Are living in a golden age of progressive cartoons?

Are living in a golden age of progressive cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

newnownext.com/danger-and-eggs-cartoon-amazon-kids/07/2017/
autostraddle.com/danger-and-eggs-is-the-greatest-weirdest-queer-and-trans-inclusive-kids-show-ever-382906/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are living

>ITT: Shows nobody watches because they're on streaming services nobody watches

>Progressive
>Making a character X sexuality or X gender and then making their entire character the "I'm different and that's hard because duhhh" while people praise them for being diverse even though all their black characters are stereotypes in their own right
>Golden age
>Implying that it's a good thing
Fuck this gay Earth

Golden age, no. It's just barely starting, but it's headed in a good direction. There of course will be mistakes along the way.

>Making a character X sexuality or X gender and then making their entire character the "I'm different and that's hard because duhhh"
Which cartoon has that?

user, there have been numerous articles about this show.

It's clear people are watching it.

>Golden age, no. It's just barely starting, but it's headed in a good direction. There of course will be mistakes along the way.

How progressive do you think cartoons will be by the time the 2010s are over?

Is that egg gay?

At least we're doing better as a society than Japan.

That place is basically an African country in terms of race and sexuality.

The egg is androgynous and uses them/they pronouns.

No. But a side character is an actual tranny, only mentioned in two episodes

what's so progressive about diversity?

This is one of the few areas where the Africans are actually right though.

Stop trying to make me hate this show. It's fun and cute, knock it off.

Yes, it's awesome

How is Becky Prim progressive?

Isn't that bottom middle from some Heathers fan video? Why is it there?

How are any of these shows all that progressive for that matter?

I dunno, but Becky Prim is a goldmine for reaction images

How?

If only if it was finished.

I think you like it for the wrong reasons.

The fact we might eventually get a woman of color or genderqueer main character is really exciting.

Africans are never right.

>Golden
no
>age of progressive cartoons
yes, unfortunately

>progressive cartoons

We have been. That zeitgeist has come and gone already.

What's this from?

How is this a bad thing?
Especially considering...you know.

Danger and Eggs from Amazon Streaming.

No it hasn't.

Wait, i thought Sup Forums was just Sup Forums.

Leave it to Sup Forums to shit on cartoons making progress.

Blame the elections.

"progressive " means 2 diferent things for You and I

Not really. I think the 80s through early 90s was the golden age for took diversity. Think X-men, captain planet, magic schoolbus, and other shows that showed diversity in different ways a la Muppet babies. Diversity wasn't forced, and diverse characters acted normally instead of like creepy forced caricatures written by halfwit blog-tards

This period is more like the dark ages, where it's all creepily forced down our throats and has an air of pedantic narcissistic selfishness (virtue signalling) to it. It's more about being holier than thou instead of just being.

>6 failed pilots
>1 storyboard for unaired pilot
>1 fan storyboard for musical?
>and Bee and Puppycat

What did she mean by this?

How so?

I think that holds true for comics but I feel like cartoons are better for it. Remember when Loud House showed gay dads and it was just... a thing? Not a dramatic reveal just a fact of the setting. Even SU when you ignore the fanbase handles gayshit way better than nuMarvel.

That being said this whole topic reeks of falseflag baiting.

Danger is cute. She's cute.

GOLDE NAGE

>gimme the d gimme another d
she's a slut and I don't like her

What is the top middle from?

looks gay af

If I take enough LSD while watching this will it just go full circle and look like black and white stick figures at the end of it?

Isn't it great?

>Danger tells some guy to "Hold Still!" with his arm out in the first episode
>he's stuck like this for the entire rest of the season in every background scene he has

Heh

Not to mention that diversity was in a ways forced back then; TV mandates called for diversity in their cartoons as a requirement.

In other words, diversity issues in comics and cartoons have switched in the following decades.

>how it could impact this hate fueled generation
How is this generation anymore hate fueled than previous ones?

I'm pretty sure you'd end up transcending dimensions if you did that.

Have you seen how they treat black people over there?

Jesus this post is just one giant guilt trip.
>How dare you good visuals and fluid animation in a cartoon, which is a visual medium.
>Look at this LGBT stuff! It's progressive and important in these trying times!

When a generation shifts there's always a minor push from the conservative side of society in keeping with tradition.

It happened with the car, called a "brothel on wheels" back in the day.
It happened with books, when teens became infected with "reading lust" at the turn of the century.
The "devils music" when jazz came out, the seduction of the innocent when comic books came out- it's just another pattern.

The adaptation of sexuality now is naturally creating another conservative push, it's just what happens. So...nah, no more so than usual. It's just the whole scheme of things.

Out of all the things in the post, the one thing that gets to me is where they slam SU for not drawing fat women the same way in Danger and Eggs.

Thing is, how are the fat women done any better in D&E than in SU?

The ironic part of that is most of the hate I've seen comes from the left and the LGBT communities.

It's the kind of hate that draws from being a self-victim of hate, true or otherwise.
It's the wheel of hate.

newnownext.com/danger-and-eggs-cartoon-amazon-kids/07/2017/

autostraddle.com/danger-and-eggs-is-the-greatest-weirdest-queer-and-trans-inclusive-kids-show-ever-382906/

Someone needs to MEGA the episode "Chosen Family."

And when something happens that goes too far, I guess it'll be "boy who cried wolf," huh?

It's not objectively bad thing, I think I just got older.
That's what I believe it to be.

Both sides has got it out for each other and they have good reasons to.
It's ultimately up to you to decide for yourself which path you're going to take in life.

>extremism in either side of a philosophical perspective is bad

Who would've guessed.

Indeed their rape and slavery and sexual harassment crimes are right on par with every "MODERN" african country

Also that OP picture is racist, not all the proper colors are included in their flags

Have you ever read black people's first hand experiences when they visited Japan?

>serious chills, warmth and tears

>Centrists genuinely believe this.
Top kek.

I genuinely think the poster was going to type "Gives you feels" but backed out in the last second.

You're thinking of the 80s and 90s.
This was the time when cartoon films could get away with throwing anything at kids and it would be fine so long as there was a happy ending. Children's cartoons tackled issues such as death and alluded to themes of domestic abuse and addiction and no one batted an eyelid. At some stage, it was decided that all these themes were too heavy for kids and they were replaced with cartoons that avoided such topics.
Progress implies moving forward. Sheltering kids from reality and reducing characters down to "the gay one" or "the ethnic" does not imply forward movement.

Extremism is...good???
Is that what this post is supposed...I mean is it sarcastic?

A joke?
I literally can't tell.

It's not it's any more or less hate filled than the other ones, it's just that social media has given us a mirror to look at ourselves and be more aware of it. I mean at our core human beings have changed very little and will change very little in the future.

You need to pick the right side.

Well I don't like it because le epic trannies or whatever OP is trying to pull with his baiting.

I'm definitely on a side. I still fucking hate the extremists on my side. I almost hate them more for sabotaging causes I believe in with their stupid bullshit. Since you almost certainly are you I'd like to take this opportunity to kill yourself with a rake.

I think OP is trying to be sincere.

...user that doesn't make sense. It's a critique on extremism, not choice.

Extremism is retarded- no amount of "pick the RIGHT side" is going to make it not retarded.

Stop being retarded.

>throw out all value and semblance of history to let everyone know it's okay to shit on yourself and roll around in the shit
>call it progress

Centrist sock puppet at work.
Stop being a centrist pansy.

No, it's not enough-

Fuck you

"You need to pick a side."

Extremism isn't a side you stupid fucking piece of shit. God fucking damn you, you stupid fuck. Fuck you.

>shit centrists say.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Fuck you got me.
Nice.

I lived in Japan for years.

The unofficial motto of Japan is "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down" - they apply this to any non-Japanese on sight. They don't care if you're a nigger specifically, just that you're gaijin.

And they have every right to. It's their country, which they are entitled to have as homogeneous if they so desire. Your culture and belief in tolerance, if it is genuine,should include tolerance of intolerance, rather than wielding it like a club to force other countries and their population to coddle you.

It's the same in Korea.
Also, it's REALLY easy to get raped in Korea and have the rapist get away with it if you're a foreigner and they're a Korean. Bonus points if you're a dude and some chick decides you hit her- they'll always take the Korean's side. It's a serious scam problem over there with paying them off being your only option out of going to jail.

still no streaming links?

Sounds more like Sup Forums rhetoric than genuine interaction with Asian people.

Meanwhile, I can give you proof of Japan racism, sexism and homophobia.

A black guy stars in a ridiculously popular children's show in Japan.

>get rekt by the locals if not Asian
>get treated like shit if you're not at least white
>get royally fucked if you're a foreigner
>only way out is to bribe corrupt officials

All the more reasons to never visit Asia.

Seriously, Tumblr was right about Asia.

Dude the shit nearly happened to my sister in Korea, eight months in studies there.
They super shit on foreigners there.

Receipts or get out.

I'm usually labelled as liberal and heck, I'm bisexual, but this shit is just kind of... too much? Seriously too much.

It's one thing to include LGBT characters in a show tastefully and a whole 'nother thing to make a big fucking spectacle about it, despite the rest of the show being kinda meh.

That screencap's episode is apparently completely dedicated to a Pride event in the park. I don't doubt there are Pride events that could be considered tame and family-friendly but those seem to be rare. More often than not it's weirdos dry-humping eachother and dressing up for a Brazilian carnaval.

Not to mention Pride in general has other issues, such as belitting bi and pansexual people for "not being gay enough". Imagine growing up and seeing these shows portray Pride as such a safe haven, only to realize that the members will probably hate you if you're not the right type of LGBT.

Only if they're POC.
They treat white people like gods over there; it's sickening.

Don't compare Becky Prim to that tripe.

It sounds more like you're projecting your issues onto a cartoon.

This is the best thing to happen to kid's television.

Homophobia in Japan, the country of traps, bara and gay samurai? Weird, even for them.

Yeah; that tripe is completely animated.

You're making me think of the whole "shack up with a white american and get the fuck out of dodge" which is absolutely a thing there- a bit more west and mainland of Japan though.

...are we still talking about Danger and Eggs?

I guess flash tweening is technically animation.

Japan doesn't take LGBT seriously; it's all a spectacle to them.

Anime in general has this problem.

>bisexual
Stop reading right there.