THE AVENGERS #9 Storytime - Mike Del Mundo is Back Edition

Rich Johnson blabbered very recently:
>This is a rumour. Well sourced, but a rumour nevertheless. That Jason Aaron, writer on The Mighty Thor, Star Wars and Southern Bastards will be writing The Avengers in its Marvel Legacy or post-Marvel Legacy iteration.

>And he will be joined by Esad Ribic, his artistic partner on the bound-to-sell-well Marvel Legacy #1 in September, and with whom he has shared many an issue of Thor.

>When they will join the book, I don’t know. Possibly with #672 and the Worlds Collide Part I story? Or further down the road?

>Either way, that is the rumour…

Someone please contact Ivan Brandon for the fate of his upcoming Image book VS.

It's kind of amazing that there's an Avengers book going on right now and nobody cares. Like, the only thing I saw come from this book is Nadia fangirling over Dr. Doom.

So that means Del Mundo is going to be free right? I actually hate the fact that this guy is fucking talented yet he's always stuck illustrating mediocre and boring as fuck books. Kinda like how Manali is over at DC.

*Manapul

Del Mundo needs to go to DC and do one of those prestige format books they're cooking up.

>it a "Waid focuses on a single team member and no one else (teammates) in a team book" episode
Whor will be in one of the final battles against the SECRET EMPIRE

NEXT ISSUE: HYDRAvengers spotlight!

What the fuck is up with this dreadful image quality? Just look at the balloons, it's all so compressed.

For 56k poorfags.

>finally got Del Mundo on big title book,the avengers
>turns out its the dullest of all the other avenger books

what a curse

And Mundo gets all Weirdworld on us. Is anyone else sick of this artist? Maybe I've just been spoiled with such great artists Choi, Crain, Sorrentino and the list goes on.

Literally nobody is sick of Del Mundo, just the books he's put on

nice Hoping for Cthon trying to flirt with Elisa in Wanda's part of next issue if its segmented into focusing on each member

Well it is the least relevant Avengers book in 20 years.

Ever since Bendis all the events and status quo changes came out of Avengers and now this book is relegated to tying into other books Events.

He should be on Aquaman or Wonder Woman

Re Mundo: The covers for vol 2 of X-Men: Legacy were great. But it's been pretty much crap thereafter lol

OH NO!
The Seal of Orichalcos!

Is that a bad thing? Hickman's run was simultaneously the most important book in NOW and had loads of irrelevant issues.

that would be too good. we can't have that

thats cute

>Does it have Hulk?
No
>Does it have Thor
Not the one anyone cares about
>How about Ironman
He's deadish
>Captain Am-
Noooooooooooope
>Is there any avenger that a lot of people care about
We have Spiderman and Vision. This is our "a-list hero team".

coolio

Hello new reaction image.

Wait a minute
Why is Thor a woman?

so did he dead or was he teleport to dead?

>>Does it have Thor
>Not the one anyone cares about
I seem to recall her sales held better than old thors for a very very long time

Really? I seem remember the opposite.

Someone bring over some sales numbers.

Old Thor ended around God bomb and she picked up and the sales jump but the decline wasnt as fast to get back down to god bomb territory

>kneel before yod

>Cricket and how long it took to explain

Is that HGttG reference.

Looking forward to this.

I like this guy. I hope he doesn't turn out to be evil.

give me taskmaster/deadpool moments please

Oh no, please don't kill this guy off. That last panel is death flag as fuck.

Jane Foster was worthy and gained the power of Thor when she lifted mjolnir.

Damn son, now that was badass.

MASAKA !

This reads to me like Spencer had no idea how to incorporate Jane Foster into Secret Empire's plot so they just stuck her on a bus

he has some other great stuff

I see gay frogs.

> Whenever Thor's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Thor"?

> Chthon spaghetti-ing in front of Elisa. "W-will you marry me?"

> Elisa all over Steve. "T-they're just friends..."

> Wanda laughing her ass off at Cuckthon. "W-wanda, please no bully!"

> Chthon asks Wanda for dating advice.

This is a nice little story but a fucking generic pointless one.

It's the hero is in a strange world and makes/helps a friend episode.

Pepe?

It's really bad. I think Nadia's a big problem; they try to write her as the voice of morality, but it is done in the worst way.
>No, Doom, you don't understand, girls need ambition, so don't punish them for trying to sacrifice people to Satan!
>No, guys, don't defend yourself against Avenger X, she's been trapped for so long! I'll defeat her, by trapping her in the Microverse with no escape!

I think Waid is planning to show she's kind of a fuckup with not enough experience of consequences of her actions.

Also, crazy as Hank.

I doubt it. There's been no indication of any consequence for her actions. At the very least, have Doom go off on her for lecturing him, of all people, on ambition.

>THE AVENGERS #9
No than-
>Mike Del Mundo is Back Edition
Okay fine

That's a consequence of her getting an ongoing. It's why The Avengers should be B-list characters who can't support their own book, A-listers can't get any development in team books when they have to reserve that for their own books. Now Waid has to go with what Whitley does instead of his own plans.

? I liked the art here, reminds me of French comics. Seemed appropriate to the alien world.

It's insane to me that there is an Avengers book selling just over 30K

Wow I really liked that. Great issue. Is there more like this? I rather read this than another save-the-galaxy event.