What is with the Rick and Morty hype...

What is with the Rick and Morty hype? I think the show is fine and all but I can't understand how people obsess over it and act like it's the most intelligent cartoon to date. There are tons of animated films and shows from the US that have had good writing and animation. And Rick and Morty is not the only Adult Swim show in the universe to be smart and intelligent and use witty comedy. I am not saying Rick and Morty is trash but the show seems in some ways dirt average to me. I can't understand how this show gets so hyped up to be the most praised Adult Swim show on the planet meanwhile Venture Brothers gets put on hiatus and Korgoth of Barbaria never even gets aired after its pilot. Rick and Morty just has similar ideas to Futurama but with a different setting and story. Both talk about atheism and science, both have existential crisis characters, both are full of alcoholism, both shows have jokes pertaining to stupidity or stupid people, both shows have a main character that is selfish and self destructive, and both shows have sitcom like aesthetics where two main characters live together but argue and can't stand each other. The humor feels average to me but Rick and Morty doesn't feel all that unique or creative to me. I loved Morel Oral and Lucy Daughter of the Devil and Frankenhole for their really fun and unique animation and great original jokes but who knows? Maybe I have shit taste in cartoons or AS shows because the whole world worships this show for some reason and I have seen all 3 seasons of Rick and Morty and I just think its kind of okay but not that great.

GIVE ME A R

You sure put a lot of effort into not giving a shit.

tl;dr
anyway I'm super hyped for s3

Season 1 was hilarious, season 2 was good, season 3 started terrible.

The comics are trash.

y-you're trash!

It's not that I don't give a shit about Rick and Morty in some ways it seems good but the animation kind of looks average and the jokes and writing in it seem kind of okay but not as good as Futurama. The animation just doesn't really appeal to me in terms of animation style and the jokes in it seem kind of like jokes that have been put into other shows already. Frankenhole was a scifi animated series with really funny and orginal almost monty python like jokes in it. Korgoth was gorey but had a fun art style to its animation that gave it really cool dark tones. Superjail was psychedelic and trippy and the animation was really vivid and colorful and full of cool optical illusions and patterns. Rick and Morty the characters have average eyes, average round heads and average stick limbs like the oblongs. The jokes are not not entirely bad but the whole drunk guy goes on destructive self loathing rampage was done in Bojack Horseman and was done slightly better. Granted Rick and Morty is not 12 oz. Mouse cringe. The animation has some effort put to it and the jokes are okay but Morty's whiny voice and Ricks constant gruff voice make the voice acting in the show seem unpleasant at times and the humor just doesn't resonate with me like Futurama does. A part of me maybe feels like Rick and Morty is trying to fill Futuramas shoes but it can't.

Didn't see the comics but I saw the Doc and Marty web series that inspired the show. Wew lad. Rick and Morty certainly looks much better than the Doc and Marty cartoon web series that thing looks like a train wreck.

TL;DR? I literally only wrote a small paragraph.

stale pasta

why do you keep writing these long ass paragraphs? no one cares about your autistic opinion, and no one is gonna read all of that

If you can't read what is only a small ass line of 4 sentences in a small paragraph maybe you have autism.

>small
I don't even have ADD but your fucking posts made me feel sorry for those guys, because I'd rather kill myself than read more than three sentences on Sup Forums

maybe you should format it better

What's wrong with reviewing a show in a small paragraph? What is wrong with analyzing something and looking at it? Why is that such a problem? Why all this rage? You seem mad.

I could I guess space out the sentences would that help?

Truth be told I think Rick and Morty is not the worst thing in the world.

I just can't understand how people obsess over this show and act like its the messiah of Adult Swim.

Then when someone criticizes this show as "Not being that good." They get bombarded with insults.

aah that's much better honestly

>I just can't understand how people obsess over this show and act like its the messiah of Adult Swim
Some people are dumb. Welcome to humanity. People obsess over everything.

>Then when someone criticizes this show as "Not being that good." They get bombarded with insults.
Maybe it's time for you to stop arguing with idiots. While you're at it, probably learn how to make a noose, so you can hang yourself and give me one less idiot to respond to on Sup Forums.

I'm disappointed. Rick and Morty had a few episodes which reached Futurama levels of cleverness like the scammer aliens trying to get Rick's secrets for the portal gun and the light speed fuel.

After that it turns into South Park garbage, the best example being the slice of life episode where they just stare at the alternate dimension tv watching garbage with no main plot, nothing interesting to it..
That episode could have been good, if the creator wasn't a retarded fan of South Park and didn't have a horrible taste in jokes and ideas.

Futurama did a much, much better "what if" episode, they did it twice, hell thrice. While Rick n Morty was stuck inserting Garfield and talking about who's voicing Garfield.

All these flavors and yet you choose to be salty.

>south park garbage
>shit talking the interdimentional cable episode

>Reddit spacing

>le REEEdit an Meemermue! meme
you have to go back son.
Sup Forums isn't the "bitch about shit on redit without getting down voted" lounge.

this show is shit b/c every other line outta rick is the writers trying to make a meme

>u mad
My home has spent the last ten years degenerating into something indistinguishable from Facebook. U goddamn right I mad.

>my home
Then you should either get a new home or just deal with it faggot. No one legitimately respects your so called internet "culture". It's a blight on humanity. It's irrelevant. It's just there to pass time. Fuck you.

Underage please go.

I agree and I don't know how I feel about season 3 episode 1. In some ways it felt disappointing.

In a way it was just Morty telling Summer how bad Rick is on his adventures and Morty losing faith in Rick and how bad and selfish he gets.

The one episode that stood out the most to me was the unity episode where Morty and Summer think it is wrong for all these people on a planet to think the same even though Rick has no problem with it.

In some ways the Unity episode was about communism but in other ways it was about how even if people did all think exactly the same while it would be a perfect utopia it would a society difficult to manage.

I did think the scammer aliens episode.

can't we ever have a normal Rick and Morty thread without autistics or waifufags lusting over morticia? it would be nice

The interdimensional cable episode was pretty boring what was so funny or interesting about them seeing TV shows from other dimensions? How is that creative? The only good part was the end where Jerry fixes his marriage with his wife when he sees his TV self in that universe being unhappy .

Wish it focused more on wacky adventures that didn't hinge on preachy bullshit. That's all that I want. Throw in another imrov tv episode and we're golden.

I agree to that the show does do that tfw to intelligent too much when honestly the wacky adventures make it better and not the pseudo intellectual bullshit they shove into it.

O!

You dumb, stupid, weak, pathetic, white, white... uh-uhh... guilt... white-guilt, milquetoast... piece of human garbage, how dare you disrespect that episode

I admit that is annoying but I don't care about the morticia posting. I just honestly wish the show was funnier or more interesting than it has turned out to be in the past. Season 3 is a letdown.

What is with the Rick and Morty hate? I think the show is fine and all but I can't understand how people obsess over it and act like it's the most overhyped cartoon to date. There are tons of animated films and shows from the US that have been popular or had a lot of hype. And Rick and Morty is not the only Adult Swim show in the universe to be popular and have an active or obnoxious fanbase. I am not saying Rick and Morty is gay but the show seems to awaken some desire in me. I can understand how this show gets so hyped up to be the most praised Adult Swim show on the planet, meanwhile this homo erotic urge in my grows. Rick and Morty just has similar ideas to Futurama but with a different setting and story, and characters, and tone, and humor. I guess what Im saying is they are both sci fi cartoons. Both shows have tropes that have been used in media before and are continued to be used today, but I decided to pick out my favorites. Both talk about atheism and science, both have existential crisis characters, both are full of alcoholism, both shows have jokes pertaining to stupidity or stupid people, both shows have a main character that is selfish and self destructive, and both shows have sitcom like aesthetics where two main characters live together but argue and can't stand each other. The humor feels homo-erotic to me but Rick and Morty don't personally get me going. I loved Morel Oral and Lucy Daughter of the Devil and Frankenhole for their really fun and unique animation and great original jokes but who knows? Maybe I have to much time on my hands to watch 3 seasons of a show that makes me question my sexuality and then write out all this shit. Maybe I'm just as obsessed with this show as the people who love it. Maybe I'm obsessed with dick.

GO BACK

It's a decent show floating in a sea of absolutely dogshit shows, making it stand out more than it probably deserves.

>season 3 is a letdown
IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING OUT YET

>I can't understand how people obsess over it and act like it's the most intelligent cartoon to date.
I never see this, rather, I see people putting a lot of effort on pretending that other people like the show for brownie points with those who also dislike it.

It's like some weird circlejerk thing where nobody actually cares about the show, but a bunch of faggots sit in the corner pretending they are special for not liking it.

tldr

Venture Bros. > Rick and Morty

>In some ways the Unity episode was about communism but in other ways it was about how even if people did all think exactly the same while it would be a perfect utopia it would a society difficult to manage.
Either I missed something in that episode or you are not remembering it like I am. The people don't "think" exactly the same, they ARE exactly the same person - Unity is essentially playing with dolls. The one time everything goes to shit is the time she stops concentrating, which is less a glaring look at how difficult a utopian society is to to run and more a glance at how people react to a worldwide mind-controlling collective finally loosening its grip on them.

>I think the show is fine and all but I can't understand how people obsess over it and act like it's the most intelligent cartoon to date.
The only people that claim the show is intelligent are the retards that scream R eddit all the time.

LOL FUCJ YOU

Likewise, the only ones who scream it's pseudo-intellectual are the ones who don't actually watch it. Why do people think the fact that Rick is smart means he's automatically supposed to be looked at as right 100% of the time, even when the show goes out of its way to point out that this isn't the case? Like big muscles, a big brain isn't something to be blindly followed. He's smart and solves problems that are normally of his own design, that doesn't mean he's not an asshole or even solving problems in a way that's desirable - it just means he's fucking smart.

Typical Sup Forumsntrarian baloney.
Regarding properties that do not acheive mainstream success:
>it's a damn shame "Show X" never caught on, it was great. "Show X" was better than anything on "insert mainstream network here". Those normies don't know what they're missing.
Regarding properties that do achieve mainstream success:
>I thought "Show Y" was good at first but they started pandering to the "insert hated alternative online community here" audience. Now "Show Y" is nothing but normie shill garbage.

Show X ≈ Show Y

worst opinion in the thread

what's yours?

This, the comics are what Sup Forums and everyone that hate the show thinks it is

I don't' want to act special for not liking it in many ways I do like it. I just think the hype for it is well above what it should be. It's an average adult swim show. But I certainly don't hate it. It has good episodes. I think people get too defensive about it though when people criticize the shows flaws however. People jump to its defense too much.

>I just think the hype for it is well above what it should be.
The hype isn't real. It only exists in your mind.

I don't care that Rick is a smart character that fucks up and makes mistakes. I just don't get why he's made to be an asshole all of the time. I like Rick Rick is relatable in many ways to a lot of people he's a good character. But I think his edgy self-destructive behavior is abused on the show too much.

If the hype isn't real why are there dozens of Rick and Morty tshirts everywhere at the mall and a million Rick and Morty posts all over every website imaginable like reddit, tumblr, facebook and twitter and so forth?

I guess that might explain it then. Most tv shows are dogshit currently. Some networks are doing well Samurai Jack and Rick and Morty are AS's most promising shows.

But I hope they get a better lineup. Everything else on there is either bad anime or reruns of old good cartoons that I've watched before.

personally I'm more of a jerry jerry fan myself

Confirmation bias on your part.

I prefer Morty Morty

"Sup Forums meme arrows"

>weaboo identified
go back to Sup Forums

People like it because its a breath of fresh air compared to what AS is publishing rn. Its funny, well made, and somewhat smart.

Tbh would you rather watch Mr.Pickles or this?

Ah yes the obligatory "I disagree with OP so he must have autism or is a faggot" argument to jump to the defense of a cartoon. As expected.

Okay to be fair its better than Mr. Pickles but it still doesn't have the potential of classic AS. Shit like Space Ghost and Venture Bros were the best,. And Harvey Birdman. I miss that shit.

He's not made to be an asshole all of the time - shit like killing King Jellybean or taking Beth and Jerry to marriage counselling, making the effort to hang out with his grandkids, ect. show he's not a complete jackass. The issue is that Rick's nihilistic outlook and reason for his nihilistic outlook are hard to remove from his character, since they shape so much of it. I personally think that makes those moments stand out that little bit more, but I can also see where it is you're coming from.

that era is dead, man. we all miss it but its never coming back. can't spend all year pining for last year's pumpkins, you'll spoil your appetite

I've got blue balls over here waiting for new Rick and Morty, "hype isn't real" my ass

This is Sup Forums, not Reddit Jerry.

what's reddit jerry?

The shock value grows stale and the show actively tells you to not care.

Because it's an inoffensive 7/10 show that has funny jokes every once in a while.
There is no insane hype.
Just because everyone is lukewarm doesn't mean everyone's burning to see it.

I am

a cool smart atheistic nilist like can tell the nature of whole season from on episode.

I don't know what you mean by inoffensive. I'm not arguing the shit it pulls hasn't been done before or whatever, but what exactly would it take for you to consider something offensive?

>I have seen all 3 seasons of R&M

Are you posting from the near future?

Jerry is the most logical/"best" character though, right? Everyone else justifies that Rick isn't shitty only because they respect his intellect, but Jerry recognizes that Rick is one of the shittiest humans around. And, he only gets shit on for it. most of all by his bitch wife. Beth might be excusable as a character if she didnt shit all over Jerry just for being unintelligent. Which he is, but everything he says about Rick is correct. Rick comes into his family, claims Morty as a sidekick, continually asserts his domincance over the whole family by making Summer and Morty his sidekicks/slaves and he gets away eith it because Beth is weak and has Daddy issues. Jerry (despite all his weaknesses) is the only one to point out what a human peice of shit Rick is, but it seems the moral of the story as far as the writers are concerned is that Jerry sucks. I dunno, rant over. Rick is shit, Jerry is shit.
I like Rick and Morty though, despite being obviously flawed, but i like "The Simpsons" until around season 17. Hate all you want. Goodbye Moonmen. You all want it your own way, anyway!

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It’s me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you’d see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say “Yup, that’s me”. I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I’m assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I’ve found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It’s really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it’s almost like we’re identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

I think rick and morty is okay

>Jerry is the most logical/"best" character though, right?
No, Morty is.

You and Jerry aren't incorrect, however.