>tfw you realise you typoed Hornberger
HORNBERGER NO

>It's a DANCE OFF BRO episode
Nah

>Samnee
HELL YEAH
>Duggan
Boooo!

I don't like Duggans run, but god damn. Samnee gives me that experiencing something for the very first feeling, every time I see his work.

When was Gabriel+Genesis, Annihilation?

Around then. I'm assuming it's referring to Deadly Genesis

>Adsit

I see what you did here, Duggan.

Gotta admit the premise for this issue is really clever even if it makes no sense by any means of physics

Thanks Op. Like that run, atleast better then the last two runs by B****s

Him having a Walkman doesn't make sense in 616 given the timeframe. Just give him a Zune, it's also MCU synergy and makes slightly more sense.

>One last score, and then we can go our separate ways
I really dislike this. They're supposed to be friends who work together to protect the galaxy/universe, not outlaws who only stay together for cash.

s y n e r g y

God ihate how inconsistent they've been with the element gun
>Pete has it when Bendis takes over
>Ditches it when they drop the Mass Effect look for the MCU duds
>Briefly bring it back again
>Ditch it
>Now it's back with his new look

It's gonna track back round to that once they escape Bendis' synergy status quo.

What, you prefer they just randomly go back to that with no set-up? I know you guys are all for ignoring bad runs but Duggans a continuity fag

I mean you could argue that they're friends by this point but traditionally they are loners and individualists, some pal around with Warlock but when he's not around they fuck off and do their own thing. They only joined the Guardians cause Quill and Mantis brainwashed them and they only stuck around cause they had nothing better to do and Warlock was around.

Synergy would be "muh family" you idiot.

This is a beautiful spread. I love that classic Nova/Star-Lord.

Ya know this book just goes to show that under a good writer, MCU Quill truly is a man after my own heart. I can't look at this collection of music and memories in space and not grin. You guys can hate it if you want, but this book has really won me over.

>Awesome Mix vol 1 is Carol's in the 616
Neat.

I didn't read Bendis or Humphries books, did Pete's die from cancer like in the mcu or was she still killed by aliens like in the original book?

Aliens. It differs from the classic origin in that the element gun and Ship are Spartax heirlooms and there is no (to our knowledge) Master of the Sun. Instead Peter became a janitor at NASA by 18, then stole a spaceship and got kidnapped by an MCU Yondu ripoff. After he escaped he must have got Ship and the 70s costume and went on adventures, then wound up in the Kyln and you know the rest.

>Skankin' mix

I like this page

"DNA" mix please

How do they reconcile the ravagers retcon with his original time as star lord?

See It hasn't been explicitly covered but he still ran around in the tights.

I want these mixtapes as playlists

>Star-Lord knew teenage Rich
Technically a retcon but I guess Rich never mentioned meeting him in Annihilation right? Or did he? I dunno but I like this.

They were only a family when bendis took over and in the MCU in the end of the first movie

Them being "friends" would be synergy.

Jesus, this is an amazing spread.

>Some Nick Cave in there too
I really like this spread.

>Gabriel + Genesis
>When they were in the Kree Prison
>Where they met Gabriela Vargas

I dunno if that was intentional but I made myself sad anyway.

Yeah he never mentioned it. But he at least knew of him. In The Annihilation flashback at the beginning of Thanos Imperative, something Quill says reminds Nova of "that new age thinking Star-Lord used to peddle."

This is a great spread.

Really great stuff, OP. Thanks for storytiming.

Hey, this was really good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The MCU again ruining comics... this makes no sense, but well... synergy, this is Star-Lord now!

This issue almost ruined the run for me and that's too bad because issue 3 was great.

It's been five years man. It's time to let it go. At least this issue had good attention to continuity, some clever references, and a premise that makes good use of synergy and isn't just "OOGA CHAKA."

I hate this book and I hate this Quill. The fact that his issue had to be all about music just because the writer can't even find another aspect of him in other books is depressing. The first pages being full of MCU crap jokes and references just makes it even worse. In comparisson to the Gamora issue, this one just goes to show how much they killed Quill's character, it's a sad issue in a way.

However, I'll admit that even with how crap this issue was, was a damn good page.

I liked those, they were very tongue-in-cheek.

>calls him by the wrong name
>"You know who I am!"
>calls him a space pirate
>"How come nobody remembers that I fought the Cancerverse?"

Duggan knows we remember.

Zune is best media player.

On the contrary, it makes perfect sense
Except for the whole "signal wealening " thing

Probably doesn't mean much but the "lincense to ill" casette is the only one that's broken on the side a little.

Probably because he dropped it at some point while crying about Rich

It's not, it's young Peter riding a Kree ship.

Aside from not really anything happening, I liked this issue. It's a neat setup and standalone issue (Peter goes to ridiculous sci-fi lengths to find a relic of a song).

I feel like this didn't really play with its premise though -- like isn't something supposed to go wrong, and that's what makes the premise work? Like, just showing htis day in the life of Star Lord is neat but there was no adventure or anything here, no twist or defining character moment or anything.

Good issue though, carried by the art to a 8.5/10.

what?

Nobody did a storytime for the Annual last week, right?

So I identify many:

Awesome Mix Vol. 1 - Peter leaving Earth - Humphries' Star-Lord Vol. 2
Punk Mix - Peter training with Yondu - Humphries's Star-Lord Vol. 2
License to Ill - Peter with Dick Rider - DnA's GotG (maybe a reference they met before? Claremont's Star-Lord?)
Gabriel + Genesis - Peter's suicide mission with the proto-Guardians - Giffen's Annihilation: Star-Lord (even though it looks like Peter's with his red outfit)
DNA - Real Guardians - DnA's GotG
Electronic Mix S - Peter with Kitty - Bendis' GotG

What are Slow Jams and Red + Meth representing? Those I'm missing.

>Duggan didn't provide a spotify playlist to go with this
Damn it, I don't wanna listen to Awesome Mix again

The only thing of importance it did was set up future Nova corps plotline with Adsit asking Peter for help but Peter's priorities are with getting that so called big score (although he did say he would help them afterwards).

Apparently they lost Thanos (surprise, surprise) and I'm guessing the Raptors are going to be hunting them out if they didn't stop with the Nova corps like that one Raptor warned that one Nova guy in the FCBD.

That said the comic is biweekly so one issue is going with the main plot and the others are just stand alone stories (like #3 was Gamorax this one is Quill, then other two for Drax and then Rocket and Groot).

But yeah this issue didn't do much except be a life of Peter Quill issue.

>People from Earth are the Worst
Adsit vs Jack Fla-
Awwww, I made myself sad

Nah, was gonna but I figured the synergy would trigger people. Even though it was subverted in a neat way and had some great callbacks

>not outlaws who only stay together for cash.

While I'd like to tell you you're wrong, you are right there. I just think the team works best when it's a dysfunctional group of misfits who kind of hate each other.

For example my favorite Guardians team is the ragtag group Peter is shoved into at the beginning of Annihilation: Conquest, when it was just Peter, Rocket, Mantis, Bug, a powerless Captain Universe, and a Groot who spoke and acted like a royal asshole.

Surprisingly good issue. Love this spread Thanks OP

So when's Rich going to appear outside of flashback cameos?

Duggan won't say except that we won't see it coming.

He'll become important to one of the plots (I'm guessing the Nova corps or Raptor plots). Supposedly something happend and it turns the attention of the Guardians and other characters involved towards him while Rich is just minding his own business.

Also Robbie Rider might be involved in some capacity.

My guess? The Raptors hate Novas and seeing how he's the most powerful Nova and he's back he probably gets their attention and they probably try to kill him. Gamora and Peter probably find out and they try to stop them.

Then Darkhawk gets involved somehow perhaps? There's a pic of Gamora fighting him but it could be another Raptor with armor like his. There's also a cover with Peter fighting a Raptor and the solicits for it say he butts heads with Talon.

>Then Darkhawk gets involved somehow perhaps? There's a pic of Gamora fighting him but it could be another Raptor with armor like his. There's also a cover with Peter fighting a Raptor and the solicits for it say he butts heads with Talon.
There's two characters in that armor in that pic, and Duggan just called them Raptors in his tweet. Darkhawk's not there (yet).

Also solicits called that one Raptor Talonar, not Talon. He's the guy that the Guardians stole their ship from as he's wearing the same cloak.

Oh I thought it was an action sequence with one guy flying to Gamora.

>Two members in the Raptors one named Talon and the other Talonar

Pretty creative.

Star-Lord was suppose to be a popular hero or known thoroghout the cosmos but yeah if Rich was flying around space back then he might have bumped into Peter at some point.

Judging by what he said during that AMA a couple of months ago, he's retconning "Talon" to be the catch-all name for the Raptors' 13 most elite members.

>They're one of my favorite parts. Like the Nova, they're being retooled a bit. There are 13 Talons. High level swat versions of the Raptors. 13 Raptors of The Fraternity Of Raptors is gonna be my Wu-Tang album.

>>that cover

wow we get it he likes old cassette tapes lol so retro

How many current versions of GotG are out there?

I'm really hoping Darkhawk joins the GotG. Duggan said he's gonna be adding new members, and it would give Darkhawk his time to shine in space, following in the footsteps of Rich.

One for every book, I'm not even joking.

For example in this one, Quill mkaes it clear he doesn't wanna go to Earth. In Wolverine he doesn't have any problema with going back to Earth with all his team to help Shield of all people because 'lol they're the space guys'.

Oh OK that makes more sense, nice.

It's annoying how other writers seem to be ignoring what Duggan's doing. Even the writer of that Baby Groot mini is treating him as a child whereas Duggan's made it clear he's not even with his short stature.

Hopefully that'll change as Duggan moves the team further and further away from the MCU version. He's already said some members will be leaving.

They're a family in the movies. This is the opposite of synergy.

>He's already said some members will be leaving.

I'm guessing Drax with all his peace stuff will go.

As long as the main title has Peter and Rocket I really don't care who leaves.

Chris has been getting some attenrion lately so I agree, hopefully he joins.

I really hope so, too. Duggan seems to like the character, so that plus all of the Raptor stuff helps his chances.

I think Groot will leave as well after realizing there's something severely wrong with him, and not come back until the army of evil Groots stuff comes to the fore.

Cosmic in general is bad for that. Not a single other book uses Sams new design from Nova.

Will Infinity Quest be the first "big" cosmic story that's genuinely good in ages?

Also Duggan said they redacted something from this cover. Guessing they took a character out of the space below Rocket, as it's awkwardly empty. Probably the new member they've talked about before.

> Big Band

Peter mains chump fighting game characters, I see.

>Even the writer of that Baby Groot mini is treating him as a child

He's actually not, Rocket talks in the first issue about how there's something wrong with Groot.

Hasn't stopped him from calling Groot a child in interviews.

Dunno man, don't read the interviews. But I bought the first issue for my kid and they reference the fact that he's not growing the way he should be.

Somehow I doubt it

Why?

>Will Infinity Quest be the first "big" cosmic story that's genuinely good in ages?

I'm keeping my expectations low but if it turns out to be good then I guess it will be a win for me, that said I'm enjoying Duggan's run even if it's not perfect and the characters aren't exactly the same as the DnA run but the writing is good and the story is going somewhere.

>Also Duggan said they redacted something from this cover. Guessing they took a character out of the space below Rocket, as it's awkwardly empty. Probably the new member they've talked about before.

At some point the Guardians get a stowaway according to Duggan's AMA, seeing how Robbie Rider is somewhere in space (a plotline Duggan set in his Nova run with Sam) and he teased him in this comic I am guessing he's suppose to be there.

Of course Robbie isn't that important to brush out (pretty sure a lot of people would just wonder who he is) so whoever got taken out must be recognizable.

It's hilarious how people lost their shit when Bendis was changing Peter from old DnA to new MCU but now, when Bendis is gone, suddenly the same people is trying to justify Peter's MCU change and crying for people to let it go.

It's as if Bendis GotG hate was just pure bullshit bandwagoning.

It's as if the problem with Bendis was the shit writing and not the surface-level synergy. People were hating on Bendis' run when we didn't know anything about the movie, when Bendis' run was based on an early script that has nothing in common with the final movie except the team roster.

If you think this is about synergy you're a damn newfag.