Why was he so fucking weird?

Why was he so fucking weird?

Because the creators intentionally set out to give us a flawed humanized Superman and by result a flawed humanized Pa Kent who didn't have all the answers but tried his best to prepare Clark for the awful world around him and did the responsible thing and made sure Clark wasn't childishly naive.

At the time of his death he could see that Clark was still too spontaneous and youthful to become a proper hero/ideal.

Enough with the DCEU threads man, I'm sorry Wonder Woman is BTFO your oscarlet franchise so hard but this is not the place to vent and especially not this way

But comics and other adaptations have countless flawed Supes and Pa Kents, and they are good, but unlike them, this one is shit.

Stop saying "its different, so its gud", because people would pay even less attention to it if it wasnt for the name of the IP, and it would have even less defenders that it already has.

Because he is secretly Desaad in disguise. Darkseid sent him to make sure the Last Son of Krypton would grow into a willing follower.

>Company war fag already

Kill yourself please.

The issue is that his message swayed constantly.
>You're so important to the world
>But don't let anyone know
>You can help so many
>But let a bus of children drown

The most important aspect of Ma and Pa Kent has always been the fact that they made Clark into Clark. Superman might be Kryptonian, but Clark, who came first, is a humble farm boy who just wants to help out. They raised him to help others without expecting anything in return.

I also hated how he died in MOS. I prefer it when he's alive, because it shows that you don't always need tragedy to want to be a good person. I'll also take dying of natural causes (heart attack or Age), because it's a strong reminder to Clark that he isn't perfect, and can't save everyone.

>this one is shit.
WHY IS IT SHIT?
Explain what EXACTLY about it is shit on a technical level.

>Stop saying "its different, so its gud"
That is not what I am saying, I am saying it being different does not make it bad or incompetent.

>By son, I'm just gonna die for no reason.

He found proof of intelligent life just him and his wife. Though they had to be kind of nuts to just say "this is now my baby" in the first place.

>>You can help so many
As a mature adult not as a fucking child.
>>But let a bus of children drown
No he did not even vaguely state that such was a valid option, he spit "maybe" out in desperation to get his point across, he looked like he was going to throw up as he said it.
>I'll also take dying of natural causes (heart attack or Age), because it's a strong reminder to Clark that he isn't perfect, and can't save everyone.
And your still missing the point, the lesson Clark was suppose to learn in the Dceu wasn't that he can't save everyone but that perhaps he shouldn't try to when the consequences of doing so would be far worse then doing nothing at all.

>Son, I...

He wanted out of that movie as soon as he possibly could and he took the first ticket he could find.

It's Zack Snyder with straight face trying to be deep, while also trying to do opposite things of why Superman is awesome, while also trying to make Superman awesome to people.

He was secretly J'onn J'onzz in hiding. It's why he and Martha couldn't have kids. It's why he was so paranoid and fearful about the world finding out about Clark. It's how he vanished so seamlessly in the tornado. It's how he was able communicate with Clark via a complete hallucination and Clark not question it.

How many of the people that worked on these movies called out the shitty writing?

I think that Zod and Alfred right?

>Why was he so fucking weird?
Snyder want Superman to be Jesus, on a superficial level. This means Pa Kent can't teach Clark to be a good man because Jesus' earth father is suppose to be irrelevant.

Clark is suppose to get to 33 years old without a goal and no mission in life, because that was what Jesus was.
\
Then Jesus was suppose to suddenly get his talk with sky father and learn to be a god, not a puny human.

O

MY

INVINCIBLE

SON

Your explanations aren't based at all by what the movie presented. Nothing was properly explained, nothing was established in a way that made Pa sound anything but wishy washy.

>And you're still missing the point
Snyder missed the point of the character entirely with that decision. There are far less contrived and obnoxious ways for Clark to learn about consequences.

Also
>Don't save me, think of the consequences
>Proceeds to impale some dude's truck for being a dick

>nothing was established in a way that made Pa sound anything but wishy washy.
WHICH WAS THE POINT.
>Snyder missed the point of the character entirely with that decision
The point of the character is to be a moral starting point for Clark and they intended this Clark to be less niave and blindly negligently optimistic so they made his Pa Kent also such.

Moore pls

/thread

Glows green the eyes glow red.

Wow

Because terrible writing.

>and they intended this Clark to be less niave and blindly negligently optimistic
That only works if you assume past Supermen were blindly optimistic.

In fact, you can only say this if you think past Supermen were retards for wanting to be heroes. And that's where you lose the audience.

And to say Superman is negligent? Negligent to who?

Who ever claimed that post Supermen were negligent? Is that what you believe? That past supermen sucked for having faith in humans? That he should be as selfish as you are?

I get the point he was making, but by god, he didn't have to go about it in the most sociopathic way possible.

its shit because it felt forced as hell. no real person would've acted the way Pa Kent acted. he loved his son and wanted him to be safe from humanity but at the same time its really unrealistic of anyone willing to be swallowed by a fucking tornado for symbolic reasons. I would've at least tried to run instead of standing there and holding my hand out like the character knew he was in a movie and had to be all dramatic.

How is praising Wonder Woman a company wars thing? Have we really reached the point where even liking non Snyder DCEU movies isn't enough for Snyder fags?

>As a mature adult not as a fucking child.
He was nineteen. If you think that's a child that's a poor reflection on your own maturity.

He just really loved dogs man

>defending bad writing

>the robot chicken skit where he lifts his arms in a Jesus cross pose as he flies away
Surprisingly accurate

>his message swayed constantly
It really didn't, Clark is very important to the world and therfore he shouldn't let his secret het out when he's still a kid.
>But let a bus of children drown
But that didn't happen, Clark saved the bis and Jonathan is proud of him for it but he want Clark to be more cautious.

That's not entirely accurate.
Jesus knew his mission from an early age. Really the only story we have from his youth is when he leaves his parents to stay in the temple and discuss theology with people, affirming his mission from an early age. Joseph questions his wisdom in doing so and Jesus says "This is what I'm here for."

...But here's the thing. Clark has shades of that too, with the bus.

For old times, Sup Forums!

>stop, invincible son

>It was the point to make the Kents shitty influences as opposed to a positive family unit!

Get off the board Snyder.

He really wanted to die, otherwise there is no reason why he did not let Clark save him.

He was suffering from depression. His farm was going down because he refused to hire illegals

It should have been a lesson that Clark can't save everyone, and he needs to be careful with his gifts since people will try to use him.

Might have been a better scene if Pa wasn't such a dick throughout the movie, and maybe have Martha holding him back knowing that there was nothing he could do. Instead we get a 10 second scene of Pa holding his hand out as a tornado slowly engulfs him.