Is there a market for good poseable Sup Forums related custom figures/model kits?

Is there a market for good poseable Sup Forums related custom figures/model kits?

What shows or characters do you wish had some decent merchandise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V5YYNuIlBF0
youtu.be/WjPuSsKByzY
hlj.com/product/BCL2038
leagueofbuddies.com/spots/library/disney-xd-haunted-mansion/disney-xd-pickle-and-peanut-and-babyboo/
youtube.com/watch?v=OHH0f4Z6xk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idc about poseable but I sure wish more shows had well made figurines and not just shitty funko pops

Pops are the bane of my existence.

Janna. It has to be semen resistant

>look up star vs the forces of evil figures
>get this
youtu.be/V5YYNuIlBF0
youtu.be/WjPuSsKByzY

IIIIII
NEEEEEEEEED
ITTTTT

I know I'd buy them.

CN/Disney/Nick should commission a company like Goodsmile for a small batch of figures to sell exclusively on their site and test the waters that way. I don't see why something like the Frozen nendoroids weren't made mass market products here.

who made these? people behind robot chicken?

>What shows or characters do you wish had some decent merchandise?
You posted it

why is CN so stingy when it comes to merch?

>tfw the only good figures/model/plush toys are fan made
I hate CN

>Is there a market for good poseable Sup Forums related custom figures/model kits?
yeah, its on etsy

cute mouf

Make metal men models

There's always a market for cool things

usually it's because "production cost" isn't an issue.

you can pour MILLIONS into making a perfect, full poseable (1,000 points of articulation!), indestructible toy but no one will buy it if it costs as much as a car or you'll be operating at a massive loss if you sell it as low as any other ordinary toy.

I wish Kotobukiya would pick up some CN IPs.

Are you telling me something like this implies a big cost? Pretty sure it cost as much as an official, shitty toy like pic related.

no, i'm saying custom toys don't have the same "keep it as cheap as possible to make a profit" limit as official toys.

you have to factor in paying the workers who made tons of that toy then compare it to a fan doing just one toy.

fan has no time limit in making his/her custom as perfect as possible, factory worker needs to crank out "will pass QA" ones as much as possible.

>be a 3D modeler
>a workable 3D printer is 3k plus
>good plastic is an ass ton
>if i work with a manufacturer the import and shipping fees will be too much
>if i do it at home i have to charge premium price for everything
Someone fucking kill me

this!

if you're making a one of a kind toy, the costs would be "worth it!", if you're going into the business of making toys to sell, every cost must be accounted for.

>No Pixar nendoroids with multiple emotion faceplates
Kill me now senpai

Nigga all you have to do is sculpt a prototype, make some molds and clone with plastic, then either paint the shit yourself or get a buddy to paint it for a percentage of the profit, and sell to a small niche audience instead of mass producing.

If japs could do it out of their basements in the 80s and 90s without the internet so can you.

Has there even been any high-quality action figures for cartoons? Some of the recent Transformers lines haven't been too bad.

reminds me of those issues of fine scale modeller about guys making their own molds and stuff to make parts.

yeah those garage kits are expensive though (got to make a profit)

for example

hlj.com/product/BCL2038

Why do they always give the toy rights to companies that make garbage? Do said companies just pay them a fuckton of money?

The thing with model kits is that since the customer is expected to add finer detail themselves, you can get away with only using some colorized plastic for a couple of trays of parts, and mmmmaaaaybe some stickers. It's much cheaper than regular action figures.

That's kinda the biggest reason mecha got so popular, it's cause it was so much fucking faster and cheaper to make those basic model kits than to make stuff that was uniquely painted. You gotta get factories in China for that sorta thing.

maybe they do the "lowest bidder" thing?

Some of them do, actually, licensing exclusivity is really important if you're a literally who company, and if you manage to keep that license, even better. It's why neca went from a mediocre little toy company to probably one of the best when it comes to poseable sculpts in the west.

The shit part is that some of them will license the good designs of stuff, which means that the competition will have to make shittier versions, like slightly bigger legs or uglier joints. Happens with the godzilla stuff a lot.

true.

depending on the modeller/method the finished model would look good but cost way more than the original cost of the model kit.

the playmates ben 10 figures are pretty dang good right now, especially for the price point

four arms has a ton of articulation

And we all know whoever's selling the rights couldn't give less of a shit about how the actual figures turn out as long as someone's buying them.

>/toyco/ thread

I didn't know I wanted this so much until now

I liked Animated Megatron toys

I thought Grifter wears red

>toyco/ thread

Invader zim had a surprisingly quality toyline

Sorry not a HUGE fan of the series; but do you have any of the "Alex" with the Chobham armor on? I thought thought the ablative armor idea was great.

gotta get back

back to the day

shamefur dispray

WATCH OUT

I fucking love Jasper, to the point where it just ruined the series for me. Knowing I won't get shit for merchandise is painful.

>CN will never give the rights to high end figure makers like Figma or SHF
>we will never get articulated fusions with swappable faces, hands, and effects

I make enamel pins. That's like a figure for the poor man.

>/toy/ is more Sup Forums than most comics these days

For the time, the original TMNT toyline was pretty cool. Unique vehicles, grotesquely detailed sculpts. Paint could've been better, though. Then again I suppose you could argue the cartoon was for the toys rather than the other way around.
And I'm not even someone who grew up with this line.

Man, Wargreymon let himself go.

>You'll never hot glue this

>For the time, the original TMNT toyline was pretty cool.

Yeah, they were also completely fucked up hilarious. Whoever thought up that crap had some imagination.

>the bondage
>the turtle hunks
>the ooze

Degenerate toymakers or degenerate artists ?

this toy DELIVERS.

They didn't invite Don?

They reused this thing in the toyline for Chicken Run. Why?

Would have been in the Earthworm Jim toyline too, if it wasn't canned.

honestly, if you release it in military (less neon) colors, it would be right at home for the 'real american heroes' version of GI joe

And here's a classic for all the kids to enjoy.

>hand crocheted armature figure
nigga that's at least 30 bucks

Pretty sure it was used in one other toyline too.

I just checked, looks like it was in the 4kids toyline too, if a bit modified.

This whole fucking toyline.

punisher's methane cannon

That's cool, how much do they end up costing to make?

Frank, no!

Can you show us a butt shot of this figure? I'm writing a paper for university, and I need it for my research

I just wish Marvel had decent figures. Overall their quality is shit

But they did.......

Until Toy Biz got the license pulled from them in 2007.

F-fine CN it's not like I wanted to give you my cash anyway

>Duh, I'm just following orders
This makes me chuckle every time I see it.
>Marvel Legends
>Amazing Yamaguchi
>all the SHF MCU stuff
>Marvel Select
If anybody needs better figures it's DC.
DCC is alright most of the time but Mattel's crap sucks so much.

Here's one that's complete that's the best I got

tadashi hamada

>sister-in-law wants to team up with me and sell shit there
h-here I go

Isn't SU one of their most popular properties?

how do people get the eyes anyways? on both pic related and yours? what material, how do they get consistency but at a time-profitable span?

if I can figure this out maybe I too can make figurines for people

I think it's basically the same thing as temporary tattoos, but made for plastic and probably layered with coats of something to smoothen it out.

Being a Tadashi fag is suffering.
>one figure
>it's garbage

God if CN Did that I dont know how fast I'd throw money at my computer for a Lapis and Blue Pearl Figma

Yes. They did some for Pickle and Peanut too.

leagueofbuddies.com/spots/library/disney-xd-haunted-mansion/disney-xd-pickle-and-peanut-and-babyboo/

>funko_pop.jpg

Harvey Beaks

I'd pay good money for a copy of that board game Carl's friends made for him.

>RX-78
My man

There's a much higher chance of SHFiguarts for cartoon properties, figma does do western stuff sometimes, but it looks worse that Bandai's stuff. It's still a very low chance for Bandai to take on any of the CN properties.

what figma/sh figuart/revoltech do you think would work best for a base body for a SU custom?

has most of the things needed for a garnet mod. just not sure if it's worth the sh figuarts money (there's a cheaper action figure line but it's kinda notorious for it's plastic).

i can't think of anything in particular

but you could probably get lucky using a nedroid figma

If you're not super experienced with customs, I would recommend using a bootleg of something so it wouldn't be too big of a deal if it doesn't turn out very well. I'd recommend a magical girl in skimpy clothing, maybe a Love Live figma since they're pretty simple, or a pretty cure Figuarts.

i'm more of a gunpla guy when it comes to customizing.

i had to outsource a transformers action figure project to an acquaintance because i didn't want to waste the money for the figures used.

the guy modded a revoltech jagi (hokuto no ken version) into MD geist

youtube.com/watch?v=OHH0f4Z6xk8

in 3d with the coloration and look of it Pearl looks straight out of a Rankin & Bass stop-motion cartoon.

sounds rather wonky to work onto but it might do a decent job

I had one of those but I bought it at goodwill so it had no pizzas to throw. It was pretty underwhelming.