/com/ Thread

This thread is for /m/ and Sup Forums cross board shenanigans, refugees from /m/ feel free to make yourselves known as our board is devolving.

So western mecha? What's wrong with /m/?

Godzilla could kick Voltron's ass.

Fite me.

>What's wrong with /m/?
We've had a lot of meta boards and shitposting is in every other thread and janitors/mods won't do jack shit

Oh, you mean all that "It's shit because I said so" shitposting that /m/ has no ability to not respond to?

from what I gather /m/ is starting to turn into the Sup Forums version of mecha since new shows get hated on/shitposted to oblivion, the front page is constantly dominated by generals (fucking symphogear general is one that comes to mind). There are a few good threads left though

We're having a catastrophic shitposting problem and have been for years now. Please help us, I just want to talk about cool robots.

Just keep it Western, Sup Forums is not the garbage dump for anime hobos

Aren't there like all of two Western mecha shows?

If you keep it cartoon and comics related, nobody will care and might even enjoy you being here.

Aight.

How are the IDW Transformers comics and what's a good starting point? I dropped the series during All Hail Megatron, but I've been curious on picking it back up.

As a citizen of both /m/ and Sup Forums, I can say that I welcome this kind of threads.

maybe ?
but I bet Ideon or any Getter would stomp him.
Also, while we're at it, I really want to storytime the Getter manga here

Battletech, Exosquad, Megas XLR, Beast Wars... that's at least four.

So would Mazinger Z. And best boy Boss Borot

Well, just remember, we've got some problems of our own. For seven years now, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and all the other "inner city" boards have been hounding us. The story is long and sad, and I won't recite it here unless you request it, but regardless, we will give you safe harbor as long as you stay on topic.

Anyone else sad IDW didn't renew the license? I wanted Godzilla in Space Dammit

Kinda sucks, yeah

What publisher other than them would you trust? Should Dark Horse get another shot?

Either of the big 2?

Why does no one remember Symbionic titan?

Because it set out to be John Hughes and Voltron but forgot about the Voltron part after it started,

This is /com/

I loved this anime for what it was

I don't want Marvel touching it again with their current quality.

DC would be strange but depends on the writer.

Not if you count all the dubbed/westernized cast offs like the shogun warriors,Voltron,and all the misfits in between like goldwing,Tranzor,Taikwon V,Renegade force,Roboformers,and all that other VHS tat from the 70's and 80's.

Has anyone else here read the shogun warrior comics? I've read the first 7 issues or so and they were really fun. Though it makes me wonder if Genndy took inspiration from these comics as there are many parallels between the book and Symbionic titan.