I'm not too well versed in the DC capestuff mythos, but I want to get into the Hypercrisis aspect of it...

I'm not too well versed in the DC capestuff mythos, but I want to get into the Hypercrisis aspect of it. What should I read before Infinite Crisis to fully grasp what I'm reading?

That includes characters and teams introductions since I've never been huge into DC characters. Right from the start I don't know shit about Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, for example.

(Crisis on Infinite Earths, Countdown to Infinite Crisis and OMAC Project already on my list. I've also read Identity Crisis and Multiversity but not much else regarding events.)

Infinite Crisis is a sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths, so definitely don't start with it.

Honestly getting into DC through the Crisis events is a really weird thing to do, since they all are such a celebration of DC's history and continuity.

Hypercrisis doesn't refer specifically to Crisis events, they're just a piece in the puzzle.

I love that graph, though it only applies to Batman. Are there any other graphs like that for general DC/Hypercrisis or other characters?

There is this one. But another one would be appreciated.

Hypercrisis doesn't exist. It's just a meme Sup Forums made-up. You're just trying to get into the Crisis series.

It's actually not really about Batman, but everything Morrison was doing to lead into Final Crisis. FC and Morrison's Batman are at the center of the Hypercrisis.

Everything in orange there is central to Hypercrisis. You don't have to read any of B&R or Batman Inc, but you should read Batman RIP and Return of Bruce Wayne.

>Hypercrisis doesn't exist.
>It's just a meme Sup Forums made-up.

>he doesn't believe ideas are real

They're not?

I disagree, the first main continuity dc book i ever read was the Blackest Night trade. And one of the podcasts i listen to, the host got into DC from reading CoIE. For me being exposed to such a vast and complete universe all at once is exhilarating and intriguing.

Op here. Not to me, I keep feeling I don't know this characters and that this story was not meant for me at this time.

The same is true for me, but I know it's not true for everyone. A lot of the time when I recommend stuff to people they'll get confused by IC or COIE and give up.

As
shows, I think the kind of people who are like me and you (and Morrison and Johns, who've both said they're like that) who like being immersed in the history are the kind of people who don't ask for recommendations or guides on Sup Forums, I typically seek out stuff on my own.

A lot of new readers feel intimidated by jumping into the deep end, which is why you constantly see threads asking for good "jumping on points"

There's really no such thing though. The best way to learn capeshit continuity is to catch up from wherever you start through wikis and asking questions.

A good way is to hit all the milestones of DC history, then fill in the gaps between them, then go back and re-read the events surrounding them.
Like once you've finished reading Final Crisis once, you'll be lucky to understand a third of what just happened if you're new to this.
But once you've read some stuff, you notice that they mentioned Cave Carson early on, who has an ongoing written by Gerard Way, who has always been a huge fan of Morrison's work.
If you read the Batman/Superman story at the back of the DC One Million Omnibus, you'll glance right over the various future iterations of Batman and Superman that Epoch fights. But once you've read all of Morrison's Batman run, and the Silver Age stories that inspired it, you notice that it includes Brane Taylor from Batman #67.

Start with Death and Return of Superman.
The Funeral for a Friend arc has a lot of characters that you can say "Ooh, who the hell is this guy?" then go look up more of.
It also has the trigger for Emerald Twilight, which sets off Zero Hour, the resolution to Final Night, and Geoff John's entire Lantern run.
Keep reading and you'll be able to see the spider web that is continuity.
Or maybe it's like Neurons and Synapses in the metaphysical brain of DC Comics?

Start with Flash of Two Worlds and the Crisis on Multiple Earths books. Those are the catalyst of the first Crisis.

Oooohhh great. Seems like a good plan. Thanks!

And if he really wants to stretch back, he can read the first issue where Batman met Superman, just for shits and giggles.
Flash of Two Worlds is the creation of the Multiverse, but that is the creation of the Shared Universe.

Which one would that be?

Like half of B&R is connected to the Hypercrisis

What are the Golden and que Silver Age stories I should read to understand the Crisis?
Besides pic related, of course.

All the Crisis on X Earths/Worlds crossovers