Who has the best rogue's gallery?

Who has the best rogue's gallery?
Is it Bats? Spidey? Flash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2dogwxBBPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Iron-man needs to get his rogue back. And wonderwoman needs to get her ass out of her Greek shit. I mean I get it, She is amazon. But, Shazam is closer to the geek gods than her.

Dc writers even trying to remove geeks gods out of him and replace it with fake gods.

X-Meng

>Current Best
Batman. Spider-Man is close, but I feel because of Gotham and its history, the Bat-Rogues get an extra mark. The Jonah Hex ties, the Court, Arkham, all of those shape the Bat-Verse beyond Marvel's NY Hub.

>Most Underrated
Captain America's. Seriously, he has some really good ones, and a lot of them with potential.

>Most Potential
Iron Man. Yeah, I'm serious. Almost all of his villains have a great basis, but they're not popular enough to be used, so they remain in limbo. You've got people representing different ideologies and dogmas, plain old villains, some loveable rogues. With some tinkering, the IM foes could become as classic as the Spider-Man ones.

To be perfectly honest, I'd put up Superman's rogues before Flash's. Maybe Green Lantern's as well.

Everyone seems to be in a rush to give Iron Man new villains while barely acknowledging most of his existing ones, outside of Mandarin and Madame Masque (and even then they're underutilzed or the point of the character is missed). And then the brand new enemies are often derivatives of existing ones that don't bring anything interesting or new to the table.

Think of the past several runs by different writers since the Extremis arc. How many of the brand new villains they kept introducing during that have you seen mentioned in any comic since then, even the very next run by the next writer coming in? None.

Bendis mentioned his mission statement for Iron Man was giving him "cool" enemies to fight and trashed the existing ones, going "who cares about these lame guys?" while jerking off to Madame Masque for the nth time.

Then he gave Tony a bunch of generic ninjas to fight. In fact, even after he put Tony into a coma and switched over to Riri, he's STILL pushing those same generic ninja enemies as the only enemies being dealt with in the book, last I saw.

Iron Man: Armored Adventures did a lot of weird things, like making Tony and his immediate supporting cast teenagers, but if there's one thing everyone can agree on it doing well, it's breathing new life into Tony's rogue gallery and proving they're worthwhile and pretty damn interesting when someone gives a shit. Just look at Ghost in the comics over the past couple of years; he was by far one of the most popular characters in Thunderbolts during his time on the book, because he was being written by writers who actually cared about him.

I like Spider-Man's more than even Batman's. Maybe it's due to over exposure but I swear I can't stand to even look at most of Bats' enemies. Flash's are neat but it seems they can only be used in certain circumstances for them to even be able to function.

Iron Man outside of Ghost, I just don't see any potential. Mandarin has never ever been interesting. They've had him as an evil wizard, a mad scientist, a conqueror and a sinister industrialist and every iteration has been lame.
All the other guys in armor work as thugs or occasional one-offs but the last time he had a real nemesis worth a damn was during the Extremis thing.

Cap has a bunch of goofy shit that I just don't see ever working without MAJOR revisions.

Ghost was the coolest villain in AA

There isn't any question that Batman has the best, most memorable rogues gallery in Western comics. They're almost icons in their own right. Joker alone is nearly as popular as Batman.

Spider-man is a close second, but I don't think Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus have nearly the level of appeal or recognition that Batman's rogues do, and Spidey-Green Goblin's relationship isn't nearly as strong and mythic as the Bats-Joker relationship.

Cap has Red Skull and the whole stable of bad guys that comes with him, like Crossbones, Malice, Faustus, Zola. He's got the other old Nazi villains like Strucker and Zemo, along with HYDRA's multitude of leaders and enforcers. Batroc's a dependable standby. You've got weird niche ones like Scourge and Baron Blood. Then you've got all the evil, failed Captain America knock-offs like 50s Commie Smasher Cap or Nuke.

They're mostly rooted in his wartime past but Cap has a solid stable of baddies.

>Cap has Red Skull and the whole stable of bad guys that comes with him

that are almost entirely non-memorable and no one gives a shit about.

From a marketing perspective, Batman without a doubt.

But if we're talking dynamics, how they relate to and work with each other as a proper gallery, then the Rogues win every time.

Batroc is cool.

Has there ever been a modern attempt to make Batroc look cool? Or is he always a "LOL FRENCHIE" punchline?

Crossbones and Sin are pretty memorable, also Strucker and Zemo.
The others not so much.
It's not as good as the three OP mentioned sure, but it's a cut above Iron Man for sure.

How soon people forget.

He was fine in Gwenpool

When he was fighting Bucky Barnes he was treated as a serious combatant. Batroc is a normal human fighting against a supersoldier. He is a excellent fighter but bit quirky.

He also stared in the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2dogwxBBPw

The whole opening scene was some fresh air from the MCU.

Yeah, purple klansman is very, very iconic

He was fine but he was explicitly a punchline there. Gwenpool directly comments on him being a joke.

Most popular does not equal best. Batman is popular so his rogues are too. The Flash has better Rogues because they are actually semi realistic and 3 Dimensional.

Of course he was.

Not really.
The punchline itself wasn't in the comic, Gwen only pointed out that that's how he's usually written.

>Batman
literally perfect tier rogue's gallery
>Spider-man
most of them are just bank robbers and shared by other Marvel heroes
>Flash
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He was presented as a man with dignity.

I know they rarely ever hold a candle to the likes of Arkham's usual suspects, or even the Central City Rogues, but I've always had a soft spot for Superman's bad guys. They don't seem to ever be as sorely mischaracterized as any of Batman's foes on their worst days, and most of them have at least have a few good standalone stories of their own. They're just underutilized as fuck and are never given anything interesting to do for some reason, outside of maybe the occasional cameos in multi-villain brawls.

I love White-Shirt-Man.

Wait, who's the shirtless guy?

Metallo, utilizing the entire bullshit rainbow of different Kryptonites to go up against Zod and the other Phantom Zone prisoners.

>Metallo
Oh, I didn't recognize him with so much skin.

If you read comics you would know he's not a villain, but hey, this is Sup Forums after all.

Bring back Ultimo

whats Sandman doing there?

Nuke isn't evil. Easily misled or confused, but in general he just wants to help his country. The roid rage makes it easy for evil people to manipulate him.

Firestorm's rogues are my favorite.

>Just a normal french dude who can fight cap to a standstill for a while

For once MCU got a villain right.

Exactly. The Gillen run wasn't perfect, but it was at least average, retcons aside. But the Bendis run is entirely awful. Ree-Ree aside, he really did nothing of note.
>Iron Man outside of Ghost, I just don't see any potential.

Nah, there's tons. Controller alone can just be an Earth-bound Darkseid. He has tons of characters rooted in ideologies and systems that could use an update in this day and age. Lots of small-time crooks that could band together to form his own "Rogues". Lots of businessmen. Alien threats. He has variety. People just don't care.
Ultimo has a lt of potential. Hes alien sentient tech. He could be a much scarier Ultron tbqh.

>that are almost entirely non-memorable and no one gives a shit about.

Moviecasual pls go

Iron Man has an underrated rogues gallery. I miss back in the 70s and 80s when he mixed superheroing with corporate espionage.

>Crimson Dynamo
>Titanium Man
>Blizzard
>Unicorn
>Melter
>Fin Fang Foom
>Ultimo
>Firepower
>Madame Masque
>Dreadknight
>Living Laser

Very underrated.

Spidey, Flash, and Bats are no-duhs

Best non-S/F/B rogues galleries (no order)
>Captain America
>Fantastic Four
>Darkwing Duck
>Iron Man
>X-Men
>Daredevil

>Shitting on Cap's rogues
Red Skull, Zemo, Flag Smasher, Serpent Society, Baron Blood, Crossbones, Batroc, Strucker, Zodiac, Arnim Zola, and the Secret Empire you fruit basket.

Shit I forgot Superman

Yeah, pretty realistic. God flashfags are always butthurt.

Anyway I put superman at least as high as spider-man. But the second place isn't superman or spider-man, it's the fantastic four.

Batman > fantastic four > superman/spiderman > x-men > captain marvel > Silver fucking surfer.

I don't like that batman is the most popular superhero, or that had an unfair number of good writers doing graphic novels, or how other characters seem to be idiots when batman is in the same room (just like superman makes everyone weak), but denying batman has the best enemies is either retarded or comes from being butthurt. AS A CAPTAIN ATOMFAG I get being butthurt, but fuck is annoying that we can't have a nice thread without some fag crying muh batwank or something like that.

Ghost is pretty cool, and the best part is with his anti-corporate motivations in a setting where most major corporations are fucking evil (secretly or otherwise) he can serve equally in an antagonistic or supporting role, often within the same plot.

>Red Skull, Zemo, Flag Smasher, Serpent Society, Baron Blood, Crossbones, Batroc, Strucker, Zodiac, Arnim Zola, and the Secret Empire you fruit basket.
We've seen them a million times and they rarely make any kind of impact. They are simply not a strong rogues gallery. Red Skull aside just look what they've done with him in the past few years. If ever it was possible for a character to jump a shark, it was him

Sandman was the original member of the Frightful Four, which includes Medusa, Wizard and Trapster/Pot Paste Pete

Yeah... Captain America has a extremely shitty time with his villians.

How would Wonder Woman's enemies rank, at least in terms of untapped/underused potential?

I bet so much fucking money you barely read C.A. comics that aren't recent.

>impact = quality
So if they aren't popular or in a million things, they aren't good villains. Gotcha. Also, the Secret Empire was a MASSIVE threat across the entire MU, even with the X-Men and Avengers having to deal with them. The reveal of their leader led to Steve quitting for a bit.

>Queen Clea of Sunken Atlantis
hol' on, any relation to Arthur?

Eh. I'd say the ones with the most potential are Dr. Cyber, Cheetah, Giganta, and Dr. Psycho.

Very high. They're probably in contention for the most popular topic of "rogues gallery revamp" threads on Sup Forums.

If you are saying the fucking UNICORN and Firbrand are good, without those characters meaning anything, not being interesting and not mattering at all then I have to wonder what you're basing it on.

>Not a single man the fight

Pity

>Blue Snow Man
>Man

>Firebrand and Unicorn
>Captain America villains

WEW
E
W

No, she kinda predates the whole "shared universe" thing.

Unicorn just needs a good costume.

Yeah, Azz's WonderWoman run's focus on the entire Greek pantheon sucked

The Greek pantheon is more or less mined out in regards to modern fantasy. Writers really need to remember that there is a huge amount of Greek mythology that is tangential to the gods.

You know what? I dropped the ball on that one, I admit it.
I was still in Iron Man mode...

won't having a gallery (best one to boot) mean you suck as a hero?

>ma petit chou-fleur

Google translate tier

>capitan

I'd argue Howard, if not for Kidney Lady alone

In a way it would.

Iron Man needs a villain team-up ala the Sinister Six.

There was one, back in the 80s. Blizzard, Spymaster, Beetle and a couple of others.

I think Dr. Bong is seriously underused, especially in the current political climate.

How many villains out there focus on fucking journalism and disinformation?

I honestly don't get how Ronan isn't part of the FF movie rights.

>Zara and Clea are borderline identical looking
wut

Blue Snow Man's a lady in disguise

The best kind of ladies are the ones you think are robot guys.

It's ok user, I still love you.

But I'm gonna defend Unicorn. I like his gimmick, I like his costume (the updated one, not his original), and I like the idea that he was connected to Anton Vanko as his professional bodyguard.

You can barely tell from that panel; but Queen Clea usually had a solid green dress with white polka dots, whereas Zara had a looser fitting pair of green see-through pants.

The answer is always Batman

Flash has some of the most well written rogues in comics,

Spiderman.....his are shit. They are mooks that rob banks and...that's it. There is no redeeming quality to any of them.

I want Tetsuya Nomura to take a crack at Unicorn.

Zara is perfect for a modern revamp.

Easily Batman. Spider-man having good villains is a dumb meme

Spidey only has 4 or 5 good villains, and most of those are carried by a single story. Spider-man villains aren't meant to be compelling or anything. Just means to an end and give Peter a superhero life to cry about. It'd get boring if all he did was fight normal crooks, thus where the supervillains come in. Honestly, the team heroes from Marvel have more inventive and interesting rogues than any solo hero.

Lex Luthor

Spider-Man's have shown time and time again to be able to be a threat to other heroes, sometimes even more so than to Spider-Man. Sandman and Rhino fought Hulk. Electro could be god-tier power levels when the writers let him.
SO many fun villains. The Goblins, Scorpion, Chameleon, Venom (and all the derivative symbiotes) Morbius. Lizard, Mysterio, Shocker, Beetle, Molten Man, Jackal, and that's without going into the arguably esoteric ones like Legion of Losers or White Rabbit.

The Sinister Six are Avengers level threats when together. It shows how badass Spider-Man actually is when his baddies are shown to be more dangerous than they seem to be when against him.
Spidey also tends to pick up lesser known guys like Speed Demon and Boomerang, again, larger threats who were able to take on Avengers and Defenders.

He's got those great mobster guys like Enforcers, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Silvermane, The Rose. Don't forget the Kingpin is still Spidey's despite getting commandeered by Daredevil.

I don't know. Overall Spidey's group is the most interesting and varied group that comes to mind when I think hero-specific rogues.

>Frightful Four
>Sinister Six
>Masters of Evil
>Brotherhood of Mutants
>X-men
Why do villains always have retarded group nammes

Spiderman

>Brotherhood of Mutants

It's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, actually. Gotta make the distinction that they're evil, clearly.

I think part of the reason is that since the Cold War ended, Iron Man comics have tried to stay "modern/current" (fitting for Iron Man) in order to stay relevant. But I think the corporate espionage aspect was a huge part of what made Iron Man different from Marvel heroes and the stories interesting to read (even back in the 60's)

That's not all Spider-Man's villains do. Besides couldn't you make that comparison with Flash's Rogues? They are bank robbers as well. Nothing wrong with that.

>most of those are carried by a single story
FUCKING KRAVEN
The only reason Kraven is ever brought up is because some casual read Kraven's Last Hunt and thought it was the greatest Spider-Man story ever and should immediately be adapted into a movie even though that wouldn't make a cohesive film and it wouldn't work with a high school aged Spidey

I like it don't get me wrong, but it gets tiring hearing about how Kraven is some incredible villain when in reality he's a one-hit-wonder

Who is post-man?

Honestly it's pretty accurate to real life gang and assassination squad names, the closest comparison to villain groups we have. One of the most feared groups of killers in New York history were four Jewish gangsters who called themselves "Murder Inc".

Probably Batman. Spidey's close, for sure, but unlike Spidey's rogues, almost every single Batman rogue can convincingly act as a main antagonist and, in the hands of the right writer, the story can be interesting and compelling. There's very few bland or one-dimensional Batman villains from the main Batman rogue roster.

Spidey's rogues are full of iconic, but not particularly multi-dimensional, villains. Whereas almost every Batman villain has a modus operandi and a psychology behind them.

The only villains that are really compelling in Spidey's roster are Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, Kraven, and The Lizard. His other villains just don't have as much substance for a compelling story with them as the primary antagonist.

In a way, I think Batman's popularity is due to his rogue as much as the character itself and its gadgets.
I'm sure anybody who doesn't even give a shit about comics can name 5 Batman villains. I doubt that's the case with any other superhero.

How is Kazam closer. Wonder Woman is an Amazon and daughter of a god. Thats as greek as you can get bro. Kazam is just some queer kid that met some weirdo in a cave

Shouldn't Black Panther be in there?

>I don't read comics

>Kazam

Well he died quite a while ago. Can't do much memorable stuff while dead.

I look at this picture and think
Why does spiderman have so many green colored badguys?

>Kazam

In terms of overall importance to the company it's got to be the F4, but calling then a rogues gallery isn't really fair.
Importance to their company, unparalleled; as a cast of recurring antagonists, not so much.

The Flash and FF hands down have the best rogues in comics.