youtube.com/watch?v=dA6KPuUGQz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One day...

>Doomfist
>Not Terry Crews

Why even live?

Wolf Smoke has come a long way.

vimeo.com/28494779

Terry Crews is overhyped, the voice of this guy is a lot more fitting for the persona they seem to be going for

Is his Skin bullet proof? If so then why is Tracer even trying instead of using her pulse bomb

>with this kind of animation

Good. Keep your choppy anime garbage the fuck out of here.

you're right, all the characters should have 4 fingers and heads that look like rubix cubes

Get the fuck out of here, Jeff

Terry Crews would have been godlike.
This guy sucks.
His design sucks.
His persona sucks.
Every new addition to the roster since launch sucks.
Overwatch was a mistake.

It's a Chinese studio, so technically not anime.

Seriously that animation was fucking stupid. They were just pelting him with fucking gunfire and he just sat there ignoring it and throwing shit at them. Unless he has some kind of bulletproof skin, or some kind of energy shield, whoever made that video is bad and should feel bad.

You get out of here Terry, I told you I don't like black people

She has to shoot a bunch and zip around before the bomb will charge up. Getting kills and objective helps speed up the process

The writing is mediocre as all hell so I don't mind. It's a fun game but nobody plays for the characters personalities, they play it because they want a fun class based shooter after TF2 killed itself with MyM or they want to play as their waifu/husbando and masturbate later.

Go check out his abilities. Doomfist has a shield as one of his passive abilities.

Still waiting on my fucking Mei cinematic.

>Overwatch focusing on more shields for everybody
In other news scientist have finally confirmed that the sky, is in fact, blue.

Better than watching a glorified flip book. But hey, if your lucky, maybe it will fall back on decades old cliches like all your favorite weebshit.

Not my point, but noted. Thanks.

I don't see what the big deal is. All the offense heroes have some kind of sustain ability, so it makes sense that Doomfist would have one too.

It's literally the same as Reapers' ability. The more damage Doomfist does, the more shields he gains. He can have a total of 400 health.

>that
>good
No weight and shitty timing.

D.Va for me.

>TF2 killed itself with MyM
Literally nothing has changed.
The server list is still there and populated

>Why do so many heroes have sustain?

Have you played a MOBA before?

Reminds me of Boondocks

Wow more bland and totally uninspired Blizzard writing.

At least the hero is fun to play, even if he's stupid broke and promotes the dive meta more.

She's way more obese than that with a corset

>it's a Sup Forums pretending to know anything about animation episode
you know no one will take you seriously if you're vague as shit with your criticism, right?

>Populated
Noooooo.
Add no auto-balance into the mix making most games into steamrolls or getting rolled and the game is a fucking mess. And this is coming from someone who is level 83 on the shitty matchmaking.

nah m8, Mei's story is more tragic.

Who's Terry Crews?

>Mei
>Fat

Still in denial I see

>with this kind of animation

Thankfully. Activision's 3D studio did a marvelous job with the original shorts, but whoever was in charge of this short was clearly nowhere near that level in 2D animation.
It was pretty damn bad. The composition was all over the place and the animation lacked a lot of nuances that make animated 2D action scenes good.

Don't play matchmaking servers, moron

And D.Va is superior.

>I can like this for vague/no reasons
>You need a fucking essay to justify disliking this

>It's a Sup Forums pretending anything it likes is above criticism episode

She's got such a baby face

M-maybe Terry is the glove...

Theres also the chance that he wasn't a match for a character but they do say they have a plan for a different character down the line

>Don't play matchmaking servers
>75% of community maps are trade and dumb joke maps
>Only official map that get's consistent player numbers is Hightower
>Only a handful of Skial server's that may or may not have the map you want
Ignoring the fact that community server's aren't much of a great alternative beyond one (admittedly big) pro of being able to permaban hackers: Why the fuck can't Valve just, you know, fix their own game? Like are you also that guy that says Bethesda shouldn't crashes or game breaking bugs because someone else will mod it?

>still playing this game
It's fucking shit. Updates are once every 6 months and even then they're not maps, not to mention that they lock all the good skins to shitty timed events where you grind and get jack shit. I know mobile games that are more fun to play than this piece of shit, and I played it for a good 3 months solid.

Fuck you Blizzard.

Why the hell would you want a full animated series? There's no depth to the world of Overwatch. Blizzard gave in years ago to the idea of making two-trait characters and set pieces in place of actual world-building and storytelling.

It's literally the same level of animation in shows like Avatar. You have nothing of value to offer outside of worthless shit you learned in animation school. Nice work wasting your money, by the way.

This was done by the same guy?! No fucking way

>it's shit
>could you explain why?
>i-its just shit
baby wanna bottle?

>not an adventurer
>not a genius scientist
>not THICC
>doesn't make puns
>is easily countered by Mei
>isn't EEEEEEVIL
>is gamer trash

How is she superior exactly?

Same studio, yes. They also did the Batman of Shanghai shorts for DC Nation.

youtube.com/watch?v=dA6KPuUGQz4

Neat, care to expand and help educate a fellow user?

Terry Crews as Melodi the Plant Goddess

I just know he will not be the other missing moon monkey... blizzard would never do it.

You know he doesn't. No one on Sup Forums actually knows anything about animation. 80% of you faggots equate "art style" with animation, what makes you think anyone here actually knows anything "composition"?

Mei doesn't go to adventures, she's just a fat hippie scientist who ripped off Mr Freeze

>the 3D studio did a marvelous job
No it didn't, it was janky and awkward. It's not like Pixar or Disney's 3D where there's some feeling of weight to what the characters are doing. All the characters in the 3D shorts in general are too floaty.

2D is usually sloppier than 3D but at least it's easier to put some weight on your characters actions.

Animation looks alright but damn that was lame in so many ways

Actually since this is an origin trailer and not a cinematic it is actually the best of kind given the others were just Visual Novel stills

>His design sucks
I'm thinking about this too. The gauntlet is cool but it feels like Doomfist himself looks like every template for "tough black guy" ever. Should have been blacker. Like midnight black. There probably would have been backlash for that though since some people don't know black people can get that dark.

Oh right. Taylor Townsend is slim as fuck

It's cute that you're taking this act so far.

>weight

Oh, taking some 101 3d classes huh?

Eh, I agree that most people here dont know what they are talking about and will unironically compare animation using still images, but there are some very knoledgeble and skilled people lurking here.

He already said. The actions carry no weight and there's no momentum in the movements. Also, the timing of the actions makes the animation look rushed and removes any sense of realism. These combine to create a scene more akin to a couple of jpeg cutouts of characters sliding around in MS paint than an actual animation of characters interacting with eachother. Anybody with half a brain not distracted by jerking off on their anime figurines could have inferred all that. But no, I want you to spoon feed me, daddy.

>compares a show from 2005 to something a decade later
>avatar animators still had better grasp of weight

Not everybody who isn't blind went to animation school, btw

*lurking here too.

Why the lack of faith? With Castlevania getting animated series I don't think anything's out of reach

>removes any sense of realism
And that's where you're outed as a manchild who doesn't actually know anything about animation. I'm sure the 5 minute deviantart course is down the hall.

Maybe if you say the characters don't have weight again than someone will take your worthless criticism seriously.

Not anymore. Anyone who actually knew anything about animation stopped coming here because they either got an actually job in animation or realized that coming here was a waste of time because no one here knows anything about animation.

I mean, this is the place that regularly has 'Cal Arts' meme threads.

Is blizzard did anything it would be trash. anyway. They can't write for shit.

>It's good for no reason
No it's bad
>REEE NO IT'S NOT EXPLAIN WHY FAGGOT
Explain why it's good
>No you
Multiple people already have, but here's my take
>Nobody understands animation but me you're a manchild

Still waiting for you to give your expert opinion on why it's good.

now Im sad

>The writing is mediocre as all hell
It really is but it's a special kind of mediocre, a mediocre where you can see a hint of depth and the potential to have something truly interesting that is instead drowned by clichéd and boring writing, the kind of mediocre that frustrates you instead of just making you go "huh it's alright I guess".

If you want to talk about animation, go to animation school. You'll meet people who actually give a shit and want to learn about it.

Here, people will shit on you for even thinking about going to art school. Now why would animators want to come to place like that?

nice anime. What's its name?

How the fuck does one deal with Tracer and Genji?

We'll never get any animated series with this level of animation because of jewish executives and tumblr artists.

Overwatch out this fall, One of the new Netflix anime style shows like Castlevania

Punch them with a big super tech fist.

What would a real animator think of

Nothing, because they wouldn't be reading this shit in the first place.

Literally no one here knows what they're talking about. All the pseudo intellectuals throwing around "weight" and "composition" are laughably ignorant to what either of those terms mean in terms of animation.

Don't come here for advice on animation.

You haven't even said anything about why it's bad outside of vague statement about the character weight and it not being realistic. Shut the fuck up, you ARE a manchild.

I wish it was that good looking...

thats fucking anime, take it to Sup Forums

It's from China. It's not anime, faggot.

I find him kinda boring.

still shitty anime with shitty anime animation where the characters dont move and lot of flashi lights make you feel like you are watching an animated show
hot garbage for garbage people like you
you killed animation by repressing your pedophilia

That felt off

There's something about this that just made it really dull.

I'm not sure if it was the narration, the music or the action but I just felt kind of meh.

Like compare this to , which I found a lot better in terms of choreography and movement while being done by the same people.

Sup Forums animation ''''''''experts'''''''''' everyone

>he wants conflict to strenghtren humanity
So, he is a MGS villain?

oh no you better go to tumblr where you belong if you want to see some real animation experts

Listening to Jeff Kaplan talk about him, it seems that's exactly idea.

Overwatch heroes are all a bunch of archetypes, so it fits.

>Doomfist primary fire is just his shitty left hand
>his ult can make him phase through walls

it seems they've been wanting to do this for a while

>WB shitty Korean sweatshop artstyle.

His design is boring

What does that have to do with playing a first person shooter?

Looks like some League of Legends tier weeaboo pandering, and the animation looks like shit too. No voiceover, only shitty lines that are already in the game because they couldn't afford to record lines. I guess you can't sustain your game on money from loot boxes if you don't actually put anything people want in them. Who knew?

>No Voice Over
>Video is narrated

Realistically:
Attack Tracer with electricity.

Genji, shoot him in the head or something. Not like he's immortal. Git gud.

Overwatch was designed to be a MOBA with FPS elements.

If you've ever played a MOBA, you could easily see the similarities.

And a lot of characters in MOBA games tend to have sustain.