DC should kill off or send Batman into retirement

Batman is old and busted, and now he is basically a jobber.

DC has pretty much done everything they possibly could with the character and everything now is a retread. There is no new or interesting takes on him left. He is literally the least interesting major hero in the DC universe.

The mantle needs to be passed on

They tried to do that with Final Crisis and Warner Bros slapped the shit out of them when they found out.

They should do that, yet they won't.

Because Bruce Wayne as Batman makes money

They need to do that with every character desu.

yes let's replace Batman with Miles Morales.

DC has been putting batman into retirement for at least 40 years.

In the 80's batman retired in The Dark Knight Strikes again.
in the 90's Batman retired in Knightfall.
in 00 Batman Retired in RIP
in the 10's Batman retired in that one comic where Gordan becomes mecha-Batman for a while.

Instead of getting rid of Batman where he'll inevitably will come back why not try actual new stories?

Do you really believe this OP? Just asking cause if the highest selling comics book character is busted what of the rest? What of lets say superman, DC rebooted twice just to make him interesting he is fine now in rebirth but to say Batman needs to retire is the height of hubris, the type of hubris that only Dickfags have so ask yourself user are you just a Dickfag who wants the King to die so his Bastard can take the throne?

G-Money said he had stories for years and years with Dick and Damian. I wish we'd have let him do his thing. Dick and Damian in the Batman books, Bruce running Inc. and on the League. It was perfect.

They already tried doing that with Dick taking on the Mantle. They even gave him a new Robin.

And though everyone loved it DC execs still backtracked on it.

So literally it all comes down to comics are the gateway to blockbuster movies and toy lines where the actual money is.

And Batman being an A-Lister that's really had the only string of successful DC movies so far, they just won't let the writers do it?

>DC should get rid of their highest-selling cash cow because I am a retarded bitter autist.
>Only my tastes are right, everyone else is wrong.
>Only I matter.

This is why you aren't rich, op.

Anti-Batfags are as retarded as Batfags.

They believe that if Batman didn't exist then their favorite Z-lister (like Ted Kord or Booster Gold) would be loved by everyone and have a billion movies and tv shows.

It's sad how much their autistic hate blinds them.

Only Anti-Wolverinefags come close.

>where Gordan becomes mecha-Batman for a while.
That didn't even last a year

Which Robin was that?

Its a weird mind set that I just don't understand. Do I believe Batman is overexposed? Yes, but people(and I) still love him and like it or not motherfucker is still number one DC just need to stop regress his character and he will be fine.

>In the 80's batman retired in The Dark Knight Strikes again.
user, I...

>DC should kill off Batman
You misspelled Joker.

>Doesn't know who was dicks Robin
>Didn't read Morrisons batman and robin
user how long have you been on Sup Forums for

What about bringing in Thomas Wayne for a bit? It would've been nice to see an older Batman in main continuity and not the one in Earth 2. It worked with Kingdom Come Superman.

Put him on a team or have him take over for a while. I'd love to see him and Damian meet, Bruce can learn about his alternate universe mother, and you can whore out a different Batman in other books.

Warner Brothers cares about their comic division?

>Everything now is a retread
When was the last time Batman was an action hero instead of a pulp character?

We need see more of Bruce wayne ...

My Bad, the Duck Knight Returns.

They tried it back in 2009 or so.
Was pretty awesome for a while, I loved Batwoman Elegy and Batman and Robin, the Black Mirror was pretty okay too.

But I imagine the "real" Batman sells better.

>When was the last time Batman was an action hero instead of a pulp character?
Uhh, in most every issue of Snyder and King's runs?

So, only since 2011? Snyder turned him into an action hero in the second half of zero year.

>40 years.
>The Dark Knight Strikes again
You suck at math and you suck at comic book history.

DC should just release a new story, same Batman shit but something is off.
>Everything looks like before
>Batman is called Batman
>No sign of Wayne Enterprises
>Couple of new villains here and there, classics appear as well
>Batman kicks more ass and is more violent
>Batman kills someone and is okay with it
>Batman has killed joker
>What has happened to Batman? Where is Bruce Wayne and Alfred. Read the next comic!

>Yes, but people(and I) still love him

Bruce is the vanilla ice cream that still remains one of the most popular flavors on this or any other country of the planet. Likewise, he is the Robbins, Susan, Stephen King, Cartland, Steel, et. al that are most widely read on this country or any other. He is the Transformers, Shrek and so forth and so on.

People don't know better and the lowest common denominator is not love, user, it's simply habit.

You might as well say that McDonald's is the most beloved meal on the planet.

I always thought Bruce should take a less front line role. He's pushing forty and has an arm of young proteges. Always thought he'd move to a command and support role in the field, only intervening in direct combat if an ally gets in trouble or needs back up.

I am totally with you bro, the time for a gay black woman Batman is now! +1 karma bro!

>Let's kill off Mickey Muse while we're at it.
Idiots.

No wait... okay
Why don't we retire Bruce Wayne... and make Azrael Batman?

I feel like a lot of cats are not taking this thread seriously.

This, but instead of Thomas Wayne it is Batman '66.

sometimes I approve this but then... I prefer Bruce here and Dick as Nightwing..