Daily reminder that 2001: A Space Odyssey and Godzilla are part of the Marvel canon

Daily reminder that 2001: A Space Odyssey and Godzilla are part of the Marvel canon.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_(Earth-616)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_(Marvel_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they're not.

Yes they are.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_(Earth-616)

Only reminder that I could have bought 2001 marvel treasury edition at my flea market the other day but I didn't
It was $25 but I probably would have tried talking him down to $10

Yes they are, Transformers and Rom too.

IDK about Alf.

Transformers was initially meant to be in 616, but they later retconned it as a separate Earth.

Alf is just a TV show in 616. It was Drax's favorite series.

>but they later retconned it as a separate Earth.
Eh, close enough to being cannon in my book.

Are there any other comics we're forgetting? I know the original Starwars run wasn't cannon.

Wait I just remembered that Death's Head was in Transfomeres, so how does that work?

I really loved that Marvel tried to fold their licensed stuff into their main universe. Even if they have to dance around some of the copyrights, it makes the universe feel a lot bigger to me.

Death Head was sent to a different universe via shennigans. So he ended up in the Transformer one. Then he did his thing then showed up in the next universe. Which began the crossover with Doctor Who. Yes, Death Head met the 7th Doctor.

* The Transformers/G.I. Joe - Earth-91274
* The Transformers UK - Earth-120185
* Alien Legion - Earth-98140
* Inhumanoids - Earth-87119
* Planet of the Apes - Earth-7481
* The Evil Dead/Army of Darkness - Earth-818793
* Manimal, Automan and Night Man - Earth-83930
* Doctor Who - Earth-5556

Might be more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_(Marvel_Comics)

But Godzilla and 2001 exist within Earth-616.

2001 specifically takes place in Marvel canon since it plays an important role in their cosmology if we're to believe Earth-X follows the same rules as 616. Would explain why there's so many damn Inhumans now.

You could make a separate universe just out of the stuff cut from 616.

Well yeah, before they were removed by editorial fiat. Same thing with Transformers. They even had a team up with Spider-Man. ROM should just as well be exiled. The Space-Knights showed up in Annihilators and then Hickman killed them off because he sucks dick. But your odds of seeing them ever again are about the same as seeing the Micronaughts again.

>Exiled continuity 616

ROM
Godzilla
GI Joe
Transformers
Dr. Who
Micronaughts
Crystar
2001 A Space Odyssey
Shogun Warriors

Are we missing anyone?

>2001 A Space Odyssey

It's still canon based on the fact that Machine Man still exists and Celestials still exist.

2001 is a perfect Kirby comic because my dude LOVED ancient alien shit

Doctor Who showed up in Rocket a month ago. of course it was Ewing

Also, ROM is still canon, we just haven't seen any of the space knights for a long while. Prior to Age of Ultron, it was implied Ultron slaughtered a shit ton of them before coming to Earth again.

Yeah, but so did Judge Dredd, so we should take that with a grain of salt.

Regardless, the entire point of the Doctor Who crossover was that he was traveling from his home reality in the TARDIS, so that doesn't necessarily mean he's from 616.

He had his origin in Space Odyssey but then he drifted away from it. And Kirby made it clear that the seeder race behind the monoliths were not the Celestials (who were introduced in Eternals with their own agenda different from the agenda we saw in Space Odyssey 7) although they were later retconed into being the Celestials.

ROM is barely canon. They can't use the main character unless they're sneaky about it like in Earth X. Only Abnett seems to care about the space knights. Every time they've shown up this past decade its to be killed off. I think he counts enough to be placed in the "exiled from 616" category.

Barely canon is still canon. That's like saying Crime Master isn't canon because he hasn't shown up in a while.

It's more like ROM himself isn't canon but everything attached to his mythos is.