Marvel Legacy creative team rumors

From Bleeding Cool, so take with a grain of salt as usual.

bleedingcool.com/2017/07/06/latest-marvel-legacy-rumour-begin-reveal-shape-marvel-2018/

>So Captain America will have the Chris Samnee/Mark Waid run from #694, but then followed by Ta-Nehisi Coates from #700 or #701.

>Dan Slott will write The Fall Of Parker up to Amazing Spider-Man #800 and then Nick Spencer will write the series from #801 onwards.

>Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic will indeed be taking over Avengers but not until the Spring 2018. They’re building a buffer of material and planning ahead for the book. Expect an Avengers “event” (but nothing linewide) from December to April leading up to the movie. Thanos may be involved but is not the villain of the piece.

>On and Chip Zdarsky on Marvel Two-In-One I just mentioned. Whether he will come on with The Fate Of The Four or later, I don’t know.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DanSlott/status/880901326338744320/photo/1
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90820316/#90828627
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90820316/#90828847
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Esad Ribic
why doesn't he work on that image book announced like 2 years ago

>Expect an Avengers “event”
MAKE

>Ribic
Fake and gay, unless he abandoned his Image book, which wouldn't surprise me.

Well with Image you don't get money till the book sells.

>Jason Aaron in Avengers
>event with Thanos

>Samnee Cap

DO WANT

Some creators can ask for an advance upfront, it's usually given to bigger names

>>Dan Slott will write The Fall Of Parker up to Amazing Spider-Man #800 and then Nick Spencer will write the series from #801 onwards.

>Dan Slott will write The Fall Of Parker up to Amazing Spider-Man #800 and then Nick Spencer will write the series from #801 onwards.

Why the fuck would I expect us to get a break from 10 years of shit writing?

> Spencer on Spider-Man
My Dick

Shut up, Nick.

Trading Slott for Spencer. Someone tell me how I should feel.

>Samnee Cap for 6 issues
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEally marvel c'mon we want that qq
>Dan Slott leaving AMS
>NICK SPENCER ON AMS
PRAISE KEK
>Aaron and Ribic Avengers
I'm okay with this
>Chip on Two In One
I'm okay with this

>Dan Slott will write The Fall Of Parker up to Amazing Spider-Man #800 and then Nick Spencer will write the series from #801 onward
What circle of hell are we in

christ, how shallow is marvel's roster of talent? they didn't even bother poaching or getting free agents

>fall of parker

wait, these past several years still hasn't qualified?

They got Rodney Barnes on Falcon.

Screencap this shit if you want.

>Fall of Parker will mark Slott's final arc, with the entirety of his run post-Superior being retconned, and Parker Industries getting bought out by Stark. Spencer's run will rename the book Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man with issue 801

>Avengers is seen as a dismal failure within Marvel, and they are looking to revamp that entire line with 'classic' heroes starting with issue 675. Many of these heroes will be alt-universe/timeline versions of the classics, so they can be self-contained in the Avengers titles

>Captain Marvel sales are slipping, so Marvel (the company) is considering consolidating Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel in a team book featuring various other 'Captain Marvels' - including a Life Model Decoy of Mar-Vell. Expect this after 'Dark Origin' which will convince Carol that she is dangerous and needs people to help if things get out of control.

>Daredevil will see Kingpin elected mayor of NYC, as implied by the arc title, but with a twist. It is Fisk's new lover, Mariah Dillard, who is really calling the shots and looking to reform NYC in her own image, forcing Fisk and Matt to team up

>Defenders will feature a group of villains vying for control over the title of Kingpin, what with Fisk now acting as Mayor. Purple Man, Sabretooth, Cottonmouth, and Ultron (yes, really), and The Hood.

>Incredible Hulk will move on to re-introducing Bruce Banner as the Hulk with issue 717. The book will shift Hulk to cosmic-hero status as he attempts to rescue Cho from Sakaar. Lots of team ups (Thor, GotG) to be expected

> not wanting the writer of Superior Foes on a main Spider book
Cry harder, Slott.

>So Captain America will have the Chris Samnee/Mark Waid run from #694, but then followed by Ta-Nehisi Coates from #700 or #701.
>Coates on Captain America
Can't wait for Cap's new gay muslim sidekick

>He writes one good book so all of his books are good!

Fuck off retard

I'm still mad Ultimates is ending

>people actually not wanting Spencer on Spider-Man
>when that could mean follow-up on Shocker leading the Maggia

honestly only mayor fisk sounds good, the rest sounds so uninteresting.

Refer to

>rename to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man with #801
user you cant rename the book and keep the #800, that defeats the purpose of renumbering the fucking title

Your post doesn't mean much when Spencer's written several good books.

i'm not putting anything past marvel at this point since they fucking counted renew your vows into the numbering tally

Superior Foes is one of the best books Marvel's published in years. Ant-Man is good. Captain America is good.

But the only thing really relevant is that his Spider-Man spin-off is *really* good- and now he's going to write actual Spider-Man.

>counted renew your vows
What?

>>Defenders will feature a group of villains vying for control over the title of Kingpin, what with Fisk now acting as Mayor. Purple Man, Sabretooth, Cottonmouth, and Ultron (yes, really), and The Hood.

>when that could mean follow-up on Shocker leading the Maggia

Shocker to become the new Kingpin of Crime. Fucking fund it.

So, 11 fucking months of Slott ruining and humiliating Spider-man, followed with Spencer retconning most of it

Fuck no, Marvel

I'm kind of indifferent about these.

>>Incredible Hulk will move on to re-introducing Bruce Banner as the Hulk with issue 717. The book will shift Hulk to cosmic-hero status as he attempts to rescue Cho from Sakaar. Lots of team ups (Thor, GotG) to be expected

This would be great if not for Greg Land drawing everything

twitter.com/DanSlott/status/880901326338744320/photo/1

Ignoring that is more than likely full of shit, Spencer isn't writing Defenders and Bendis has probably never read Superior Foes.

>>Avengers is seen as a dismal failure within Marvel, and they are looking to revamp that entire line with 'classic' heroes starting with issue 675. Many of these heroes will be alt-universe/timeline versions of the classics, so they can be self-contained in the Avengers titles
Shit will sell worse than Champions.

>Ironheart's sales have bombed, and Marvel wants her gone. The character will instead sacrifice herself to save Tony Stark and it will be revealed that she programmed her brain into a new JARVIS AI to help Tony on his further adventures. Expect Stark to be the MU's only Iron Man by issue 600

>Marvel Two-In-One will be a sort of vehicle for Marvel's legacy heroes. Expect lots and lots of team ups with diverse heroes, with many plot lines involving them rescuing or otherwise helping the Thing. I'm told that Marvel is nervous about including the Torch *and* The Thing in one comic, so the Torch will leave after the first arc.

>Thor will indeed die in issue #700, but Odinson will still be considered unworthy following the issue. The book's following arcs will feature Thor sent on a quest by Odin himself to find out which of Earth's heroes is worthy, as a God is no longer fit to wield Mjolnir. Expect tons of team-ups, as various heroes 'try on' the hammer.

>Moon Knight will feature an entire 'family' for Moon Knight, all of which are hallucinations. Marc Spector then sets out to get a 'real' family that will act as a new pantheon for various moon gods. Marvel does not expect - at all - the series to sell, so they are hoping they can make it to issue #200 before killing Marc off and replacing him with a team book featuring the new heroes.

>Spectacular Spider-Man will feature Peter - not Spidey - arrested for the murder of his Uncle Ben, after new evidence indicates that it was he who killed Ben after an argument, and not The Burglar. Marvel wants SSM to be the 'crazy' Spider-Man book with lots of twists and turns, even at the risk of messing around with classic continuity. I'm told they told the creative team 'no holds barred'.

Looks like it's the Secret Wars "Renew Your Vows" miniseries, not the current ongoing.

Can you go make your own thread for your fan fics rather than trying to piggyback off the Leech? Thanks.

it better be

It is: Note the number of issues. The ongoing is up to #9 this month; Slott is counting up to five.

>Slott
>Ever leaving ASM
Slott has said it would take hell and back to get him off the book. He has said that he wants the LONGEST run on ASM. He will stay in the book forever.

Spencer will get a side-book like Zdarsky. Probably 'Friendly Neighborhood' Spider-Man.

Rumors say it's suppose to tied with Thanos. Just in time for the Infinity War movie!

I hope he's fired since the bleedingcool article doesn't say where he gets shuffled into

but who the fuck am I kidding, we'll probably have slott in ASM until 2030

>Ironheart's sales have bombed, and Marvel wants her gone.
>getting rid of Riri with Bendis still being in Marvel
If you're making up shit, try to make it somewhat believable.

This might get me to start reading Marvel again

can't wait for spencer's friendly neighborhood spider-man to take on street thugs and remind us that blue lives matter

He gets Octopus ongoing.

>but who the fuck am I kidding, we'll probably have slott in ASM until 2030

Try 2050.

This is our future.

I can't find that in the 53 covers

Slott is too fat to live that long.

>Punisher will feature Frank being given War Machine's armor by an anonymous source. Various team-up issues featuring Punisher making sure the suit is 'clean'. He uses it to fight crime unaware that it was his former (dead) partner Micro using it to spy on him. Expect plenty of social tension in the story as he assumes the role of a formerly black hero.

>Spider-Man (Mile's book) will end with #250 - expect it to go out on a high note, potentially tied to a big Summer event, if not the anchor of the event itself. I'm told that Marvel is open to the idea of restarting the Ultimate line, perhaps as a shelter for their failing legacy hero lineup. Expect Miles to be a mainstay both in team books, guest appearances, and another solo title somewhere down the line. Alonso considers Miles his baby, even moreso than Bendis.

>All of the various Inhuman titles will be merged into one book - Inhumans - with all of the issues added up to some huge number. Expect this one later, rather than sooner, as Marvel still wants to test the waters with these characters.

>X-Men books are scattered all over the place. Both Wolverine books should come to an end soon, with Wolverine returning with Legacy numbering. Marvel wants all of their mutants under one 'roof' so to speak, so expect a condensed 'Uncanny X-Men' title again, with legacy numbering.

>Finally, the current wild card at Marvel is Spider-man. I'm told that higher-ups, as in corporate, want Spider-Man to fit within the movie world. Alonso is fighting it, as is Brevoort, Slott, anyone who has a say in the character, but the current vision for that character is as a high schooler living in Queens. If - and this is a big if - the suits have their way, expect the Spider-Man character to be shaken up like never before.

>Slott's out, Spencer's in

MOTHERFUCKERS I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT MONKEY'S PAW

Both his Captain America runs were shit.

I don't want Spider-Man teaming up with #BLACKLIVESMATTER against the evil two scoops police.

Can you please stop it with your shitty fanfiction? It's really annoying.

no, he dies in 2030, mark my words.

It will start after #800, so there is some time before that.

He survives off hate.
Fat Hated people live a long time.

Where did you see that in Superior Foes?

Even if Marvel knew how to talent poach, the last couple years of never-ending events and editorial mismanagement are enough of a red flag to scare off even the most naive of new talent

right that makes sense

>Marvel retcons Spider-Man back to high school
Y-you don't REALLY think they'd do that...

It's funny because I'm pretty sure it's the same fucking guy who always posts his fan fics for Marvel and DC while claiming that they're "insider info", like when he said Red Dawn was going to be DC's next big event, because he always uses similar words and phrases.

Superior Foes was ghostwritten by Lieber. Like how Morrison ghostwrote Red Son.

S Y N E R G Y

It's a shame that Lieberman posting on here for fun led to this cult of fanboys who think he was responsible for everything in Superior Foes even though that was pretty clearly not the case from everything he said.

If they did that I would no longer support Marvel. That would be worse than OMD/OMIT and a bigger regression of Peter's character.

It won't happen though. Marvel isn't that crazy (plus it would erase a lot of stuff people has done).

Marvel will just make a Highschool Peter book and claim it's canon (when it's obvious it isn't) like they did with Spidey.

It is him. And he usually posts at other places, too.

The 5 issues from Secret Wars because there was no other Amazing Spider-Man title running at the time

Because Spencer's shit is so great. Captain BLM and Captain Nazi are ssssooooook great. And his Ant-Man comic totally wasn't boring!!! And Secret Empire isn't a waste of time!!!

That's sarcasm btw.

I want this to be true just for this.

Like, all of this is probably bullshit. But if any of this has even one inkling of a truth, I would absolutely love to see how many logic loops they'd hop through in order to make him a high-schooler again.

Come to think of it, it wouldn't just be Peter, but his entire cast of friends and family as well.

The fact that he has kept doing this for so long leads me to believe he is seriously attention-starved.

It'd be easy to do. Give someone the time gem or have Kang invade New York. Time jumps/retcons are simple compared to most other things. Just reel everyone back about 13 years.

>Spencer on Spidey

Secret Wars sucked nuts, but I'll take him over Slott anyday.

Hahahahahaahhah bs. There's No cap book.

Slott is forever.

Fuck el i can't write interestng humans ewing.

it seems like you can't read you stupid nigger

>Ewing still on Royals
>Ahmed still on Black bolt
Ok in my book
>us avengers going while ultimates isn't
Didn't it have lower sales

>spirits of vengeance
Need a creative team, but I look forward to Satana book

>Secret warriors survived
I liked the team dynamics, should be better without event bullshit

Don't care about the rest

>us avengers going while ultimates isn't
>Didn't it have lower sales
maybe marvel said one or the other

It would be an interesting trainwreck

Fighting American is coming

Not from Marvel, idiot.

Samnee only on Cap for six issues...

That's rich making up shit you stupid spedley. Marvel said there's only 52 books, with one unknown 53trd book. Won't be Cap.

Are you serious? Of course it's going to fucking be Cap.

He also wrote Nazi Cap

> Coates on Captain America

What the hell does Coates want to do with Steve? I guess I'll take him over David Walker but fuck if that don't get eye roll inducing real quick.

I sure do love Sup Forums fan theories /pretend insider leaks

Remember that time when the same "Insider" tried to claim Zdarsky was going to put in an Amy Schumer analogue as Spider-Man's love interest?

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90820316/#90828627

trading aids for cancer

Zdarsky did that though. There is an OC female stand-up comedian introduced in the first issue and she asks Spidey out on a date.
Way to shit the bed, user, way to shit the bed,

She's nothing like Amy Schumer though.

Do you really think she looks like Amy Schumer? Fucking really?

The guy didn't say she would look like Amy Schumer

have some actual news

>ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #25
>Written by TOM TAYLOR
>Penciled by JUANN CABAL
>Cover by TERRY DODSON

>ORPHANS OF X
>DAKEN, the enigmatic son of Logan, has been kidnapped and it’s up to the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE to find him. But when the trail leads Laura, a genetic clone of the original Wolverine, back to the FACILITY where she was created and tortured, she will find new horrors waiting for her. Who are the ORPHANS OF X and what do they have in store for the children of Logan?

Spencer wrote Superior Foes and is generally better at comedy books. Maybe he'll make Spider-Man good again. Who fucking knows

Then what's Amy Schumer-ish about her? What the fuck did the user get right? It's certainly not that she'd be a comedian, as in the very thread that you linked, there's a quote from Zdarsky about how the character's a comedian.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90820316/#90828847

You better not be that "insider".