Does anyone feel like this Spider-Man movie is being shilled way harder than the last half dozen?

Does anyone feel like this Spider-Man movie is being shilled way harder than the last half dozen?

What's up with that?

Also why aren't people burned out on Spider-Man movies yet?

Because this time, it's under Marvel's banner. The trailers show that the acting is fuck-wooden, though. It's like some stage Cosplay with a big budget. This is the same studio that did Winter Soldier. The fuck is up with this?

They NEED this movie to be a success to try and show Sony that Spidey belongs to them. It's a big middle finger. They're also probably worried that people ARE burned out by Spidey and are shilling hard to draw back in a crowd.

They need the movie to be better than Spider-Man 2. That's tantamount to impossible, considering it's one of the trifecta of "Cape Adaptations Done Right And Brilliantly".

It's marvels most popular character in the mcu, what did you expect?

Marvel wants Spider-man to replace Iron Man as face of the MCU.

Sony's doing all the marketing though, not Marvel.

I'm honestly glad it has been. Thanks to the sheer bulk of news, advertisements, and shilling I've seen and learned enough to be completely put off. Even the ASM films looked interesting but there is absolutely nothing drawing me in or even capturing my interest on any level.

But...Sony's handling the marketing. The only bit Marvel did was the very first trailer.

Will this look good or bad for Sony if it performs well?
Also this. RDJ will probably retire the role after Infinity War, hes stated he wants to go out on top before audiences get sick of him. Holland is being groomed at this point

Someone doesn't remember the leadup to the first Raimi film. Shit was everywhere, there was even an awful-tasting breakfast cereal.

Hope you are not throwing Keaton with the other actors.

Yes. I can't even buy a pack of batteries without seeing Spider-Man. Nothing turns me off a film faster than aggressive marketing

That's like asking why people aren't burned out on Batman movies

What are the other 2?

Let me guess, one is "he jokered so hard he died for an oscar" from Nolan, right?

Whoa! He just became that guy's pizza!

I recall ASM2 being one of the worst. With every trailer and commercial, more and more footage was released to the point where you could edit the entire movie together.

I'll give you 1 and 2 from Raimi, but comparing Homecoming to ASM is like comparing Transformers with the Empire Strikes Back

>it's one of the trifecta of "Cape Adaptations Done Right And Brilliantly".
take your shit taste and go back to pakistan

Dude, Dark Knight was a great cop movie, even if you take Batman out. I'd argue it was more of a Commissioner Gordon movie than anything else. A lot of Michael Mann's influences were left in. I don't think Ledger should have won the Oscar (nomination, maybe, but that's a Sup Forums discussion). Dark Knight is as close to a Gotham Central movie as we'll get. As a Batman movie, it kind of falls a little down the ladder, but as a movie on its own? Great.

>Also why aren't people burned out on Spider-Man movies yet?

Because I skipped ASM and ASM2 sicne I felt like it was too soon for a reboot.
Oh boy did that choice pay off.

Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, Logan. Superman with Reeves lags a little behind because the last 15 minutes were rushed as Hell. Same with Superman II.

Who do you kick out an put in there other than those two? Batman?

I keep seeing people say Raimi's Spider-Man 2 was great

Wasn't that the one where he randomly stopped being able to shoot webbing and stick to walls (at the most dramatically inappropriate times!) because he felt bad?

It was psychological

hahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

they have to say this was the good one to justify liking a spiderman movie.
The amazing spiderman was too soon, thus everyone would compare it to the previous one, plus the twilight-like teenager that played peter was completely amiss any non-girl fans. The first one of Raimi was simply the first one, they still had to test out the water. And the third had one the whole Venom and too many villains at once problem. Thus the only one left is the second one which had an okay villain. So that became "the good spiderman movie"

Because it, along with the first one, combined good scripts, showed how being Spiderman was fuck hard. Peter had a life he wanted to live, but being Spiderman constantly fucked it up for him. Remember how Otto went "brilliant but lazy" in the last battle? He finally realized that Peter wasn't lazy. He was "brilliant and burdened" with his inclination to do the right thing instead of the most self-centered thing. He would have had Mary Jane, a great school life, a nice social life and be there for Aunt May if he didn't have to be Spiderman. But he became Spiderman anyway, because it was the right thing to be: to be the guy that went out and did a turn on being a Good Samaritan.