leaping literally miles into the air if they want. Superman, certainly, would be able to.

>No sun means limited heatvision
Let me guess, you got all your knowledge from DeathBattle

Heat vision doesn't dampen his energy reserves more than any other power.

Green Lantern can't compete since weapons or other items aren't allowed (unless they're physically part of you, vis-a-vis Androids 17 and 18).

That is the definition of a glass cannon you dweebus. if they were a cannon-cannon (???) they would take that damage directly and survive, trying to avoid being hurt by them is what makes them glass cannons, it means they can deal way more damage than the one they can resist, it was coined by Sir Reginald Glass Cannon in 1859, University of Calcutta, India .

Happy 4th of July weebs!

bullshit then the other universe who is mostly robots should be banned altogether.

>they would take that damage directly and survive
They do you fucking retard, both Cell and Buu survived those attacks. Their regeneration is a part of their ability to tank, it's the same thing as taking the attack without being hurt like you're talking about.

>>
Right, then I'd switch him with a Guardian of the Universe.
I assumed that they could fly because it was their nature, not because of wings. But I can be wrong.

Not like Goku, the guy who never received any training in martial arts whatsoever.

retconed in dbo