Ultimately, last season’s Trump-heavy political plot line was an unfortunate “trap” Parker seems to regret falling into

>Ultimately, last season’s Trump-heavy political plot line was an unfortunate “trap” Parker seems to regret falling into.

>“We fell into the same trap that Saturday Night Live fell into, where it was like, ‘Dude, we’re just becoming CNN now.’ We’re becoming: ‘Tune in to see what we’re going to say about Trump.’ Matt [Stone] and I hated it, but we got stuck in it somehow,” Parker explained.

>“We probably could put up billboards [saying] ‘Look what we’re going to do to Trump next week!’ and get crazy ratings,” Parker said. “But I just don’t care.”

Thoughts, will South Park be more like season 7 to 9 or are we gonna just Member the good times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94svVZ3wqe0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess you'll have to get your 2 minutes of hate fix elsewhere, bub

You and I know South Park will probably go back to Season 11 to 17 level quality, where it's okay for a watch but doesn't offer anymore beyond that.

Honestly I think the characters are all out of steam at this point
I mean Stan is basically another Kenny now and basically irrelevant

I still think the Trump win was a shock for them. They really thought everybody hated Trump and when he won, they really questioned if they were out of touch or not.

More people voted against him than for him, so yeah I'd imagine his win was a shock for a lot of people. It's not a matter of being out of touch so much as it is being completely unprepared for any other outcomes.

>>“We fell into the same trap that Saturday Night Live fell into, where it was like, ‘Dude, we’re just becoming CNN now.’

Sup Forums WAS RIGHT AGAIN

But the real question is,
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the vanilla paste-o?

>Sup Forums WAS RIGHT AGAIN
thats not a good thing

Sounds good. They can admit their mistakes. If we get more masterpieces like "Gounded Vindaloop" in future I'm all good.

A tiny percentage loss at the popular votes yes.
But he couldn't have won as a whole without a huge backing that you're out of touch if you don't understand.

It's a good thing because people are finally waking up and seeing that nobody wants this political garbage in TV shows anymore

What a joke. SP has just been social issues for slow people since season 4. If anything they should go back to the absurdist comedy of season 1-2.

>Sup Forums WAS RIGHT AGAIN

Sup Forums has never been wrong

Stan stopped having character as soon as he went from being a kid to being a Brian Griffin-esque mouthpiece for Trey Parker. Him and Kyle take turns being the "only rational person in the world" while the other and the rest of the town get deluded by something that Trey Parker doesn't like. The fact that they're both kids (despite never acting like kids anymore) just gives it a layer of "please somebody think of the children", as if to say that these things are so obvious even kids can get them.

I agree with South Park often and I disagree with it too, but they've very rarely raised a genuine argument that isn't extremely immature. Which would be fine if it was funny, except Trey's sophomoric soapboxing impedes on the comedy. It's becoming a libertarian Family Guy, but with the added hypocrisy of the John Oliver defense.

What they really need is to bring in an adult character that will keep the kids from acting like adults.

After Chef died, we stopped getting plots involving the boys naivety. Now that the kids are aware of what a priest would stick up their but, we lose a core aspect of why their so endearing.

I still love the recent seasons of South park though, minus the train wreck that was season 20.

>This season I want to get back to Cartman dressing up like a robot and [screwing] with Butters, because to me that’s the bread and butter of “South Park”: kids being kids and being ridiculous and outrageous but not “did you see what Trump did last night?” Because I don’t give a ... anymore.

Honestly Stan started being shit (ironically) when he saw the world as shit.

>a huge backing

Slightly over half of the eligible voters in the U.S. voted, and less than half of them actually voted for Trump, so not really.

>People fondly remember the days when entire episodes were just one single joke being repeated over and over

Either way it was an upset like Brexit

>It's a good thing because people are finally waking up and seeing that nobody wants this political garbage in TV shows anymore

Art has never been and will never be apolitical. People's opinions inform who they are and what art they make.

This "ART SHOULD BE APOLITICAL" crap is another branch of "minorities and women and liberals don't deserve a voice, even in art."

My point is that they thought pretty much EVERYONE was thinking the same way. That it was just totally impossible for Trump to get as many votes as he did. That's why they wrote a whole season based on him losing. It just was inconceivable to them. When it happened, they really realized they didn't know the world as well as they thought.

Britain spent every second in the EU complaining and threatening to leave. After taking 30 years longer than anyone else to join. Brexit failing would've been the upset.

Well we all know what happened the last time an artist got political.

Is there anything in the news for them to make fun of that isn't Trump?

North Korea?

Fidget spinners

Neither Trump's victory nor Brexit were particularly noteworthy upsets. Brexit polling was neck-and-neck, and Trump's victory was only a small polling miss.

The conventional wisdom that the polls showing Hillary up by 4 were the same as the ones showing Obama up by 4 in 2012, but Obama could've afforded to only win popular vote by 2.5 points Clinton couldn't.

Venezuela?
The deaths of Keem and Scarce

Hopefully the rest of the year is boring as fuck so they're forced to make up original stories.

So wait user, you want pop culture jokes that are only relevant for a week?

Early polling had Hillary up 75% to Trump's 25%.

MFUNAHA MHEMDO!
MFUNAHA MHEMDO!

Just drop the serialization. That's the bigger problem.

(anguished muffling)

So kindly explain how overcoming this doesn't qualify as an upset.

Fuck off Boco

Also it turns out that actively vandalizing Trump supporter's shit, assaulting Trump supporters, and saying "we will do whatever it takes to ruin your life if you openly support Trump" tends to make polling inaccurate.

Shut the fuck up, you know we're not talking about that definition of politics, because yeah there are multiple definitions. We're talking about people shoving in how they think people are either doing wrong when running countries and how what the believe is right, no compromise and everyone else is an idiot.

A better descriptor would be "modern politics", or eve "identity politics"(not that this is necessarily accurate, but it would get the message across better) but even then you'd get assblasted enough by not being able to tell the difference.

So can it be legal to punch antifa in face?

Go for it, nobody is going to prosecute anyone punching people in black clothing/masks who have a reputation for sucker punching random people.

What, don't you have voter anonymity in America? I mean, before Trump?

For which part?

Well at least my fists don't discriminate, everyone is entitled to a good throat punch

We do, but I was referring to polling as in telephone/on the streets polling to gauge how well/bad a candidate is doing. Like sample polling.

Fuck off in general.

In the EU it would be so insanely illegal to reveal the identity of those participating in an anonymous poll. But, yeah, people don't know that here either and are as easily intimidated.

I guess raising their Wives sons hasn't turned them into total cucks yet.

Antifa and student Collages

Canada and and whatever box office movie peaks their interest

I love you too, man.

Why Sharon took Randy back is beyond me.

Early polling is scewed by the liberal media to only report favorable results to democrats while holding off favorable republican results. The aim is to make it appear like republicans are getting BTFO and their voters may as well stay home. This tactic did not work as intended last year.

I know it's a meme but I think kids who have to be propped-up and virtue signaled with by step-parents also get a shitty deal.
Wive's sons dindu nuffin, this is all on wive's son's mothers.

It actually had the opposite effect. Republicans all got out to vote while the dems thought they had it in the bag so didn't bother

Its sad when Fox News is the only ones being fair and balance- ohhhh THAT'S why that's their slogan!

Your art should be apolitical when all you have to say is "FUCK DRUNPF"

Well, that and Hillary was a shitty, unlikable candidate and a good chunk of 'em just didn't care to vote for her no matter what.

How is that Sup Forums tho?

Only 7 weeks until the new season.

I like a sense of continuity, there just needs to be a balance. Make it more like season 19 but make the call backs more necessary instead of just referencing them like it was done in season 18.

>only a small polling miss.

lmao, a full year of single digit projections for Trump and you call that small?

Honestly even Fox News seemed to be rooting against Trump at least a bit. The station with the best coverage that night was Fox Business.

user, when we're saying "Wive's son" we're not shtting on the kids. We're either shitting on the guy who is so desperate for pussy he'll raise another man progeny rather than his own or the woman who either slept with a guy who wasn't going to commit or drove away the father with her awful personality. The kids are guilt free because you don't choose your family.

It's not Sup Forums inherently but being anti-liberal narrative is something Sup Forums is heavily based in.

Hannity went full boner for Trump though, same with Cavuto and Varney.

19 did it best: an overall plot, but each episode was also able to stand on its own.

20 had some episodes that moved the plot along, but as a standalone they were really boring.

Well yeah, but those are opinion shows. I'm talking about their base news panel.

>More people voted against him than for him

this isnt how winning an election works

I just want more episodes of the "boys being boys" that we rarely see these days.

Sup Forums said the media is biased against Trump.
Media creators themselves confirm that they essentially became CNN and devoted a season to bashing Trump.

20 had too many plots: the BLM subplot, the election, Troll trace, and the member berries.

The last good episode was the one where Randy bounces on his balls and it would amuse me greatly to see anyone refute this.

Your only a cuck if your not getting any action from your wife.

>The deaths of Keem and Scarce
Who and who?

Gutfeld was pretty based for a libertarian. Tucker is a godsend though.

The alt-right.

Exactly, no one even remembers them anymore.

>Sup Forums said the media is biased against Trump.

They aren't wrong. Less than a week ago we had a major CNN producer admitting the Trump-Russia narrative was bogus and only done for ratings.

>They aren't wrong.

Sup Forums's never wrong

... Wait, so if not for ratings they wouldn't cover the biggest news story of the century? Is there a news agency on the planet that didn't write about it?

That too.

>It's a "everything Trump says is related like nazi Germany" episode.
youtube.com/watch?v=94svVZ3wqe0
Fuck haters of freedom.

>if not for ratings they wouldn't cover the biggest news story of the century?

The issue is the Trump-Russia narrative was bogus and largely fabricated, yet constantly reported on anyway. CNN had knowledge it was fake and played into it anyway.

Keemstar died?

Was it that all-righteous ALEX

They invented that shit.

Maybe they caught him beating his wife while beating his daughter's pussy.

Wow your really taking the fun out the word cuck when you say it like that.

You say kids are guilt free but fuck them for getting another father who takes interest in them.

A real cuckold is someone who is having their spouse being satisfied by somebody who isn't themselves.

Nope. Raising another man's kids makes you a cuck. Look at Lion's, a species that has no cucks because the males kill the children that aren't theirs

The alt-right is a joke.

It's made up to define the right as evil.

Addressing the alt-right as anything other than a badthink label invented by news organizations would definitely show Matt and Trey are out of touch.

And wolves.

>it's the "the alt-right don't exist and are a leftist meme" argument again

And Gamergate is a coalition of people who are fighting for our freedoms and everyone who says otherwise are FAKE NEWS, right?

>trump voters are nazis and gamergate is an attack on all females

>And Gamergate is a coalition of people who are fighting for our freedoms and everyone who says otherwise are FAKE NEWS, right?
Dude wtf are you talking about? No the alt-right is just a label so the nes can define just innocent citizens as nazis for things they or Trump doesn't support.

Cock Magic.

Bogus?! What?! I haven't heard such a pro-Russian statement since Ukraine fell. Did they get to you too, user?

user, we don't make fun of the kids. It's great if the kid gets a new father, but we still get to make fun of the guy for not having his own kids with his wife too.

Well nevermind polling. How about the simple act of putting a bumper sticker on your car? Just that simple act was pretty much a guarantee that it would get keyed. Or putting a Trump yard sign out was like an invitation to get your mailbox destroyed. The typical rank & file trump voters just kept their mouths shut, waited for Tuesday, and then voted their man in.

The one who campaigns in every state during the general wins.