Just saw it, AMA

Just saw it, AMA

-Holland is possibly the best guy to ever wear this suit (I liked both of the previous guys but thought both of them had real strengths and weaknesses)
-Zendaya has 5 minutes as a cool side character who, in this installment anyway, isn't even kind of a love interest
-Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen, but there's a fucking cool late second-act twist with him that they pull off beautifully
-Ned is cool and a good addition
-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ONeill-Wetsuits-Reactor-Black-X-Large/dp/B004I44QLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499340189&sr=8-1&keywords=O'Neill wetsuit
amazon.com/dp/B003UC1KI6/ref=twister_B01ETDZBWK?th=1
amazon.com/Defender-Compression-Baselayer-Running-Tights/dp/B01KS1GMHK/ref=cts_ap_3_vtp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dont care, want Mary Jane

You're in for disappointment. The movie pulls a TDKR "You should use your real name" on her nickname being MJ which kinda means nothing because this is a 100% wholecloth new character. Which I'm okay with.

This movie actually places the least amount of importance on the love interest subplot of any Spider-Man movie and it's refreshing as fuck. Peter doesn't even get a kiss! It's kinda nice. That's probably a lot truer to most peoples' high school experiences anyway.

>-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie

What the fuck does that even mean? If it means "utterly destroyed the character for lol Tony has a boner jokes. Then yes, you are correct. Aunt May is arguably the best and most accurately done character in the Raimi movies, as much as JJJ is. Her speech in SM 2 in the moving scene is more heart the the entirety of the MCU.

Yeah you basically nailed it. It doesn't really seem like they have a lot of ideas for what to do with Aunt May. It's the least screen time she's ever had and almost every scene adjacent to her involves someone mentioning how hot Aunt May is. The movie also ends on [SPOILER!} Aunt May discovering him in the suit and being interrupted by the credits before she can say "what the fuck" and it feels like Aunt May discovering his secret, if she were fleshed out, would have its time to breathe in its own movie. So we have this under-written badly conceived new character whose one interesting arc with peter gets tossed off as a final gag for this movie, and that sucks. Surely there had to be anything else to do with a reimagined Aunt May!

It's also conspicuous to me because in between this and Civil War, May has been kind of reimagined. In Civil War, she appears kind of posh and sophisticated and together. In Homecoming, Watts and Tomei have now created a slightly loopy cool hippy May (which is at least a little more interesting) who's a little too comfortable saying stuff about how your body is blossoming during puberty. What all this suggests to me is that Feige doesn't really have a cohesive grasp of what this character is other than Hot. Because they keep changing their mind. Maybe in the next one she'll be a calculating businesswoman.

Either way it's not Tomei's fault. She's a good actress and shit but I just think Sexy Aunt May is a weird decision the same way I'd think sexy Santa Claus is weird.

>Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen

Spider-Man and Batman have a pretty good rogue's gallery, probably the best out of all comic characters, how did Marvel Studios fucked a Spidey villain up that badly?

>how did Marvel Studios fucked a Spidey villain up that badly?
>Marvel Studios

there's your problem

I fucking give up.
I'm sick of wanting to see a good villain in any movie and get disappointed every time. I'm going back to Daredevil and Legion, at least for all their flaws their villains are good.

So... Kingpin? That ninja shit was worse than any movie.

>Kingpin
Well duh. For that matter when I say Legion, I mean Shadow King not generic boring evil government organization.

Loki?
Ego?
Zemo?
Red Skull?

>Loki
Whiny bitch and a complete loser as of Avengers.
>Ego
Don't understand why people like him at all. He's laughably bad. Yes, I get that he's supposed to be detached from humanity and be egotistical, doesn't make the execution any less shit.
>Zemo
I'll be honest here, I can't remember anything about Civil War. I remember him being a boring "muh vengeance for dead family" villain.
>Red Skull
You're not serious, are you?

Loki is almost as popular as any of the main heroes. Meanwhile, DC is one for three with villains. Ares and Doomsday were CGI shit and Jess Luthor was a great idea for a Funny or Die skit.

Spidey's rogues are just visually appealing. They aren't that well developed or interesting outside a few exceptions.

I think you mean Aubrey because without her that character would not have flown.

You know what Holland Spiderman needs? A thorough skull fucking courtesy of D'onofrio's Wilson Fisk. We need to see him thoroughly laid out by Fisk and completely broken as he realizes his impotence against the likes of Kingpin who hold the REAL power in the city. That's how you move Holland's spiderman forward, tear down all his hope and idealism shit on it and let him pick up the pieces and try to start again. Too bad it probably won't happen.

>Whiny bitch and a complete loser as of Avengers.

Or, y'know, clandestine usurper of the Asgardian throne. Either or.

It would still be a sadistic fuck tormenting David in horrifying ways.
Aubrey Plaza just made it better.
>one time a villain does something right undoes all the times he was consistently a joke
Stop this meme.

This. This sounds like a fucking Spider-Man story.

This is why I roll my eyes at all the "he's growing in these films" excuse. Why should I be inclined to care about this Spidey's growth if nothing major will occur beyond "i'll be late for the dance" or wondering whether "Stark-senpai will notice me?" Its all empty and without genuine character building because everything is played as a joke or is just so trivial. Hearing about how Aunt May learning about Pete's secret identity is played for laughs, when its one of the most emotionally driven moments in the comics just makes me sick and detaches from this Spider-man. It'd be like making Steve's reunion with Peggy played for laughs. The MCU may be pretty lighthearted, but this is going to far.

You won't see that kind of shit being explored for Spidey in the MCU, they just want to focus on making him a fun character, Marvel Studios and Sony really don't care about what makes Spidey interesting, they'll just churn out an expensive Disney Channel tier movie and the general audience will buy it.

I liked how Spider-Man 2 managed to make Octavius deep and interesting.

How do I shot web?

He doesn't even care about the dance, he stoops up his crush to stop the supervillain plan even with a no-tech suit and tells Stark to shove his Avengers membership into his ass by the ending

If that's not growing, I dunno how else to call it

I'm dreading for the time Osborn or Kingsley come into play

>tfw we'll never get gangland shenanigans, a la Spectacular Spider-Man.
3 different movie series and it'll never happen.

>May finding about Peter is played as a joke
Fuck this movie.

I don't think Osborn will show up at all. He was in the previous Sony Movies and I doubt they wanna go there again.

What's the twist?

Feige said he wanted to bring the discovery scene to the big screen. He was so anxious in fact, he rushed it and made it fall flat.

I can understand them not wanting to introduce him too soon and choosing to focus on other villains for a while, but it would be crazy for them to never introduce him.

There was one reviewer that had the exact opposite reaction. Not liking the high school stuff but loving Vulture. It actually seems like the majority like Vulture compared to most MCU villains.

Saw the movie. Vulture was the highlight for me. Had a refreshingly small-scale plan. Very good foil for Peter.

Does Peter keep the web wings

asking the important questions

web wings suck

Why feige, why

>-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie
what do you mean?

hopefully feige agrees Slott AMS is garbage

Who was your favorite member of Vulture's crew?

>Zemo
Boring, the last monologue is cool but other than that just tell me what he does

I liked May's execution purely based on the fact that they highlighted her relationship with Peter at all. The scenes towards the begining of the film were showing Peter and his life in Queens and the role May takes in that, which is where most of the 'hot aunt' jokes happen, but that one scene of her helping Peter get ready for the dance felt genuine and earnest, and its all I want from May- to just feel like she really cares about Peter.

I've enjoyed every single take on Aunt May so far in the movies, but I see your point with the ending being played as a joke. It got a laugh out of me but I'm unsure as to how they're gonna handle that in the next film.

sounds boring and forgettable just like the rest of the MCU

I find it inconsistent that Stark seems to be happy and joke around with Pete and Happy after civil war where Rhodey just got severely injured... or maybe I'm an idiot and that is just how Tony copes

Solid entertaining movie, the only thing that really felt like a miss for me was Aunt May, just weird. It's like they made Tomei go watch the Raimi movies and act like that Aunt May, while still doing the Hot May stuff? Why? It doesn't even really mesh with May in Civil War which seemed like they were just going to do a younger contemporary May in the style of Ultimate or whatever.

Did Peter fucked this guy?

No, the sum of her role is basically "will be MJ in the next one"

Being a completely normal as fuck dude yet destroy the foundations of the Avengers in ways that no one has done before? And they hardly even notice he's there.

It's called subtlety, Michael Bay.

The Vulture was really one of the best parts of the film, down to earth, relatable-ish and I honestly never saw the plot twist coming.

I know autistic manchildren will cry about all the quipping, but this is fucking Spider-man. That is what he does.

But seriously, fuck Zendaya.

You're forgetting that she's also an annoying, ugly, moody SJW who's a unique and special snowflake who wants to get down with some protesting and is so totally not like, your grandma's MJ, user.

Also, a stalker. I was seriously surprised she didn't get a "don't misgender me" remark.

>her
user I...

>but this is fucking Spider-man. That is what he does.
Not really. Spider-Man is supposed to be more of a taunting smartass than a quipper like MCU Ironman. Andrew Garfield had some great bantz for his run as Spider-Man. Even Tobey was good at it. Holland can't crack jokes as much as his voice.

Sure bud, Spider-man is/does whatever it's needed to support your particular and subjective view of what's good.

He was joking around with Rhodes himself at the end of CW

>Tony Stank, Tony Stank is here

What's with the recent shitposting surge of "non-gender binary" Michelle, is the lack of heavy make-up all you need to start coming up with this shit?

I really liked the mention of Thor's belt.
Guessing we getting that Ultimates hammer now.
I don't know if old news, I've been avoiding the internet.

>Even Tobey was good at it.

Look, the Raimi films are good, but come on.

Go to bed, Slott.

I was being generous since I favor the Webb movies over Raimi, but at this point i'd rather rewatch the first 3 in theatres again than go see this wreck.

Explain

When Happy is loading up a Stark plane, they're mentioning items that have been created. Or something like that.
He name drops Cap's new Shield, as well as a belt which has been made for Thor.
With Thor's hammer being destroyed in his movie, I'm guessing Tony has forged him the Hammer.. Axe from Ultimates as a replacement, which had the battery.. Belt thingo.

What's the point of making MJ black if black guys don't even like black girls?

That would be cool. Makes me wonder if Cap will get the energy shield? Although that would look dumb

Yeah, I have no idea. I guess it could even be his current shield from the comics with the weird separation gimmick, but I'm not sure how well that'd translate.

The two-piece would make for a neat toy tbqh, though odds are it'd be the energy one, and even then that'll probably just be a backup come Infinity War for whenever Thanos, presumably, shatters the physical one.

>Newest one is always the bestest one ever.
Every fuckin' time.

I love when they get people known mostly for comedic roles to play villains

>second-act twist
spoil me, user

Cause white boys definitely do

Vulture is Liz's dad

I admit, the post credits scene did make me laugh

>This movie actually places the least amount of importance on the love interest subplot

Fuck yeah. Thank you, Marvel Studio.

It literally pulls the Put On A Bus trope too

PACIENCE

Yes

In short, anyone who saw the movie says it's good. The only ones complaining are those who have not seen it yet.

Saw it a few hours ago and that was my thoughts as well. I'm actually stoked for Ultimates hammer.

I did not like it user. Not because movie was bad or anything but it's by far the least faithful Spider-Man movie. Should have just made an OC character or used Miles considering Ned is basically Ganke.

>Not because movie was bad.
>Not muh Spider-man
>I want Miles

Holy shit 0/10.

I enjoyed it and the more I think about it the more I like it and want to see it again. The Vulture was very good. His motivation was simple but Keaton nailed it. Also his suit was menacing as fuck. The way it moved and the sounds it made. Good shit. Stark didn't even bother me. Hes in a lot of the movie but at no point did he ever take the spotlight from Spidey.
Its a solid 8/10
One of the better MCUs actually.

>I want Miles
Never said that nigger. And yes not muh Spider-Man is a valid criticism.

this

it's a great movie one of the best marvel movies and DEFINITELY the best spiderman movie

you'll see for yourselves this weekend

Fuck you Cap

No it's not
>Hurr his friend is fat
>Hurr he's too young
>Hurr hev doesn't tell the Avengers to fuck off like he did that one time
Have you ever read Ultimate Spiderman?

Yeah because EVERYTHING about Ned and the movie are comic accurate other than him being fat amirite. Like the fact that he is Peter's annoying le epic nerdy fat high school friend in the movie rather than him being Peter's coleague. Or the fact that Flash is a 4'2 shitskin snobby asshole rather than a blond footballer high school jock that's always provoking Peter to fight him who also happens to be a huge Spider-Man fan. Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit, or Aunt May discovering his identity being played as a fucking joke in the movie. SURE the movie is straight out of Ultimate.

How bout this nigger, I'm completely ignoring the fact that you are moving goalposts. But when did I fucking imply let alone saying any of the shit you greentexted.

Saw it yesterday, Zendaya's character was there just because. Flash was okay filling in the bully part since they say they "researched" modern day bullies in high school.

one of thing I like in the movie that I don't think anyone talks about is how they show Peter having to choose between being Spider Man or being a normal high schooler. They show it when most of the decathlon team went swimming at night but Peter chose not to join in. He gets to be a normal high schooler when Tony took away his tech suit.

>Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit
For the movies at least I actually like this. It makes sense. The thing that always fucked with me in the other movies is how he starts off with a shitty homemade costume and by the end he has some movie quality shit out of nowhere. At least with Tony it makes sense where the suit came from.

You named Ganke, mate, as for the rest i just repeated what idiots like you say

>Peter's annoying le epic nerdy fat high school friend
Oh noez, an OC that used a secondary character's name, what are we ever gonna do. And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM

>Flash is a 4'2 shitskin snobby asshole
Are you one of those that thinks the relationship between Peter and Flash was all about how physically imposing the latter should be? He treats Peter like shit, so he's Flash, focusing so much on his race only shows you're a fucking idiot too focused on politics

>Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit
You mean like how he made the Iron-spider suit in comics? Or like how in Ultimate Peter's suit came from the wrestling organization? What's the problem here

>Aunt May discovering his identity played as a fucking joke
Different contexts. Could it have been done differently? Yes. Is it a tragedy that ruins the movie? Doubt it

I'm still waiting to be told how OC/Miles-like this movie is

>Ned is cool and a good addition
WRONG. FAKE NEWS.
that fucking fat faggot wants to use the fact that he knows who Spiderman is to get popular instead of worrying about Peter's life.

A quality suit that is similar to what's in the movie is actually pretty easy to make user. Only problem is the mask really. But they could just find an excuse anyway. Fucking Peter had Spider-Sense in Civil War and now he doesn't and they didn't even bother with explaining why it's that way.

amazon.com/ONeill-Wetsuits-Reactor-Black-X-Large/dp/B004I44QLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499340189&sr=8-1&keywords=O'Neill wetsuit

Or if you're too obsessed with comic lore like me you could do the pieces part part.

amazon.com/dp/B003UC1KI6/ref=twister_B01ETDZBWK?th=1
amazon.com/Defender-Compression-Baselayer-Running-Tights/dp/B01KS1GMHK/ref=cts_ap_3_vtp

>You named Ganke, mate, as for the rest i just repeated what idiots like you say
Because he literally is Ganke other than the name.

>Oh noez, an OC that used a secondary character's name, what are we ever gonna do. And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM
A secondary character that is important and a core part of the Spider-Man canon.

>And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM
Who fucking cares about USM? As if Ultimate is the only story which the setting is High School. Hello, have you ever heard of the fucking first 30 issues of Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man and countless other titles? Oh and yeah, I forgot the part in USM where MJ is a geeky genius bud of Peter excuse me. Or the fact that she subtletly uses Peter's secret identity to gain popularity.

>Are you one of those that thinks the relationship between Peter and Flash was all about how physically imposing the latter should be
No.
>He treats Peter like shit, so he's Flash
You clearly have no decent understanding of the character and his function in comics.
>You mean like how he made the Iron-spider suit in comics
Because this movie is sure based off Civil War
>Peter's suit came from the wrestling organization
You do know he modified it right?
Cont

>What's the problem here
Uh I don't know, maybe Peter having le epic gadgets and AI which are totally out of character you fucking idiot?

>Is it a tragedy that ruins the movie?
No but it's a promise that Feige has failed to keep. And also shows how much people that are responsible for the movie don't really take the character seriously.

Now go off yourself, excuse of a human being. But before that read some comics kiddo.

Like Ned in the comic. How, unfortunately, would make any child fourteen years without a strong moral education and a desperate attempt to be noticed. Yes, he comes out annoying, but it's realistic. At a narrative level this however serves to make Peter's life more risky. The audiance knows that Ned is a weak spot that can put Peter at risk at any time. It can make both funny scenes or tension.

BY THE WAY, I honestly would be okay with it if Tony just gave Peter the modified webshooters and not the rest of the fucking high tech mumbo jumbo bullshit.

Also another Spider-Man who is terrible at keeping his identity secret. Very in-character amirite.

>Peter having le epic gadgets and AI which are totally out of character you fucking idiot?

Hello, guy who doesn't read comic books. Time to go back to Sup Forums, thanks for visiting.

Sonetimes i wonder how autists like you fiction. Is there even a single CBM that lives up to your standards of what constitutes a good adaption?

Spiderman as always been full of optional even during the Romita Sr time. The problem is that he was poor fag so he did not have the funds to keep the equipment. A lot of times the FF helped him giving him something, which he regularly destroyed.

And anyways, times change and so the characters. Before dying, my grandfather hated Burton Batman because he identified Batman with Adam West. He was not even a reader, but that was the only Batman he knew.

I can already tell you how it'll be handled.

Peter comes home, sees Aunt May, she tells him a bunch of things and then has a line like "I know the Avengers won't care about your homework, but I do" sort of thing.

No YOU fuck off insufferable cunt. Show me ONE SPIDER-MAN COMIC which sets place in high school where peter has an AI Tech support. Or the one where Tony gives him the Spider-Tracers and all other stuff.

Protip: You can't.

Now fuck off back to cherrypicking shit people say against the movie on reddit.

I do like comic book movies that aren't like 1:1 perfect adaptations user. But these kind of movies don't actually care about the source material or the core of the character and this is why I despise the movie. Notice how I didn't even mention that shitty MJ twist.

>Show me ONE SPIDER-MAN COMIC which sets place in high school where peter has an AI Tech support. Or the one where Tony gives him the Spider-Tracers and all other stuff.

Now you're moving the goalposts because you know you were wrong?

Please, back to Sup Forums

You can cry with the other idiots who don't know what they're talking about and at least there you won't get called out on your bullshit. I think it's best for you

That's not moving goalposts. Again, you provided ZERO arguments on why I'm wrong. Which I'm not. I like how you niggers start posting hurr durr go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums when you are cornered with your bullshit.

>I liked how Spider-Man 2 managed to make Octavius deep and interesting
There was nothing deep about Otto is sp 2. He had a silly and bizarre character development, but that's about it. Most of the movie he was a generic sociopathic villain.

Your complaint was gadgets and AI

Peter has had gadgets since he created his webshooters, and AI in Dan Slott's ASM

But then you add in all these other stipulations that it has to take place during high school and be provided by Stark

Why haven't you gone back to Sup Forums? I'm not sure how you plan to come out on top of any discussion here. You can try to twist the argument to affect the outcome, but that will not work. Nobody here is that stupid