What makes it so good that it's held up on a pedestal above all other Disney movies?

What makes it so good that it's held up on a pedestal above all other Disney movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlKLDzTcSe0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweatbox
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Subliminal messages about literally holding this film above all others.

It's the world's most successful plagiarism.

It had excellent waifus

>blonde_sweaty_celebrity_man_on_talk_show_tilting_his_head_and_biting_his_lip,jpg

>kiara
>not vitani

At least I put zira.

>not Shenzi
You guys are fags.

>it's an entire movie of wacky talking animal sidekicks
It's also the most unique of the renaissance era: no humans, great songs (except for the morning report) and has the plot of Hamlet. It also had a Jurassic park effect where everyone became obsessed with African animals.
ALSO IT MADE SO MUCH MONEY THAT EVERY MOVIE MADE AFTER IT WAS COMPARED TO IT

>ALSO IT MADE SO MUCH MONEY THAT EVERY MOVIE MADE AFTER IT WAS COMPARED TO IT

B movies always make more dosh for Disney than their A movies. This is so strange.

>lion king beat pocahontas
>zootopia beat moana
>frozen beat big hero 6
What other examples are there of this?

It was the biggest success of a string of big successes and also the last one.

Beauty and the Beast will always be the one that threatened to win a real Best Picture award and necessitated the creation of an animation category so that could never happen.

its one of the three pillars of the furry kingdom along with robin hood and bambi

I appreciated the Lion King a little bit more after reading the behind the scenes story about how Disney thought that this would be the movie that everyone would forget about while Pocahontas would be the pop culture juggernaut.

Best TV adaptation

Its actually pretty epic in scale compared to anything Disney had done at that point. Its also beautiful to look at
The characters are very simple to understand that they are almost archetypes
They kill Mufasa on screen

Emperors New Groove beat Dinosaur, I think.

At least it was more memorable.

maybe its because executives don't meddle as much so writers aren't often forced to change the script

Its an admirable work of animation that has a story that we all can relate. Even my dad learned some life lessons when it came out.

Put a stop to all that whipping, huh?

compare it to any of the lion king spinoffs and it will become blatantly clear that the first one reigns high above the rest. Why is that though? Those films, have the same characters often with the same voice actors, decent animation, pretty good stories, and are great fonder for finding your waifu. What makes the Lion King so much better than the rest of the Disney films is the same thing that makes it better than those other Lion King films? It has something that they never could recapture in any other iteration. There is no one thing you could point to in the Lion King that makes it better. Literally, it has Magic.

more about the circle of life and how the things we work for today may not benefit us now but our descendants will live better thanks to us.

>and are great fonder

>Its an admirable work

*It's an admirable work

Even Simba's VA thought it was adaptation of this anime. Probably that's why Disney wanted to sweep this movie under the carpet.

I think they wanted to prove they can do "serious" animation, instead it was pretensious and butchered the real story of Pocahontas.

Sometimes I feel sorry for execs, their job is to make the movie profitable and inoffensive. They saved us from furry apartheid the movie or musical about sun stealing.
The worst one that came up with ideas for the movie though.

>I think they wanted to prove they can do "serious" animation, instead it was pretensious and butchered the real story of Pocahontas.

Disney cannot ever do serious animation, no Hunchback doesn't count and it's not just the stupid Gargoyles, because so long as they insist on Western Values of seeing animation as kid's shit? Anime will always kick their ass.

Think about how rare it is to even see something TV-14 like Samurai Jack's final season. It speaks volumes of how the USA sees animation, it is shit for kids. And Disney's to blame for that stigma.

Because of all the Renaissance movies it most easily appealed to boys and girls in equal measures.

I loved all the disney films as a kid but I remember being quiet about enjoying little mermaid and B&B because I knew a lot of other kids who'd probably have beat me up for it.

Because it was the first animated movie that many people in our generation remembers and they meme about it constantly and shove it down their kids faces, ensuring a new generation of Lion King fans through sheer pop-cultural inertia.

>shove it down their kids faces

>Pocahontas
shitting up the story of a real person this bad should be illegal, I'm glad it bombed

And now were bombarded with Frozen. There's going to be a 21 minute long "short" right before Pixar's remake of "Book of Life".
Probably just to boost sales of winter merchandise.
I want to get off this ride!

>I'm glad it bombed

Pocahontas didn't bombed. It made almost the same of Toy Story, which was released in the same year, and also had a very successful soundtrack.

Frozen was a B Project?

i was honestly pretty mad about that. olaf's frozen adventure was supposed to be a special on ABC but they shoved it in front of coco so the movie could reach the 1 hour 30 minute mark. the movie itself is barely over an hour

It didn't have waifus in it at all. Nothing does. Least of all anything Western.

I liked The Lion King 2 better.

Oh right I forgot. The term waifu only applies to glossy eyed, candy colored hair anime girls who constantly moan or scream "KYAAAA" every 3 minutes and have a personality ranging from tsundere to oppai clutz to deredere.

No, the term applies to a character that you are married to. Also you are being hysterical.

it's not about the A movie falling, but about B movie outperforming the A movie.

what does qualify as B movie? Lesser cost of production? Troubles during making?

i could care less 'bout Frozen (it's a Little Girl's movie with two decent songs and lots of asspulls ffs) but Coco being so short?
I know lenght of the movie doesnt determine about movie's quality, but that's really disappointing. This is really bad year for Pixar tbqh.

So did I, but I'm autistic.

TLK and Robin Hood I can see, but was Bambi that influencial on furries? I hardly see it put on the same level of as the other two. Even Balto seems more fit more fit for that.

Bambi was hugely influential on Osamu Tezuka who was a giga furry. Bambi inspired Kimba which inspired TLK, everything is connected in the great circle of life

Its basically Hamlet

>They saved us from furry apartheid the movie or musical about sun stealing.

I need info about this two projects

this is how the new generations of furries are made user, the disease spreads and no one is making it stop, we are sons of Slaanesh

it dont had "waifus" but it had faifurs

This image... I don't know what's in the rest of it but I feel won't like it

youtube.com/watch?v=zlKLDzTcSe0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweatbox