Toonami Ratings for 7/1/17

Starting this Saturday, Family Guy takes back 11:30pm, and the Jack rerun moves to 3:30am.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders will replace Attack on Titan on July 29.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. It will premiere on

This week, we had a pointless marathon for AoT, and hey ho it did shitty, what a shock.

11:00 Attack on Titan (r) 825 0.38 486
11:30 Attack on Titan (r) 716 0.33 429
12:00a Attack on Titan (r) 664 0.32 406
12:30a Attack on Titan (r) 590 0.26 332
1:00a Attack on Titan (r) 488 0.20 259

1:30a Attack on Titan (r) 457 0.19 242
2:00a Attack on Titan (r) 467 0.20 260
2:30a Attack on Titan (r) 460 0.20 255
3:00a Attack on Titan (r) 465 0.22 279

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhW81Ekacf4
youtube.com/watch?v=rihDGKEpW2Y
youtu.be/L2JUWuP2kEM
twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/882963392365027329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jack did absolutely abysmal in its new slot. You know that Home Movies meme? This is worse an actually happened

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 441 0.16 200
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 332 0.12 159
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 449 0.19 240
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 603 0.26 333

10:00 Family Guy (r) 843 0.37 472
10:30 Family Guy (r) 1012 0.46 585

And it did terrible here too, but coming off a terrible marathon maybe not so bad

3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 403 0.19 246
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 404 0.18 237
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 452 0.21 264

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 471 0.20 252
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 496 0.20 257

Best.

Those titan ratings aren't as bad as I was expecting. Nothing below 460k. I was thinking we'd get multiple slots in the 300k range. The early slots weren't very high but overall the spread isn't that bad.

So toonami starts at 12 now and the jack rerun at the end isn't part of it,right? Just making sure my retard brain is fully wrapped around this.

What the hell man, you are throwing me off

Best

How long were you waiting I wonder.

best

11pm Jack is gone, replaced by Family Guy. 11:30 is the Super rerun, so yes, the new part of the block doesn't start till 12. Jack moves after GitS but may not be considered part of Toonami, we will see this week

I wasn't waiting at all actually, I thought ratings wouldn't drop till tomorrow. I had just flipped over to Sup Forums and seen the thread

>Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2
Why, WHY, IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT EVEN FOR GUNDAM STANDARDS

Thanks bud.

Lucky.

DiMarco has no standards.

>nostalgiafags pester Demarco for years for Gundam
>Demarco assumes this means it will do well and signs a contract for IBO1/2 and Unicorn all at once
>They end up being a huge ratings black hole
>have to air them since you spent the money already

I can't wait to see how bad IBOS2 flops. If something as popular as AoT barely can break 800k, IBO will be hilariously low, which is good since the Gundam fanboys think S1 did good when it didn't

Toonami deserves death already. Hell, even the new FLCL looks terrible.

How many years left, lads?

The first stage has already begun, last minute emergency schedule changes. Sure it was Jack which we all wanted gone anyway, but that's how it starts. Once Jojo and IBO start and do nothing for the ratings, or likely make them worse, then the real trouble will start

Based Big Meme JoJo saving the ratings at the end of this month

They said that about part 2
and before that, part 1

Why is it that when a show is deemed "never ever" it happens anyway?

Fine, you JoJo faggots got what you wished for, but don't come crying to me if people aren't watching it.

What were the ratings for Part one and Part 2?

I really really liked Season 1
Considering how butthurt Sup Forums was about Season 2 I'm looking forward to it. I hope it breaks my heart and not even in a fun way.

Do you mean shows that are actually deemed never ever such as PSG, or things that just seem logical for them not to get? I don't think anyone said IBO or Jojo was never ever, just that it was incredibly retarded to get either when both flopped

Was Super a "new" episode? I missed it and it wasn't on my dvr

800-900k at 12:30, but it also had extra large losses from Kai, even bigger than normal for the Kai loss. With ratings down across the board, P3 will be even worse.

>ratings thread at 3am

Ya blew it OP

not for the marathon night

Nah. They usually never show new eps of shows on marathon nights except for that fucking Reddit & Meme marathon

They got posted at like 11pm, it's not my fault. Not like anyone gives a shit about these threads anymore anyway, especially for marathon numbers

Man I feel weird after the marathon night.

Ever start masturbating but got bored/someone walked in/realize cat is watching you halfway through but feel cheated out on an orgasm?

that is the week feeling of a marathon night. 2 more days at least, god damn.

Why? Are you really that much of a masochist?

Feels like my week in general.

last bump of my night, good luck toonami general.

I kinda cheated and watch the first 5 eps of jojo part 3.

That ending of part 2 and Joseph won me over.

The constant Jack reruns wouldn't be so bad if they played the whole series. The same 10 episodes over and over shocking got old fast.

The new slot jacks in also starts back at the beginning of season 5 AGAIN

Do they think people enjoy watching the same 10 episodes over and over again?

youtube.com/watch?v=yhW81Ekacf4

I'm still hype.

Nobody asked for it, though.

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure will tank this block faster than Samurai Meme is doing now

>wake up
>its only thursday

KLK is over hyped trash and the ending sucked.

>says the jojobrony

>Not recognizing LWA
Git gud, user. Plus, at least Jojo's getting another season.

We all know the Ryukoposter is a lifeless NEET whose only weekly action in life is to post that same damn picture of Ryuko while saying the word "meme" in all their sentences.

Are we talking end of season of Tokyo Ghoul, or end of series? Pleasantly hyped about IBO returning, I enjoyed S1.

Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul ended two weeks ago. Season 2 starts this Saturday and ends by October, followed by IBO season 2.

Gotcha! Thanks user!

>2012 Toonami is dying
>2013 Toonami is dying
>2014 Toonami is dying
>2015 Toonami is dying
>2016 Toonami is dying
>2017 Toonami is dying
>2018 Toonami is dying
>2019 Toonami is dying
>2020 Toonami is dying
>2021 Toonami is dying
>2022 Toonami is dying
>2023 Toonami is dying
>2024 Toonami is dying

So anyone else here going into full skeptic mode to protect themselves like they did with Jack?

"It did well the first time we aired it so that means it'll do just as good every time! was likely their mindset.

>IBO S2

It's shit but i'll still watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=rihDGKEpW2Y

Probably. Remember when Demarco said that he was confident Attack on Titan reruns at the front of the block would do well? Even fucking said something along the lines of "if we can do it with Family Guy, why not Attack on Titan?"

What an idiot.

Fire DeMarco when?

Reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

Awe.. I love the whole "I know more about the TV biz then a guy that's been running a cartoon block for 20 years"

And look what a great job he's been doing lately.

best girl won

Yes because airing Jack at the front of the block for the umpteenth time was such a great decision.

>armchair quarterback mental gymnastics thread

Nice trips there Demarco. Is everything alright? I notice you haven't gone on a tirade and called anybody a "poopy diaper baby" on your Ask blog in a while.

> umpteenth time

it was four episodes into its first rerun, how gullible do you think people are?

No, because I already know this will be shit
>very little original staff
>conclusion to a complete series for lazy nostalgiabux

>People are surprised anime on TV is dying
>2017
Streaming will continue to tear most areas of the traditional TV model a new one, slowly but surely. Doubly so for niche markets like anime

>first rerun

Fifth rerun. Yes, all of those other times count as reruns even though they weren't on Toonami

>Demarco comes here to shitpost

These threads have been right about countless things failing you were adamant would do well. Have a meme about you for the road

>4 episodes in
>had to be panic moved before even getting halfway done because of how much it was killing the block
>lineup promo made 2 weeks ago went to waste since it's wrong now

That doesn't sound like something to brag about

One of these days we are gonna get it right! I have a good feeling about 2018 being the year

I think Jojo Part 3 might do better than parts 1 & 2 since it's an actual dub premiere after the first 3 episodes, and even they've been redubbed afaik unlike Parts 1 & 2.

Also punch ghosts.

youtu.be/L2JUWuP2kEM

AoT is a dub premiere and it's doing terrible
HxH is a dub premiere and it's doing terrible
Lupin is a dub premiere and it's doing terrible

>HxH is a dub premiere and it's doing terrible
It almost always has the lowest drop between shows on the block. That sort of audience retention isn't something I'd call "doing terribly".

i also said punch ghosts, which none of those series have

i honestly forget if anyone in hunter x hunter has a nen ability that's punch ghost like, not just a nen spirit/image/beast that doesn't punch

Yea I saw that, and guess what? Memers who care about that kind of stuff don't watch Toonami

>Masochist
yeah just a little bit
but it should be a lot of fun to suffer here with you guys

Battle Tendency is the second best part, after Part 7 Steel Ball Run
I'm glad you gave it a chance, Part 3 is a lot of fun and Part 4 is whacky shenanigans, very entertaining imo.

I have a feeling that Stands might be overexplained in the show, but anyone wanna explain what they are?

A stupid meme concept that will fill these threads with bullshit

of course part 3 is going to do better than 1 and 2 you fucking dummy, it's the one all the normies like to meme about.

they're psychic powers
Araki couldn't figure out how to visualize psychic powers on paper and make them interesting so he turned them into punch-ghosts

Basically just a manifestation of spirit. While a lot (like Jotaro's) are punchghosts, most stands are actually really weird, abstract and specific.

Anything that happens to your stand happens to you. Alternatively, only a stand can hurt another stand.(unless Araki forgets)

Most stand fights are more about out maneuvering your opponent than just head on shonen battle stuff since, Jotaro in particular, basically only needs to be close to you to win any given fight.

Two of those have to do with shitty placements and with HxH, why bother with episodic when you can watch 85% of it subbed on Netflix, last I checked? Once we get past Greed Island, we'll have stuff that has no '99 equivalent.

I really wanted to catch Lupin week before last, but fell asleep halfway through the episode.

>muh bad timeslot

Was never an issue 2012-2015

The block was more eclectic then, especially in 2012. Remember there was a point where almost half of the block was long-runners.

Yea, it was 4 months ago, and on July 29 it will be the case yet again

>look up the DBZ Kai dub version of Goku going Super Saiyan 3
>completely fucking butchered

Goku doesn't even say "AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!" How do you just change such an iconic line like that? I don't care if it's a more faithful translation you gotta keep that shit.

twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/882963392365027329

New Lupin III series announced, set in France with presumably the same artstyle.

Is it going to be written by Writer-san again?

It's DBZ man, it's audience is brain dead and just wants memes

Yeah, that's about the only bad thing about the Kai redub, besides the music. The scripts and acting may be tighter, but we lost some really memorable lines in the process.

Yeah, but the acting in the original was so bad. Go back and look at the original dub and see how robotic and stilted everyone sounds. Kai may have taken away some of the best lines and the Faulconer soundtrack but the dialogue is much better sounding.

I can never get into Gundam shows. I always feel like they're trying to copy Asimov's Foundation series in terms of political posturing but then said "fuck it, let's throw in robits"

I'm kinda bummed that we're getting IBO S2, especially since the ending is as "dark" (is that the right word?) as AgK was.

Spoilers below:

You have been warned.

Orga, Mikazuki, Akihiro die by the end of the series
Eugene dies trying to take down the antagonist
McGillis dies after hedging his bets on a really shitty plan in hindsight
Naze and Amina die, and Lafter gets gunned down in a toy shop

The antagonist implements what McGillis and Kudelia were trying to accomplish
Atra wins the Mikabowl
A time skip occurs where a now grown Ride kills Nobliss while he's on a toilet

6/10 overall, because the designs were good.

does pearl have a goku uniform

who said agk?

The absolute madman

Oh boy JoJo

I wanna fuck this cat slut