Okay, this is fucking awesome

Okay, this is fucking awesome.

>t. Lionsgate employee
How's that six movie franchise coming along for you?

Is that from the movie sequel?

Why do people in this site hate this movie so much again? I thought it was... serviceable, nothing remarkable but I've seen far worse.

I'm not going to speak for anyone but myself, but I'm a huge Tokusatsu fag and really don't care for Power Rangers at all, I find a lot of it creatively bankrupt.

This had the opportunity to actually NOT be that by using it's own damn footage, yet screwed that over by being Bayformers crap that doesn't even have good suit action.

because they'd even released the first fucking movie they'd already stated plans to make six of the fuckers.
At that point even if the film was okay it deserved to be shat on for the fact that they planned five sequels before even seeing if anyone cared / liked / bothered to see the first movie

this was the best 7/10 movie ever made

I don't get why it's such a common thing lately for them to plan that far ahead when they don't even know how well the movie is gonna do. King Arthur was supposed to be the start of a big franchise too and that flopped HARD. Which is a shame because I actually really liked it and would have loved to see more.

I dunno, I guess everyone saw the success of the MCU and thought they could do the same thing. Yet they forgot that the movies actually need to succeed first in order to justify sequels.

You have to remember that negativity and outrage is the thing our culture primarily focuses on. So if a movie is simply "serviceable" you can bet people are going to yell about how shit it is. That said, I feel the same way as the first response in that Power Rangers is a dishonest franchise that thrives on using toku footage and hoping people are unaware of it. I just can't stand when they modify a show into an Americanized version instead of making their own. So even though this one is its own thing it leaves a bad taste in my mouth by being associated with that.

Because it was something that never should have been made to start with.

Those suit designs will never not look awful, no matter who draws them.

Came for crappy teen drama and great nostalgia

Got great teen drama and crappy nostalgia

>great teen drama
Eh? How do you make teen drama great? Genuinely curious.

another weeab thread

Another? Link all of them.

I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar the reason why it's so hated on Sup Forums is because everyone else either liked it or like you said felt that it was serviceable.

I actually enjoyed it for what it was. Shit was fun and cheesy and that's all I wanted.

>Pink Ranger with the Pom-Poms

Didn't notice it at first. Absolutely adorable.

So how is this Sup Forums? Is this for a comic?

I never understood what the point was of putting mouths on their suits. It's not like they change their expressions or talk with them. They just stay the same the whole time. I'm glad the later series apparently realized this and gave them suits without mouths.

Is it me or does almost every time they put lips on a helmet it fucks up the whole design. I hated Snake Eyes' design in the Rise of Cobra movie for the fucking lips but they got it right in the sequel.

The last 15 minutes of the movie were actually pretty good. Once they got in the suits it was a solid 7/10. However, that doesn't automatically make the rest of the movie good. If the inevitable sequel can channel the last 15 minutes, change the Zord/Megazord and suit designs, and bring in a new Green Ranger, then we're set.

IF the inevitable sequel happens.

It got greenlit for a sequel, so... good so far I guess?

The movie spent way too goddamn long on the teen drama. When most people hear "Power Rangers movie," they expect cheesy kung-fu fights between people in colorful costumes broken up by them hanging out at the local juice bar/karate school, not Dawson's Creek featuring a little superhero angst.

On that note, I liked the original Power Rangers movie with Ivan Ooze.