AMA.

(or don't)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uAjKGutv8I
youtube.com/watch?v=KkEIdDhSh4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, and it was worse than TASM2 btw.

How many after credits scenes?

Do you think white people should feel pride in their accomplishments?

I won't

Stan's cameo ? I think is the only thing that left to watch after the trailer

Is it worth watching in theaters

Does it suffer the Marvel shitty villain curse?

What was the after credits?

Is Ganke terrible or tolerable?

Does Peter or May ever mention anything about Ben or responsibility?

2 you have a thread has been leaked

Two.
One was in a prison, Vulture talking to a guy with a Scorpion Tattoo. The other one was a gag that's been posted in another thread.

I enjoyed Ganke more than I thought I would, and I'm usually against those sorta characters.

A few fleeting mentions.

I guess, but I get 2for1 tickets, so it's really hard to regret seeing a movie for £5.
I'm gonna say no. Definitely one of the better Marvel Villains by far.
Fuck off.

in that image...why are his fingers clipping into the wall?

he's supposed to be hanging off the brick which is retarded anyway because he can stick to walls

How much does it suck?

How much does it disrespect the character?

>How much does it disrespect the character?
As far as we know: no spidersense, no uncle Ben > is Ironman instead, Aunt May discover that he's Spiderman and a couple of racebending > MJ

will she ever love me?

movie related question
do you think the spider universe will be good? or should sony cancel it and just let disney keep spiderman

how does it rank compared to the rest of the MCU?

I saw some clips and they were downright unfunny. Does it really have a Disney show feel to it?

He's anything like comic peter parker when not wearing a mask?By the trailers he looks like the opposite.

Not the OP, but I genuinely have to say 'Not muh Spider-Man'.

It's a decent Marvel movie, meaning it's not bad but it's also not good, it's the pinnacle of 'meh'.

Pete was shown to be amazing in Civil War and there, they had his character down completely.

In his own movie though? Aside from some dorky Parker goofs that are him, there are so many other things wrong.

For one he is completely emasculated by Iron Man, this movie should have just been called "Iron Man: The Story of Spider-Boy" as literally EVERYTHING is done by Tony, he saves Peter numerous times, gives him everything he needs and essentially is the driving force behind the climatic point of the movie... which makes no sense to me. Oh and even Tony comes up with the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man' line too.

Also the line "Without that suit, I'm nothing." is something Peter would never say. The whole point of his character is he wants to have a normal life but he HAS to be Spider-Man.

Flash Thomson is now also a popular Middle-Eastern descended kid who is on the Academia team for some reason?

Liz Allen is black, though I didn't actually mind this, this was fine.

Michel Jones a.k.a MJ was a stupid as fuck reveal and was not necessary at all.

For all the other movies flaws, at least Raimi paid homage to the Golden Age comics of Spidey, and the ASM series paid so much homage to the Ultimate series.

Homecoming looked like it was a movie were people did not understand the core concepts of Spider-Man but just wanted to see some web slinging fun.

It's fine, but in terms of Spidey movies, this one is only slightly better than Spider-Man 3 in my opinion, Micheal Keaton's Vulture is literally the only reason to watch this. As his character, concept and motivation are all completely relateable and done extremely well.

>Oh and even Tony comes up with the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man' line too.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

>"Without that suit, I'm nothing."
Kill them with fire.

Did Spidey have the Spider-sense?

Any Mention of Uncle Ben?

Ultimate Spiderman or classic-pre-Bendis Spiderman?

>Did Spidey have the Spider-sense?
No.

>Any Mention of Uncle Ben?
Zero. Aunt May acts like nothing ever happened.

I should mention that at no point does Flash EVERY do any sort of track and field, nor does he even touch a football.

Why the fuck did the actor even put on weight? He's just a fatty now.

>Michel Jones a.k.a MJ was a stupid as fuck reveal and was not necessary at all.
Oh for fuck's sake.

>Flash Thomson is now also a popular Middle-Eastern descended kid who is on the Academia team for some reason?
5'2 arab nerds are very popular in school wtf are you talking about?

then what the fucks does he do? cyberbullly peter?

Any possible hint of Spiderboy becoming Spiderman in the next film? Like any hint of character growth, etc by the end of the film?

Eh, he just give up being an Avenger for the moment.

Will he EVER become Spider-MAN though? Honestly every time he opened his mouth he squeked like a mouse. I don't know, the guy is fucking 21 or something, maybe he should take up smoking or get some testosterone shots to deepen his voice.

He DJ's during a scene at a party and gets the crowd going as he says "When I say Penis! You say...!" "PARKER!" "PENIS!" "PARKER!"

There is but it's still all thanks to Iron Man and none of it to do with Peter fighting his own demons or such.

>He DJ's during a scene at a party and gets the crowd going as he says "When I say Penis! You say...!" "PARKER!" "PENIS!" "PARKER!"
There is ANY similarity beetwen him and comic Flash?

>He DJ's during a scene at a party and gets the crowd going as he says "When I say Penis! You say...!" "PARKER!" "PENIS!" "PARKER!"
Literally "HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW KIDS" tier. Holy shit.

He calls him Penis Parker.

I liked the movie quite a bit but Flash is fucking abysmal. He's not a physically intimidating bully, he's not the abused kid of a drunk beat cop, he's not even close to a match for Peter intellectually so he's a failure as a "nerd" bully. He's not even a fan of Spider-Man, which is the entire point of the character. He's just a shitty rich kid who picks on Peter for no reason and he's not even good at it.

So...why Peter don't kick his ass?He's bigger and stronger even without his powers.

He lied to me

>Golden Age comics
>of Spidey
wew

>He calls him Penis Parker.
B T F O

He covered that in Civil War. He can't just go from hipster nerd to guy who effortlessly kicks the shit out of shitty bullies. And Flash doesn't even do anything bad enough here to actually deserve an ass kicking honestly, just name calling. In Ditko Spidey he'd always give Peter shit after Peter got his ass kicked by the Rhino or he had to duck out of a date with Betty Brant or something and Peter genuinely wanted to turn him into paste and had to really struggle to control himself. Flash was actively looking for a physical confrontation there and he wanted Peter to give him one, but he couldn't. And they undercut that with his completely genuine adoration and hero worship of Spidey, so Peter would get a ton of shit from the Bugle for doing what he could, and the only person at school fighting his corner was the bully who hated his guts as Parker. There was real pathos there, there's fucking nothing here. Homecoming Flash is the kind of irritating douchebag who keeps calling you the same shitty nickname and when you actually try to call him out on it he just goes WHOA IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

Aunt May discovering Peter's secret identity is played as a joke, innit

Yes.

I hope this entire thread is a lie
youtube.com/watch?v=4uAjKGutv8I

I'm really glad they did a good job with Toomes. Doubt they're going to do anything interesting with him in Sinister Six but the whole sequence of him in the car with Peter and Liz was fantastically done.

Chances of seeing Mary Jane?

Any Oscorp reference?

Zendaya's basically just MJ. An MJ/Michelle Gonzales hybrid, but still basically just MJ. Hated that, they were to fucking cowardly to make a real black MJ but creatively bankrupt enough to not make an actual new character.

Nothing in particular, Scorpion might be bankrolled by them in the sequel like they had planned for their last attempt at a Sinister Six movie but they don't mention Oscop by name once.

Im pissed about the MJ thing on so many levels.
>Didnt have the balls to fully commit to a black Mary Jane Watson and instead do this shitty OC creation
>Kill any chance of having Mary Jane in this universe, and the stand in wont act anything like the character
>Audiences will eat this shit up and the character will continue to get shafted in comics

Onlyinsofar as they achieved them personally.
Pointing to a historical group you incidentally fall into is the refuge of those with no merit of their own.

Surprisingly, no. And he survives.
Prowler was better than I expected from Dong Lover.

The film acts like he's going to die in the standard shitty MCU fashion but then Spidey just sort of awkwardly saves him. Feels like alternate footage they went with instead of the actual intended ending but I'm not complaining, more Keaton's a good thing.

Who gives a fuck? This movie had maybe 5 minutes dedicated to romance. Everything else is about Spider-Man. You want more romance? Watch CW.
I want more Spider-Man in my Spider-Man movies. And I got it.

How big was his butt

Romance plays a huge part in Spider-man, you fucking baby.

Well he's still a kid, you can't expect MCU Peter to be on the same level as adult comic Peter just yet on the first movie.

>Penis Parker
youtube.com/watch?v=KkEIdDhSh4k

Does Peter at least manage to get a few jabs in?

...this was all stuff that Pete has shown to be when he was fifteen.

Like in the Ultimate series, Vol 1 had him acting in the way that he should be. Pete is a very moral standing guy and he knows he doesn't need the suit to be a moral standing guy because of Uncle Ben, whom this movie failed to even mention.

Did you like it?

Hey OP, who's Vulture's daughter?

i mean, look at the douche playing him. the guy playing falcon said he was a prick to everyone on set.

Dude, we had that one.
Just like we had the Flash dynamic back in the first iteration.
And I swear if I have to see another version of Uncle Ben dying I will projectile vomit over the cinema floor.
I don't know how many times I have seen the same shit done over and over.
The movies, the cartoons, they do it at every turn.
This is the third Spidey movie series in a decade!
They just can't have only the same shit we all saw before.
They can't be nothing but a comparison to that other one.
Not getting Peter immediately tossed into a relationship with an long-established character is by itself a novelty.
We will see what they do with Michelle going forward, but not jumping the shark by declaring Mary Jane indispensable for the sake of comic history is a plus in my book.
We had that. Do anything else.

But that is Spider man, this on the New movie is not spider man, if this was a fucking Miles movie i would be happy but this is Peter

Kill yourself Marveldrone

they rode the fence and it'll show. doubt he was there but any Kingpin reference?

And it always makes for such great stories.

NO. Even though comics Peter gave Flash shit back just as much as Flash shoveled it his way. He just sits back and takes it here. Other people give Flash more shit for picking on Peter than Peter himself does. All he does in retalliation is commandeer his car as Spidey to stop Vulture, he doesn't even wreck it on purpose, he just fucks it up accidentally. Everything regarding Flash in this is awful. The only time they've ever come close to doing him right was the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

For a Spidey movie there was a serious dearth of quips in general, it feels like the rest of the MCU siphoned off all the quips from Spider-Man.

>We had that one
We had Dunst doing a shit performance a decade ago and the character has been pushed aside for years. I get dropping the Ben murder and the spider bite, god knows we all know it by heart just like the Wayne murders, but christ at least retain SOMETHING revolving Peters history. Shit Flash, Not-Ganke, no Harry, forced Avengers tie ins, asking for Mary Jane isnt some huge task. Hell, Im sick of seeing Peter in high school, thats a real complaint in terms of overdone. So yeah, Im going to call out Sony for being fucking half assed with a OC creation

Does he get rid of the suit AI at the end?

Liz Allen.

No. Damage Control is pretty prominent in this but they're formed just by Stark on his own after the Battle of New York, Netflix Kingpin only became a prominent figure from renovating Hell's Kitchen months after Avengers 1.

Didn't they say they weren't directly going in depth on the spider sense? I mean those civil war scenes were a clear example of him being alerted.

does he punch anyone?

He probably still have it since Tony returned the suit to Peter by the end of the movie (unless Tony is being a dick and removed the AI entirely)

They said they wouldnt focus on it, just assume that he has it. For example we dont get an overly dramatic slo-mo shot with violin screech of Peter sensing danger. Which is fine because Spider Sense only works when the writer wants it to

He doesn't have Spider Sense full stop, just vaguely enhanced senses, and the movie doesn't bring them up much. There's multiple scenes in the film that wouldn't happen at all if he had normal Spider Sense, like Not-Ganke or Aunt May finding him in costume. He feels pretty depowered in this in general.

He punches Vulture at the end. Most of the time he just webs people up.

man it'd be cool to see wilson fisk on the big screen with alistair smythe.

man i wanna see spiderman shoryuken a bitch

So where does it rank on the Spider-Man movie scale? Above ASM but below SM2?

If he took off his mask, would his aunt die?

Below the first two Raimi films, better than Webb's films. Aside from my problems with some of the characterization and the lackluster action scenes, it's just another solid inoffensive MCU film.

How tone deaf is the movie? Like, the fact that we're supposed to believe that the Vulture, a small business owner who got ran out of business is the bad guy, because of a rich business owner and the rich guy is suppose to be good is stupid in this economy. Along with Peter acting like Tony's some hero. He would never do that.