GREEN LANTERN CORPS Adds Rupert Wyatt

Rupert Wyatt ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") has reportedly been lined up to direct GREEN LANTERN CORPS. The movie has been described as "LETHAL WEAPON in Space" and centers on a veteran Hal Jordan in his mid-40's mentoring a rookie John Stewart in his early 20's.

comicbookmovie.com/green_lantern/green-lantern-corps-rumored-to-be-lining-up-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-rupert-wyatt-to-direct-a152176

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/881991692823314432
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>veteran Hal Jordan in his mid-40's mentoring a rookie John Stewart in his early 20's
I don't know. Was Hal ever really a mentor to John? Never read much Silver age stuff. A buddy cop relation would have worked better imo.

>buddy cop relation would have worked better imo.
Well look at Lethal Weapon

A big part of the best buddy cop dynamics is a difference in age and experience

It's funny because I usually picture Stewart as the stoic veteran and Hal as the young hotshot.

Kylefags utterly annihilated.

So the Hal theory can actually come to fruition?

The experienced, yet goofy mentor sided with the more straight laced student is a more fun dynamic.

That's true. It can definitely work. My issue is just this . I never really pictured John needing Hal to mentor him. Even though he came onboard later, the two always seemed to treat each other as equals. Again, I never read early issues with John, so I don't know if things were different back then.

>described as "LETHAL WEAPON in Space" and centers on a veteran Hal Jordan in his mid-40's mentoring a rookie John Stewart in his early 20's.
An older, more experienced white dude mentoring a rookie black dude? Sounds more like "Men in Black" in space.

Figured as much. Hal's probably going to hand over his sector to John which will allow him to join the Justice League and focus on just Earth based threats.

this

john is a military man, he needs a little training with the ring, but he can follow the corps and has the discipline

and half that shit comes from killowog, so it'll be like basic training for him all over again

old Hal is stupid, he should be in his 30s, closer to clark's age, that way if they ever do go decide to do dawn/twilight it'll be based when the actor IS in his 40s

I'll show you how it's done!
*gets knocked out*

Nah, Hal wasn't that much of a mentor since
A. John only got the ring if Hal was unconscious so John didn't know Hal was the main GL
B. When John did become earth's GL, it was the same time Hal quit (around COIE) to be with Carol.

John did act like a hotshot at the time instead of the stoic "DID I EVER TELL YOU ABOUT THAT TIME I WAS IN THE MUHRINES"

Isn't Armie Hammer playing Hal? He is only 30 so the 40 year old Hal doesn't seem to fit.

What if they're going for older Hal so they can get Nathan Fillion

this looks like a reverse lethal weapon. In lethal weapon danny glover was the black old cop and gibson was the young white cop.
this probably will be veteran white cop (with a stick through his ass and nothing like hal jotdan) and a black young/rookie cop (full of black people gag aka chris rock or chris tucker or whatever black actor who acts like them at the moment and is nothing like john stewart).

Probably will be a success because normies donĀ“t have much idea how Jordan or Stewart are suppose to be and they love reversed lethal weapons movies like Cop Out, Rush hour, Showtime or Hard Way.

also what said, Men in black is another reversed lethal weapon movie.

Probably in a flailing attempt to try and patch up the damage done by the last GL movie.

Kyle and Guy space idiots would be more fun, especially with occasional appearances by John as the ex-military guy who takes everything too seriously.

>Isn't Armie Hammer playing Hal?

Nope.

>GREEN LANTERN CORPS/RUPERT WYATT UPDATE 2 - Sorry folks, looks like it might not happen. What the hashtag show is saying isn't accurate. RT

twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/881991692823314432

>Justice League show made it so John actually is going to get a movie

He's the most boring lantern.

Welp, nothing to see here then. Back to our regularly scheduled shitposting.

>Most boring Lantern
>Not Baz or Hal or Kyle or Alan

>Hal Jordan in his mid-40's
So since Nathan Fillion had his scene cut in GotG2, can he be Hal now?

>yfw it's Kevin Hart

>Kevin Hart
he pretty much is the new rock/tucker so...
Great cast for old Jordan

>no Guy
>John is probably going to be "angry black guy" like in his first few appearances
>that much age difference between them
Eh.... I won't right it off just yet, but I got a bad feeling. On the plus side, we might get some Katma.

It'll be based Keith Stanfield

Literally a top 20 actor right now

I wonder if they're doing older Hal so they can do Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour and Final Night later on.

This! So much this!

I hope they'll eventually build up to Guy, Kyle, Simon and Jessica.... oh, who am I kidding, I just was cute and hot Jessica because she's my waifu.

I love him in Atlanta.

I want the antagonist to be Atrocitus and The Manhunters

>New GL movie is "LETHAL WEAPON in Space"

Sign me the fuck up

They should establish more corps, but are they going to make the Guardians pure evil like in the comics.

>"LETHAL WEAPON in Space"
So this time the black one is young and irresponsible while the white one.... ok, wise and responsible doesn't really fit Hal.

If they do Atrocitus and The Manhunters, they can establish that The Guardians are a bag of dicks and, have Sinestro abandon the corp, and then have Sinestro Corps War in the sequel

>By the book rookie paired with loose cannon mentor
>in space

I can fucking dig it.

>Nathan Fillion
>typing like this

End your life you colossal underage faggot