MCU vs DCEU

MCU vs DCEU

Which one handles mature subject matter more... maturely?
Hardmode: No Netflix or CW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HSoSBle8AQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pick one

As a fan of both, i prefer DC

Honestly, DC. It might have to do with snyder's autism or the lesser number of films but MCU movies have completely lost all sense of scale after the first Avenger's film.

Sokovia was the opposite of the metropolis battle and everyone being saved and getting to the helicarrier cheapened the entire ordeal.

Mature or not, its all shit

The fuck are you talking about "mature subject matter". It's a bunch of antisocial superpowered fucks in spandex hitting each other, no amount of 9/11 and gun control analogies is going to make it mature.

In regards to your disclaimer, Netflix shows are in the MCU and CW shows are completely separate from the DCEU.

not even a question

It's a matter of female sterilization and the permanent effect on one's sense of self vs a jar of pee pee.

Marvel has dealt with war, geopolitics, genocide, parental death, espionage, sterility and cconsequences.

DC has Superman killing Zodd, Batman shooting people, Wonder Woman saying men are useless for sex, and the color grey.

Marvel has had a main character admit to having attempted suicide and then found new purpose in trying to help others. DC has had main character mope around in secret for most of his life and only come out of hiding when directly challanged.

Why is it that the Avengers can kill countless Hydra agents and mudslimes but The Defenders try and save the worst villains (with the exception of Purple Man) but Punisher is villified for vivaciously vanquishing villainous vermin?

Why in the MCU does Batman do the very opposite thing he vowed not to do? Why is Superman responsible for the death of another intelligent being? The DC universe is supposed to be much more hopeful than the ever quarrelling Marvel universe. Iron Man kills and kills but he seems so much more heroic than Batman. Not to mention, the Marvel heroes actually attempt to save civilians.

Why in the DCEU*

Didn't Batman threaten to shoot a father in an alley in front of his child?

That's pretty mature.

>mature subject
>CW
gee, good you added no CW rule

Marvel, but I will say Wonder Woman handled war and civilian casualties very maturely.

It's to keep tthis discussion from getting Purple bombed.

>bunch of faceless mooks
>Snyder's color filter
>Snyder raping the DC mythology yet again
I already fucking hate Justice League.

That's a prologue that won't take more than a minute. The same shit with an acient war to protect Earth happened in Thor: The woman of science.For a massive battle remember all those poor Nova corps in Guardians 1.

Which one shot Jimmy Olsen in the face as a joke?

When did that happen?

>MCU
>consequences
youtube.com/watch?v=2HSoSBle8AQ

If we have a Batman whose willing to kill, why is RiffRaff Joker alive?

The consequences of each film follow up into the next one. New York, Hydra, Sokovia,

>dceu
>using "consequences' as damage control for your failed super hero deconstruction that nobody asked for

there was no fucking consequences just characters "barely escaping alive", they even made some random nerd at shield death looks like a tragedy, civil war impact was fucking nothing while in the comics it changed everything.

Don't try to imply that MCU got "consequences".

>implying that I'm a DCEU fan
They only got 1 good movie and 3 shit shows, but unlike you I don't pretend that MCU where 50% of the movies are shit as fuck is good either

So Superman's totally dead, right?

Because they don't want to do Red Hood?

If memory serves, didn't the MCU create a trend of copycat studios trying to create their own Cinematic Universes, and failing miserably?

That's a pretty big consequence.

So the actions of one film don't affect it's sequels? You sure about that kiddo?

Yeah that's a payback for marvel copying the concept of comic shared universe of DC, Superhero teams of DC , events of DC and characters from DC.

>implying the DCEU has any consequences either

>sure I killed people but I feel real sorry now
>I died to protect the world so everyone loves me now
>MATHAAAAAAAA

>I died to-
Dead people have to stay dead.

Okay, I'm gonna do this. What exactly does "handle it maturely" mean? If you try to define it, it means "handle it the way an adult ought to handle it". But who decides what way is that? All of these were literally made by adults. Is one to decide some adult behaviour is more valid in adulthood than an other, even though both were carried out by adults? According to whom? By whose standards? What guidebook?

Maturity is a ridiculous non-concept that at best tries to describe its individual society's zeitgeist. Yet as conformism is not a virtue (not saying any capeflick is particularly revolutionary, of course) why ought we pursue it?

Screw maturity.

So it wasn't a desperate cash grab from WB to steal an idea from Disney? It wasn't a paradigm shifting birth of an entirely new genre of film?

It was comic book companies settling a score. Neato.

OK Freud, jesus. Who was able to handle heavy subjects without being edgy.

>I all know about dceu is from internet comments
c'mon fag

None of them, really. Most Marvel movies lack sincerity, they can't take the subject matter seriously, they have to add a joke at the end of everything. It's almost as they don't take their heroes seriously and are apologizing to the audience for them.

Winter Soldier is one of the few exceptions.

On the other hand DCEU's approach is fucking trash, deconstruction and pure misery, without celebrating the characters. It's just Snyder's edgy fanfiction of a teenager of what the DC universe should be.

Wonder Woman is clearly the exception to this for DC.

>dc created the concept of a shared universe
No they didn't.
Namor met the Human Torch months before the JSA were featured in any comic book page.

No one dies and they keep ignoring major issues like Inhumans,MCU consequences are terrible badly done

I know DCEU movies because I watched them. There's only 4 of them, and there's really not much to them.

Yes, the Avengers were created to piss off DC and their Justice league works.

Yondu is sad you don't remember his sacrifice.

Your comment pretty much shows how you never watched dceu movies, not even wonder woman

>What exactly does "handle it maturely" mean?
It means the Snyderfags can feel like mature adults for liking a children's franchise.

Please explain to me the depth and symbolism of Suicide Squad.

Yeah buuhu Yondu and cpt america fanboy died, so much consequences, oh wait that faggot is alive in agents of shield, how long until Yondu comes back as well?Maybe they will even bring back the quicksilver even though he had near zero character.

Man Snyder really is a fucking asshole. Imagine growing up and bonding with your dad over his old "Superman's pal: Jimmy Olsen" comics and seeing that shit in the theater.

Is Superman gonna stay dead?

>no cinema
It's shit

with the elektra and punisher daredevil's seemed more like of an annoyance in his own show

>villified for vivaciously vanquishing villainous vermin
Shut up Stan Lee.

No, because the DCEU has no consequences.

Probably not, Zod,Ares and Doomsday will while Loki is still out there even after fucking literally everyone nothing happens to him in long run.

BvS events lead to Justice league, did you even watched the movies?

Didn't Lex and Waller both already have files on all the JL members?

Everyone wasn't saved, which is why Civil War happened

>goverment using desperate unethical actions under the cover to stop giant threats
Explain the meaning of Guardians of Galaxy

I read that as Rifftrak

Assholes in space nutting up and saving the galaxy because no one else can.

Is pretty much : bang bang bing buuuuum, talking racoon cool! Lel references!Old Music lmao!

So Marvel kills off the villain in every movie, which DC also does, but when they spare the most interesting one so that his actions have consequences in future films, suddenly that's unforgivable.

Why didn't Batman kill Lex?

well going by civil war vs batman v super diaper Id say marvel
like they showed the death of tonys parents a few times and so the revelation that winter cutie was the killer made for an understandable reason to cause a fight and brought closure to a characters backstory
"Martha" is a stupid reason that was tacked on just to give them a reason to fight

but MCU has more movies lined up than the new DCU so I might be biased
I prefer the heroes in marvel but its really the villans that bring out the mature content so DC has to win with a much better lineup

both are fine I dont really think theirs much to gain by comparing them cause im going to be watching both but Im enjoying the mcu more

except guardians, scifi is shit and that team of heroes is trash compared to the op fuckers on earth

Dr Strange handled a mature character perfectly, with a hero who is actually realistically HUMAN, sure he has the ol "im rich" super power like iron man and bats but hes a fucking doctor, thats real same with the ego that comes with being "the best" unlike tony "I make weapons and gadgets no other scientists have been capable of somehow" stark or bruce "trained all over the world with the masters of fighting" wayne
and then the loss of his hands and becoming Dr House levels of edgy just worked, then comes the actual super powers but even then he keeps his morality and knows NOT to destroy cities when fighting bad guys from the start not having to lose their idol status in order to realize that shit like both superman and the avengers needed

Suicide Squad: We can do Guardians of the Galaxy too! And make it edgy!

>>Likes dr strange
>>Scifi is shit

THIS Marvelfag is beginning to understand why they don't like us.

Themes of family, loss, redemption and fatherhood.

Neither. Cinematic universes were a mistake.

>I prefer the heroes in marvel but its really the villans that bring out the mature content so DC has to win with a much better lineup

CGI Ares, Hill Troll, Spaz Luthor, Lawnmower Man and Zool, Damaged Joker, Retarded "beaten up by scientists" Zod. The only impressive DCEU villain is Faora.

You're nostalgic for pre-DCEU villains.
Admittedly MCU villains haven't gotten better, but the competition has sunk beneath them.

This movie wouldn't have been as good as a standaloje with no background. We loved HughLogan. We loved PatrickXavier. We loved the X-Men. And we mourned for them.

I don't know...

The last one was a hell of a villain.

>>"But it killed me to put that tumor in her head..."

There's nothing edgy about suicide squad, pure cringe.

strange isnt sci fi, I actually didnt watch strange until like 5 months after it came out because I hated the whole "magic" aspect when marvels been up the ass with "scientifically" explained super heroes, but after watching it I just enjoyed a fresh hero with a good backstory

like the movie was about a hero finding true morality and a reason for being, the powers were almost like an afterthought
to me it wasnt a "super hero" movie but move of a movie with super beings in it

guardians was like fucking memestar wars, I hate it
I watch super hero movies to see people who fight to protect our worlds real people, not cause theyre aliens jerking off in space protecting aliens who realistically wouldnt need fucking weak ass humans or humanoids protecting the "galaxy"

I dunno about "better" but aside from loki and thanos I dont think marvel villans are very iconic, red skull, dark elf, any iron man villans, and that jackoff spidermans going to fight arent even very interesting

Im a huge strange fanboy now but I dont think dormemeu or the black guy are very iconic

I think the mcu is at its peak when the heroes fight eachother, and thats why the selling point in the new thor movie is thor vs hulk

Zod and Ares were fucking great
>"hurr he lost a scientist"
Really?

Nah he was pretty mediocre, Ultron was a step in the right direction but they made him insecure for no reason at all besides wanting to fuck with the villain.

I'm not saying this to disparage you. I'm not saying anything you are saying is meaningless. But you sound like a total summerfag when you say DDormamu and baron Mordo aren't iconic.

Marvelfag here. I liked Zod. Ares was trash thou the. German dude was way better. Or Dr. Poison. Especially Dr. Poison.

>DDormamu and baron Mordo
no one mention them ever, Loki is in some ways iconic but for the wrong reasons(DA teenagers turning him into their husbandu)

>Or Dr. Poison. Especially Dr. Poison.
Why everyone keeps turning her into a waifu?

He was insecure because he was crazy. His flaw was he was unfuckingstable.

I love him to death, but he really wasn't that complex.

Beats OedipusSkynet, doe.

Because the only other nonCatwoman female villains are Poison Ivy, Faora, Viper, and Mystique.

And they ruined Mystique.

I don't think either of you children have a firm grasp on what the word "iconic" means.

We got to see why Loki went kind of mad, Mordo only just turned so we don't even know what he'll do as a villain besides fuck with other sorcerers. Not sure we'll see Dormamu again.

literally who?
like ask around any of the normies that now like super heroes who the black guy in dr strange and the guardians of the galaxy 2 villan were, or even red skull or the evil russian from civil war were

then ask em who the joker, mr freeze, harley, or scarecrow are
dc villans have more namevalue and are actual draws unlike brad pitt with melty powers
unless youre a marvel comic nerd you cant really name marvel villans, but most normies can name off dc villans

thats cause dc just does villans better
mcu DOES have iconic villans, its just that DC has more

>Marvel
>gloss over it and put down a ridiculously low fatality rate and maybe make some quip to make things better for the audiences
>DC
>don't shy away from it and have it bring down the mood and take away from the action

Even though that's just violence, DC and Marvel are going two different routes. Marvel is more easily acceptable and more competently done even though they trivialize most of the darker themes. If DC manages to consistently get their darker tone while staying optimistic in desperate or bleak times, they could overall do it better. I prefer tense moments over laughing at a forced in joke during a fight.

But Marvel has more success so they win. For now.

Ultron is the proof that the reason why MCU got shitty villains is because their villains hate good villains, Ultron was fucking awesome the only good MCU villain and faggots keep bashing him.

Avengers 2 made me hate MCU fandom, is my favorite MCU movie by far but even diehard MCUfans call it "mediocre"

And she's not Amy waifu, she was just entertaining. Her friendship? With General NotANaziYet was really funny and charming, and it was neat to see a scarred villainess whose scars are not her motivation.

NC was right though. She was Michael Crawford.

*their fans hate good villains

Wonder Woman made WW1 look like a reenactment put on on someone's farm.
Aside from casually killing some bad guy mooks, BvS was set in the "this area has also been evacuated/abandoned" universe.

>>Asking normies about comics.

So are you still in high school? Because it's showing.

Mordo and dormamu made it into the movie because A) they are his greatest villains, and B) he really doesn't have any other memorable ones.

I think that though suicide squad could've been much more, it was like at the end of production when WB finally appointed their own Quesada instead of all of their execs having a hand in the pot. iirc WW was at the beginning of production when this happened. Seeing Wonder Woman be as good as it was, I can see that there was quite a bit less executive mettling. I also prefer the sincerity of the DC movies as well, I can't really enjoy Marvel movies anymore because they're like parodies of action movies at this point. With the exit of the Snyders and it seeming like creators can make the movie they want to make I am a bit more hopeful for the future of the DCEU.

exactly my fucking point, he and MANY marvel characters DONT have memorable villans

normies are what make characters memorable, if dc can market shit like cinestro or black manta who normies will likely know the names of, why cant marvel do the same

because they have less iconic villans, im sure they COULD break out better ones, but they might overwhelm the heroes popularity so they dont
maybe thats why spidey is fighting vulture instead of his iconic villans like octo doc or venom

point is DC has more iconic villans who draw even normie audiences in not just the comic nerds who already know whats going to happen
normies arent really going to care who their iconic hero (spider man, black panther, thor) is going to fight because they just like the hero, but if you tell a DC fan that the joker will show up in justice league theyll lose their shit

>Johnny comes home from the company wars with crippling autism

That BvS "ITS ABANDONED" thing seemed liked it was Snyder being petty towards critics of MoS.

>With the exit of the Snyders
Will snyder really go away? I fucking hate the fact that DCEU is a desconstruction of superhero genre, the faggot is a casual that googled "best comic writers" and found Alaan More and Frank Miller and think they works are the superhero bible.

None, the MCU and DCEU have, somehow, managed to lower the standard of what was already the worst subgenre in cinema.
They are absolutely awful movies that give you no incentive to watch.
The structure is the same everytime, the plots are predictable, the characters are dull, the CGI is awful (although most blockbusters aside from Transformers suffer from this) and the action scenes are a goddamn mess.
Even comic fanboys saying "WOAH DUDE, MY LE HEROES ON LE BIG SCREEN XD" have no excuse to keep watching these.

Don't get me wrong. I love 1st phase MCU, but at this point it seems like every movie is trying to ape the dynamic that Josh Sweden had in Avengers 1.

DC has villains generation X vaguely remember from the Superfriends.
And Batman villains that have had television exposure from the 60's.
Black Manta is solely remembered as that helmeted scuba dude who opposed Aquaman on the Superfriends. They don't even know that he's actually BLACK.