Trannies in my cartoons

If you were to make a cartoon, how would you add a transgender character without making it forced or weird? The only time I've seen a tranny character and liked them is Alice, and her whole point to be made fun off.

You can't make a good trans character since th eye are no good trans people in real life.
I'm not trying to be a Sup Forumsyard or anything but I don't think anyone right in his mind would to something like that to himself.

You guys have never met a trans person in real life, and it shows

you can really be "trans" though can you?

One of my childhood friends is trans
he'e female to male

Present the character as a human with flaws and virtues like anyone else. Make sure that being trans isn't their only defining characteristic. It's going to be a big part of the character, no way around that, but gender is still only one part of characterization regardless of whether the character is a man, woman, or trans. Present other aspects of the character that allows non-trans people to identify with the character, otherwise the character will be lost on the majority of the audience. Other characters have to appeal broadly as well, this does not go away when making a trans character. Finally, present the issues that come with being trans in a way that shows the character's humanity and allows other characters to do that as well. Make it less "oh look how oppressed this poor little trans is" and more "look at how little difference there actually is between trans people and others".

Just introduce a character who's boyish looking with a slightly off voice. In cases with the few trans people I've met that's been the experience and even though i could eventually tell they were trans it never really came up as a topic. Like hanging out with someone with a lazy eye or something.

>You can't make a good trans character
Pic related says you are seriously wrong. Yea it's Sup Forums related but it still relates to the question.

Also, not all trans people are easily offended tumblrites since the ones who I've hung around have always been chill & never crusified me. Hell, I kept slipping up by calling one of them a she, since i knew her as a woman before, & never did they correct me, glare at me, or loathe me.

wasn't 'she' gettin deep dicked by the inmates left and right, make the warden all sad and shit?

reveal that the character was trans the whole time like a year after they premier by showing a birth certificate and a name change decree or a photo of them as a child or a flashback or they meet someone from their past who does not recognize them.

Sure. Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream (especially Starscream). There's a whole show of 'em.

All things considered, Alice was probably only competent person in all of Superjail.

>without making it forced or weird
Trans people are extremely rare. Outside of circumstances where one would reasonably expect a decent chance of finding them, a visible trans person is a pretty good signal that the writer wanted that person with those attributes specifically. Also, most people are interested in passing, not announcing themselves to the world.

Her transgenderness was just the punchline for a joke in the end.

Alice was the one delivering the deep dickings, she's dom as fuck.

Mostly, but she did have a fairly tragic backstory. Used to work as a guard at a regular prison, had a huge gay crush on the warden there, who was straight. Tried to become a woman so she could seduce him, but it didn't work and he got fired. Superjail ended up being the only place that would take her in.

I was talking about this one.

I don't think you can put a tranny in a cartoon and not have it be belittling to transgender people. I'm pretty sure that most of them are transitioning with the end goal of being identified as their new gender rather than being identified as a transvestite. The only way i could see this working would be if the cartoon was completely about a person transitioning, but that would make it pretty weird.

Just include one and rarely, if ever, bring it up. Just like with good females: come up with a good character, add the gender after the fact.

Op here, in western cartoons they always need to make things really simple, so I always thought everything that is apart of a character is there for a reason. I'm no professional, but having trans seems to be this huge character vortex that would make everything else about them void, and not a good character. Thoughts?

1. Don't tell the audience or characters
2. Make it a love interest for the mc
3. ???
4. Profit

only if you're a shitty writer

you just need the character to exist normally and then casually reveal it in a way that isn't too obvious or just show some gender-related struggles the character might face, it's that easy

>without making it forced or weird
You can't, if you tackle it for political reasons of course it's forced, if you simply display it as it is, it will be weird by the mere fact that transgender people are incredibly rare and by no means normal.

Yea, but no one really cared that she was trans. It wasn't shoved in everyones face, & when it was brought up, it wasn't a huge deal. Tobey tossed it aside in the end & no one ever throughout the game that knew that fact wasn't discomforted by her presence. Even people who learned that fact never made it a big deal. If you enjoyed Erica, you enjoyed her because of her character alone, not because she was Trans. She was a well handled trans character which makes me wish there was more of.

Cute & androgynous

Did you fuck them before or after transition?

I would make a female to male and just make them a normal dude with their own storyline. I can't think of any female to male trannies in Sup Forums media actually.

Kamen Rider Wizard is shit but it has the best and most lovable trans character I've ever personally seen. They never draw attention to her trans-ness or even say it out loud that I remember. They just make her a good character that is a delight with every appearance.

Also, don't show they're trans by showing them undressing. That kind of reveal always seemed kind of creepy and voyeuristic.

I wouldn't. Or I would, but only to make it a plot point and show why I don't think it's a good ideology.
If I was forced to put it in, I would try make it clear that I've been forced and purposefully spell out a bad, confusing moral and claim it wasn't intentional.

Transfags are generally weird as fuck to begin with. And if the character is activist as fuck, then they're forced by definition.

Don't be such a bigot user.

The various parties who scream about this shit have irreconcilable conflicting priorities. The reality of the situation is that transfags almost all have body integrity disorder class social anxiety about getting clocked, so they're going to be keeping that shit out of the public eye to begin with. And the next largest part of the population are the activists are the ones who treat every day like a trans pride parade.

See also: Howard Chakyin.

The more works that I've seen that have terrible reveals, bizarrely fetishistic in a way that doesn't make sense with the work or like bad revolutionary fan fiction, the more I think that simply NOT doing a reveal is a frequently a better play.

In the Catherine/Katherine game, I think a significant number of players will have played the game and still not know about the trans shit.

Easy. You just a make a normal girl/boy, then in conventions you tell the fans that the character was actually born as the opposite sex. That's it.

Same but maybe include like three or four instead of just one. After all, it would make sense that people who identify as LGBTQ would have friends who identify as one of those.

>The only way i could see this working would be if the cartoon was completely about a person transitioning, but that would make it pretty weird.

There are clearly times and ways that it works better than others.

FIrst is if the universe is weird as fuck. Transmetropolitan could stick a trans character in, and probably did have one, but with all the other insane shit in it, I can't remember. Also like the gender swap thing in Star trek. Superjail is crazy as fuck as well.

In Catherine's case, the entire game is about fidelity and truthfullness to your partner, forming bonds with a lover and having children. So having a trans character there actually makes a lot of thematic sense. So, there are themes where having a character like that makes sense.

If your setting deals with a community that would have transfags in it, I think it could also work organically, which is more or less the same settings that are hypergay as fuck.

I'm going to call this play the Con/Con.

What are a flock of homosexuals or transfags called? A circuit party of gays? A p-flag of transexuals?

that's just a female character with a transgender backstory tacked on, then.

Part of the problem is that in cartoons and comics there is often magic and super tech.

So there are characters that are one gender, then get transformed via magic, nanobots or whatever and it's done for comedy or drama or just temporary for the story.

But making an actual real-world trans character (born as one gender, identifies as the other, no magic fix for them) is difficult.

Why?

Because that's their whole character trait, like a gay character who is only shoe-horned in, you could replace their every second line with "BTW I'm Trans".

Tiger and Bunny anime had a side-character who was trans (clearly male, but insisted she was a she).

But the other characters are never weirded out by it and she doesn't constantly talk about trans oppression, she just acts like a normal hero (if a very bitchy one).

And she didn't let the guy know before they had sex.

That's rape.

You don't have to be a good person to be a good character.

It's super hard!

Make it a female to male who is a deeply misogynist MGTOW homosexual-male /fit/izen who is constantly dropping 'red pills' about 'the female parasites'.

Make it a criminally insane villain.

Make it a 1D cute trap boy fanservice character with hidden depths - hard or impossible to do without advancing to repudiating their 'transexuality' as unhealthy.

Make it a 1D cute tomboy girl fanservice character with the fact that it is actually a tranny and not just a tomboy as a surprise.

Make it an 'androgynous sex deity' type character who is ambiguously genuinely intersex.

I keep having to say it.

Opinions on Sup Forums are almost entirely meaningless.

Like in a western Sup Forums cartoon, maybe like a crazy as fuck leather face type would make since and is fitting to the character (because they are crazy and need people to support help them) , but just some regular person who is trans doesn't work for me because their whole character would revolve around it.

Remove "on Sup Forums" and you have a point.

Yeah but it's a place for the most unadulterated and cruelly honest messages where people post exactly what they think without fear of social norms or stigma. They critic or idea, hidden under the cynicism, is the most real truth I've seen in the internet.

>how would you add a transgender character
I wouldn't.

>the most unadulterated and cruelly honest
or maybe just people writing whatever shit they think will give them the most (you)s, you ever think about that?

Robot that looks like one gender or the other and plays around with sampling different relationships, decides on one that works with Tranny life style and visuals. Simple and effective.

>93683425
That's a good one. Here's your
>You.

I'd make it about anthro animals and the character would be a seahorse

Either have them just be background, like gay parents in some cartoons these days, or have the revelation be mostly background. Like, don't make it the character's main focus, just have it be something you can piece together from background clues and maybe gets mentioned once long after almost everyone should have figured it out. Basically, it should be so low-key that they might as well not be a tranny and nothing significant about the character would change.

Of course that's just for quality characters in general. If you want it to be for a kids show with some education lesson of the day bullshit or just focus on them being a tranny it pretty much has to be forced and kinda weird because it's a weird rare thing that can be subtle unless you force it.

Yeah, but they were obviously just making excuses because they don't like trannies, not really talking about the virtues of quality characters.

Make them confident. Don't make them a victim. Don't use them them to push a social agenda. Use them as an interesting character.

>how would you add a transgender character without making it forced or weird?
Set the story in a setting where advanced technology and/or magic has made it actually possible to change biological sex. I hope that in the future we can finally cure gender dysphoria so all this trans discourse will go away.

I'm male to female trans so I'd just model them after myself and hope people like them

So you're saying Trans characters are characters that remind everyone that they're trans instead of acting like a character? That trans characters have to always be big deals? & the fact that they're trans is the only character they have instead of their personality?

Does anybody remember Grell?

IIRC, Mettaton is also a good Sup Forums trans character? He seems to be done like suggests.

How is consensual sex rape? Whoop de fucking do, she didn't tell him. But he liked Erica for Erica, & Erica isn't Eric. Hell, the guys seemed to make no deal out of it even when they screwed. Only a little, but finding out your friends screwed each other always seems awkward, especially if it's the young new guy. They seemed to only worry if Tobey ever found & how he would react. In the end they seemed to brush that off & get together in the end either way.

how would you do it.

>Grell
To remember, I would have had to have watched that weeaboo shit to begin with.

Is the shit fucking awesome? If so, sell me on it.

I would contest whether the character is trans to begin with, being a transforming robot. Also, the characterizations in that game and interactions are shallow, although a relatively short game isn't going to have that much depth.

That said, MTT's definitely queer as fuck, and is a far better character overall than anything from Marvel's recent output or Batgirl.

I'd say it's on par with good jojo fanfiction. Which is not too shabby in such a harshly tilted environment.

Did no one here watch Venture Bros? Hunter Gathers is one of the best characters.

Baaaiiiiiit.

Just have them ask a regular person, but go into the male/female toilets instead or something small like that.

>th eye are no good trans people in real life

>how would you add a transgender character without making it forced or weird?
A better question is why would you add one in the first place.

Make the character a magical fusion of male and female. A SCIENCE fusion of male and female like through a teleporter accident won't do though because science fiction lends itself more to follow up questions. It's best to keep it as ambiguous as possible.

If all trannies passed this well, the world would be a wonderful place.

I was actually a witness to 2 trannies being murdered in Bangladesh. Group of cheeky lads cut them up with machetes. Not even trannies deserved to die like that, but I'm sure if it were normal people I'd have PTSD or some other fugged up shit so I'm glad it was trannies.

I did pray to god to forgive their sins, I didn't hate them or anything.

Not Sup Forums but pic related is the best example I've seen of a trans character in something, though he's only debatably trans.

Too bad only like 5 people watched the anime and maybe 2 played the game.

I mean that depends wholly on the genre of the cartoon, and if it has romance and shit or not

I suppose if we're talking perfectly spherical chicken in a vacuum, I'd just have them shown taking prescription pills every day, getting visibly more uncomfortable when certain gender topics come up and trying to change the subject, I dunno.
I wouldn't want to hide it behind a veneer of plausible deniability just to avoid offending soccer moms, but I don't have any stories about the transgender experience rattling around off the top of my head that I want to share with the world or anything. so it would just be there in plain sight. what matters is they be fleshed out with hobbies and passions and goals and shit that sometimes conflict. y'know, a character rather than a prop.

I would make them the main character rather than just the supporting cast though. but they are not gonna be a redhead. its fucking uncanny how nearly every transcharacter in modern Sup Forums stuff is a redhead

Here's a trans from Sup Forums whose gender dysphoria is a believable and sympathetic part of her character. R.I.P. It hurts so much. Togata was too good for that world.

Stupid question, is it ok if a transgirl character has a male voice actor?
Or would you give her a female voice?

>I dont get PTSD from humans getting butched, because I dehumanized them to myself

fixd

I knew a really really hot girl who was trans. She transittioned when she was about 13.

Trannys are people with severe mental disorders. You can't have them in a story and have it flow normally.

Dr. Girlfriend is all woman.

I wouldn't. Mental illness should be treated by addressing the mental illness itself, not by playing along with the delusion and irrevocably altering their body.

We're pretty normal dudes, so don't worry about getting the character "wrong" or anything.

Keep telling yourself that.

Doesn't matter, whoever can perform the slow transition in her voice. Unless they just pitch shift.

>Make sure that being trans isn't their only defining characteristic
Really just this

You are absolutely correct.

As opposed to people who use their real identities and have to be careful to say the right things or on other sites that people try to get the most likes, upvotes, reblogs and the like?
You honestly expect more honesty from people seeking the most approval, not causing waves and trying to be liked?

>and her whole point to be made fun off.
That's the secret, the character has to be as much of a joke as the people they're parodying at the very least.

>Also, not all trans people are easily offended tumblrites
I swear I've heard that argument before somewhere...

Furries are mentally defective sick in the mind. They need to be shuned and mocked for there creepy fetish.

>mentally defective sick in the mind
>Furries want to be animal people and fuck anything that moves because they have no control over their libido
>Trannies want to be the opposite gender and fuck anything willing in a vain attempt to legitimize their transition
Pretty sure they both fit the bill in their own way.

that's not what OP asked for

>Trannys

>transittioned

But Phantom Limb tells us that, and he would know.

>If you were to make a cartoon, how would you add a transgender character without making it forced or weird?
Make him an extremely bombastic but pure evil villain.

All of the "trans" people I've ever met have been absolutely, horrendous faggots. Not all of them were tumblristas, but they were all terrible in their own right - hence why they're all mentally ill and/or have other problems they need to address, but decide to physically and mentally harm themselves even more to cope with whatever ails them.

That being said though, like stated, they don't have to be good people to be good characters. Trans people are pretty hilarious in their own right for both their mental state and personality. Being a content creator myself, I love to take inspiration from wacky shit/people that have been in my life in some sort of shape or form - and these people are DEFINITELY wacky.

Trannies aside though, like many people have already stated: if you are going to make a "quota" character, make sure they have just that - character. Otherwise they're just going to be another token cast member to make the creators/network/executives feel good about themselves.

Wasn't there a cartoon starring a trans character a nnounced a while back? Gen Z or something?

there was and now that i remember superjail! i know they are blatantly FUCKING LYING

"hurfturf muh first cartoon with trans main character" which it fucking isn't, since alice in superjail! IS a main character

is she?
i always thought she was just a manly woman

bumpereeno

Daily reminder that Jackie is a tranny and a whore.

The OP asked for how I would design a tranny character that wasn't forced or weird.

Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

It probably isn't forced nor weird, but it isn't transexual either.