How do you get out of this one?

>How do you get out of this one?

It's time for the end of the middle.
Walter and Brandon make their stand.
Chloe and her rebellion fight tooth and nail.
Who will make it out of this on top?

This is-
Jupiter's Legacy #10 (Vol.2 #5)

And here we go...after around 4 years from issue 1.

I have a feeling that Repro was originally meant to be Kasey from SuperCrooks.

Millar said that the SuperCrooks would have cameos but that never came to pass, and she's done this already.

Wow, this is a dangerous game.

Here we fuckin go

I'll be satisfied as long as Brain-Wave gets what's been coming to him for the past 70 years. Anything else is just a bonus. Don't fucking blueball me on this Millar, I mean it...

So there is more than one Millarverse.

It's an Earth 1/Earth 2 deal.

Well, Circle and Legacy were only Parts 1 and 2 of a planned trilogy.

I love Kid Utopian.

Brandon, will you ever stop being a goddamn moron?

That's what happens when you disrespect two different legacies in one, Walter.

Long live, Skyfox and Blue Bolt.

God damn it. Looks like Skyfox really is fried. If they at least explain how Walter pulled that trick, it may lessen the pain

AND IT ONLY TOOK 4 1/2 YEARS

I wonder how long Jupiter's Third will take!

so like... you could have done that at any time?

Y E S
E
S

I appreciate you not spoiling the catharsis Dave

Seriously Brandon

How could you not see this coming?

Brandon is offensively stupid. Brain-wave is actually an evil guy, but brandon is just the pinnacle of immaturity.

Well....that's really sweet.

I'd have loved it if it were more of a navy color though.

Well, this cements the prologue from Circle as a true flashforward prologue, if anyone was on the fence about that.

No wonder Blue Bolt is part of the trinity.

Smoosh

Was there ever an explanation for Wolfe's yarmulke? He was a "Hans Landa" type who just happened to be Jewish? Sounds like surface level "irony" from ol' Millar.

Industrious kid

Nope, but as someone mentioned in Monday's storytime threads - it feels more like a visual callback to the Inquisition

>getting coldclocked so hard it can be seen from the other side of the solar system

Bye Brandon!

Good question.

I hope we get to see what the kid find out.

What kind of bullshit is this

And that's the end of Jupiter's Legacy.

Is the final chapter in the Jupiter's Trilogy still on the cards? It might be a while until we find out.
Til then: THE END.

See you around

Well, I'm fucking retarded - it's listed right at the bottom.

Jupiter's Requiem!

And also, SuperCrooks 2 is out later this year.

I won't be ready to die until I track down Mark Millar and force him to explain how Brain-Wave could just light up Skyfox like a Roman candle...this will haunt me.

I figure it's tied into their standard psionic powers.

lets replace the stars with a maga hat. I love it.

But that would completely undermine the speech she's making...sorry kid.

I think it's just someone throwing their cap up

This is fucking clever.

I don't know how he can expand on J.L. short of making everything suck again, which would be a shame.

Well, since this is a generational story - Requiem will probably focus on Kid Utopian all grown up and trying to figure out who and what the aliens were.

It's going to be the ayy lmaos, they built up that recording device and its message. Kid Utopian's going to crack it

Damn I always forgot about that. That's almost silver age level fuckery

YESSS

millar had to be a faggot

What's your fucking problem

>why do we love our children so much?
goddamn, what a tragic character.

Hrm... so in the end Walter had victory in his grasp and ended up dying entirely from his own hubris. Kinda disappointing but it's very Millar.

I like Neutrino's costume, simple but appealing and the orange visor's a nice touch, i hope i can find a full picture of it soon.

No because he was shielding himself or something, he was sandbagging his attacks to make him lower his guard.

I fucking love Skyfox costume

I completely forgot about this. How long ago was the last issue?

This is the most satisfying page I've seen so far this year, I've waiting for Walter to get his.

today

It makes me wonder why he never did this before, but it's so satisfying I'm waving it.
>why do we love our children so much
aw geez

what's this about? the plot seems meh tier but the tight spandex on everyone gives me boners

It's a generational story told in three maxiseries.

The first is called Jupiter's Circle and about the original superteam and their personal lives.
This is the second called Jupiter's Legacy about their kids and how the stuff from the first has caused rifts, detachment, and basically they have to learn how to be heroes.

Few can render a crotch bulge as lustily as Frankie Q.

I can't believe Skyfox dies such a lame death despite being one of the OG heroes.

Just realized, The Heat would have totally lost that bet.

Quitely art is always a treat.

>Millar's desire to do something cool overcomes his desire to plot once again

Bit silly that the Big Bad Wolfe dies to this given what he tanked before.

Yeah. I feel like this is the most complete and competently executed superhero thing Millar has ever done, and it works on a lot of themes he's tackled before but better, but it still has these Millarisms in the action that kinda throw you. Not like I care that much, this had some of the best action scenes I've seen in the whole 4 years it's run.

Thanks Dave, just found this series from your story time. I feel privileged to have skipped the 4 years and enjoy it start to finish in the last 24 hours.

A politician he doesn't like became president in a fictional universe.

Who are those two on the right again?

No fucking idea

The one in yellow is the girl who can shrink to subatomic size who's name I already forgot maybe it's Photon?

Neutrino.

Is the guy in blue the ice guy?

It has been so long that I don't even remember, the last time I read it they introduced the guy who was a tracer or something.

Like a JSA? that's interesting

Yeah, pretty much.

What do you think Jupiter's Requiem will be about? The mysteries of the ayy lmaos finally being solved?

Likely.
And about an adult Jason since otherwise the structure would be screwed haha.

yeah, i think mostly adult kid utopian finding out about the ayylmaos and also his grandfathers' works, especially skyfox's research into whatever he was into in seclusion. i honestly just hope the new circle is able to run things relatively smoothly.

I hope SuperCrooks 2 is able to tie that into this main saga a bit more. It's part of the family tree, and with the new status quo - it'd be interesting their dynamic/

So I went back and read that myself and the sequence is:
>Skyfox produces a wave of flame to throw back the younger heroes
>Brainwave hits him with a more concentrated flame and incinerates him
Quitely makes it clear the flame on Skyfox is more intense, and the dialogue is about Skyfox sitting around getting old. I think George really did just not come up to par - it makes sense. He'd truly retired, whereas Brain-Wave had been using and refining his superpowers constantly. He might've had more raw ability but he was too long out of practice to win.

When I read the issue first, I just assumed it was a dupe. But reading this one and thinking it's not, it's not as bullshit as I assumed either.

Can you tell us which characters are standing beside the others when Chloe gives her speech?

Yeah, One is the Wanted Earth (where Wanted, Chosen, MPH, Marvel 1985, Kick-Ass, Nemesis, Secret Service/Kingsman, and Superior happened) and the other is the Jupiter's Circle/Jupiter's Legacy Earth (where Supercrooks also happened).

where does Empress, Reborn and Starlight fit in

That's not what "sonic boom" is, Millar. Sonic boom is when something goes superfast. Speaking of which, I'm supposed to believe she couldn't take off into supersonic flight and create a sonic boom this way? Come on. That's just dumb.

All on Wanted Earth.

How can you shield yourself from teleportation with an external shield? What kind of shield this even is?

I mean, damn. Millar had ten issues to establish rules and laws and stuff, and extra twelve with Jupiter's Circle, and we know almost fucking nothing. Logic of this world is criminally underwritten, just saying.

Also how did they release the criminals? I'm supposed to believe that Supermax, this super-duper-impossible to break out of-prison had a 'release everyone' button just lying around? Without even something like two-man rule?

How the fuck did noone BEFORE break out of it? That's just bad writing.
I knew Millar will need to do some heavy bullshit to wrap up the entire series in one issue, but that's just extremely disappointing overall.

So is SuperCrooks in the same universe or not? Because I'm confused.

>How can you shield yourself from teleportation with an external shield?

It's a star trek shield.

Wait a second, was the sonic boom thing a reference to the sonic boom gun Skyfox used to incapacitate the giant squid monster from the first issue of Circle?

Yeah, it is.
The first is set inbetween Circle and Legacy and Kasey, Johnny Bolt's girlfriend, is Walter's daughter.

There's a sly reference in the previous issue that Jack Frost sold Skyfox's meeting table to Johnny Bolt.

>If she went microscopic, she'd take a million years to get there
I wish more writers realised this and used it in size changing superhero stories.

kek
plot is admittedly weak, () but it's Millar... the art is great, and the story has plenty of emotion and heart, even if cheesy and overly sentimental at times.
yeah, it was surprisingly quick and somewhat underwhelming, but Walter gets rekt in a similarly brutal fashion so I guess it balances out
I don't like this idea desu, not everything has to be a shared universe and Wanted Earth just makes things messier and ruins suspension of disbelief for series like Kingsman or Wanted, since you have demons/Hell (Superior), aliens (Empress), and some sort of weird afterlife that doesn't really make any sense (Reborn)

>I don't like this idea desu, not everything has to be a shared universe and Wanted Earth just makes things messier and ruins suspension of disbelief for series like Kingsman or Wanted, since you have demons/Hell (Superior), aliens (Empress), and some sort of weird afterlife that doesn't really make any sense (Reborn)

Yeah, if you think about it for one second - it makes zero sense haha.

But it's an idea that Millar is very keen on so...you just gotta accept the broadstrokes. Also in Reborn it is revealed that there's a proper afterlife, presumably heaven